Author Topic: Bodybuilding can be very expensive  (Read 13258 times)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
Re: Bodybuilding can be very expensive
« Reply #100 on: April 05, 2011, 07:43:49 PM »

This is up your alley, Uber. Get in on this.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: April 05, 2011, 07:45:06 PM »

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #102 on: April 05, 2011, 07:46:53 PM »
My valuable hip & friends.

So we went a little bit off track. But that's what makes GetBig GetBig. We're more than just thongs, oil, and shaved gorillas. Not much more. But more.

But this thread has already made me late. I'm out.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #103 on: April 05, 2011, 07:49:40 PM »
So we went a little bit off track. But that's what makes GetBig GetBig. We're more than just thongs, oil, and shaved gorillas. Not much more. But more.

But this thread has already made me late. I'm out.
:) We agree.  Stay cool.
a

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #104 on: April 05, 2011, 08:01:09 PM »
The FDR "New Deal" was responsible for most of the prosperity of the post war years up to the Vietnam era...Then the inflation that hit because of the one two punch of exploding energy prices and money going to Vietnam actions caused the "New Right" to dismantle much of the "New Deal" mainly by reducing tarriffs, keeping wages as low as they can, and saying the solution is to dismantle more of the "New Deal", ignoring the fact that their fiddling with it caused this problem to begin with...

To be fair I have to say that LBJ should have levied surtaxes to finance Vietnam...

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: April 05, 2011, 09:13:55 PM »
 Privatization of health care in the US is a disaster.

Health industry lobbyists and the crooked politicians who keep this fucked up system going need to be dragged outside and burnt alive for their greed.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #106 on: April 05, 2011, 09:44:40 PM »
When you have an industry as big as insurance it will NEVER be perfect. Is it perfect? No but it sure as hell isn't a disaster especially when the majority of the country are happy with their insurance. I know I'm happy with mine. The funny thing is the people who are against privatization really expect something for nothing. Fact is, government is not the answer, look around, seriously, its government that's the disaster not privatization..of anything. This isn't hearsay, this is fact.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #107 on: April 05, 2011, 09:59:46 PM »
When you have an industry as big as insurance it will NEVER be perfect. Is it perfect? No but it sure as hell isn't a disaster especially when the majority of the country are happy with their insurance. I know I'm happy with mine. The funny thing is the people who are against privatization really expect something for nothing. Fact is, government is not the answer, look around, seriously, its government that's the disaster not privatization..of anything. This isn't hearsay, this is fact.

which is responsible for human rights?  private industry or government?

which is responsible for law and order? private industry or government?

which is responsible for jails, police, judges, the monetary system, the military, the postal service, and all major infrastructure?

government solves nothing?

seems to me that government solves, or at least improves, just about everything.

Daryl07

• Getbig I
« Reply #108 on: April 05, 2011, 10:08:00 PM »
Yes it seems to be correct and i think it is exceeding and should be controlled and i also disagree with such taxes. :(
Daryl

basil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #109 on: April 05, 2011, 10:19:59 PM »
He forgot ''don't you ever get sick''.

My mother in law (63 yr/o)has cancer and my father in law (61 yr/o)has heart problems (heart open surgery 6 month ago) middle class family ,they worked their whole life ,they just sold their house to pay their medical bills (co  payment)now they are renting  a small apartment and they are broke as fuck.

This is why I love Canada: I got hit with the Big C 2 years ago.  33 yrs old and in great shape.  Non smoker, social drinker.  I work for an great company with a really good med. plan, and a provincial health coverage that payed for what my private coverage didn't.  4 solid months of nasty chemotherapy, followed by having a bunch of my guts scooped out (plus all chemo and pain drugs), and the only thing I had to pay out of pocket was to have a tv in my hospital room.  No questions asked about any if it.  The Great White North is truly great.  

I really feel for my south of the border brethren, such as those mentioned in Che's post.  You know, with universal health care the average working man/woman will end up paying more in taxes to cover costs, but on the flip side, if you end up on the shitty end of the unemployment rate stick, you will not be left for dead in your hospital waiting room.  In this current economic climate (and current, i mean the last 5 years, and next decades going forward) you or a loved one will find a need for public "Obamacare".  Only then will you be thankful.  cheers all.  have a safe day.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #110 on: April 05, 2011, 10:26:27 PM »
which is responsible for human rights?  private industry or government?

Are you talking about protecting it or making it better, governments job is to protect it, private industry makes it better. The government fucks up damn near everything it lays it's hands on. Health insurance isn't a "right".

which is responsible for law and order? private industry or government?

Government, but it's the same government that wants to cut the military budget by almost 20%..brilliant since the first order of business for the president is to protect the country, not apologize for it to communist leaders

which is responsible for jails, police, judges, the monetary system, the military, the postal service, and all major infrastructure?

Government...and it's doing a great fucking job, post office is broke, stimulus was supposed to be for infrastructure but after a $700bil input they say they need money for "infrastructure", the military? see above comment, the police, cities and counties are looking for ways to cut the budget, civil service gets cut ALL THE TIME...look up "Costa Mesa" and you'll see that they are cutting almost 1/2 of government workers to make the budget. Yes Tbombs, they fuck things up..BIG TIME!

government solves nothing?

seems to me that government solves, or at least improves, just about everything.

You're naive

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #111 on: April 05, 2011, 10:46:31 PM »

government- to govern, to control variables and push reality towards a desired outcome.

govern the behavior of people and institutions to ensure everyone basic rights and fairness, and promote a better standard of living.

this includes creating a resource pool (taxation) and using it to pay for enforcement of laws(police judicial jails military) and the for the operation of programs designed to boost standard of living (fire department, health care, education, etc).

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #112 on: April 05, 2011, 10:49:31 PM »

government- to govern, to control variables and push reality towards a desired outcome.

govern the behavior of people and institutions to ensure everyone basic rights and fairness, and promote a better standard of living.

this includes creating a resource pool (taxation) and using it to pay for enforcement of laws(police judicial jails military) and the for the operation of programs designed to boost standard of living (fire department, health care, education, etc).

So what's your point brain child?

We can all agree government is necessary, but to what degree?

I don't rely on government for much, and I want it as small as possible.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #113 on: April 05, 2011, 10:53:06 PM »
So what's your point brain child?

We can all agree government is necessary, but to what degree?

I don't rely on government for much, and I want it as small as possible.

as small as possible?

its quite possible for it to be non existant.

so why have any government at all?

because it can be good.

and as long as it is doing good, then thats good.

and the more good it does, the better that is.

so the best government will be as big as possible while still remaining as good as possible.
 :-*

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #114 on: April 05, 2011, 10:56:58 PM »
as small as possible?

because it can be good.

so the best government will be as big as possible while still remaining as good as possible.

I know you're not THIS fucking dumb, this has to be a joke..right?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #115 on: April 05, 2011, 10:59:16 PM »
I know you're not THIS fucking dumb, this has to be a joke..right?
its the truth

deal with it

more government=better government, so long as the government is good government. superb government. top of the line, without a doubt, undoubtedly the best government.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #116 on: April 05, 2011, 11:06:16 PM »
its the truth

deal with it

more government=better government, so long as the government is good government. superb government. top of the line, without a doubt, undoubtedly the best government.

Something tells me you'd rather have the government dictate (like Oshithead is trying to do) your life rather than fend or think for yourself. BTW, the highlighted? Impossible...move on.

Game Time

• Getbig III
  • Go out fatboy
« Reply #117 on: April 05, 2011, 11:12:21 PM »
Something tells me you'd rather have the government dictate (like Oshithead is trying to do) your life rather than fend or think for yourself. BTW, the highlighted? Impossible...move on.
You're very passionate about politics and your point of view, that's quite clear. But, sometimes there is a middle ground and even the farthest left or right winged ideologists need to recognize that.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #118 on: April 05, 2011, 11:12:50 PM »
. BTW, the highlighted? Impossible...move on.
i was having a bit of literary fun

but of course its possible

anyways

the government should be as small as possible. thats true. but your forgetting the second part. which is... as small as possible, while still doing as much good as possible.

and that means it will be as big as possible while still doing only good.

marty31672

• Getbig IV
« Reply #119 on: April 05, 2011, 11:53:59 PM »
with bodyweight exercises bodybuilding can be free
its still a good idea to join a gym

mac7000

• Getbig II
« Reply #120 on: April 06, 2011, 12:24:38 AM »
Pellius and Coach are right. I work for one of the top three biggest fire departments in the US. We pick up the poor and all around pieces of shit non-stop. Everyone gets care in the US no one is turned awayed. Its funny Americans can't be bothered with paying for health care but they can pay for their brand new Ford F450 and TV dinners.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #121 on: April 06, 2011, 12:33:43 AM »
Pellius and Coach are right. I work for one of the top three biggest fire departments in the US. We pick up the poor and all around pieces of shit non-stop. Everyone gets care in the US no one is turned awayed. Its funny Americans can't be bothered with paying for health care but they can pay for their brand new Ford F450 and TV dinners.

Interesting statement.

Below we have an Ford F-450 and a TV dinner.

a

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #122 on: April 06, 2011, 01:06:13 AM »
Here's a copy of my hospital bill from February 2011 for (left) total hip replacement.

The total is $135,927.70   Yes, that amount is obscene and shows how insanely out of whack US medical care cost have become. I was in the hospital a grand total of 29 - 30 hours. . . hours not days or weeks.

This bill does not include my doctor's fee or his assistants.

Including all pre-op examinations, post-op care (so far) the bill for my hip is slightly over $150,000. The absolute number of hours I have spent with doctors, therapist, radiologist, nurses, pharmacy visits, etc., is 35 -37 hours.   Yes, they fixed me.
I`d put that bill in my circular file........AKA the fucking wastebasket!!

Crazy shit!

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #123 on: April 06, 2011, 01:07:20 AM »
as small as possible?

because it can be good.

If you can't make your own life "good", that's your problem.  Mine is "good", by my own making.  Besides national defense, fire, police, zoning, etc... the government can fuck off.

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: April 06, 2011, 01:11:13 AM »
 So basically, if you are in the USA and you need an emergency surgery, and you don't have insurance, you can get hit with a bill for 100K. Even if you are a U.S. citizen.

How can anyone defend a health care system in which this kind of shit can happen? Unbelievable.

The insurance industry has got a lot of Americans brainwashed into thinking privatized health care is good for them. I can't believe so many stupid fucking people in the US fight to keep this garbage system alive.