Author Topic: To getbig twinks who overanalize shit  (Read 6233 times)

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
Re: To getbig twinks who overanalize shit
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2011, 08:30:19 PM »
I still wear my hat backwards when I train......I know for a fact that puts 25 lbs on your bench
i havent wore a hat since i was 17...i am issued a hat at work and have never worn it except once in the mirror..

bench

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2011, 08:33:55 PM »
What happened to shit like this?

Tomorrow morning I will wake up .. walk to the gym 30 min then lift weights ... I will walk back home, strech, have a shower, dress fresh and clean and go have an expresso. At some point I will get hungry. I'll eat a thick pork steak with fresh veggies and maybe sum fruit.

Whenever I will get hungry again I will eat again .. maybe .. if not, I won't.

in a couple of months I will look like a Greek God

naturally

I will not walk around with plastic tupperware with 6 portions of bland 6 oz chicken breast and defrosted green beans while avoiding ketchup to "get ripped".  

I am a man who cooks his own food. As in home cooked tasty meals. Local organic produce that is fresh and in-season. Fresh fruit because it tastes good.

Sometimes I lift in jeans and a white tee because I fucking feel like it. I do not want music in my gym when I lift. I like focusing on my muscles with my mind.

As I approach 35, been lifting since 15, I am starting to actually enjoy this shit without making it an obsession. I do it for health reasons and because I enjoy being a 35 yo stud  ;D
]]

haha so true so true

Cliff Clavin

• Getbig II
  • It's a little known fact
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2011, 08:35:41 PM »
I actually think I am young. I consider 50's as middle age

Its a little known fact the average life span of a man is 73 so technically 36 is middle age

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2011, 08:38:37 PM »
getting results from lifting weights is just like having sex, you have to have a good theory about it and know the basics but the execution is almost 100% instinctive.

bic_staedtler

• Getbig IV
  • That is all.
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2011, 09:03:29 PM »
Come on, admit it.  When you were a teenager, you probably DID overanalyze everything like we ALL do.  So what's so fucking great that you finally learned your lesson after FIFTEEN YEARS? ::)

Perhaps if you weren't so meticulous in those early years, you wouldn't be able to enjoy the fruits of your labours today.

Basically, get off your high horse. 

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2011, 10:20:54 PM »
You know it  ;)

lift weights, eat a steak have abeer and enjoy life with great people

I got fired years ago from a job while prepping for a show. They did not give us the scheduled break. So I pulled out a steak and started eating it so I won't get "catabolic"  :D. Bam! You are fired!

hahahaha!  ;D They probably went like "wtf is wrong with this guy".  ;D ;D

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2011, 10:29:00 PM »
Come on, admit it.  When you were a teenager, you probably DID overanalyze everything like we ALL do.  So what's so fucking great that you finally learned your lesson after FIFTEEN YEARS? ::)

Perhaps if you weren't so meticulous in those early years, you wouldn't be able to enjoy the fruits of your labours today.

Great post  8)

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2011, 01:01:12 AM »
Lift a weight eat a steak.  If unsatisfied with results, lift a bigger weight eat a bigger steak.
lolllll ;D

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2011, 01:17:14 AM »
i eat what i want and when I want.... i don't count carbs or protein, but today i have eaten allready about 300g of carbs from pie and after that some cottage cheese that had 40g of protein about.

I eat like that most of the time... If I eat chicken, it has to be barbaque chicken and it has to have crispy tasty skin.   I don't eat rice because it's dry, I prefer french fries and potatoes.

"Oh yeah, I don't believe you, I don't believe yoU! You would be much bigger and not some 167lbs twink with low bf%!"

Yeah, I would be if I didn't get a 39 degree fever twice a year and have to start training from the beginning every time after losing 5kg of weight.    It's not easy for me.... if I would live near karibian sea where there's hot summer every month and fill my lungs with ocean weather every day SUUUUUURE I would stay healthy...

But yeah, sev, I agree.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2011, 01:35:03 AM »
i eat what i want and when I want.... i don't count carbs or protein, but today i have eaten allready about 300g of carbs from pie and after that some cottage cheese that had 40g of protein about.

I eat like that most of the time... If I eat chicken, it has to be barbaque chicken and it has to have crispy tasty skin.   I don't eat rice because it's dry, I prefer french fries and potatoes.

"Oh yeah, I don't believe you, I don't believe yoU! You would be much bigger and not some 167lbs twink with low bf%!"

Yeah, I would be if I didn't get a 39 degree fever twice a year and have to start training from the beginning every time after losing 5kg of weight.    It's not easy for me.... if I would live near karibian sea where there's hot summer every month and fill my lungs with ocean weather every day SUUUUUURE I would stay healthy...

But yeah, sev, I agree.
I believe you man.

You seem super lean from pics, you body is a furnace.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2011, 02:35:59 AM »

haha listen to this loser

did it ever cross your mind that some people are born for this? I take my body from muffin to stud muffin in 8 weeks ... I am Kevin to your Joycelin

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2011, 02:36:31 AM »
I believe you man.

You seem super lean from pics, you body is a furnace.

glutes ripped = super lean ;P

I'm merely lean, remember to use getbig standards!

I try to get mass and strength... but I got a shoulder problem early this year, and now I got my knee holaaring me a little.... but I can train, so... I train as hard as I can, now if I could only have like 1 year of deciase free training, I will improve.

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2011, 02:42:38 AM »
Good post, and a very catchy title: "...overanalize shit.  ;D

Nn

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2011, 03:34:47 AM »
35 = middle age.  No wonder you have more wisdom than all the kids posting here.

Good point, so true...and do you want to know why those kids have this lack of wisdom? It's not the age, but instead of that, it is the fact they think they already knows better. This hamster wheel goes around like this: In teenage you are full of the natural testosterone, but you don't know shit about bodybuilding, so you read some forums and magazines. With the teenagers intelligence you pick out all the dumplings what you are fond of out from that soup, and that will be your guideline no matter how silly and impossible it could be. Then you are lifting weights, and wondering why most of the adults think you are doing it poorly. You are gaining age more than the muscles and when you reach your adulthood, you find yourself wondering why you don't get nowhere no matter how much you are lifting. It take a while to understand that all what you have hear is true, bodybuilding is quite simple sport, but it need some kind of brain functions as well as protein and lifting. You see, the muscle itself has no brains, so you must have, and with your brains you should understand few points:

1. amount of exercise has to be in relationship with the size of the muscle. For example, I see every day how guys do 20-60 sets for the bicep, which weights something like 2 lb. What that means, is that instead of growing your bicep, you are burning it a way with too much work.

2. you have to know your muscles and what they do. You can do old school sit ups but crunches are far more effective, because crunch is what your abdominal muscles are made for. You can do pull downs for your latissimus and lean back as far as you can, but the natural range of motion will benefit you more. Your ancestors were apes, they didn't lean back while doing chins.

3. you have to eat and you have to rest enough, to give your muscles time to recover before the next training session. It is common to go to gym at least four times a week, some of us trains every day, and why? They have read that pro's do like that, and that is quite ok, if you are one of them. On the other hand, if you are a natural bodybuilder, you don't recover as fast as those guys who pump gear in their system, because what gear does, is speeding up your recovery. If you take big pills from the bottle which has picture of the horse in the label, you recover overnight no matter how hard you have been training, but if not, it takes at least three days.  

It is really as simple as that. You don't need books, magazines and forums, you have to listen your own body and understand how it works. You have to outsmart your muscles work harder than they can, and how difficult that could be, while your muscles have no brains at all. You just lift until it hurts like hell in the muscle what you are training. No matter if you are doing bench or the squat etc., what you need is right amount of weight to meet your pain barrier with 8 to 10 reps, and do 10 to 12 reps.    

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2011, 03:38:14 AM »

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2011, 03:48:45 AM »

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2011, 03:49:39 AM »

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2011, 03:52:44 AM »
Im going to TO  ;D

SHIT nuigga  :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

ok lets stop there :P haha, well played  8)

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2011, 05:02:52 AM »
Just came back from a leg workout. I drank liquid eggwhites and im eating icecream for carbs.  8) gh15 approved meal

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2011, 05:26:04 AM »
Just came back from a leg workout. I drank liquid eggwhites and im eating icecream for carbs.  8) gh15 approved meal
used to do that too

then I would shiver

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2011, 05:35:44 AM »
And after a year or so.....if still unsatisfied, take up knitting and put the pink weights down

At least the knitting will have him spending less on juice when he has all the family quilts done by Christmas.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2011, 05:49:12 AM »
used to do that too

then I would shiver
Why?

Im fine, for the moment.  ;D

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2011, 05:51:08 AM »
Why?

Im fine, for the moment.  ;D
Because I would eat a lot of icecream and get cold

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2011, 08:05:57 AM »
haha listen to this loser

did it ever cross your mind that some people are born for this? I take my body from muffin to stud muffin in 8 weeks ... I am Kevin to your Joycelin

His point is that you overanalized this stuff too when you were young. See:

I got fired years ago from a job while prepping for a show. They did not give us the scheduled break. So I pulled out a steak and started eating it so I won't get "catabolic"  :D. Bam! You are fired!