Author Topic: Manny Ramirez retires instead of serving 100 game suspension.  (Read 2195 times)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
Manny tests positive again for performance enchancing drug use. Second positive result in as many years. Without a doubt this asshole has juiced his entire career and made a ton of money while doing it. I wonder if he tested positive again for a female fertitlity drug to mask his juicing.

Nice way to flame out on a possible hall of fame career that's been tainted with steriod use. I'm sure his Tampa Bay teammates were relying on him to provide a big bat in the lineup this season. Not happening. Typical of a self-absorbed player who puts himself above the team like he always has his entire career.

What a joke. ::) Even the Orioles were smart enough not to offer him a last hurrah contract in the offseason.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
Re: Manny Ramirez retires instead of serving 100 game suspension.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 03:09:05 PM »
Hes got one hell of a resume. I think we can all agree he probably doesnt give a shit about the HOF?

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 04:52:38 AM »
Hes got one hell of a resume. I think we can all agree he probably doesnt give a shit about the HOF?

Maybe he doesn't give a shit now but in time he will regret not being elected to the HOF.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 02:45:27 PM »
Maybe he doesn't give a shit now but in time he will regret not being elected to the HOF.

Indeed.  Won't get any endorsement deals and will have to follow in Pete Rose's footsteps...

~

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 03:15:10 PM »
guy was a high school legend as evidenced by this.was he juicing then?
F

body88

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 07:35:00 PM »
Juiced or not, he was one of the greatest hitters of all time. Steriods don't make you have a swing like Manny had, nor do they give you the superior hand eye that he posses as well.

That's not even getting into the fact that he was facing juiced up pitchers. Proof is in the pudding, Andy Pettitte is a confirmed juice monkey and Manny faced him over his entire career. If Pettitte was using, that means at least 50% of the other pitchers around the league were as well, including Sox guys.

People need to accept there was widespread steriod use within the MLB for at least a decade. People are foolish to believe players don't talk and do EVERYTHING that they can to gain an edge when there is tens of millions of dollars on the line.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 07:38:25 PM »
Juiced or not, he was one of the greatest hitters of all time. Steriods don't make you have a swing like many had, nor do they give you the superior hand eye that he posses as well.

That's not even getting into the fact that he was facing juiced up pitchers. Proof is in the pudding, Andy Pettite is a confirmed juice monkey and Manny faced him over his entire career. If Pettitte was using, that means at least 50% of the other pitchers around the league were as well, including Sox guys.

Maybe not but they definetly refine those talents/skills and bring them together, they give pro athlete's at least
those precious extra few percent!

body88

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2011, 08:15:30 PM »

If you can tell me how Steriods improve hand eye coordination and natural talent as it relates to a fluid and almost flawless swing, I will change my tune. Lots of guys out there on the juice that couldn't duplicate Manny's swing.

Also, if Manny Ramirez was facing juiced up pitchers (which he was), they cancel each other out.

Sure steriod, give guys an edge, but if it was all the drugs, you'd have a shitload of guys with numbers/talent like Manny, and we all know that is not the case. Many is one of those rare cats that was built to hit a ball with a bat.

I'd say at least 70% of MLB players were on shit when the "steriod era" was at its peak.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2011, 10:17:14 PM »
If you can tell me how Steriods improve hand eye coordination and natural talent as it relates to a fluid and almost flawless swing, I will change my tune. Lots of guys out there on the juice that couldn't duplicate Manny's swing.

Also, if Manny Ramirez was facing juiced up pitchers (which he was), they cancel each other out.

Sure steriod, give guys an edge, but if it was all the drugs, you'd have a shitload of guys with numbers/talent like Manny, and we all know that is not the case. Many is one of those rare cats that was built to hit a ball with a bat.

I'd say at least 70% of MLB players were on shit when the "steriod era" was at its peak.

I don't think you understand what I meant,  what I'm saying is steroids bring it all together, never said they aid in eyesight, but if you've ever done juice you know how amazing you feel on it, just getting up in the morning you have an extra bounce to your step
you feel great all day, extra bravado, extra confidence, you feel at one with your body. Those are the little factors that I'm talking about that can improve a player's game, you don't have crappy bummed out days, etc. etc. they also aid with synergy

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2011, 10:38:55 PM »
batspeed and power come to mind first.

But manny, like bonds and a-rod were great before the juice. Steroids didnt make their careers.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 07:40:24 AM »
The juice may have not helped Manny's swing or eye coordination but it helped him play more games and recover from injury faster. By virtue of that, he was able to accumulate more hits, HR's, RBI's, etc. Therefore, his numbers are obviously tainted and forever held with an asterisk. Just like a lot of players current and past.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2011, 07:51:52 AM »
batspeed and power come to mind first.

But manny, like bonds and a-rod were great before the juice. Steroids didnt make their careers.

Yeah, but when you say 'before'....you have no idea how long these guys have been juicing and when they actually started. Sure, those guys you mentioned are extremely gifted players, but no one really knows how soon they started and at what frequency.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2011, 09:30:25 AM »
you can't tell exactly when a guy went on the juice but you can tell when he upped the juice in a free agent year witness brady anderson's career.
F

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2011, 09:54:52 AM »
LOL....that entire 1996 Orioles lineup was juiced to the gills that season! Every hitter from 1-9 hit at least 20 home runs that year. Brady Anderson's previous HR best was 21 in a season and then he hits an eye-popping 50 HR's the next year! Still a MLB record for HR's in a season for a leadoff man.

I used to see Brady in downtown Baltimore all the time during his playing days. He was built like a brick shit house in person. He currently does color commentary for occasional Orioles games. He's not bad as a broadcaster, either.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2011, 01:40:07 PM »
Yeah, but when you say 'before'....you have no idea how long these guys have been juicing and when they actually started. Sure, those guys you mentioned are extremely gifted players, but no one really knows how soon they started and at what frequency.

What i'm trying to say is, take away the time they spent on the sauce..and they would still put up sick numbers. Ya know?