Author Topic: Morales vs Maidana tonight !!!!  (Read 13793 times)

che

• Getbig V
Re: Morales vs Maidana tonight !!!!
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2011, 09:24:04 PM »
Just goes to show how good prime Morales was -- better than Pac. The last man to beat Pac and that was coming off his prime.
He's a fucking legend ,fighting with one eye against a much younger and stronger fighter in his prime , much respect.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2011, 09:25:24 PM »
Morales got ripped off. Damn fine fight though.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2011, 09:26:06 PM »
I had  Maidana by 2pts .

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2011, 09:28:12 PM »
He's a fucking legend ,fighting with one eye against a much younger and stronger fighter in his prime , much respect.

Prime Morales would have had him out within 6 rounds. I hate Maidana.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2011, 09:30:02 PM »
Prime Morales would have had him out within 6 rounds. I hate Maidana.
I agree.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2011, 09:36:45 PM »
Just goes to show how good prime Morales was -- better than Pac. The last man to beat Pac and that was coming off his prime.

::)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2011, 09:42:01 PM »
I had  Maidana by 2pts .
Close, Morales is a tough SOB they should of gave it to him probably his last fight unless he does Roberto Duran just fights for money til he cant anymore.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2011, 09:45:05 PM »
>:(

Kirkland got his ass beat ,fucking idiot.

Jim Lampley said in 25 years of broadcasting that was one of the most shocking results he had witnessed...a guy like the Japanese fella with such a low kayo percentage dispatching of him in the first round via 3 knockdowns.

I have to admit I though Kirkland would have finished him off in the first round.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2011, 09:51:04 PM »
Jim Lampley said in 25 years of broadcasting that was one of the most shocking results he had witnessed...a guy like the Japanese fella with such a low kayo percentage dispatching of him in the first round via 3 knockdowns.

I have to admit I though Kirkland would have finished him off in the first round.

I  hope he learned his lesson  but I doubt it.

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2011, 09:51:53 PM »
::)

You must not follow boxing. Morales is the last man to beat pac, and this was shortly after his prime, meaning not even at his best.

Pac isn't as good as a lot of people think. He's made a living of beating up washed up, old fighters. The last 2 real challengers he's faced, Morales and Marquez, he's lost against or barely squeaked out a win. Oscar, Hatton, Margarito, Cotto -- all old and/or shot. And now he's facing Mosley for fuk sakes. Mosley is shot to hell and his prime was a decade ago. ::)

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2011, 09:54:22 PM »
You must not follow boxing. Morales is the last man to beat pac, and this was shortly after his prime, meaning not even at his best.

Pac isn't as good as a lot of people think. He's made a living of beating up washed up, old fighters. The last 2 real challengers he's faced, Morales and Marquez, he's lost against or barely squeaked out a win. Oscar, Hatton, Margarito, Cotto -- all old and/or shot. And now he's facing Mosley for fuk sakes. Mosley is shot to hell and his prime was a decade ago. ::)

I disagree ,Pacquiao is a great fighter.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2011, 10:10:20 PM »

Hatton and Cotto were washed up before they got into the ring with Pac?

Hatton had ONE loss to the P4P king Mayweather Jr. at that point and Cotto was basically undefeated as a BIG welterweight. WTF are you talking about?? Did you not see the knockout of the year he put a one loss Hatton into retirement? Btw, who says that Miguel Cotto is "washed up"? His only legit loss is to Manny Pacquiao.

The last time Pac fought a 20 something Morales he made him quit like a little bitch.

That's not to take anything away from Morales, he is a helluva fighter and I have loved watching him over the years but the point is it is EXTREMELY difficult to make a case AGAINST Manny Pacquiao not being a great all time boxer.

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2011, 10:32:20 PM »

Hatton had ONE loss to the P4P king Mayweather Jr. at that point and Cotto was basically undefeated as a BIG welterweight. WTF are you talking about?? Did you not see the knockout of the year he put a one loss Hatton into retirement? Btw, who says that Miguel Cotto is "washed up"? His only legit loss is to Manny Pacquiao.

The last time Pac fought a 20 something Morales he made him quit like a little bitch.

That's not to take anything away from Morales, he is a helluva fighter and I have loved watching him over the years but the point is it is EXTREMELY difficult to make a case AGAINST Manny Pacquiao not being a great all time boxer.

Hatton and Cotto were damaged fighters by the time Pac got a hold of them. Both had been destroyed, one by PBF and the other, cotto, by marg. While I will admit I exaggerated in saying those 2 were washed up, they were damaged goods and not prime. Pac ALWAYS has an angle. I won't even get into him weight draining his opponents to make a weight most of them haven't fought at in years.
Manny is a great fighter, but he has a terrible habit of picking on guys less than their best. I mean, wtf is he fighting Mosley for? That's just embarrassing.
The last fighter that was worth anything and in his prime was Marquez and he gave manny all he was worth with alot of people thinking Marquez won their second fight.
Present manny is a great fighter fighting less than great fighters. All of these wins the past couple of years are way overrated.

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2011, 10:39:17 PM »

Morales was 29-30 years old. His prime was around his first fight with Barrera at 25 years old.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2011, 11:02:14 PM »
Hatton and Cotto were damaged fighters by the time Pac got a hold of them. Both had been destroyed, one by PBF and the other, cotto, by marg. While I will admit I exaggerated in saying those 2 were washed up, they were damaged goods and not prime. Pac ALWAYS has an angle. I won't even get into him weight draining his opponents to make a weight most of them haven't fought at in years.
Manny is a great fighter, but he has a terrible habit of picking on guys less than their best. I mean, wtf is he fighting Mosley for? That's just embarrassing.
The last fighter that was worth anything and in his prime was Marquez and he gave manny all he was worth with alot of people thinking Marquez won their second fight.
Present manny is a great fighter fighting less than great fighters. All of these wins the past couple of years are way overrated.

Fair enough, we will just have to agree to disagree but I respect some of the points you are making here.

While the loss to PBF probably started the downside to Hatton's career and the beating that Cotto took from a cheat rat like Margarito did have a noticeable effect on their fighting abilities I would still argue all night that they were "worth something" and both are very, very legitimate victories ESPECIALLY for a former light flyweight.

And yeah, I will admit I am a little disappointed with this last pick for an opponent. Maybe he should have fought a guy like an Andre Berto or whatever, but even at this point where Manny is probably past his prime and most likely on the down side of his career I just can't get up for a fight with him vs. a Berto type because I don't think Berto would give him much of a fight. The only fight that makes sense is Pac vs. Mayweather and we could go 5 pages on that discussion.

We can get into a discussion of "primes" and all that but the fact still remains Pacquiao....

Dropped Marquez 3 times in the first round.

Made Morales quit while sitting on his ass fully aware and coherent.

Forced Oscar De la hoya to quit on his stool because there wasn't a damn thing he could do but stand in their and get his ass beat.

Sent Ricky Hatton into retirement via one of the most brutal kayos I have ever seen.

Disfigured Antonio Margaritos face in a UD where he didn't even lose a round.

Forced a 12th round TKO against a WARRIOR like Miguel Cotto.

Had Joshua Clottey so psyched out in their fight that all Clottey did was hold his gloves up in fear of being knocked the fuck out.

Who else in boxing has a resume that can claim anything near that?

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
  • PALUMBOISM DESTROYED BODYBUILDING!
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2011, 12:29:32 AM »
Thank you Erik Morales!
Even in defeat tonite you showed the world why you are a legend!

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2011, 01:20:57 AM »
Fair enough, we will just have to agree to disagree but I respect some of the points you are making here.

While the loss to PBF probably started the downside to Hatton's career and the beating that Cotto took from a cheat rat like Margarito did have a noticeable effect on their fighting abilities I would still argue all night that they were "worth something" and both are very, very legitimate victories ESPECIALLY for a former light flyweight.

And yeah, I will admit I am a little disappointed with this last pick for an opponent. Maybe he should have fought a guy like an Andre Berto or whatever, but even at this point where Manny is probably past his prime and most likely on the down side of his career I just can't get up for a fight with him vs. a Berto type because I don't think Berto would give him much of a fight. The only fight that makes sense is Pac vs. Mayweather and we could go 5 pages on that discussion.

We can get into a discussion of "primes" and all that but the fact still remains Pacquiao....

Dropped Marquez 3 times in the first round.

Made Morales quit while sitting on his ass fully aware and coherent.

Forced Oscar De la hoya to quit on his stool because there wasn't a damn thing he could do but stand in their and get his ass beat.

Sent Ricky Hatton into retirement via one of the most brutal kayos I have ever seen.

Disfigured Antonio Margaritos face in a UD where he didn't even lose a round.

Forced a 12th round TKO against a WARRIOR like Miguel Cotto.

Had Joshua Clottey so psyched out in their fight that all Clottey did was hold his gloves up in fear of being knocked the fuck out.

Who else in boxing has a resume that can claim anything near that?

Maybe,But, we don't even know if he's the best fighter even of today. He needs to beat PBF to confirm

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2011, 02:42:06 AM »
miadana needs a new trainer, he had no game plan what so ever, should have took freddy roach up on his offer to train him for this fight..

i thought eric edged it, even tho he's miles past his prime, he would have done a real job on him a few year ago

also.... is pauly mananagi ? .. the most pointless boxer, he should get on the juice and join the jersey shore

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2011, 11:02:30 AM »
miadana needs a new trainer, he had no game plan what so ever, should have took freddy roach up on his offer to train him for this fight..

i thought eric edged it, even tho he's miles past his prime, he would have done a real job on him a few year ago

also.... is pauly mananagi ? .. the most pointless boxer, he should get on the juice and join the jersey shore
LOL at Pauly Malinaggi!
Malinaggi is clown and an embarassement for entire italian-americans community!
I remember when italian-americans were respected and feared in this country by the general population,you had boxer like Jack La Motta and Rocky Marciano in the ring and criminals like  Al Capone and Charles "Lucky" Luciano in the street.
Now instead american-italian have Pauly Malinaggi and Mike "The Situation" with the all cast of Jersey Shore.
And yes I said that,I consider a bigger embarassement for italian-americans community the cast of Jersey Shore than Mobster like Al Capone or Luciano!

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2011, 11:09:17 AM »
LOL at Pauly Malinaggi!
Malinaggi is clown and an embarassement for entire italian-american comunity!
I remember when italian-american were respected and feared in this country by the general population,you had boxer like Jack La Motta and Rocky Marciano in the ring and criminals like  Al Capone and Charles "Lucky" Luciano in the street.
Now instead american-italian have Pauly Malinaggi and Mike "The Situation" with the all cast of Jersey Shore.
And yes I said that,I consider a bigger embarassement for american-italians comunity the cast of Jersey Shore than Mobster like Al Capone or Luciano!

Damn, I never really thought about it but you are spot on with that statement.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2011, 11:30:45 AM »
Pac career above super lightweight is an ARUM joke.

N/A    Shane Mosley   -   - (12)   2011-05-07    MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, United States   WBO Welterweight World Title on the line
Win    Antonio Margarito   UD   12 (12)   2010-11-13    Cowboys Stadium, Arlington, United States   Won vacant WBC Super Welterweight World Title.
Win    Joshua Clottey   UD   12 (12)   2010-03-13    Cowboys Stadium, Arlington, United States   Retained WBO Welterweight World Title.
Win    Miguel Ángel Cotto   TKO   12 (12)   2009-11-14    MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, United States   Won WBO Welterweight World Title and WBC Diamond Belt.
Win    Ricky Hatton   KO   2 (12)   2009-05-02    MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, United States   Won IBO and The Ring Light Welterweight World Titles.
Win    Oscar De La Hoya   TKO   8 (12)   2008-12-06    MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, United States   A non-title fight, fought at Welterweight.

FMW bet Oscar, Hatton and Mosley before hand.
Clottey was blood clot.
Marg 2 yrs out the game vs a smaller Sergio Martinez which Roach or Arum's bank acct wasnt having.

I give credit for cotto even though he got the shit beat out him by bricks in Marg's gloves, was still pretty young for that fight

This guy is lb4lb boxing BS!

Berto - He'd probably find away to win vs Berto but he'd come out that fight damaged goods, will have to TRADE with berto to get berto out the fight.
FMW - it doesnt make a diffence if he wins or loses. 40M+ payday.
Sergio - if he can fight Marg at 152 at 5'11" whats the deal with Sergio who is 5'9".  his camp will take the fight at a catch weight.  Pac doesnt get past 5 rds because Sergio brings 160 punching power down with him.
Williams - his forearms are longer than Pac's arms and Pac cant produce a 160 punch to get him out of there.  Williams out works him.
Judah - Bitch arum wouldnt take this fight because Judah is fighting good and with confidence again sub-147.  If he keeps his head at 142-143, pac got his hands full with a guy with excellent hand speed still.

Brandy - here is their young black fighter next if they cant get FMW.  No real power to get pac's respect at 144.  Will get the shit beat out of him which is all well with Arum lb4lb wallet.  

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2011, 11:52:01 AM »

N/A    Shane Mosley   -   - (12)   2011-05-07    MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, United States   WBO Welterweight World Title on the line
Win    Antonio Margarito   UD   12 (12)   2010-11-13    Cowboys Stadium, Arlington, United States   Won vacant WBC Super Welterweight World Title.
Win    Joshua Clottey   UD   12 (12)   2010-03-13    Cowboys Stadium, Arlington, United States   Retained WBO Welterweight World Title.
Win    Miguel Ángel Cotto   TKO   12 (12)   2009-11-14    MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, United States   Won WBO Welterweight World Title and WBC Diamond Belt.
Win    Ricky Hatton   KO   2 (12)   2009-05-02    MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, United States   Won IBO and The Ring Light Welterweight World Titles.
Win    Oscar De La Hoya   TKO   8 (12)   2008-12-06    MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, United States   A non-title fight, fought at Welterweight.

Clottey was blood clot.
Marg 2 yrs out the game vs a smaller Sergio Martinez which Roach or Arum's bank acct wasnt having.

I give credit for cotto even though he got the shit beat out him by bricks in Marg's gloves, was still pretty young for that fight

Berto - He'd probably find away to win vs Berto but he'd come out that fight damaged goods, will have to TRADE with berto to get berto out the fight.
Sergio - if he can fight Marg at 152 at 5'11" whats the deal with Sergio who is 5'9".  his camp will take the fight at a catch weight.  Pac doesnt get past 5 rds because Sergio brings 160 punching power down with him.
Williams - his forearms are longer than Pac's arms and Pac cant produce a 160 punch to get him out of there.  Williams out works him.
Judah - Bitch arum wouldnt take this fight because Judah is fighting good and with confidence again sub-147.  If he keeps his head at 142-143, pac got his hands full with a guy with excellent hand speed still.

Brandy - here is their young black fighter next if they cant get FMW.  No real power to get pac's respect at 144.  Will get the shit beat out of him which is all well with Arum lb4lb wallet.  

G-THONG there is no hope discussing about Pacquiao with you.
You are a biased hater of Pacquiao!
Now I wonder if you would have the same opinion about Pacquiao if he was black?

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2011, 12:01:23 PM »

Clottey was blood clot.

Judah   ::).

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2011, 12:04:31 PM »
Judah   ::).
You know Judah is black!

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2011, 12:09:40 PM »
You know Judah is black!

Baldomir , Cotto, Clottey  they all beat his ass , even  Matthysse beat his ass and got robbed.