Author Topic: I hate doing taxes  (Read 6157 times)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Re: I hate doing taxes
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2011, 07:36:26 PM »
I turned in all my statements to my accountant last month. And he will charge me an arm and a leg to prepare them.

Then I have to pay them. :-\ :-\ :'(
Move to Wyoming turn off your phone, it will be tough to track you there.

asbrus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2011, 08:21:58 PM »
Everything you say here is absolutely correct. And how did it get to this point? By allowing the government to get bigger and bigger and take more and more control in our lives. The government main function, in very simple terms, is to protect people from each other. I don't mean just against violence or foreign enemies, but that when you buy a gallon of gas it's really a gallon of gas. That your meat isn't polluted with e-coli. That I can't build a tire factory or open a whore house right next to your house. That the bridge isn't going to collapse when I drive over it. That if I press on the brakes my car will stop. Now this in no way means that these never happen. Nothing is 100% a sure thing. Shit happens either by malice, incompetence or human error. Coach might punch you in the nose and my manapua might make me sick. But now we have a recourse. We have laws and a police and courts that can enforce these laws.

The government was never meant to take care of you. To provide you with a job, food, shelter, clothing and even health insurance/care. Do not conflate the concept of rights. There's a difference between having a right to have access to these things but you don't have a right to have others provide it for you. People don't seem to realize that the government can't really give anybody anything simply because it has nothing to give. What it gives one person it has taken from another. It is truly a zero sum game. The more the government "gives", the more it has to take. This is not the case with the oft demonized "rich" people. The richer Bill Gates gets doesn't mean you get poorer. In fact, it's just the opposite (if done legally of course). The more successful and rich a person gets the more he can stimulate and promote economic activity by buying goods and services that supports jobs and job growth. And in the case of a businessman to expand his business making his products, that people obviously want because they buy it, more available to the public and again creating more jobs and growing the economy.

This, my friend, is capitalism. It's not perfect but when you compare it to the alternatives it's the best we got. How do I know? Just compare the life styles and standards of living. It's not even close. Not even remotely close. It's in America where you find that the majority of poor people are fat. Diarrhea is one of the top killers in this world. And it's simply because those people don't have access to clean water.

We are a soft, spoiled, complacent and ungrateful lot and have no clue how the majority of the world lives.

G0VERNMENT IS NEVER THE PR0BLEM. THE PR0BLEM IS THE Z0MBIE BANKS AND WALL STREET THAT C0RRUPT THE G0VERNMENT AND BANKRUPT THE C0UNTRY.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2011, 08:41:43 PM »
aw yes!   i am writing a check for 15 grand.  makes me feel good i am giving it to all those democrats  who stay home, have kids, and 'raise a ruckus.'

all i ask, is that when i roll through a walmart, they stop and just say thanks to me.

x2

obtuse_waiter

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2011, 09:42:11 PM »
www.fairax.org

the idea whos time has come

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2011, 10:10:03 AM »

G0VERNMENT IS NEVER THE PR0BLEM. THE PR0BLEM IS THE Z0MBIE BANKS AND WALL STREET THAT C0RRUPT THE G0VERNMENT AND BANKRUPT THE C0UNTRY.

No, the problem is Americans are Sheeple. We sit around our living rooms bitching about what's wrong with our country but we don't lift a finger to change it. We have the government we deserve.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2011, 10:21:24 AM »
Filing taxes is a fucking pain in the ass.

I can't think of any other country where they make you do this fucking shit.

We need to end this crap. Overthrow the US government, burn down the IRS buildings, kill em' all.
In America taxes are waaaaayyyyyyyy lower than in Holland. Believe me, you don't want to trade places.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2011, 10:38:08 AM »

government is never the problem?  tell that to the middle east.
Deep Tissue Massage

asbrus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2011, 02:47:57 PM »
government is never the problem?  tell that to the middle east.

Y0U HAVE A VERY SUPERFICIAL VIEW 0F THE WAY THE W0RLD W0RKS IF Y0U TRULY BELIEVE THE MIDDLE EAST RI0TS WERE N0T INFLUENCED AND STAGED BY WESTERN C0UNTRIES.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2011, 02:52:07 PM »

Are you able to briefly explain to us how Wall Street and the Banking system works?

asbrus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2011, 02:55:58 PM »
Are you able to briefly explain to us how Wall Street and the Banking system works?

RIGHT N0W IT'S MAINLY BASED 0N SPECULATI0N AND N0T SUPPLY AND DEMAND.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2011, 02:58:40 PM »
RIGHT N0W IT'S MAINLY BASED 0N SPECULATI0N AND N0T SUPPLY AND DEMAND.

And that corrupts the government how? If I buy a house or a bushel of corn with the idea and the hope that it will go up in value that's a bad thing because?

And the banking system?

asbrus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2011, 03:33:38 PM »
And that corrupts the government how? If I buy a house or a bushel of corn with the idea and the hope that it will go up in value that's a bad thing because?

And the banking system?

BECAUSE THERE IS N0 LIMIT T0 H0W MUCH Y0U CAN L0SE 0R H0W MUCH A BANK 0R A C0MPANY CAN L0SE. WITH DERIVATIVES Y0U CAN L0SE UP T0 A TH0USAND 0F WHAT Y0U PUT IN. LEHMAN BR0THERS IS A G00D EXAMPLE 0F THIS AND S0 IS AIG. SPECULATI0N CAUSED THE DEPRESSSI0N WE ARE IN T0DAY. THERE IS N0 REGULATI0N 0N THIS BY G0VERNMENT. S0 THE BANKING SYSTEM C0LLAPSES AND WE THE TAXPAYERS HAVE T0 KEEP BAILING THEM 0UT WITH THE HELP 0F G0VERNMENT. THIS IS WHAT REALLY C0NTRIBUTES T0 THE EC0N0MIC CRISIS AND THE DEBT. THE TRUE C0ST 0F THE BAIL0UT WAS 14 TRILLI0N 3 YEARS AG0.

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2011, 04:15:18 PM »
I love Tax Time! Drop all my shit off to accountant, sign some docs, write accountant check for services, and wait for refund...direct deposit. Pad the savings accounts. Done.

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2011, 04:29:38 PM »
Sometimes I just wanna go to a deserted island and get away from all the bullshit of "civilization".
Ha! Could you imagine a "GetBig" island? Newmom and a few others would automatically be 10"s! Bay and 1morerep would def be a couple.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2014, 09:19:58 PM »
As reported by IRS.gov, for most people, the Affordable Care Act will have no effect on 2013 federal tax returns. However, there is an increase in the itemized medical deduction threshold, the new medicare tax, and the net investment income tax which will affect your 2013 return.

http://www.irs.gov/uac/What-do-I-need-to-know-about-the-Health-Care-Law-for-my-2013-Tax-Return

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2014, 03:53:53 AM »
Other countries don't make you file tax returns?  ???  Are you sure?

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2014, 03:55:33 AM »
Tax Wealth Redistribution Season

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2014, 03:56:59 AM »

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2014, 01:24:45 PM »