Author Topic: Syrian protests death toll tops 200. Obama and world stay silent.  (Read 4882 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: Syrian protests death toll tops 200. Obama and world stay silent.
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2011, 01:45:55 PM »
Like arresting people for bullshit because that's what keeps the cops / judges / and lawyers in business.

I can see that as a possible truth.

Pretty much. I think most people don't want to look at it that way because it is really depressing, basically just business as usual.

BTW, any thoughts on this year of PC games? Big year this, year, though DA2 was a big disappointment.
I hate the State.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2011, 03:52:32 PM »

your statement is really idiotic...how can the president of the United states..the most powerful man in the world....be a drone???....you don't tell allies to fuck off..thats why you don't have any idea about world diplomacy.....your lack of education really shows here

You don't?  Clueless tard.  Why don't you check when Reagan hit Libya.  Hint:  The French wouldn't help us and the Italians actually warned them.  BTW, Turkey's a part of NATO now - if you only had a fucking clue as to how much they impede us.

To say that we have to support our allies every time they want to intervene is nonsense and merely suggests that Obama is a mindless drone.  Acting as though there is some imminent threat of attack on one of our allies is equally mindless.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2011, 03:25:54 AM »
Funny - when is the last time osama made a statement on libya?   Last I heard from his stupid ass was "days not weeks". 

Ha ha ha ha ha.  What a shit show.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2011, 05:31:44 AM »
That Harvard education is really coming handy now.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2011, 05:59:21 AM »
Why Obama’s Mistakes in Syria Are Even More Damaging Than in Libya
Frontpagemagazine ^ | April 18 2011 | Moshe Phillips

There can be little doubt that the administration has made serious mistakes in Syria in regard to the protests there and Assad’s hyper violent response from day one. America’s newly appointed ambassador to Damascus arrived just weeks before the protests there erupted costing the Obama Administration much credibility and leverage.

When the Foreign Policy (FP) magazine website ran an April 14 above the fold link that read “Stop Whining About Syria and Do Something” (to the story http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2011/04/14/twisting_assads_arm) it revealed that some serious mistakes have been made by the White House.

In Libya the president’s hesitation to encourage the protesters or to pledge support to the armed rebels gave Gaddafi the opportunity to gain the upper hand in the conflict. The effect of this cannot be debated: civilians were killed by the Libyan army and the effect of the U.S. led air strikes was less in the end than it would have been had it come when Sarah Palin and others first called for it.

The Obama administration’s decision to wait until the Arab League and the U.N. gave the green light to begin air strikes against the Gaddafi regime will hurt the U.S. if any decision is made to intervene in Syria.

Obama’s outreach to Syria complicates this as well. A prime example of this was the appointment of Ambassador Robert Ford. Jim Zanotti’s “Hamas: Background and Issues for Congress” 67 page report issued by the Congressional Research Service on December 2, 2010 can be found be found on the U.S. State Department website. The report also stated “(t)he movement’s political leadership is currently headquartered in exile in Damascus, Syria.”

On December 29, just four weeks after the publication of the Congressional Research Service report, President Obama appointed Robert Ford to be the first U.S. ambassador to Syria since February 2005.

The Christian Science Monitor described the background to the appointment this way:

In June 2009, Obama announced that he was sending a new US ambassador to Damascus, but it was not until seven months later that he named Ford, a career diplomat, as the new head of mission. Even then, Ford’s departure was delayed because the Senate refused to confirm his appointment due to its opposition to returning an ambassador to Syria. Obama took advantage of the Senate recess last month to sign off on several diplomatic appointments, including Ford, allowing the new ambassador to take up his position.

The Senate had good reason to block the appointment. American mistakes in Syria can lead to disaster. Syria is much more strategically important to U.S. interests than Libya. Much more:

•Syria borders Lebanon, Turkey, Iraq and Israel. It is hard to imagine a more vitally positioned nation on the planet. •Syria’s national policy for decades has been to undermine the Lebanese government and exert control over Beirut. •Syria’s population is approximately 22.5 million compared to Libya’s less than 6.5 million. •Syria has substantial minorities of Kurds and Armenians that are in danger. •Syria has alliances strong with Iran and other rogue states. •Emergency martial law has basically been in effect since 1963 and an emergency law bans demonstrations. •The Syrian army has been used to slaughter thousands of civilians in the past. Scattered demonstrations began in Syria as early as on January 26, 2011 and the first “Days of Rage” protests began in Damascus on February 4 and February 5.

On March 18 hundreds of protesters were injured and at least four were killed.

These mid-March protests have been described as “unprecedented” and the demonstrations are the most serious since 1982 when tens of thousands of civilians were slaughtered in the city of Hama.

And March looked calm compared to April. There were over fifty fatalities among civilians and soldiers on April 10 alone. On April 8 reports are that close to 40 civilians were killed.

The Obama administration must not continue to let the opportunity to encourage regime change in Damascus slip through its fingers. Much of the Middle East’s future stability hinges on the streets of Syrian cities and towns. Let’s hope that Team Obama sees that before it is too late.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article printed from NewsReal Blog: http://www.newsrealblog.com

URL to article: http://www.newsrealblog.com/2011/04/18/why-obamas-mistakes-in-syria-are-even-more-damaging-than-in-libya

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2011, 07:57:27 AM »
it's a "get involved with the affairs of other nations thing".

Bush loved doing it.  Obama loves doing it.  Clinton did it.

It's always countries that export terrorism produce/transport gas or oil, for some reason ;)

Corrected!

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2011, 08:47:57 AM »

You don't?  Clueless tard.  Why don't you check when Reagan hit Libya.  Hint:  The French wouldn't help us and the Italians actually warned them.  BTW, Turkey's a part of NATO now - if you only had a fucking clue as to how much they impede us.

To say that we have to support our allies every time they want to intervene is nonsense and merely suggests that Obama is a mindless drone.  Acting as though there is some imminent threat of attack on one of our allies is equally mindless.

no one said support them every time....but just because you are powerful doesn't mean that you should do whatever you want...I would like to go to the bar every night, bang any chick I want and gamble...but my wife puts a restraint on that for the betterment of our family...and thats a good thing..sometimes for the betterment of the world the United states must show some restraint..and sometimes we have to go along with the Turkeys of the world whether we like it or not

thats the real world..sorry it doesn't fit in with the fantasies in your mind

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2011, 08:48:49 AM »
That Harvard education is really coming handy now.

lets see your education credentials..smart guy..whats your degree in?..Getbigtology???

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2011, 08:53:06 AM »
lets see your education credentials..smart guy..whats your degree in?..Getbigtology???

I have more verifiable credentials than bama does.   

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2011, 08:56:52 AM »
I have more verifiable credentials than bama does.   

that might be so...but you may not want stuff such as your law school grades and other stuff out there

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2011, 08:58:32 AM »
that might be so...but you may not want stuff such as your law school grades and other stuff out there

I already offered you a wager on that. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2011, 07:10:04 PM »
no one said support them every time....but just because you are powerful doesn't mean that you should do whatever you want...I would like to go to the bar every night, bang any chick I want and gamble...but my wife puts a restraint on that for the betterment of our family...and thats a good thing..sometimes for the betterment of the world the United states must show some restraint..and sometimes we have to go along with the Turkeys of the world whether we like it or not

thats the real world..sorry it doesn't fit in with the fantasies in your mind

Wow, what a great 3rd grade argument.

An entire paragraph and the only thing you said is Obama had to make choice.

Well, no kidding dipshit.

The issue at hand is your claim that we have to side with NATO, when the reality is we don't.  You can demonstrate little if any diplomatic or strategic gain and it took the Arabs all but a day or so to turn against us.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2011, 07:15:47 PM »

Wow, what a great 3rd grade argument.

An entire paragraph and the only thing you said is Obama had to make choice.

Well, no kidding dipshit.

The issue at hand is your claim that we have to side with NATO, when the reality is we don't.  You can demonstrate little if any diplomatic or strategic gain and it took the Arabs all but a day or so to turn against us.

NATO Or North Atlantic Treaty Organization, its whole charter is about member counties coming to the aid if a memeber country is attacked. Who in NATO did Libya attack?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2011, 08:20:35 PM »
NATO Or North Atlantic Treaty Organization, its whole charter is about member counties coming to the aid if a memeber country is attacked. Who in NATO did Libya attack?

If you were keeping up with the times you would know that NATO ha changed its mission posture since getting involved in Bosnia..or did you forget about that???

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2011, 08:31:15 PM »
If you were keeping up with the times you would know that NATO ha changed its mission posture since getting involved in Bosnia..or did you forget about that???

I don't give a shit, NATO is not an offensive treaty it is designed to be a deterrent, simply because Europe lacks the stones and apparently the PGM's doesn't mean the US should be involved. Typically you didn't give a damn about the poor Libyans for the last 40 years now all of the sudden we should get rid of Gadhafi.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2011, 08:33:00 PM »
Funny - when is the last time osama made a statement on libya?   Last I heard from his stupid ass was "days not weeks". 

Ha ha ha ha ha.  What a shit show.

Weird - I don't see 100,000 posts from you bashing bush for the lives lost and year past after 'mission accomplished' in iraq.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2011, 02:30:03 AM »
Ten years ago jackass.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2011, 08:24:08 AM »
I don't give a shit, NATO is not an offensive treaty it is designed to be a deterrent, simply because Europe lacks the stones and apparently the PGM's doesn't mean the US should be involved. Typically you didn't give a damn about the poor Libyans for the last 40 years now all of the sudden we should get rid of Gadhafi.

I don't think that NATO gives a shit that you don't give a shit...instead of admitting that you were wrong and you missed that NATO had changed its doctrine to be an offensive force in terms of intervening in certain conflicts, you go on the offensive and and start saying you don't "give a shit"

Whether you give a shit or not...NATO is what NATO is..do they need to ask your permission before they engage in missions???

again..OWNED .....again you are caught not being objective and only wanting to believe what YOU want to believe...waiting for your next offensive in 4....3...2...1....

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2011, 08:33:38 AM »
I don't think that NATO gives a shit that you don't give a shit...instead of admitting that you were wrong and you missed that NATO had changed its doctrine to be an offensive force in terms of intervening in certain conflicts, you go on the offensive and and start saying you don't "give a shit"

Whether you give a shit or not...NATO is what NATO is..do they need to ask your permission before they engage in missions???

again..OWNED .....again you are caught not being objective and only wanting to believe what YOU want to believe...waiting for your next offensive in 4....3...2...1....

Yeah "OWNED"  ::)

Read the treaty http://www.nato.int/cps/en/natolive/official_texts_17120.htm

I don't see that it has changed since 1949, but that OK you said it changed.

The NFZ what a UN sanctioned intervention. Now that that has been established, anything further is beyond the UN sanction.

I was caught? What makes you think I care, if you think my OPINION is objective?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2011, 08:39:16 AM »
Yeah "OWNED"  ::)

Read the treaty http://www.nato.int/cps/en/natolive/official_texts_17120.htm

I don't see that it has changed since 1949, but that OK you said it changed.

The NFZ what a UN sanctioned intervention. Now that that has been established, anything further is beyond the UN sanction.

I said their doctrine has changed.....their involvement in BOSNIA changed the way that NATO operates and set a precedent for being offensive in future conflicts...They fact that they are now involved in Libya offensively further illustrates that point....OWNED AGAIN......how many time do I have to keep owning your ass on here before you get the point????????????????????

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2011, 08:41:29 AM »
I said their doctrine has changed.....their involvement in BOSNIA changed the way that NATO operates and set a precedent for being offensive in future conflicts...They fact that they are now involved in Libya offensively further illustrates that point....OWNED AGAIN......how many time do I have to keep owning your ass on here before you get the point????????????????????

You haven't proven or OWNED anyone, again refer to the NATO treaty.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2011, 08:45:10 AM »
You haven't proven or OWNED anyone, again refer to the NATO treaty.

what the treaty says in words and what NATO has done in deed is two different things...whether we like it or not NATO has decided to be an offensive force when necessary..the fact that they acted in Bosnia and now Libya proves as such....LOOK AT THE REALITY..NOT WHAT YOU WISH TO BE ON PAPER

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2011, 08:50:39 AM »
what the treaty says in words and what NATO has done in deed is two different things...whether we like it or not NATO has decided to be an offensive force when necessary..the fact that they acted in Bosnia and now Libya proves as such....LOOK AT THE REALITY..NOT WHAT YOU WISH TO BE ON PAPER

Has nothing to do with what I "wish to be on paper" it says what it says. Trying the justify this a legitimate NATO action is completely ridiculous. The action was taken under the UN banner to enforce a NFZ, that has been established. Any further action not under the UN banner, is not in the NATO treaty, plain and simple. How many times do I have to explain that until you get it????????????
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2011, 08:53:15 AM »
Has nothing to do with what I "wish to be on paper" it says what it says. Trying the justify this a legitimate NATO action is completely ridiculous. The action was taken under the UN banner to enforce a NFZ, that has been established. Any further action not under the UN banner, is not in the NATO treaty, plain and simple. How many times do I have to explain that until you get it????????????

sssigh......why do I bother???.....what I have said to you is that it does not matter really whats on paper..its what is done in the REAL WORLD that matters....and NATO has, through its recent actions, shown that it wants to be an offensive force when necessary....doesn't matter what the treaty says...

what are you going to do...sue them???

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2011, 08:55:54 AM »

sssigh......why do I bother???.....what I have said to you is that it does not matter really whats on paper..its what is done in the REAL WORLD that matters....and NATO has, through its recent actions, shown that it wants to be an offensive force when necessary....doesn't matter what the treaty says...

what are you going to do...sue them???

Doesn't matter what the treaty says? Then whats the point of having one? An offensive force when under the UN banner not under the NATO banner
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ