Author Topic: Dallas Mavericks - NBA champions  (Read 37201 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: NBA playoffs
« Reply #75 on: May 05, 2011, 10:54:59 PM »
Yet they're down 2-0 on their on home floor on the biggest stage, the playoffs. Nowitzki is owning Pau. Beach...you don't think Dallas is a deep team? The one player who has had the biggest impact is Tyson Chandler. With him, Dallas can play defense. He makes a huge difference in the game. What happened to New Orleans when he left? They went from being one of the top teams in the western conference to a team lucky to make the playoffs after they made the Okafor trade.

In my opinion, Barea, Haywood, Terry, and Peja get the job done when its their turn to produce.

I'm curious to see how the Lakers play on the road in Dallas.

Dirk isn't playing that well.  It's not like he is controlling the game.  He is not locking Pau up.  Pau has been playing like horse manure for about a month or longer. 

No, I don't think Dallas is a deep team.  They have two starters that are great players in Dirk and Kidd.  Chandler is a pretty average 5.

New Orleans tanked because Chris Paul got hurt, not because Chandler left.   

The Dallas bench is o.k.  Not better than LA's bench IMO. 

LA is probably done.  I do think they can beat Dallas twice on their floor, and LA is a much better team than Dallas, but they have absolutely stunk it up in these playoffs. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2011, 07:22:19 AM »
Dirk isn't playing that well.  It's not like he is controlling the game.  He is not locking Pau up.  Pau has been playing like horse manure for about a month or longer.  

No, I don't think Dallas is a deep team.  They have two starters that are great players in Dirk and Kidd.  Chandler is a pretty average 5.

New Orleans tanked because Chris Paul got hurt, not because Chandler left.    

The Dallas bench is o.k.  Not better than LA's bench IMO.  

LA is probably done.  I do think they can beat Dallas twice on their floor, and LA is a much better team than Dallas, but they have absolutely stunk it up in these playoffs.  

I respectfully disagree. Chandler is definitely making an impact on the Mavericks. And Pau is not holding his own defending Dirk. I think Pau is trully flustered trying to guard him.

We'll see what happens on Saturday. If the Lakers fall into a 3-0 hole, your argument won't have a leg to stand on, I'm afraid. Plus, no Artest for game 3.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: May 06, 2011, 11:11:27 AM »
I respectfully disagree. Chandler is definitely making an impact on the Mavericks. And Pau is not holding his own defending Dirk. I think Pau is trully flustered trying to guard him.

We'll see what happens on Saturday. If the Lakers fall into a 3-0 hole, your argument won't have a leg to stand on, I'm afraid. Plus, no Artest for game 3.

I agree Chandler has helped the Mavs. 

Dirk has been good in games 1 and 2, but not dominant.  In game 1 he was 11-22, 5-5 FT, for 28 points.  In game 2 he was 9 -16, 4-5 FTS, for 24 points.  Good numbers, but not something that shows he is dominating Pau or the Lakers.   

What argument are you talking about?  I said I think the Lakers are done.  They're certainly capable of winning two in a row in Dallas, and they're a better team, but I'm not convinced it will happen.  They look like crap. 

Not really concerned about Artest.  He didn't do much in games 1 or 2.  I actually think Barnes or Walton will just as well given how soft the Mavs are. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: May 06, 2011, 11:26:43 AM »
I agree Chandler has helped the Mavs.  

Dirk has been good in games 1 and 2, but not dominant.  In game 1 he was 11-22, 5-5 FT, for 28 points.  In game 2 he was 9 -16, 4-5 FTS, for 24 points.  Good numbers, but not something that shows he is dominating Pau or the Lakers.    

What argument are you talking about?  I said I think the Lakers are done.  They're certainly capable of winning two in a row in Dallas, and they're a better team, but I'm not convinced it will happen.  They look like crap.  

Not really concerned about Artest.  He didn't do much in games 1 or 2.  I actually think Barnes or Walton will just as well given how soft the Mavs are.  

They Lakers will miss Artest's defense and hustle, I think. Other than Barnes and Blake in small spurts, the Lakers don't really have any remaining dirty work players. I don't think Walton has even played one minute in this series.

I must have misread your last post. You think the lakers are done, huh? Even if they steal a game in Dallas, they're definitely not done at all. Even if they fall down 3-1 going back to LA, they still have a shot to make this a 7 game series, IMO.

Do you think we're seeing Kobe Bryant start to really slow down before our very eyes? He's only 32 years old but he's been in the league since he was 18. Is that 15 seasons? Wow.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: May 06, 2011, 12:02:28 PM »
They Lakers will miss Artest's defense and hustle, I think. Other than Barnes and Blake in small spurts, the Lakers don't really have any remaining dirty work players. I don't think Walton has even played one minute in this series.

I must have misread your last post. You think the lakers are done, huh? Even if they steal a game in Dallas, they're definitely not done at all. Even if they fall down 3-1 going back to LA, they still have a shot to make this a 7 game series, IMO.

Do you think we're seeing Kobe Bryant start to really slow down before our very eyes? He's only 32 years old but he's been in the league since he was 18. Is that 15 seasons? Wow.

Not sure they will miss Artest.  He was arguably the MVP in round 1.  Has disappeared in this series.  The Lakers don't really need him to beat Dallas.  Artest is more important against OKC to guard Durant, or Boston to guard Pierce, or Miami to guard LeBron.  Without Butler, Dallas doesn't really have a 3 that needs to be locked up on D. 

Luke is out of the rotation, but I bet he plays big minutes today. 

I do think the Lakers are probably done.   :-\  Will actually give me a lot more free time, because I'm not going to watch the rest of the playoffs (or most games anyway). 

If LA wins game 3, then we got a series, but given how they have played the last two games, I don't have much confidence in them.  They do have a very good history in Dallas though. 

I thought Kobe was slowing down this season, but he stepped it up after the All Star break and has been very good in the playoffs.  He really is a throwback.  Didn't miss a game again this season.  I will miss him when he is done playing.  (no homo) 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2011, 10:28:08 PM »
Fat Lady is singing.  This series in the refrigerator.  The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and jelllooooo's jiggling.   :'(

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #81 on: May 07, 2011, 05:51:35 AM »
What a day, had a record day at my business, then i hear this shit with the lakers..fuck it, as long as my business is good kobe can go fuck himself.

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #82 on: May 07, 2011, 06:24:17 AM »
What a day, had a record day at my business, then i hear this shit with the lakers..fuck it, as long as my business is good kobe can go fuck himself.
;D

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: May 08, 2011, 05:54:02 AM »
Fat Lady is singing.  This series in the refrigerator.  The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and jelllooooo's jiggling.   :'(

Do you think the Lakers have a shot of winning game 4 today? I just can't envision the Lakers getting swept, can you? Crazy to think that Phil Jackson's legendary coaching career could end today. He's never been swept before, either.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #84 on: May 08, 2011, 11:57:06 AM »
how about rondo coming back from a dislocated elbow that took guts unlike tiger woods pulling out of a golf, golf, really, really because he feels a case of the sniffles coming on.
F

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #85 on: May 08, 2011, 02:17:24 PM »
mavs are running l.a. out of the gym.

this is pathetic

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #86 on: May 08, 2011, 02:28:23 PM »
wow embarrassing

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #87 on: May 08, 2011, 02:36:52 PM »
andrew bynum - certified punk

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #88 on: May 08, 2011, 02:39:18 PM »
when he's not hurt

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: May 08, 2011, 02:39:38 PM »

Karma's a bitch. Don't expect Bynum to play more than 50 games next year due to injury, yet again.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #90 on: May 08, 2011, 02:47:23 PM »
the mavs deserve credit for resisting the temptation to do something stupid.

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #91 on: May 08, 2011, 03:34:16 PM »
wow a no heart performance by the lakers  ::)

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: May 08, 2011, 04:16:14 PM »
i just lost a $1000 today, i wish i donated it to japan tsunami appeal instead.

Sweep, fucking Sweep, Beach bum, come here and talk to me to make me feel better.

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #93 on: May 08, 2011, 05:13:56 PM »
i just lost a $1000 today, i wish i donated it to japan tsunami appeal instead.

Sweep, fucking Sweep, Beach bum, come here and talk to me to make me feel better.
shitty deal bro

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: May 08, 2011, 05:26:27 PM »
shitty deal bro

Im rich so its ok.

but sucks to see the lakers play so classless and get swept.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: May 08, 2011, 05:56:09 PM »
Im rich so its ok.

You better be buckets rich if you're pissing away $ like that in this kind of economy!

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #96 on: May 08, 2011, 06:15:32 PM »
Im rich so its ok.

its never ok lol

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #97 on: May 09, 2011, 10:49:47 AM »
kobe bryant now officially out of the michael jordan argument

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: May 09, 2011, 12:14:54 PM »

E

There's only one Michael Jordan. Never thought Kobe should even be in the same conversation as Jordan to begin with.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: May 10, 2011, 11:22:00 AM »

E

::)