Author Topic: Donald Trump: Reagan Was A Con Man Who Couldn’t ‘Deliver The Goods’  (Read 4197 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Donald Trump: Reagan Was A Con Man Who Couldn’t ‘Deliver The Goods’
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2014, 10:52:57 AM »
I think Charlie Crist hijacked 240's account. Both from Florida, yes?

That's a good analogy.  The Republican, turned independent, turned Democrat. 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2014, 10:54:31 AM »
hey man, half the kids here smoked pot as a youth, i never did.
most people here drank as a youth.  i had champagne when I was 21.
half the people here were fcking in middle school, I waited until I was 20 actually.
half the people here have drank and drive many times - NEVER.
And half the people here voted Clinton.  It's the past.   Do all of yall sit home and yell at your dog for shitting on your carpet 5 years ago?   lol come on
dogs dont make conscious decisions broseph.

Besides, its not about that. Its about how you were cheeleading for him, and then pretend like youre a republican or libertarian.

Itd be ome thing if you were like 'hey, i voted for him, i fell for it, i made a mistake', but every time it comes up yoi act like youve been a diehard conservative your whole life.

Repubs vote democrat sometimes, democrats vote republican sometime. Thats not a big deal to me. I find it funny tho when someone decries someone so much, claims they hate him and have never supported them, but at the time they were bragging about getting him elected.

Its more about being disengenuous with your history to try and throw down like you were a conservative...

But the reality is Rob, you float against whichever group is en vogue.

When it was bush, you were hardcore anti-republican.

Now that its Obama, you pretend to be hardcote anti democrat.

You just have to align ypurself against whoever is the 'in party' at the time.

Hell, just look at here.... when everyones hating on one issue, you go the other way... then if it goes the other way, you swing back.

Basocally, you just argue to argue, you dont have any deeply seated beliefs.

James

« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2014, 12:46:57 PM »

Itd be one thing if you were like 'hey, i voted for him, i fell for it, i made a mistake',

^^^THIS

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2014, 01:17:08 PM »
it is November 2014.  I carry a gun, I voted straight republican this week in a swing state, I want obama impeached, I hate anything resembling amnesty, I love rand and Cruz.  I detest RINOs.  Clintons disgust me.  I am a birther.  

if you want to bring up voting, statements, arguments, from years past, then you can, but you're a former clinton voter yourself, so now it'd just be a matter of "but but but you were a liberal more recently than I was, and you support XYZ tea party positions that I dont..."

It's november 2014.  It's TODAY.  I'm a fucking conservative.  I support a whole lot of conservative candidates for the 2016 race, not some weak ass RINOs.   I'll be in a swing state supporting Cruz or Paul in the 2016 primaries and in the general election.  

Coach, I think we're approaching a point where you can argue "but you USED to do this and that", but since you did too, well... ???

Now, you can bring up old shit, or some debate points, etc, trying to paint me any way you want, and be a dick, you can... OR you can shake my hand and say "welcome back aboard, brother" and we can kick some liberal/RINO ass together for 2016.   What's it gonna be, coach?  

I would love to but the majority of your posts are not just anti-conservative but they're patronizing when you try to make an argument for the repubs. If you claim to be a republican and come off as a flaming liberal (and I don't think too many here would disagree) then you might have a point. You CLEARLY support Obama. How come you just don't admit it?

James

« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2014, 02:27:58 PM »
What's even funnier is that it's finally coming out that Bush was mostly right about all the lies that the left made up about him. He's too humble to admit he's getting the last laugh but you know he's laughing his ass off.

True.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Today, real estate mogul Donald Trump proudly declares that Ronald Reagan is the President he admires most. Here’s Trump on the April 14 edition of Hannity:

TRUMP: Well, I really like and knew a little bit Ronald Reagan, and I really liked him. You know, not only his policies, smart guy and so much smarter, you know, I always sort of have to laugh to myself when people try and criticize that level of intelligence. And I loved his style. I loved what he represented. … I thought he represented something very special for this county.

But in his bestselling book, Art of the Deal, published at the conclusion of the Reagan presidency, Trump cited Reagan as an example of someone who could “con people” but couldn’t “deliver the goods.” Trump said Reagan was “so smooth” that he “won over the American people.” But at the conclusion of his presidency, “people are beginning to question whether there is anything beneath that smile,” Trump writes. Here is page 60 from Art of the Deal:

Currently, Trump is the one who is creating “excitement,” doing “wonderful promoting,” generating “all kinds of press,” and testing the theory of how long you can “con people.” After promoting “birther” conspiracy theories about President Obama, recent polls show him leading the Republican field

http://thinkprogress.org/2011/04/19/donald-trump-ronald-reagan-con-man/