Author Topic: Universities that live off their prestige but actually offer little else:  (Read 10947 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
TA, do you and your gimmicks ever get tired of getting owned?

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
Ask nicely and maybe you`ll get him to play doctor.

Not everyone likes the same games you do, gollum.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
TA, do you and your gimmicks ever get tired of getting owned?
I don`t recall ever ending up on that side of the blade so how could I possibly grow weary of a scenario that has never taken place.

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
I don`t recall ever ending up on that side of the blade so how could I possibly grow weary of a scenario that has never taken place.

Overcompensation for looking like a walking abortion ==> your stilted writing style?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Overcompensation for looking like a walking abortion ==> your stilted writing style?
How do you explain away your stunted growth and lisp to co-workers? 

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
How do you explain away your stunted growth and lisp to co-workers? 

Dear gollum, if I were to find myself suddenly malformed, you would be the first person I'd contact for tips on how to cope.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Dear gollum, if I were to find myself suddenly malformed, you would be the first person I'd contact for tips on how to cope.
Gayer than ordering jockstraps for an entire little league baseball team.

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
The University system is a hustle, it's a business.

The degree is usually NOT worth what you invest into it.

100% Spot on.

They just ran an article in Chicago Tribune a day or 2 ago how all these MBA and master's grads are working as bartenders, waitresses...etc. Because they can't find jobs. A degree is useless if you do not go practice it.

Who the fuck needs humanities and history classes as a pre-med student or engineering? It's fucking pointless to spend a few grand on a class where you learn about history when you want to be anything other than a fucking librarian or history buff.

I HAD to take fucking pointless classes as a biology major...few I can recall. Intro to Religion, Bible as Lit, World History, ...etc. Those fucking classes should be offered in high school...NOT college where you have to pay money for them.

Few of my buddies are Finance, Accounting, Bio majors.
NONE of them work at a job where their major comes in handy.

I'm not saying college is bad, but people do not really see it as what it really is. A for profit business just like any other.

Alex23

Why are you a mid 30s perpetual student?  Haven`t you grown tired of it yet?  I mean you could easily just wait for Chomsky`s books or Pinker`s books to come out and study them and re-study them.  Wouldn`t that be more effective as far as learning goes, not to mention cost?

LOL Adonisowned....

I did my master's in CS at Stanford. Did it "open doors".. you bet would I rather have spent two year in "Layola" or "Waterschmoe college" with or without a dick in my mouth.....

Absolutely not.

Naggash

• Getbig III
Gayer than ordering jockstraps for an entire little league baseball team.

Do you have a degree or job? Serious question.

Your antics are intriuging.

Or are you a full time social pariah/troll?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Good for you for going to Imperial College, regardless of what you think of the program, its a HUGE name and I hear very hard to get into.

I'm doing my PhD at a State University (UCF) now and finding the engineering program there just as good, if not BETTER, than the one at the bigger name private university where I did my undergrad and Masters (George Washington University).

Makes you wonder!

Yeah, I suppose I might think it was worth it if the prestige pays off because that's about the only thing this place offers. I have never experienced such horrible, nonexistent teaching in my life before. :-\
I hate the State.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
makes no sense to go to college for 10 years with debt, even 5 youll go into debt. just make a modest income live within means

if i lived life all over again id just pay some cheap rent for a shitty apartment by the beach, id have no car only a bicycle and just mow lawns and paint
This sounds good and fine ass hoes around daily.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
ROFLMAO at work, work, work, work mentality.

When will you ever find time to live?  When you are dead?

some of us have to pay for our own food and room and board, and not mooch off our parents.
Deep Tissue Massage

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
rutgers university paying 32,000 for snookie to speak to their student body! and with the few who protested that ( which is scary that the majority that it was okay and cool?!) they now think to make the school look better in their eyes trying to hire bruce springsteen to speak! lol! love the boss, but what is he going to say " born in the u.s.a., go u.s.a. and um, what else?)

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
Do you have a degree or job? Serious question.

Your antics are intriuging.

Or are you a full time social pariah/troll?

Come on!  It's fairly obvious this guy isn't very bright.  He doesn't have a degree nor does he have an established career.  I'm 100% on that  ;)

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
The teachers at Colombia aren't as cool as the teachers at Yale... imho ::) ::)
L

225for70

• Getbig IV
Yeah, I suppose I might think it was worth it if the prestige pays off because that's about the only thing this place offers. I have never experienced such horrible, nonexistent teaching in my life before. :-\

You can always transfer to another school..I did this after my first semester in business school..I met with the dean at the new school, and after a half hour meeting, he waived a bunch of courses for me.  I did not lose a single credit, etc by transferring.

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V

But they're definitely cooler than the teachers at Peru, right?

225for70

• Getbig IV

The teachers at Yale aren't bad at all. Many teachers from Yale also teach at near by many state and private universities in New haven.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
MBA at 28 here...

that's why you can "snort coke off hookers tits now"

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
ROFLMAO at work, work, work, work mentality.

When will you ever find time to live?  When you are dead?
men work you bitch made m*th@fuck@. stop bleeding the system, you ungrateful fuck.
A

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
This ^^^

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
men work you bitch made m*th@fuck@. stop bleeding the system, you ungrateful fuck.

Somehow TA seems to have this sense of entitlement and really doesn't know the meaning of "work" or knowing what it's like to work for something or take care of a family. Seems he's had everything handed to him or maybe inherited something.....but work is definitely not in his vocabulary.