Author Topic: Abs and legs 2x per week, what do you think of this routine?  (Read 3308 times)

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
Abs and legs 2x per week, what do you think of this routine?
« on: April 11, 2011, 04:22:54 AM »
 Lately i've been hitting abs and legs 2x per week.

I do it like this. I usually do each workout every other day. Sometimes I lift 2 days in a orw. So it's usually about a 7 day workout cycle.

Day 1. Push movements
 Day 2 Legs and abs
 Day 3 Pull movements
 Day 4 Legs and abs

What do you think of this routine? My goal is to look like the white Bruce lee.

I feel like it's awesome for my legs and midsection. I feel like it keeps my central nervous system pumping more too. Hitting legs makes you feel an endorphin high like nothing else.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
Re: Abs and legs 2x per week, what do you think of this routine?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 05:08:10 AM »
Bruce lee did a full body workout. If you train without Martial Arts training i would Balance it out with an Upper/lower 4x a week routine. I did this for a while and my strength went up fast...but at the time i was not doing Martial Arts Training too. With Martial Arts Training i switched to training each muscle group 1x a week.. 2x training legs hard was way too much!

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 06:33:22 PM »
Bruce lee did a full body workout. If you train without Martial Arts training i would Balance it out with an Upper/lower 4x a week routine. I did this for a while and my strength went up fast...but at the time i was not doing Martial Arts Training too. With Martial Arts Training i switched to training each muscle group 1x a week.. 2x training legs hard was way too much!

Yeah sometimes I like to switch over to that type of routine for a week or two just to surprise my muscles.

Training legs 2x per week is brutal sometimes. Sometimes I do it no problem. Other other times I gotta skip that second leg routine and i'll just cycle in an upper body workout earlier.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 09:13:48 AM »
I remember i did a hard chest workout and then the next day i did Karate(Wado-Ryu) we did press ups..i was fucked. If you do Martial Arts you gotta be careful....i know and i made that mistake.

asbrus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 12:38:36 PM »
Yeah sometimes I like to switch over to that type of routine for a week or two just to surprise my muscles.

Training legs 2x per week is brutal sometimes. Sometimes I do it no problem. Other other times I gotta skip that second leg routine and i'll just cycle in an upper body workout earlier.

IF Y0U'RE TRAINING LEGS TWICE A WEEK, I W0ULDN'T W0RK THEM THE 2ND TIME AFTER 48 H0URS. I W0ULD WAIT 2-3 DAYS BEF0RE HITTING THEM AGAIN. IT'S STILL TWICE A WEEK BUT Y0U GET A LITTLE M0RE REST THAT WAY. 72-96 H0URS AS 0PP0SED T0 48 H0URS.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 02:16:14 AM »
If you can do legs twice a week,you didn`t train them hard enough the first time.

asbrus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 05:04:32 PM »
If you can do legs twice a week,you didn`t train them hard enough the first time.

N0T TRUE. NATURALS NEED M0RE FREQUENCY IN MUSCLE STIMULATI0N.

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 01:07:22 AM »
Training frequency has nothing to do with being natural or assisted, it all depends on your recovery. And since when on gear your recovery is better you post above is double wrong.

asbrus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 02:25:53 AM »
Training frequency has nothing to do with being natural or assisted, it all depends on your recovery. And since when on gear your recovery is better you post above is double wrong.

N0PE Y0UR P0ST IS WR0NG. TRAINING FREQUENCY HAS EVERYTHING T0 D0 WHEN NATURAL 0R 0N GEAR. THIS IS WHY PE0PLE 0N STER0IDS W0RK EACH MUSCLE GR0UP 0NCE A WEEK AND STILL MAKE GREAT GAINS. WHEN 0N STER0IDS PR0TEIN SYTHESIS LEVELS ARE ALWAYS ELEVATED.  S0 Y0U CAN TRAIN CHEST 0NCE EVERY 7 DAYS AND STILL MAKE  GAINS. YES, Y0U CAN ALS0 TRAIN M0RE FREQUENTLY 0N STER0IDS. IT D0SEN'T CHANGE THE FACT THAT  AS A NATURAL, IT W0ULD BE C0UNTER PR0DUCTIVE. WHEN A NATURAL HITS A MUSCLE GR0UP, PR0TEIN SYNTHESIS LEVELS PEAK AT 48-72 H0URS AND THEN RETURN T0 BASELINE. IT'S PUBLISHED IN EVERY SINGLE PEER REVIEWED J0URNAL. Y0U'RE THE 0NE WITH BR0 SCIENCE HERE.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2011, 08:33:45 AM »
N0PE Y0UR P0ST IS WR0NG. TRAINING FREQUENCY HAS EVERYTHING T0 D0 WHEN NATURAL 0R 0N GEAR. THIS IS WHY PE0PLE 0N STER0IDS W0RK EACH MUSCLE GR0UP 0NCE A WEEK AND STILL MAKE GREAT GAINS. WHEN 0N STER0IDS PR0TEIN SYTHESIS LEVELS ARE ALWAYS ELEVATED.  S0 Y0U CAN TRAIN CHEST 0NCE EVERY 7 DAYS AND STILL MAKE  GAINS. YES, Y0U CAN ALS0 TRAIN M0RE FREQUENTLY 0N STER0IDS. IT D0SEN'T CHANGE THE FACT THAT  AS A NATURAL, IT W0ULD BE C0UNTER PR0DUCTIVE. WHEN A NATURAL HITS A MUSCLE GR0UP, PR0TEIN SYNTHESIS LEVELS PEAK AT 48-72 H0URS AND THEN RETURN T0 BASELINE. IT'S PUBLISHED IN EVERY SINGLE PEER REVIEWED J0URNAL. Y0U'RE THE 0NE WITH BR0 SCIENCE HERE.

Good post man.

Painlayer69

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 12:16:56 PM »

* HIGH FIVE *

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, 11:49:05 PM »
If you split your legs to quad training and hamstrings...upper and lower abs respectively, throw some calf work in there. It should be ok.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2011, 01:26:58 AM »
If you split your legs to quad training and hamstrings...upper and lower abs respectively, throw some calf work in there. It should be ok.

Je suis désolé mon ami, mais.... we are talking about natural trainers here, and natural fellas are just too damn weak to worry about overtraining a muscle group, if they train it twice weekly. Now chemically enhanced fellas who are quite strong shouldn't be training muscle groups twice weekly, coz they put much more stress on their muscles because of their greater strength and the heavier training loads that they use.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2011, 05:24:42 AM »
Holy shit, just saw the OP. Its that    jackass. omg how did i offer this POS advice.   :D::)

Dreadlifter

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2011, 04:17:49 AM »
Legs twice a week is a no-no for me personally unless the intensity gets dropped a fair bit. Depends on the individual though. I know i can train quads twice a week fairly hard, but only every 4 or 5 days if i'm going hard on the hammies.