Author Topic: Extreme Rules PPV results....  (Read 3544 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Extreme Rules PPV results....
« on: May 03, 2011, 10:43:02 AM »
Layla defeated Michelle McCool in the loser leaves WWE match.

After the match, Kharma aka Awesome Kong came to the ring and demolished McCool while laughing sadistically.

Michael Cole and Jack Swaggar defeated Jim Ross & Jerry Lawler

Cole stole the win by pinning J.R. ... the barnburner of a match that that was  ::)

Randy Orton defeated C.M.Punk in a last man standing match.

Orton landed an RKO off the top rope knocking out Punk for the win.

Kofi Kingston defeated Sheamus for the United States title.

Ray Mysterio defeated Cody Rhodes in a falls count anywhere match.

Christian defeated Alberto Del Rio for the Heavyweight title in a ladder match.

No surprise here...why would they make Del Rio win and then have two major titles on the same brand.

Big Show & Kane defeated Ezekiel Jackson & Wade Barrett to retain the tag titles.

John Cena defeated the Miz & John Morrison to win the WWE title....

No one saw that coming.... ::)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Extreme Rules PPV results....
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 11:19:39 AM »
I sense SARCASM.

;D

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 12:00:46 PM »
I sense SARCASM.

;D
You have sensed correctly ... not that i'm correcting you Monty. We all know i'm not a "corrector".  ;D

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 12:04:49 PM »
You have sensed correctly ... not that i'm correcting you Monty. We all know i'm not a "corrector".  ;D

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 01:15:37 PM »
So Cole is the only heel that won?
And as if people aren't sick of this Cole angle already. They need to kill it quick.

Yes, Cole is the only heel that won.

Evo

• Getbig IV
  • you racku disapwin!
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 03:50:13 PM »
And as if people aren't sick of this Cole angle already. They need to kill it quick.

Yes, Cole is the only heel that won.

It's terrible, should have been dropped ages ago...ok, Cole gets some great heat from the fans and is amusing sometimes but....

I dont want to see Jerry Lawler in the ring let alone Cole or old JR!  And it's the only thing that seems to be kind of working for Jack Swagger so I can see it continuing...

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 04:59:14 PM »
I was happy for Christian, not sure if he'd ever have got it without Edge retiring though...   :-\

Someone needs to shoot Cole.  Fast.  He's got no ability to think on his feet, let alone get in a ring.  How many times have we seen him screaming 'How does it feel Jerry', or 'Show him Swagger' seventeen times in a row cos he's unable to think of anything else on the spur of them moment.  Annoys the hell out of me that this one's still going.

I was a bit surprised to see Cena win, I think Miz is better with the belt, but we'll see how that goes.  I suppose Cena's win was a 'Thank You' from Vince for getting out of the title frame for a bit and giving Nexus that push.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 04:51:59 AM »
Miz got pushed so hard with all of those talk shows. He's been doing a terrific job and the fans are really responding to him. He changed the belt. He's fits the role perfect as the Heel Champ. Seemed like he was gonna have a long title run? Boom! The Champ is back! Cena is the Federation.

IMO they should have kept the title on the Miz a little longer. They could have stratched it out until Summerslam. He did an amazing job and has greatly improved. He made John Cena look amazing on Raw this past Monday night.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011, 05:10:41 AM »
Do you think Cena is one of those guys who "needs" the belt?

Throughout the years, some guys - both heels AND faces - managed to keep the value of their characters independently; I'm thinking of guys like Savage, Taker, Hunter, Piper, etc.
Other guys, like Hogan, needed the belt or needed to be pursuing the belt because the "greatness" of their character was so dependent on being the champion.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2011, 05:43:48 AM »
Do you think Cena is one of those guys who "needs" the belt?

Throughout the years, some guys - both heels AND faces - managed to keep the value of their characters independently; I'm thinking of guys like Savage, Taker, Hunter, Piper, etc.
Other guys, like Hogan, needed the belt or needed to be pursuing the belt because the "greatness" of their character was so dependent on being the champion.

Personally, I think they should keep the belts longer on people. They make title changes happen too fast and too often. As you stated before, its just a silly prop now. No meaning whatsoever. But as far as Cena goes, he doesn't need a title. Its natural that he has it because he is their biggest star (and I say that loosely) at this time.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 06:42:28 AM »
Cena is WWE’s top face right now, so I can understand why the old man wants to keep the spotlight on him the way he is.
The problem is, it DOES get old.

Rock probably won't stick around long enough to work a title program, so putting Cena with him is a good move, as it will allow the Fed to keep John's value up while giving someone else the belt for a while.

They can really use the Cena/Rock feud to develop someone new while those two are busy with each other.
Otherwise, it’s almost becoming a paradigm: if Cena doesn’t have the belt, then he’s usually or soon fighting to get the belt back.
They need to move away from that formula.

Keep Cena away from the title picture for at least several months.
With all his focus on Rock, he DOESN’T NEED ANY TITLE.
I’d love to see them do an old-fashioned buildup for this match - the way they did years ago.
Spend several months on it, and actually make it mean something.

Then, when Cena does return to the title picture, at least maybe it will be a little fresher.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, 07:10:22 AM »
Cena is WWE’s top face right now, so I can understand why the old man wants to keep the spotlight on him the way he is.
The problem is, it DOES get old.

Rock probably won't stick around long enough to work a title program, so putting Cena with him is a good move, as it will allow the Fed to keep John's value up while giving someone else the belt for a while.

They can really use the Cena/Rock feud to develop someone new while those two are busy with each other.
Otherwise, it’s almost becoming a paradigm: if Cena doesn’t have the belt, then he’s usually or soon fighting to get the belt back.
They need to move away from that formula.

Keep Cena away from the title picture for at least several months.
With all his focus on Rock, he DOESN’T NEED ANY TITLE.
I’d love to see them do an old-fashioned buildup for this match - the way they did years ago.
Spend several months on it, and actually make it mean something.

Then, when Cena does return to the title picture, at least maybe it will be a little fresher.
I liked Cena better when he was rapping and was the "Chain Gang General". He was wearing pumps in the ring, cutting awesome promos and doing really neat and new stuff that was fresh. Once the product went PG it got stale. He can't do or say the things he wants. Mind you, Rock still does and doesn't care. I too would like to see an old fashioned build up. But the problem is, does this mean Cena will keep the title until next years WM and defent it against the Rock? If so, stupid move by Vince as its too easy to predict. they won't make Rock win as Rock is not with WWE fulltime. They ned to keep it interesting and not so predictable. Had I taken bets on the outcomes of the last couple of WM's, I would have made millions. 

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2011, 07:47:51 AM »
I liked Cena better when he was rapping and was the "Chain Gang General". He was wearing pumps in the ring, cutting awesome promos and doing really neat and new stuff that was fresh. Once the product went PG it got stale. He can't do or say the things he wants. Mind you, Rock still does and doesn't care. I too would like to see an old fashioned build up. But the problem is, does this mean Cena will keep the title until next years WM and defent it against the Rock? If so, stupid move by Vince as its too easy to predict. they won't make Rock win as Rock is not with WWE fulltime. They ned to keep it interesting and not so predictable. Had I taken bets on the outcomes of the last couple of WM's, I would have made millions. 

I don't think they'll keep it on Cena for the program.
I doubt even the old man would have a part-timer come in and defeat his champion for a one-night only thing; that's so WCW-ish.
I also doubt Rock will lose because I can't see him agreeing to that, and it wouldn't make sense.
I really believe Vince is planning to use Rock to transition into the bigger plans he has for the company.

That said, I still can't see Vince putting the title on Rock when he's not going to stick around for long.
As much as the titles don't mean what they used to, I still can't see Vince using the big belt in that capacity.
Maybe I should qualify that by saying they won't put AND KEEP the belt on Rock; knowing Vince and his writers, they may put the strap on Rock for that night it if it means a curveball for the fans.

IMHO, they should use the angle as an opportunity to free up the belt and try to get some other guys/angles over.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2011, 09:01:28 AM »
Personally, I think they should keep the belts longer on people. They make title changes happen too fast and too often. As you stated before, its just a silly prop now. No meaning whatsoever. But as far as Cena goes, he doesn't need a title. Its natural that he has it because he is their biggest star (and I say that loosely) at this time.

I agree with longer title reigns. And they did that with Cena (his 3rd reign was over a year long, Sept 2006 to Oct 2007), which is why some folks don't care for him that much.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2011, 12:42:49 PM »
I may just have to come out of the shadows and challenge Cena for the title.  ;D

I'd win too.  8)