Author Topic: Gary Johnson: if you like Ron Paul, vote for this man, I will!  (Read 3683 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Gary Johnson: if you like Ron Paul, vote for this man, I will!
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2011, 05:30:42 PM »
Meh, not so sure about this guy.

Now that's absurd.  Not sure if he was saying child labor laws are unconstitutional, but he basically tried to argue that we don't need them.  Sounds like something you'd hear a libertarian argue.   

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2011, 05:38:04 PM »
lol.  Unable to articulate whatever the heck your point is?  How rare.  lol . . . .

The point is, you keep painting certain people with the isolationist brush when they arent isolationists, they are non interventionalists and I even put up the defintion of the two to help you figure out the difference but you still don't seem to get it, or do you?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2011, 05:46:36 PM »
The point is, you keep painting certain people with the isolationist brush when they arent isolationists, they are non interventionalists and I even put up the defintion of the two to help you figure out the difference but you still don't seem to get it, or do you?

O Rly?  Who are the people I keep painting as isolationists? 

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2011, 05:50:26 PM »
O Rly?  Who are the people I keep painting as isolationists? 

You called RP an isolationist many times. I don't know too much about this Johnson guy but if Decide is likes him I'd imagine his foriegn policy is the same as RP's too so ......

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2011, 05:56:00 PM »
Schiff likes gary too. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2011, 06:02:06 PM »
You called RP an isolationist many times. I don't know too much about this Johnson guy but if Decide is likes him I'd imagine his foriegn policy is the same as RP's too so ......

Yes.  True.  Ron Paul's approach is to basically sit in a cocoon and leave the rest of the world alone.  That is isolationism.  

The claim that he is a "non-interventionist" is nonsense.  He's not just about staying out of other countries' affairs (which is a good thing).  He doesn't believe we should have gone into Afghanistan to attack the people responsible for 9/11.  That's way beyond just staying out of other people's business. That was our business.  There are times when we should step in and help other countries.  Kuwait was a no-brainer.  We should have stopped the genocide in Rwanda.   I haven't checked, but Ron Paul probably opposed Gulf War I.    

I like Ron Paul, but foreign/military policy is not is strong suit.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2011, 06:43:55 PM »
Yes.  True.  Ron Paul's approach is to basically sit in a cocoon and leave the rest of the world alone.  That is isolationism.  

The claim that he is a "non-interventionist" is nonsense.  He's not just about staying out of other countries' affairs (which is a good thing).  He doesn't believe we should have gone into Afghanistan to attack the people responsible for 9/11.  That's way beyond just staying out of other people's business. That was our business.  There are times when we should step in and help other countries.  Kuwait was a no-brainer.  We should have stopped the genocide in Rwanda.   I haven't checked, but Ron Paul probably opposed Gulf War I.    

I like Ron Paul, but foreign/military policy is not is strong suit.

Actually RP did vote for the authority to go into Afghanistan but certainly not to be there 10 years+...surely even you don't think we should still be there by now, do you?

I hate the State.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2011, 06:57:22 PM »
Actually RP did vote for the authority to go into Afghanistan but certainly not to be there 10 years+...surely even you don't think we should still be there by now, do you?

He did?  Link?  In this clip he calls the war illegal, unconstitutional, and immoral. 

And yes, although I have questions about how the war is being conducted, I do think we need a presence there and in other places in the Middle East. 

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2011, 07:03:41 PM »
He did?  Link?  In this clip he calls the war illegal, unconstitutional, and immoral. 

And yes, although I have questions about how the war is being conducted, I do think we need a presence there and in other places in the Middle East. 

Yes, the war, but he did vote for authority to pursue the people responsible for 9/11 but NOT to occupy the country for ten years. Big difference.

So basically he voted for authority to directly apprehend the people responsible but not the current mess we have going on there.

I find it amazing you are willing spend your tax dollars on this joke of a war in Afghanistan...10 years and ongoing, no notion of progress, no goal, no nothing....just incredible.
I hate the State.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2011, 07:17:23 PM »
Yes, the war, but he did vote for authority to pursue the people responsible for 9/11 but NOT to occupy the country for ten years. Big difference.

So basically he voted for authority to directly apprehend the people responsible but not the current mess we have going on there.

I find it amazing you are willing spend your tax dollars on this joke of a war in Afghanistan...10 years and ongoing, no notion of progress, no goal, no nothing....just incredible.

You have a link to his vote?  I'd like to know exactly what he voted for.

I had bigger concerns about Afghanistan before I actually started reading and studying what the war and Al Qaeda are all about. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2011, 07:54:13 PM »
You have a link to his vote?  I'd like to know exactly what he voted for.

I had bigger concerns about Afghanistan before I actually started reading and studying what the war and Al Qaeda are all about. 

There's no big difference as is being alledged.  RP voted for the same thing that everyone else did.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/vote.xpd?vote=h2001-342

It was enrolled as S.J. Res. 23 which became law.

What RP had attempted to do was make the acts of the terrorists a form of air piracy and then let the Prez issue Letters of Marque.  Those attempts failed.

To me anyway, in the end, it just comes off as buyers remorse.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2011, 08:27:32 PM »

Ok....... ::) that's not what he says at all.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2011, 08:50:56 PM »

There's no big difference as is being alledged.  RP voted for the same thing that everyone else did.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/vote.xpd?vote=h2001-342

It was enrolled as S.J. Res. 23 which became law.

What RP had attempted to do was make the acts of the terrorists a form of air piracy and then let the Prez issue Letters of Marque.  Those attempts failed.

To me anyway, in the end, it just comes off as buyers remorse.

Thanks.  You're exactly right:  he voted for war and now has buyer's remorse. 

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2011, 05:39:30 PM »
Thanks.  You're exactly right:  he voted for war and now has buyer's remorse. 

lol

oh brother.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V