Author Topic: Christians are so awesome, they can raise the dead!!!! And it's easy!!!  (Read 3176 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
you gotta listen to this whole story lol....

And More stories of Christians raising the dead lol

13th reserection of the dead lol

and there's more!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Christians are so awesome, they can raise the dead!!!! And it's easy!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 04:40:41 PM »
I need to get some answers from Christians here.  

Is it possible for people to be raised from the dead just by faith in Jesus and raising the dead in his name?  Is that really possible?  Do you think that happens?

Is it  possible for a person to spontaneously regrow lost limbs in the name of Jesus?

Today I saw another Christian testimony on Al Gore's Current TV of a baby being raised from the dead via Jesus. 

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • NO SUCH AGENCY
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 08:50:03 PM »
 ::)

Is being unemployed so unbearable that you spend all of your free time digging up this moose drivel on youtube instead of looking for a job?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 09:28:10 PM »
::)

Is being unemployed so unbearable that you spend all of your free time digging up this moose drivel on youtube instead of looking for a job?
really, that's your answer?  Why the attack on me instead of answering the questions?

So these christians are according to you, "moose drivel?"

Some of these christians have very very large followings in America and you think it's a stupid question I ask?

why the attack dude, I have not been going after you, but I sure can if you want.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 09:38:26 PM »
I love how Christians always quote the exact line of the Bible, like it's been proven to be scientifically correct, line by line.

Sometimes they quote the Bible to support the existence of their religion itself, as in - Why don't you believe in God? It says right here in Genesis that there is a God.

Some people just can't think for themselves and will take anything, no matter how ridiculous, for a blueprint. It's like someone giving you a made up map and then you trying to find the land it's meant for.

Pretty pathetic.
G

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 09:54:51 PM »
I love how Christians always quote the exact line of the Bible, like it's been proven to be scientifically correct, line by line.

Sometimes they quote the Bible to support the existence of their religion itself, as in - Why don't you believe in God? It says right here in Genesis that there is a God.
Some people just can't think for themselves and will take anything, no matter how ridiculous, for a blueprint. It's like someone giving you a made up map and then you trying to find the land it's meant for.
Pretty pathetic.
I don't want to totally bash christians.  I think we should all be allowed to follow whatever belief systems we want to.  I'm addressing these issues because it looks like there is a great deal of people just taking advantage of people's vulnerabilities.

Yeh, I just watched this testimony on National TV!  You can be raised from the dead or have your limbs grow back and I've found several examples of congregations that tell their followers the same stories.  I only posted a fraction of the christian stories of raising the dead and growing new limbs, there are many more.  I'd like to hear from the christians on this board if they really believe this or are these people just taking advantage of people for personal gain?  It seems to be a pretty big and growing belief among christians and I think it's a legit thing to question.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 10:08:38 PM »
stuff like this makes christianity look like the last legal quackery left in America. 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 05:43:52 AM »
I need to get some answers from Christians here.  

Is it possible for people to be raised from the dead just by faith in Jesus and raising the dead in his name?  Is that really possible?  Do you think that happens?

Is it  possible for a person to spontaneously regrow lost limbs in the name of Jesus?

Today I saw another Christian testimony on Al Gore's Current TV of a baby being raised from the dead via Jesus.  

All Christians believe that anything is possible for God.  However, when it comes to "public" displays of miracles, signs and wonders, Christians disagree.  Here is what some of us believe, and why:

Can prayer heal a tumor, grow a new limb for an amputee, etc.?  Yes, but from what I read in the Bible, these days God performs these miracles, but not in public for good reasons.  I have witnessed some of them, not in public, but in the company of a few people.

God showed his great power to the world through Moses, to prove to his people that "I AM" is God and to show that Moses was sent by God.  Then God showed his power through Jesus, to prove to his people that Jesus is the Son of God, that Jesus too is "I AM".  But these signs and miracles were performed in public, not so that people would believe by them, but so that they will have no excuse.  People without faith will not sincerely believe even if they see a great sign or miracle.  Even if they believe at first, it won't last if they are not people of faith.  People of faith will believe even without signs and miracles.

Now, according to the Bible, the next wave of public "great signs and miracles" are going to be performed neither by God nor by God's people, but by a false prophet who will deceive even some Christians.  This is why I don't believe in "great signs and miracles" performed in public by faith healers and preachers today.  I won't be deceived when the true signs and miracles are performed in public by this future false prophet, if I live to see it.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011, 06:47:58 AM »
All Christians believe that anything is possible for God.  However, when it comes to "public" displays of miracles, signs and wonders, Christians disagree.  Here is what some of us believe, and why:

Loco, no offense but from my point of view, the post you just made basically means, "if you don't have faith, oh well, to bad for you"

I don't like the fact that so many of these christians are probably scamming and amount to nothing less than pure modern day quackery and hide behind a legal vale protecting them.

It's really something to sit in front of an audience of folks who have all sorts of problems of their own and loved ones who are near death and tell them flat out that the dead can be raised and all their ailments cured.  Giving that kind of hope when it can't be delivered is pretty fucked up.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2011, 07:04:50 AM »
Loco, no offense but from my point of view, the post you just made basically means, "if you don't have faith, oh well, to bad for you"

How so?  I neither said nor meant that at all.  It's what I believe based on the Bible, based on God's plan as described in the Bible.  Public displays of signs, wonders and miracles have their purpose, their place and time in God's plan.  Therefore, I personally agree with you that present time, public displays of signs, wonders and miracles are quackery and scams.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2011, 08:01:05 AM »
Do I believe that there are charlatans and scam artists that present themselves as "holy men of God" and screw people out of money and mess w/their minds?   Yes.

But do I believe that God could raise anyone He wants from the dead in any way He chooses?  Yes.    Do I believe this guy in the first video (only one I watched) was used by God to raise the dead in 2 people?  If he's looking for $ in regard to it, then I am going to have a hard time believing about anything he says. 

AGree w/loco on the next "wave" of public signs and wonders:

Matt 24:23-24
At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah!’ or, ‘There he is!’ do not believe it. 24 For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

Rev 13:11-17
11 Then I saw a second beast, coming out of the earth. It had two horns like a lamb, but it spoke like a dragon. 12 It exercised all the authority of the first beast on its behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed. 13 And it performed great signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to the earth in full view of the people. 14 Because of the signs it was given power to perform on behalf of the first beast, it deceived the inhabitants of the earth. It ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived. 15 The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed. 16 It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, 17 so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.
R

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2011, 12:22:06 PM »
Good point. Since I don't believe in the Bible, your quoting it makes a bunch of sense to bolster your argument.
G

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2011, 12:56:34 PM »
Good point. Since I don't believe in the Bible, your quoting it makes a bunch of sense to bolster your argument.

You do not understand the discussion.  Whether or not you believe in the Bible, Hugo requested an answer from Christians on this board about their beliefs.  Christians, Butterbean included, are simply answering that question, quoting the Bible to explain the root of their belief and why.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2011, 07:13:33 AM »

Pretty pathetic.

Someone asked for a Christian perspective.  Should said Christian quote from:  

A) Arnold's Encyclo of BB
B) an algebra textbook
C) the Chilton's guide to the Ford Taurus
D) the Bible