Author Topic: Iphone 4 is old news..What kind of Cell phones do you tweeps have?  (Read 16760 times)

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
Re: Iphone 4 is old news..What kind of Cell phones do you tweeps have?
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2011, 02:13:22 PM »
ha.

i just dropped my 8830 for a htc.

GPS - damn near 100% accuracy during state - state travel, no real need for backup plan or tom tom as with blackberry

better biz and financial apps such as open office, access to quickens products

saved 30$ on the bill w/more features

blackberry has a lot of work ahead.  i'm sure the recent blackberries are more advanced given my 8830 was a dinosaur.

all blackberry had going for it was its' instant messenger but that alone isn't going to cut it.  i think i was down to 2 contacts.  they can text mess or e-mail me.  
GPS ? Oh that thing my car has?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2011, 02:16:39 PM »
GPS ? Oh that thing my car has?
You aren't driving your car when walking, are you? For instance, i used GPS yesterday for walking to a new barbershop after i parked blocks away....

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2011, 03:50:14 PM »
You aren't driving your car when walking, are you? For instance, i used GPS yesterday for walking to a new barbershop after i parked blocks away....

MFers always trying to find an angle on getbig, parker.  I had a girlfriend with GPS in her car, and the thing gave her after the fact exit commands in the TriPlex in Dallas, so she would pull to the side and cry.  All GPS devices, esp TomTom and Gavin, arent created equal.  

Oh BW, I didn't buy the EX V6 Accord with the GPS.  They were asking for almost 5k more, and I was still undergrad when I purchased the car.

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2011, 05:06:09 PM »
Samsung Galaxy S2.
Previously stood in line like an idiot on launch days of iPhones just because of the hype but even the iPhone 4 doesn't come close to this.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2011, 06:40:49 PM »
p.s it all bullshit now, battery technology has not caught up with these !"modern" phones

Get an extended battery.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2011, 07:02:12 PM »
the g z one boulder.

damage proof. water resistant. made for the military. can keep it under water for up to 30 minutes no problems. can run over it with a small car.

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2011, 07:04:57 PM »
I've currently got a phone the general public won't see for months
U

newmom

« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2011, 07:07:04 PM »

Oh BW, I didn't buy the EX V6 Accord with the GPS.  They were asking for almost 5k more, and I was still undergrad when I purchased the car.

Yea, when I got my accord last year I didn't get the navigation either. My tom tom works just fine and cost me all of 70 bucks.

newmom

« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2011, 07:13:52 PM »
I've currently got a phone the general public won't see for months

then pull it out of your ass ;D

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2011, 07:20:22 PM »
Samsung Galaxy S2.
Previously stood in line like an idiot on launch days of iPhones just because of the hype but even the iPhone 4 doesn't come close to this.

Glad you woke up from your trance..

newmom

« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2011, 07:30:18 PM »
my touch 4g

beats my old sidekick

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2011, 10:06:02 PM »
Barbershop is 5 doors from my shop..  In Park Slope,everything is right there.. No need for gps!  Blackberry has GPS as well... Just my personal opinion bro.. I don't like touch screen phones.. That fancy stuff is not for me..

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2011, 10:16:37 PM »

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2011, 11:24:15 PM »
Thunderbolt or iPhone 4?  I want to stick with Verizon.  I've had an iPhone before and it was great, I've heard the droids are still a little unpolished, unlike the iPhone which just worked and the OS felt solid.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2011, 01:49:44 PM »
Thunderbolt or iPhone 4?  I want to stick with Verizon.  I've had an iPhone before and it was great, I've heard the droids are still a little unpolished, unlike the iPhone which just worked and the OS felt solid.
Is it more solid? Maybe.  It only has to support 2 phones. The 3gs and the 4. Android supports a lot more.

I think it comes down to how you like to use your phone. You know. The user interface.

Personally. I can see the iPhone still being preferred with its ease of use and only one button and the Steve jobs mentality of 3 touches can get you anywhere.

To me it was about just trying something new.

I may one day go back to the iPhone.... but it will be dependant on OS updates from Android and what not.

Right now the iOS gets updated regularly. I like that.

Droid will have to see how it stacks up.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2011, 02:53:18 PM »
Yea, that's the advantage Mac OS has had over PC's as well, only having a small range of hardware to deal with so they don't have to worry about compatibility issues with 1000's of different motherboards, ram, video cards etc, which is why the OS has always felt more polished and just works.

I know the Thunderbolts hardware blows away the iPhone 4, but the new iPhone will be out in September and will probably have dual procs, better screen, more ram etc.  I might just hold out a little while longer to see what other droid phones come out at that time and do a comparison.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2011, 03:02:06 PM »
Yea, that's the advantage Mac OS has had over PC's as well, only having a small range of hardware to deal with so they don't have to worry about compatibility issues with 1000's of different motherboards, ram, video cards etc, which is why the OS has always felt more polished and just works.

I know the Thunderbolts hardware blows away the iPhone 4, but the new iPhone will be out in September and will probably have dual procs, better screen, more ram etc.  I might just hold out a little while longer to see what other droid phones come out at that time and do a comparison.

Don't hold out... get the one you like right this minute.

Holding out just means that when you buy that "next" phone... when the NEXT phone comes out after it, you'll want that one.

I went with the HTC because I like "Sense"... That, plus the Activesync it has (which apparently not all Android phones support) was a big deal to me... That's why I got the Inspire... Does what I need it to do.

axestream

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2011, 03:10:54 PM »
love my iphone 4, no problems great reception, no complaints. Its amazing the strong emotions that apple can bring out in people, so many people have a tremendous hate for apple, i just dont get it. They make a great product

That's exactly why they hate it...well that and the price tag.

240_Iz_Nutz

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2011, 04:01:13 PM »
Dude I was you two years ago until I got one....now my laptop and PC collect dust unless I'm doing something really involved ....these fuckers do EVERYTHING and do it well

Perfect example.....im driving nto Phoenix for a meeting today....got my GPS going....listening to nusic via bluetooth from my phone to my cars radio, and im texting my girl.....all from this little ass.  phone sitting in the center consolel

For real. I was like that too. I have a LG Optimus running on Virgin mobile for $25 a month with unlimited data. I don't even have to pay for internet service now because I use the Superbox app to make the phone a wifi hotspot. Real cool shit out there these days.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2011, 04:03:58 PM »
Captivate is a very feminine---"girly" name...Captivate, Fascinate
plus samsung doesn't update the os. that bitch is still stuck on 2.1 factory. :-\
A

WhiteCastle

• Getbig III
  • The Wizard of Filth
« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2011, 05:40:24 PM »
I have a simple motorola razor. iphones, blackberries, blueberries,, 3g, 2g, ,4g, whatever crap are for fag.gots.

I use my phone to make phone calls and text messages only.

::)

Yeah, same here. I have a Droid X, and for comparison on Ipod touch. If the Iphone is like the Ipod I would prefer it over the Droid. But these phones are just made for girls 16-22. All of this social networking shit is like a big vanity mirror. I have apps on my phone for a shit load of things and I never use them. On top of that, I don't think there are any apps I would even want except for GPS driving directions and maybe a basic internet browser for simple things like "Where is the Autozone around here." The rest sucks.

The only people who can get by with this vs. a decent computers must not use computers for anything remotely advanced. Try coding anything on a phone except maybe really simple SQL. Checking stocks and such would be ok if the connection was always solid. Even sending an email takes four times as long to type.