Author Topic: Reviews of Lasik or PRK surgery.  (Read 2023 times)

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
Reviews of Lasik or PRK surgery.
« on: May 16, 2011, 10:22:52 AM »
Going for my assessment on Thursday. Any GetBiggers have eye surgery reviews/exeriences to share?

Bodybuilding related near-sightedness.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Reviews of Lasik or PRK surgery.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 10:24:12 AM »
Google Kathy Griffin and Lasik.

http://www.kathygriffin.net/lasik.php

Start there.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 10:32:58 AM »
Google Kathy Griffin and Lasik.

http://www.kathygriffin.net/lasik.php

Start there.

Seen that video, and many more like it. The net has a way of focusing on the negative aspects of any endeavour in case you haven't noticed.

I know several people who had good results with surgery but have the odd side-effect; dry eyes etc.

Just looking for more feedback, and not links I could obviously check myself. Thanks though.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 10:38:13 AM »
I know about half a dozen people (so not that much) who had this done, and they all wished they'd done it sooner. I'm thinking about it myself.
Than again nobody knows what the side effect will be after 40 yrs...

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 10:39:35 AM »
Went to Canada to have it done in 2000.  Best thing I ever did, no more buying glasses,contacts,chemicals etc. etc.  Talked my wife into getting it in 2001-she loves it-no problems what so ever.  Paid $500 dollars an eye.  In the U.S. they wanted $1200 per eye-what a rip off.  You are in the chair for a total of five minutes, then you are done.

STAY POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 10:40:00 AM »
I know about half a dozen people (so not that much) who had this done, and they all wished they'd done it sooner. I'm thinking about it mayself.
Than again nobody knows what the side effect will be after 40 yrs...

I've heard the same thing across the board thus far. Best decision every corrective lens wearer has ever made.

Thanks

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 10:42:36 AM »
Went to Canada to have it done in 2000.  Best thing I ever did, no more buying glasses,contacts,chemicals etc. etc.  Talked my wife into getting it in 2001-she loves it-no problems what so ever.  Paid $500 dollars an eye.  In the U.S. they wanted $1200 per eye-what a rip off.  You are in the chair for a total of five minutes, then you are done.

STAY POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, it's starts here in Canada, at 500$ per eye, up to a maximum of $1450 per eye for Lasik. PRK is a flat rate of $1900 per eye, but there is post surgery pain from what I've heard.

Thanks for the feedback.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 10:43:38 AM »
I like wearing contact lenses.  You get to play around with your eye color if you like.  Glasses are also a great fashion accessory and if you were to get Lasik, you would no longer be able to wear a monocle. I wouldn`t do it.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 10:45:49 AM »
One of the best things I ever did. Just get a good doctor.
A

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011, 10:48:37 AM »
I like wearing contact lenses.  You get to play around with your eye color if you like.  Glasses are also a great fashion accessory and if you were to get Lasik, you would no longer be able to wear a monocle. I wouldn`t do it.

I have light green eyes, so I don't really see the need to change the colour. My finace has glasses as a fashion accessory actually.

I've been doing the glasses/contact routine since the 70's and I'm bloody fed up with them. Apparently Lasik can correct astigmatism, which I have, better than corrective lenses are able, which is a nice bonus. I can live with the inevitable reading glasses too.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2011, 10:49:41 AM »
One of the best things I ever did. Just get a good doctor.

Yes, I have two choices at the moment, both with thousands of successful surgeries on their resumes.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2011, 10:52:10 AM »
I have light green eyes, so I don't really see the need to change the colour. My finace has glasses as a fashion accessory actually.

I've been doing the glasses/contact routine since the 70's and I'm bloody fed up with them. Apparently Lasik can correct astigmatism, which I have, better than corrective lenses are able, which is a nice bonus. I can live with the inevitable reading glasses too.
I have green/blue colored eyes as my natural color but its mildly amusing to enhance them.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2011, 10:55:23 AM »
I have green/blue colored eyes as my natural color but its mildly amusing to enhance them.

Indeed!

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2011, 12:40:03 PM »

All my co workers who had Lasik done have done nothing but rave about it.  Each one of them said they couldn't believe they waited so long.  They said it is best thing they have ever done for themselves.

But don't think you are going to get that $495 per eye rate.  That is only for a very small percentage of patients that actually meet that condition.  The average price that most coworkers here have paid is between $3400-$4000.  Depending on if you get the eye duct inserts or whatever they are called.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2011, 10:27:03 PM »
like most surgeries, you can look up the details on Wikipedia and do it at home and save $$.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2011, 11:04:49 PM »
had mine done about a year ago at 26.. hands down most lifestyle improving experience so far.  my vision went from 20/60 right and 20/100 left to 20/15 in both eyes.  not really painful of a procedure, just a little uncomfortable for about a half hour.  the surgery itself lasted a whole ten mins tops.  recovered very nicely and back at work two days later.  full recovery in about a month.  i did have a little glare at night but that goes away after about 6 months and wasn't bad to begin with.  i paid about $3200 through lasikplus.

http://www.lasikplus.com/

newmom

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2011, 05:15:16 AM »
I should get it done. But surgery on eyes, I dunno ??? :-\

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2011, 05:18:32 AM »
Word is Garrett Downing lost it all after the surgery...

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2011, 05:19:11 AM »
I should get it done. But surgery on eyes, I dunno ??? :-\

My wife felt the same way.  The eye doctors at Sears were telling her horror stories...then she listened to me.  She loves it.  Apparently it is cheaper in Canada because they own the laser where as the States, they rent it, that's what they told me...

There were people from all over the States in that waiting room...as far as THE KINGS STATE!!!

STAY POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2011, 05:20:02 AM »
like most surgeries, you can look up the details on Wikipedia and do it at home and save $$.
;D

SgtSpar

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2011, 05:31:04 AM »
I had it done two months ago.  It's awesome.  20/15 in both eyes.  Mine were 400 and 375 before lasik.