Author Topic: Arachidonic Acid  (Read 31572 times)

Sadovnik

• Getbig II
Arachidonic Acid
« on: November 16, 2015, 12:01:50 PM »
anything about arachidonic acid? seems to be working 4me... will buy lil more..
anyone used that?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Re: Arachidonic Acid
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 03:33:46 PM »
anything about arachidonic acid? seems to be working 4me... will buy lil more..
anyone used that?

Not viable as a supplement. You're buying rice floor at best.

Even if it was viable it could be fucking lethal.

Sadovnik

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 04:07:21 PM »
http://www.seriousnutritionsolutions.com/products/core/X-Gels.php

it can help between cycles I thought to keep or even build . testing it now . should be nice supplement.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 02:20:24 AM »
http://www.seriousnutritionsolutions.com/products/core/X-Gels.php

it can help between cycles I thought to keep or even build . testing it now . should be nice supplement.

Please post double blind clinical trial data with per review and 10 year meta analysis of side effects.

Testing on yourself is stupid. Hello placebo.

Sadovnik

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 12:00:48 PM »

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 06:01:21 PM »
Non-Steroid-Anabolic-Agent ;) https://www.steroid.com/Arachidonic-Acid.php

Hello placebo...

Not seeing any science there... Other than brosciense.

pestosterone

• Getbig IV

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2015, 04:45:28 PM »
Lol.... That's below brosciense level bro...

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2015, 04:49:07 PM »
Lol.... That's below brosciense level bro...

I agree, there is some data and some reason to think AA would help, the lit is all over the place however, sometimes inflammatory sometimes not, worsening alzheimers progression and potential onset etc..

AA increases the production of prostaglandins, which aide muscle hypertrophy after resistence training. Anti-inflammatories that inhibit COX-1/2 etc reduce this effect.

J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2001 Oct;86(10):5067-70.
Skeletal muscle PGF(2)(alpha) and PGE(2) in response to eccentric resistance exercise: influence of ibuprofen acetaminophen.

Trappe TA1, Fluckey JD, White F, Lambert CP, Evans WJ.

Author information

Abstract
PGs have been shown to modulate skeletal muscle protein metabolism as well as inflammation and pain. In nonskeletal muscle tissues, the over the counter analgesic drugs ibuprofen and acetaminophen function through suppression of PG synthesis. We previously reported that ibuprofen and acetaminophen inhibit the normal increase in skeletal muscle protein synthesis after high intensity eccentric resistance exercise. The current study examined skeletal muscle PG levels in the same subjects to further investigate the mechanisms of action of these drugs in exercised skeletal muscle. Twenty-four males (25 +/- 3 yr) were assigned to 3 groups that received the maximal over the counter dose of ibuprofen (1200 mg/d), acetaminophen (4000 mg/d), or a placebo after 10-14 sets of 10 eccentric repetitions at 120% of concentric 1 repetition maximum using the knee extensors. Preexercise and 24 h postexercise biopsies of the vastus lateralis revealed that the exercise-induced change in PGF(2alpha) in the placebo group (77%) was significantly different (P < 0.05) from those in the ibuprofen (-1%) and acetaminophen (-14%) groups. However, the exercise-induced change in PGE(2) in the placebo group (64%) was only significantly different (P < 0.05) from that in the acetaminophen group (-16%). The exercise-induced changes in PGF(2alpha) and PGE(2) were not different between the ibuprofen and acetaminophen groups. These results suggest that ibuprofen and acetaminophen have a comparable effect on suppressing the normal increase in PGF(2alpha) in human skeletal muscle after eccentric resistance exercise, which may profoundly influence the anabolic response of muscle to this form of exercise.

In humans, controlled

J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2007 Nov 28;4:21.
Effects of arachidonic acid supplementation on training adaptations in resistance-trained males.
Roberts MD1, Iosia M, Kerksick CM, Taylor LW, Campbell B, Wilborn CD, Harvey T, Cooke M, Rasmussen C, Greenwood M, Wilson R, Jitomir J, Willoughby D, Kreider RB.
Author information

Abstract
BACKGROUND:
To determine the impact of AA supplementation during resistance training on body composition, training adaptations, and markers of muscle hypertrophy in resistance-trained males.
METHODS:
In a randomized and double blind manner, 31 resistance-trained male subjects (22.1 +/- 5.0 years, 180 +/- 0.1 cm, 86.1 +/- 13.0 kg, 18.1 +/- 6.4% body fat) ingested either a placebo (PLA: 1 g.day-1 corn oil, n = 16) or AA (AA: 1 g.day-1 AA, n = 15) while participating in a standardized 4 day.week-1 resistance training regimen. Fasting blood samples, body composition, bench press one-repetition maximum (1RM), leg press 1RM and Wingate anaerobic capacity sprint tests were completed after 0, 25, and 50 days of supplementation. Percutaneous muscle biopsies were taken from the vastus lateralis on days 0 and 50.
RESULTS:
Wingate relative peak power was significantly greater after 50 days of supplementation while the inflammatory cytokine IL-6 was significantly lower after 25 days of supplementation in the AA group. PGE2 levels tended to be greater in the AA group. However, no statistically significant differences were observed between groups in body composition, strength, anabolic and catabolic hormones, or markers of muscle hypertrophy (i.e. total protein content or MHC type I, IIa, and IIx protein content) and other intramuscular markers (i.e. FP and EP3 receptor density or MHC type I, IIa, and IIx mRNA expression).
CONCLUSION:
AA supplementation during resistance-training may enhance anaerobic capacity and lessen the inflammatory response to training. However, AA supplementation did not promote statistically greater gains in strength, muscle mass, or influence markers of muscle hypertrophy.

It may enhance capacity but does not seem to really cause much hypertrophy, in fact the blunted inflammatory response would be a bad thing, strength would increase but protein synthesis would be lower.

The wiki page on this shit is a mess also, they cite the same studies over and over and even a fucking poster? who is selling this shit?

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2015, 05:01:50 PM »
If it worked as advertised we'd all be using it. Smart dude who came out with the stuff, but never amounted to anyone gaining real life muscle from it....
?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2015, 05:29:50 PM »
If it worked as advertised we'd all be using it. Smart dude who came out with the stuff, but never amounted to anyone gaining real life muscle from it....

QFT

only steroids work like steroids

Pumpzilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2015, 12:05:38 PM »
Tried this stuff years ago. Didn't do anything for me at all. Well, it did make me
feel like a dumbass for buying it.  ;D

Tharayman

• Getbig I
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2016, 11:00:10 PM »

Totally standing behind this statement! Lewellyns theory was valid. But real life impact does not seem to be notewhorty.

atothej

• Getbig I
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2016, 10:45:16 AM »
According to William Llewellyn in Anabolics 10e edition, AA increases androgen receptor density. 

chess315

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2017, 05:40:49 PM »
It works but makes you sore it's probably like being on 5mg dbol or something

heenok

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2018, 02:49:34 AM »
I wanted to try, taking capsules pre workout. X factor brand.
It does increase soreness slightly, some old niggles starts to hurt again.
Cant really tell much more. Just taking it for the hell of it.

OldSchoolLifter

• Getbig II
  • Hobbyist historian of strength/physique training
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2018, 09:28:15 AM »
I'm trying it too, got a bottle pretty cheap.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2018, 11:01:29 AM »
tried it once or twice. noticed nothing at all. CEL has a product that is just ARA.

OldSchoolLifter

• Getbig II
  • Hobbyist historian of strength/physique training
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2018, 11:36:38 AM »
Is it recommended to take the AA on non-training days?

Sadovnik

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2018, 10:18:33 PM »
4 caps preworkout. Makes your workout more stressful - muscles are more fried after workout so the reaction is more growth. I'm lil suspecting it that it can cause unwanted inflammation if you overtrain.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2018, 10:58:53 PM »
4 caps preworkout. Makes your workout more stressful - muscles are more fried after workout so the reaction is more growth. I'm lil suspecting it that it can cause unwanted inflammation if you overtrain.

Stop searching for The Magic Supplement Pills & Potions
Save Your $ - They Don’t Exist.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2018, 04:45:51 PM »

Stop searching for The Magic Supplement Pills & Potions
Save Your $ - They Don’t Exist.

sure they do... steroids work

supplements make your poop more expensive

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2018, 04:14:51 PM »
We typically try to stay away from unnecessary inflammation, but your choosing to take a supplement because it causes inflammation?

Cancer much?

Bench