Author Topic: There's Only One Bible  (Read 20848 times)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
Re: There's Only One Bible
« Reply #150 on: July 23, 2011, 08:05:27 PM »
It was an impressive spanking.. to say the least..

NO! NO! Don't say that! That's exactly what he wants! It always precedes the deep tissue massage "only inside." (His words)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #151 on: July 28, 2011, 12:30:49 PM »
You trust human nature. I don't. You trust your own nature. I really don't. Therefore, I believe many simply cannot give a true, honest, objective evaluation of themselves, their motives and responses to events, incidences, and circumstances that occur in their lives. I truly doubt a Pol Pot or Stalin woke up every morning and said, "How can I make the world a more wicked place? How can I be more of a monster? How many innocent people will I have killed."

It is no surprise that you, a bisexual recreational drug user that even posts videos of himself stoned out of his mind and feels the need to describe in intimate detail his homosexual encounters to complete strangers, considers himself to be a person of a rational nature. A learned, reasoned, well thought out individual who deep down considers himself a bit (if not a lot) above the pack. Someone who is little bit special than the average schmoe. What else is a self absorbed, self-indulgent, narcissistic, hedonist to think?  

Whether ignorance of other reasons or excuses one uses to justify a behavior and relieve a person of fault it doesn't relieve him of responsibility. If someone is raised in a horrible violent household of course it is not his fault and it is not hard to see why he would turn out to be a horrible violent human being. But he is still responsible for his actions.

u seem to suffer from a lack of reading comprehension

re read this

one who always gets the right emotional response can trust it to be the most moral action. it might be helpful to remember that we are all bound to the limitations of our ignorances, and because of this "mature" not only denounces logical correctness in choosing the most moral action but knowledge of all facts pertaining to such judgement. because we cant always know all the facts, sometimes a mature reaction can be the wrong reaction. its important to point out that in this rare occuronce the person could not be blamed for not making the most moral decision because ignorance is never the fault of ones own self. lazy yes, ignorant no.

even though this post sounds insulting, Pellius has a strong point, Pellius is cold  :-\

Sorry Tbombs don't mean to gang up on you, I do consider you intelligent, but if I recall correctly several years back someone pissed you off....and you replied with something that you were going to kill their mom, dad and torture them and some more stuff that would make charlse manson's thoughts look like a saint..one of the craziest threats I ever read....surley you can't trust a mine that wonders off every now and then?

re read the above.

i remember making that threat. it was to overload.  my intention was to write the nastiest most vile thing i could think of. and ive got a thing with words. i never actually meant it. i think it was something along the lines of chopping off his parents genetials and taking pictures of their dead bodies with the genetials stuffed in their mouths.  ;D

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #152 on: July 28, 2011, 03:05:09 PM »
Well that was the "shakespeare" of threats ;D

probound2

• Getbig II
« Reply #153 on: July 28, 2011, 09:00:07 PM »
There are many religions and many bibles all claiming the one they follow is the only way. So which one do we pick?

For the bible, the one that sticks to the original translated language(s). For the religion that is the true one, it will be the one that sticks to the teachings of the original translated language(s). Jesus said you would know his people by the fruits they produced.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #154 on: July 28, 2011, 09:10:40 PM »

For the bible, the one that sticks to the original translated language(s). For the religion that is the true one, it will be the one that sticks to the teachings of the original translated language(s). Jesus said you would know his people by the fruits they produced.

Terror around the world ? ???

probound2

• Getbig II
« Reply #155 on: July 28, 2011, 09:26:18 PM »

Good point! Now which ones don't do this?

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #156 on: July 28, 2011, 09:29:59 PM »

Ones that dont follow religions  ???

probound2

• Getbig II
« Reply #157 on: July 28, 2011, 09:49:58 PM »
Ones that dont follow religions  ???

They profess christian origin.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #158 on: July 28, 2011, 10:00:10 PM »

But distance themselves far from it.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #159 on: July 29, 2011, 05:46:30 AM »
how about the one with the most accurate historical narrative, the Bible. Ethiopians can trace back their ancestors to "cush" a Biblical figure. Sargon of Akkad, the first to mount an army of 5000 according to archaeology was also the one to create the first walled cities, he is the Biblical Nimrod, The Biblical character Mitraim is known to be the father of Egypt, no direct proof of this, however Egyptian hieroglyphs often refer to the Nile, the mitraim river. Modern Jordanian can trace their ancestors to the Biblical character lot, in fact Lots son according to the Bible, Amman built a city and named it after himself and till this day it's still the capital of Jordan. Saudi
' along with other Arab nation are direct descendants from the Biblical Ishmael. chedorlaomer is found through archaeology to be the first king of Elam, also a Biblical characters, other historical figures mentioned in the Bible backed up by non Biblical documents,menuscripts or archaeology are as follows, Ramses, Shalmanaser, Tiglath, Sennacherib,Essarhaddon, Ashurbanipal, Nebuchadnezzar, Beltisar, Cyrus the great, Xerxes, Darius, All the kings from the Assyrian Empire, The Babylonion Empire and the Alchamenid Dynasty-Medo-Persian.....Historical cities, timeline, characters and empires all 100% accurate.....All this doesn't prove God, but if you must choose a religion why not choose the one with zero flaws in its narrative...just saying 8)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: July 29, 2011, 06:04:59 AM »
how about the one with the most accurate historical narrative, the Bible. Ethiopians can trace back their ancestors to "cush" a Biblical figure. Sargon of Akkad, the first to mount an army of 5000 according to archaeology was also the one to create the first walled cities, he is the Biblical Nimrod, The Biblical character Mitraim is known to be the father of Egypt, no direct proof of this, however Egyptian hieroglyphs often refer to the Nile, the mitraim river. Modern Jordanian can trace their ancestors to the Biblical character lot, in fact Lots son according to the Bible, Amman built a city and named it after himself and till this day it's still the capital of Jordan. Saudi
' along with other Arab nation are direct descendants from the Biblical Ishmael. chedorlaomer is found through archaeology to be the first king of Elam, also a Biblical characters, other historical figures mentioned in the Bible backed up by non Biblical documents,menuscripts or archaeology are as follows, Ramses, Shalmanaser, Tiglath, Sennacherib,Essarhaddon, Ashurbanipal, Nebuchadnezzar, Beltisar, Cyrus the great, Xerxes, Darius, All the kings from the Assyrian Empire, The Babylonion Empire and the Alchamenid Dynasty-Medo-Persian.....Historical cities, timeline, characters and empires all 100% accurate.....All this doesn't prove God, but if you must choose a religion why not choose the one with zero flaws in its narrative...just saying 8)
[/font]

Like that the sun stopped in the sky so that a battle could be fought? Nothing found in Chinese history of this

Or that dead saints rose from their graves and walked through the city for many to see (nothing outside Matthew on this)

Or People had to return to the place of their birth for a census (never happens)

Or, all first born male children were killed (no records outside the bible)

I could go on...and on...and on.......
Or

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #161 on: July 29, 2011, 06:18:19 AM »
[/font]

Like that the sun stopped in the sky so that a battle could be fought? Nothing found in Chinese history of this

Or that dead saints rose from their graves and walked through the city for many to see (nothing outside Matthew on this)

Or People had to return to the place of their birth for a census (never happens)

Or, all first born male children were killed (no records outside the bible)

I could go on...and on...and on.......
Or
I have to dig it up but yes there is an outside source of an event where it stayed dark for a long time around the same time period, will get back to you on this..
Your argument doesn't make sense, no historical document on the planet can be backed up of all it's little details, of course there are events like you mention, you can go on and on....well, I'll help you go on and on. I think you missed the point

probound2

• Getbig II
« Reply #162 on: July 29, 2011, 07:19:52 AM »

Ones that dont follow religions  ???

But distance themselves far from it.

Sorta. Staying separate from the world was the key. Why? First-century christians were able to keep clear of the bloody wars and politics of their time. Remember when Jesus said:?

Matthew 26:52:

"Return your sword to its place, for all those who take the sword will perish by the sword."

John 18:36:

"My kingdom is no part of this world. If my kingdom were part of this world, my attendants would have fought that I should not be delivered up to the Jews. But, as it is, my kingdom is not from this source."

When we take a look at how the first-century christians applied those principles, it becomes somewhat advantages for the reader in ascertaining the insight needed for further review of the Holy Scriptures' outlook on other matters of past, present, future events. For instances, they kept themselves completely separate from the world, by maintaining strict neutrality when it came to political and military affairs. Look at:

John 15:17-19; 17:14-16:

[15]: (17) "This is my command: Love each other. (18) If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. (19) If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.  

[17]: (14) I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world. (15) My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. (16) They are not of the world, even as I am not of it."

Also if we take note of the first-century christians rejection to fight against each other, as well as complete strangers, this would give us a gauge in helping identify the folks whom are engaging in same activity. It is clear from history that first-century christians joined neither the Jewish nationalist movements nor the imperial armies of Rome. At the same time, they did not try to tell the political leaders what to do, as that was the responsibility of those governmental leaders. Look at:

Galatians 6:5:

"For each one should carry their own load."

Interestingly, Tertullian, the historian, referenced Jesus sentiments in regards to this subject by asking: "Shall it be held lawful to make an occupation of the sword, when the Lord [Jesus] proclaims that he who uses the sword shall perish by the sword?".

So then, this is one of the fruits Jesus was speaking about in order for a person to make an educated opinion on the matter.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: July 29, 2011, 07:21:56 AM »
I have to dig it up but yes there is an outside source of an event where it stayed dark for a long time around the same time period, will get back to you on this..
Your argument doesn't make sense, no historical document on the planet can be backed up of all it's little details, of course there are events like you mention, you can go on and on....well, I'll help you go on and on. I think you missed the point

There are historical documents, then there are manuscripts, many anonymous, that make supernatural claims of extraordinary events that happened thousands of years ago that are made without any corroborative evidence. While the bible contains some accurate details as it was written by men who lived in that area, it also makes outrageous claims of supernatural events set in place by a spirit god with little support. Now this manuscripts can be called "historical documents" technically because they were written 2000 yrs ago, but I call BS on "accurate" when it comes to much of what is contained within them.  

Cliff Clavin

• Getbig II
  • It's a little known fact
« Reply #164 on: July 29, 2011, 07:44:30 AM »
Gotta lol at anyone that claims they know specific details of anything that happened thousands of years ago...oh its true because you read it in a book?..gotcha...

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #165 on: July 29, 2011, 01:18:13 PM »
There are historical documents, then there are manuscripts, many anonymous, that make supernatural claims of extraordinary events that happened thousands of years ago that are made without any corroborative evidence. While the bible contains some accurate details as it was written by men who lived in that area, it also makes outrageous claims of supernatural events set in place by a spirit god with little support. Now this manuscripts can be called "historical documents" technically because they were written 2000 yrs ago, but I call BS on "accurate" when it comes to much of what is contained within them.  
Correct, I believe the subject was out of the thousands of religions why choose a certain one....this is why I said, you missed my point, so this time I will make it clear, all religions have supernatural in them, so I don't expect anyone to believe in the supernatural occurrences, but since they all have them, let's cancel out this factor and look into the accuracy of its historical nature so that we may pick from this factor alone. Considering one does not believe in God, can you think of a more logical way to pick a religion to look into?

Clearly if a historical reference has been mistaken in an ancient manuscript, it no longer becomes a credible source of information,............ the points you stated above are good points to say that have not been proved, however this does not mean they didn't occur. Until you can pinpoint an inaccurate historical event from Biblical reference, I would say the Bible is truly a remarkable piece of historical significents.

Nothing found in Chinese history of this :o

..................In the ancient Chinese writings there is a legend of a long day. The Incas of Peru and the Aztecs of Mexico have a like record, and there is a Babylonian and a Persian legend of a day that was miraculously extended. Another section of China contributes an account of the day that was miraculously prolonged, in the reign of Emperor Yeo. Herodotus recounts that the priests of Egypt showed him their temple records, and that there he read a strange account of a day that was twice the natural length.
 ;)