Author Topic: Top 5 Most Overrated Steroids of all Time  (Read 20483 times)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
Re: Top 5 Most Overrated Steroids of all Time
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2011, 12:17:10 PM »
Masteron does have some anti-aromatase properties, that is true but not near the level of say Letrozole (Femera) as it will suppress estrogen nearly 100%.

In my opinion a dose of 100mg of Tren every other day coupled with a decent dose of Letro would make Masteron irrelevant and when Tren doses get into the 100mg every day range then it really gets irrelevant.  

I'm not aware of any anti-aromatase properties of Masteron (correct me if I'm wrong). Remember, the original Masteron was a breast cancer drug.  What was the mechanism?All androgens basically "fight" estrogens effects in various tissues. Even fucking methyltestosterone has been used as a breast cancer drug for the same reason, and it aromatizes! I don't think there will be any estrogen supppression per se, it just  fights it's negative effects. So it's more of a blocker like gh15 says, rather than level suppressor.

Plus there may be other mechanisms behind the hard look it provides. For example, Patrick Arnold has talked about interactions of certain androgens with the mineralcorticoid receptor making some steroids seemingly dry you out.

As far as letro, I seem to recall that these 100% suppression of estrogen ideas are pure baloney, that they don't work nearly that well (again, correct me if I'm wrong).

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2011, 12:51:27 PM »
I'm not aware of any anti-aromatase properties of Masteron (correct me if I'm wrong).

I don't think there will be any estrogen supppression per se, it just  fights it's negative effects. So it's more of a blocker like gh15 says, rather than level suppressor.

After a quick look it appears as though there could be some reduction in aromatization. This has been shown in breast tissue with DHT and Masteron is a DHT derivative.

Quote from: Patrick Arnold
Anti – Estrogen effects of DHT

One important function of DHT in the body that does not get much discussion is its antagonism of estrogen. Some men that take Proscar learn this the hard way – by developing a case of gynecomastia. By reducing DHT’s protection against estrogen in the body, these men have fallen victim to its most dreaded ramification – bitch tits!

How does DHT protect against estrogen? There are at least three ways that this likely occurs. First of all, DHT directly inhibits estrogens activity on tissues. It either does this by acting as a competitive antagonist to the estrogen receptor or by decreasing estrogen-induced RNA transcription at a point subsequent to estrogen receptor binding.

Second of all, DHT and its metabolites have been shown to directly block the production of estrogens from androgens by inhibiting the activity of the aromatase enzyme. The studies done in breast tissue showed that DHT, androsterone, and 5alpha-androstandione are potent inhibitors of the formation of estrone from androstenedione. 5alpha-androstandione was shown to be the most potent, while androsterone was the least.

Lastly, DHT acts on the hypothalamus / pituitary to decrease the secretion of gonadotropins. By decreasing the secretion of gonadotropins you decrease the production of the raw materials for estrogen production – testosterone and androstenedione (DHT itself cannot aromatize into estrogens). This property of DHT comes into particular utility when it is administered exogenously, and this is to be discussed in further detail in the next section.

http://www.mesomorphosis.com/articles/arnold/dht.htm

Couldn't find any on drostanolone in specific and plasma estrogen levels.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2011, 01:16:05 PM »
My understanding is that Masteron doesn't have an aromatase inhibiting effect directly but lends to that end by weakening the aromatase effect brought on by other steroids. How strong this effect is I am uncertain but like all things I'm sure it's largely dose dependent and won't benefit one who's running high doses of steroids that aromatize greatly...at least I don't see how it would.

Letro and 100% suppression? True, not actually 100% but as close as you can get with most medications. However, it is very slow acting in-terms of dramatically suppressing estrogen to its fullest degree, it can take several weeks to reach this point, as in approximately 10 weeks of continuous therapy...at least that's my understanding.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2011, 01:52:51 PM »
My understanding is that Masteron doesn't have an aromatase inhibiting effect directly but lends to that end by weakening the aromatase effect brought on by other steroids. How strong this effect is I am uncertain but like all things I'm sure it's largely dose dependent and won't benefit one who's running high doses of steroids that aromatize greatly...at least I don't see how it would.

Letro and 100% suppression? True, not actually 100% but as close as you can get with most medications. However, it is very slow acting in-terms of dramatically suppressing estrogen to its fullest degree, it can take several weeks to reach this point, as in approximately 10 weeks of continuous therapy...at least that's my understanding.

this is how it is with LEGIT masteron ,,and sadly many undercut the masteron when making it so its a problem,,

if you are a bodybuild 8% 200lb and you start taking high doses of testosterona and have a problem with estrogen ....one intake of masteron at 100mg into ass will solve this problem in a matter of hours,,infact if lean enough you will be able to see xmass tree fibers revealing themselves in back double bi within hours of masteron intake ,,you see the hardness hapening infront of you and more importantly the driiiiiness  ,,soooo masterona dry you well ,,better than letrozole because its not taking estrogen down to 3% it leave it but reduce its influence dramaticaly ,,it dries you and harden you while on high doses of aramataze hormones,,

be careful with legit masteron you will find that there is big diff between 75mg and 100mg per inject,,you can over due it and look too dry and you do not want to look too dry ,,you need the optimal ratio of estroegn to testosterona in body inorder for optimal lean growth ,,

soooo why can we go to 2 gram testosterona 1.2 gram 1.5 gram 1.8 gram  how can we do ti with nppiona at 400-800mg a week? the answer is masterona ! we use it at minimal doses usualy 150-400mg a week depending on individual and aromatize hormone doses,, we use it as part of effective long term stacks ,,it does what it need to do ,,it let you run nandrolona and testosterona and gh ..see all the benefits off them with out the estrogen bothering thus the quality phyiqe is stil there with less water retention,,there is water retention but it doesnt take over and you still ook 8% exactly the way you started ,, rather than look 12% due to water and estrogen going out of wack...

you can even add dianabolona and anapolona and orals ...you just need to increase masterona to some degree,, i just prefer to increas testosterona and nppiona while while keeping trenbolona constant at high possible dose

gh15 approved
fallen angel

bladerunner

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2011, 07:51:34 PM »
he talk about 150-160mg of trenbolona ace every 2 day ,,ofcourse trenbolona is much better hormone ,,there is no replacment for it but! the usage of masterona come not to complete trenbolona but rather to block estreogen going into female land zones while doing the 2 gram testosterona which ofcourse is a must to ever get up to the big boys sizes aka thickness of 240 250 260 you jknow that zones...you all seen that national local town competitor that always place 15th in nationals and walk around 260 5'9 9% ...to get to this thickness testosterona must be in high doses and masterona is there to kill estrogen going out of control ,,you want estrogen in optimal levels and arimidex doesnt let you do it and nolvadex is just not good enough as masterona sinc emasterona is actual steroid that contribute to muscle hadness and growth,,

gh15 approved

so basically if i didnt use test i wouldnt need any masteron at all...

BIG_O

• Getbig IV
  • Assumptions are the mother of all Fuck-ups.
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2011, 12:28:50 PM »
This list isn't calling these steroids garbage, simply highly overrated and by-in-large far less beneficial to most than many other steroids.

Primobolan:
For the money legit Primo cost it's not worth the return and as it's the most commonly counterfeited steroid on earth it's normally worth very little. Generally worthless for size and strength in comparison to other anabolics but it can serve a purpose but needs to be taken in much higher doses than most are willing or can afford. Decent dieting steroid but so many others will get the same job done with a much higher efficiency.

Turinabol:
Very mild and generally well-tolerated, very side-effect friendly but pretty much nothing more than an over the counter pro-hormone. Decent for a little strength but no more so than the old PH 1-AD.

Masteron:
Not a bad steroid at all, in-fact it's fairly decent but there are simply other steroids that fill the role with higher efficiency. For the bodybuilder using Trenbolone there is no need for added Masteron as Trenbolone will provide every benefit of Masteron to a higher degree as well as additional benefits. Trenbolone makes Masteron obsolete.

Proviron:
Used for anti-estrogen benefits and testosterone increases but is far inferior to aromatase inhibitors such as Arimidex and Letrozole. Does possess a slight anabolic effect and might be useful in a bridge for those that do that sort of thing but beyond that it is obsolete and really not needed considering other options.

Testosterone-Mixtures:
Obviously testosterone is great and all in-terms of mode of action is the same but testosterone mixtures are more of a novel idea and provide no additional benefit over single ester forms. The gains made from each milligram of a mixture of Sustanon-250 or Omnadren will be the same with single ester forms such as Enanthate and Cypionate assuming all things remain constant, i.e. dose, duration, training and diet and initial starting point of a physique.

I have spoken...what say you?

I totally disagree with you bro on the first four with a very strong conviction on #3 & #4. The last I definitely agree with you on.

Here's you a question...Cytadren, hate it or love it?

HATE IT!! A fundamental no-no to run this unless prescribed by your doctor. Strong possibility to suppress the whole cytochrome P-450 complex or alter different enzymatic conversions.

BIG_O

• Getbig IV
  • Assumptions are the mother of all Fuck-ups.
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2011, 12:44:01 PM »
I'm not aware of any anti-aromatase properties of Masteron (correct me if I'm wrong). Remember, the original Masteron was a breast cancer drug.  What was the mechanism?All androgens basically "fight" estrogens effects in various tissues. Even fucking methyltestosterone has been used as a breast cancer drug for the same reason, and it aromatizes! I don't think there will be any estrogen supppression per se, it just  fights it's negative effects. So it's more of a blocker like gh15 says, rather than level suppressor.

Plus there may be other mechanisms behind the hard look it provides. For example, Patrick Arnold has talked about interactions of certain androgens with the mineralcorticoid receptor making some steroids seemingly dry you out.

As far as letro, I seem to recall that these 100% suppression of estrogen ideas are pure baloney, that they don't work nearly that well (again, correct me if I'm wrong).

I have a few studies bro back at the office that shows Drostanolone's effectiveness at reducing estrogen. If I remember I'll grab them and post them as time allows. See if these will open up. I don't have the full abstracts on my laptop. I think these show it off the top of my head though.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/576855
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/4115657

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2011, 01:27:08 PM »
I have a few studies bro back at the office that shows Drostanolone's effectiveness at reducing estrogen. If I remember I'll grab them and post them as time allows. See if these will open up. I don't have the full abstracts on my laptop. I think these show it off the top of my head though.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/576855
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/4115657

Please post them up when you get a chance.  :)

Wondering if the anti-aromatase activity is breast tissue specific or if there's actually a drop in plasma estrogens.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2011, 08:18:05 AM »
I totally disagree with you bro on the first four with a very strong conviction on #3 & #4. The last I definitely agree with you on.

HATE IT!! A fundamental no-no to run this unless prescribed by your doctor. Strong possibility to suppress the whole cytochrome P-450 complex or alter different enzymatic conversions.

Primo: I'm not saying it's a bad steroid at all but on a milligram to dollars basis it is highly overrated IMO. Most never use near enough when they use it and to use enough, an amount that's really going to get something done it's going to cost you several slices of cheese. I know Primo has a bit of nostalgia attached to it due to the 1970's but there are so many more efficient options.

Masteron: I've already stated what I think in this thread but to reiterate I simply don't see the point of use of other more suitable options are being used. Good steroid, yes, I just find it overrated in-terms of what it can do.

Proviron: In the same light, for what it does there are so many other better more effective options.

Cytadren: I agree, use in-terms of an anti-e during a cycle would be a bad idea, I'm more curious as to those who have used it for very short periods, say 10-14 days before a comp. Since Mr. 15 is according to 90% of getbig the end all be all I saw an opportunity to have a little fun if he dares, so I'll hold my tongue until he responds.  8)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2011, 09:07:24 AM »
hydrocortizone

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2011, 12:55:24 AM »
hydrocortizone

Now that's really a steroid that sucks big time.  ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2011, 09:37:52 PM »
This list isn't calling these steroids garbage, simply highly overrated and by-in-large far less beneficial to most than many other steroids.

Primobolan:
For the money legit Primo cost it's not worth the return and as it's the most commonly counterfeited steroid on earth it's normally worth very little. Generally worthless for size and strength in comparison to other anabolics but it can serve a purpose but needs to be taken in much higher doses than most are willing or can afford. Decent dieting steroid but so many others will get the same job done with a much higher efficiency.

Turinabol:
Very mild and generally well-tolerated, very side-effect friendly but pretty much nothing more than an over the counter pro-hormone. Decent for a little strength but no more so than the old PH 1-AD.

Masteron:
Not a bad steroid at all, in-fact it's fairly decent but there are simply other steroids that fill the role with higher efficiency. For the bodybuilder using Trenbolone there is no need for added Masteron as Trenbolone will provide every benefit of Masteron to a higher degree as well as additional benefits. Trenbolone makes Masteron obsolete.

Proviron:
Used for anti-estrogen benefits and testosterone increases but is far inferior to aromatase inhibitors such as Arimidex and Letrozole. Does possess a slight anabolic effect and might be useful in a bridge for those that do that sort of thing but beyond that it is obsolete and really not needed considering other options.

Testosterone-Mixtures:
Obviously testosterone is great and all in-terms of mode of action is the same but testosterone mixtures are more of a novel idea and provide no additional benefit over single ester forms. The gains made from each milligram of a mixture of Sustanon-250 or Omnadren will be the same with single ester forms such as Enanthate and Cypionate assuming all things remain constant, i.e. dose, duration, training and diet and initial starting point of a physique.

I have spoken...what say you?

oral winstrol.
l

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2011, 09:41:10 PM »

oral winstrol.

Yes injectable is much better
Thunderdome approved

abijahmaniaco

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2011, 12:03:16 PM »
no!,,,you dont want estrogen surpression to thos elevels
this. estrogen too low = prone to injury and other problems that gh15 states.

adren

• Getbig II
  • musclecreation.com
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2011, 06:13:31 AM »
I always thought sustanon was over-rated also

themightythor74

• Getbig I
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2011, 03:18:40 PM »
I agree about the Primo and test "coctails". Dont even bother.
Ditto.

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2011, 08:57:59 AM »
The drostanolonone enanthate (or dromostanolone as it's sometimes spelled) isn't completely worthless is it? Someone just gave me 20ml,
assumed it was the prop but just saw enananthate on the label.  :'(

shit sux

I hate it when these fck long ester compunds that need to be readyliy absorbed on a consistent basis to work

tren e and masteron e are 2 that I will never touch -

I was taught when i was 16 that the prick is something you have to put up with to get big, HAVE TO it wont go anywhr (i think dude sellin me shit didnt want me askin people to inject me!) but I always had to become 'one' with the needle - so acetate is my friend, 2cc's everyfcknday :D

Stavios

« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2011, 10:58:26 AM »
shit sux

I hate it when these fck long ester compunds that need to be readyliy absorbed on a consistent basis to work

tren e and masteron e are 2 that I will never touch -

I was taught when i was 16 that the prick is something you have to put up with to get big, HAVE TO it wont go anywhr (i think dude sellin me shit didnt want me askin people to inject me!) but I always had to become 'one' with the needle - so acetate is my friend, 2cc's everyfcknday :D

I never saw any difference taking prop or enanthate really..

whatever the product