Author Topic: Homemade Pre-Workout Stack  (Read 10802 times)

james82

• Getbig I
Homemade Pre-Workout Stack
« on: February 14, 2012, 07:06:57 AM »
What are your thoughts on this homemade pre-workout stack? All the ingredients combined are less then your typical jug of Jack3d or Neurocore and will last alot longer.

Caffeine - 200mg
Citrulline Malate - 2000mg
Agmatine - 1000mg
Beta-Alanine - 2000mg
Creatine Ethyl Ester - 1500mg

I'm think that combination should yield a nice energy and a definite pump. Is there anything that should be added/removed that would make a noticeable difference?

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Homemade Pre-Workout Stack
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 01:21:53 PM »
I've been using BCAA's pre-workout with very good results for the last several months. My results have been even better yet with an additional 2g-3g of HMB per day.

Is there any special reason you're using the creatine ethyl ester?

james82

• Getbig I
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 06:32:02 AM »
I normally use monohydrate, but I've been reading about CEE giving the same benefits as monohydrate with minimal water retention, so I figured it was worth a shot.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 03:43:52 PM »
I normally use monohydrate, but I've been reading about CEE giving the same benefits as monohydrate with minimal water retention, so I figured it was worth a shot.

Well, fluid retention is basically creatine's primary mechanism. The benefit is that a great deal of it happens inside the muscle cells rather than just the subcutaneous. Take a look through some of the threads linked in the creatine sticky at the top of this board. There've been some good discussions concerning different creatine products - including lots of personal experience.

The consensus usually seems to be the notion that "creatine is creatine is creatine..."
It may not benefit you to spend the extra money on a product like CEE. Or, maybe it will. Do some research to make an educated prediction before deciding either way. I just don't want to see you get burned.

I tried several different creatine formulas years ago. Believe it or not, I'm getting better results now with plain old monohydrate. This is the first time I've used the basic form, but I suspect it is the WAY I'm taking it (carb timing) that is giving me the benefits.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 09:47:01 PM »
water ? banana ? steak ?

milk+ice cream+fruit+protein powder or egg whites ?

james82

• Getbig I
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 09:23:12 AM »
I ordered all the ingredients and they should be here today. I'll mix it all together tonight and report back with how it stands up compared to the commercial products like Jack3d.

james82

• Getbig I
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 09:24:24 AM »
water ? banana ? steak ?

milk+ice cream+fruit+protein powder or egg whites ?

I do eat pre-workout, just didn't include it. Usually chicken/steak + rice 1.5 hours prior to working out, and then about 30 minutes prior something like a banana and a greek yogurt.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 10:55:27 AM »
What are your thoughts on this homemade pre-workout stack? All the ingredients combined are less then your typical jug of Jack3d or Neurocore and will last alot longer.

Caffeine - 200mg
Agmatine - 1000mg
Beta-Alanine - 2000mg

I'm think that combination should yield a nice energy and a definite pump. Is there anything that should be added/removed that would make a noticeable difference?

That sounds pretty decent. If I hadn't just bought some NO-Shotgun for $10 at my gym (Clearance Sale), I might give that a try.

It's good to have a homemade brew, in your back pocket. But, all you have to do is bide your time, until stores like GNC, Vitamin Shoppe or perhaps the supplement store at your gym starts marking down their products.

Then you can clean up.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 12:54:57 PM »
I do eat pre-workout, just didn't include it. Usually chicken/steak + rice 1.5 hours prior to working out, and then about 30 minutes prior something like a banana and a greek yogurt.
i think you wasting your money. caffiene is ok though.  plus if your eating 1.5 hours before working out, why are you eating again 30 mins prior to your workout? that dont make any sense.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2012, 06:16:05 PM »
Caffeine - 200mg
Agmatine - 1000mg
Beta-Alanine - 2000mg

Looks like a top secret chemistry formula......drink some coffee,get fired up,and train your ass off.

Jay8899

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2012, 05:35:12 PM »
Citrulline Malate should be dosed atleast 5 grams..

Beta Alanine 3 grams

Other words its a nice stack. I have a few bulk things my self.CM and Agmatime and Taurine.

Get your self a scale as well.To weigh for accuracy.A 0.1 /10 mg scale is effecient. My scale is 0.01grams to 100 grams.Cost $20.00

Jay8899

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2012, 05:39:02 PM »
i think you wasting your money. caffiene is ok though.  plus if your eating 1.5 hours before working out, why are you eating again 30 mins prior to your workout? that dont make any sense.
makes no sense i agree..ill eat 60-90 mins pre workout and take any pre work supps on empty stomach.

Maybe prework on the weekends ill go with greek yogurt and some almonds,thats uslly about an hr

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2012, 05:48:57 PM »
i like a big glass of water, or a cup of tea while i work out during the week... on saturdays i tend to enjoy a guinness or 2 while working out

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2012, 08:00:51 PM »
The only creatine you should be spending your money on is creatine monohydrate all others are BULLSHIT.

Creatine Nitrate on the other hand is worth it, it really DOES work as advertised.. insane pumps with low dosage and no subq water, best pumps i ever had.. however raw in bulk its unavailable due to some patent bs...

One suggestion I have is carnitine-l-tartate which helps produce more receptors or something along those lines and acetyl carnitine which has a mental focus/drive thing. Great stuff