Author Topic: chest discomfort after eating  (Read 3878 times)

meow8173

chest discomfort after eating
« on: October 03, 2005, 07:54:33 PM »
After I eat certain foods, usually the more unhealthy ones Ill get discomfort in my heart area/chest...and in my right collarbone. I wont have medical insurance for another 30 some days from my work, so I'm hesitating on going to the doc just yet. Does anybody have any ideas on what this might or could be? Help would be appreciated, thanks

big E

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: chest discomfort after eating
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 08:04:20 PM »
could be heartburn. but im no doc
Thaiboxing,Bjj

Aido

• Getbig II
  • Lift, Eat, Rest, Grow, Repeat.
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 01:39:24 AM »
Sounds to me like someone is sensitive to what he is eating. Used to happen to me and eventually I tracked it down to sunflower oil. Basically after i eat anything prepared in sunflower oil i get discomfort in heart, lungs and stomach. But get to the doc asap to be safe.

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 08:21:44 AM »
Eat very bland food till you're insurance kicks in.  It sounds like intergestion, but don't take chances where the heart is involved.  My Dr. told me no matter what a person has, if the heart isn't healthy, they go their first because if that ol ticker is off no matter what you have, usually isn't as important as the heart.  It's probably nothing, but be on the safe side and have it looked at.  If you life in a small town, most Dr's. understand insurance and will treat you and not start to bill until the insurance kicks in.  Check it out, you've got more to gain than to loose.  Good luck.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 06:25:01 PM »
It sounds like acid reflux/heart burn.  Take the other's advise and see a doctor, but more than likely if certain foods causes the symptoms then the most likely explanation is this.  More than likely they will prescribe Zantac or some similar long lasting acid reducer.

trulytoned

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2005, 07:28:03 PM »
Id say try to track it down to what foods causing it, sounds like indegestion or heartburn tho, see if some tums or something fix it for now
big or bust

Carmello

• Getbig III
  • Believe it or not. Your choice.
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2005, 10:24:55 PM »
U might be allergic to certain foods. I know i'm allergic to bananas, but it's been so long since i threw one in a shake, i must've forgot. Today i put one in the Met-Rx shake, took a few sips, and that's all she wrote! I had bad chest pains, i almost threw up, and the back of my throat was itching horribly. Same thing happens when i eat anything soy, fruit seeds period, peanut butter, and oatmeal. I also get severe headaches from too much of the following; caffein, sodium (like chinese food), and certain salt based nitric oxide supplements. It took trial and error, but now i know what's bad for my body. Ever since i eliminated these things from my diet, i've been great! I can get away with certain things taken in small moderation. For example, today i had coffee with milk. I was fine today, but if i'd have it everyday this week, i'd get headaches by the forth day, so i keep it to no more than 2 cups a week.

All in all, u might have to really pay attention to your body. Every body is different, and yours might be sensitive to certain things. Hope this helps. Good luck.

-the mastermind
CEA999

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2005, 01:15:39 PM »
I've had that before....I thought it was gas pressure.
:-)