Author Topic: UFC 131 this Saturday. Countdown and Opinions  (Read 19215 times)

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
Re: UFC 131 this Saturday. Countdown and Opinions
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2011, 08:04:08 AM »
you are an adult male (albeit physically in the 8-11 age bracket) who obsesses over huge fighters ... there is hidden homo-erotic lust behind your posts

spinnis

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2011, 08:07:12 AM »
JDS may have the technical advantage, but take a look at the Gonzaga KO by Carwin and tell me he's not faced top competition. He put Gonzaga on his ass with a half-arm punch. The size he's lost might be just that he's changed his programme to improve his stamina

Carwin: Lesnar, Mir worth mentioning and gonzaga then.
JDS: Nelson, also gonzaga, Cro cop,werdum, Yvel

ans yes ive mentioned in this thread a few time thats its because of wanted to increse cardio. Even in the first post.

Going to be a good match. JDS are the slight odds favorite, so put some money on carwin if you feel certian, If carwin was trhe favorite I would have put some on jds, but now its not worth it

jedibrat

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2011, 08:20:34 AM »
Carwin: Lesnar, Mir worth mentioning and gonzaga then.
JDS: Nelson, also gonzaga, Cro cop,werdum, Yvel

ans yes ive mentioned in this thread a few time thats its because of wanted to increse cardio. Even in the first post.

Going to be a good match. JDS are the slight odds favorite, so put some money on carwin if you feel certian, If carwin was trhe favorite I would have put some on jds, but now its not worth it

I dunno, I feel like you proved my point. None of the JDS opponents were top of the game apart from Werdum, who's stand-up's a little suspect.

Personally, I'd have preferred shaub v JDS as they're both up and commers trying to earn their shot.

spinnis

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2011, 08:21:40 AM »
I dunno, I feel like you proved my point. None of the JDS opponents were top of the game apart from Werdum, who's stand-up's a little suspect.

Personally, I'd have preferred shaub v JDS as they're both up and commers trying to earn their shot.

shaub only calls out has beens. And imo dissapointed against crocop..

jedibrat

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2011, 08:28:57 AM »
shaub only calls out has beens. And imo dissapointed against crocop..

Maybe he's smart enough to know you get publicity and fans if you beat the big names. I'll agree though, Cro Cop was rejuvinated and looked like he's upped the dose. He has a big hole in his guard when he winds up a high kick and he just has to throw them to keep the fans happy, so now his blessing has become his curse.

spinnis

« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2011, 08:33:34 AM »

Maybe he's smart enough to know you get publicity and fans if you beat the big names. I'll agree though, Cro Cop was rejuvinated and looked like he's upped the dose. He has a big hole in his guard when he winds up a high kick and he just has to throw them to keep the fans happy, so now his blessing has become his curse.

Im a huge crocop fan but im so sick of hearing "HE COULD FINISH THE FIGHT AT ANY TIME WITH THAT HIGHKICK" HAS THE DEADLIEST KICK IN MMA etc etc etc etc,
When he hasn't headkicked no one (and made it count)  since 2006 lol.

jedibrat

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2011, 08:38:43 AM »

Yeah, but he's still marketed as the high kick guru, so he pulls out his bag of tricks. He'd be more effective using the power for leg kicks ala Hardonk

spinnis

« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2011, 08:40:48 AM »
Yeah, but he's still marketed as the high kick guru, so he pulls out his bag of tricks. He'd be more effective using the power for leg kicks ala Hardonk

It sure is, and Im also sure it still messes with his opponents minds

jedibrat

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2011, 08:55:02 AM »
It sure is, and Im also sure it still messes with his opponents minds

You're thinking pat barry.  People said he threw the fight. Seems more like held back from caving in his hero's face.

spinnis

« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2011, 08:56:29 AM »
You're thinking pat barry.  People said he threw the fight. Seems more like held back from caving in his hero's face.

nope.

Im thinking people is always gonna be slightly worried when he moves that leg.

Patt broke Both his Foot and punching hand in the First round. So anyone judging him from post 1 round is a dummy. and he owned crocop in the first.

jedibrat

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2011, 09:00:01 AM »
nope.

Im thinking people is always gonna be slightly worried when he moves that leg.

Patt broke Both his Foot and punching hand in the First round. So anyone judging him from post 1 round is a dummy. and he owned crocop in the first.

Franklin Ko'd chuck with a broken forearm. Maybe barry's conditioning was off? For a veteran guy with some size, cro cop seems to hold out ok.

spinnis

« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2011, 09:04:11 AM »
Franklin Ko'd chuck with a broken forearm. Maybe barry's conditioning was off? For a veteran guy with some size, cro cop seems to hold out ok.

in the same round though?.  barry fought 2 rounds with a broken foot (fucks up the thing hes best at) and his hand.

Barry did not look as impressive as I thought he would in the last fight though. I have Very high hopes for Pat.

jedibrat

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2011, 09:08:52 AM »
in the same round though?.  barry fought 2 rounds with a broken foot (fucks up the thing hes best at) and his hand.

Barry did not look as impressive as I thought he would in the last fight though. I have Very high hopes for Pat.

Who are the big muay thai hopes nowadays? Overreem? Sodallah? Seems like the BJJ/wrestler base rules the top-ends and the kickboxders are a sideshow

spinnis

« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2011, 09:14:05 AM »
Who are the big muay thai hopes nowadays? Overreem? Sodallah? Seems like the BJJ/wrestler base rules the top-ends and the kickboxders are a sideshow

Jose aldo is the nex tbig star with insane muay thai =) (only had two matches in it or something though lol)
but wrestler who switches over and becomes great at striking is the most deadly. or great strikers and great bjj guys (like aldo) and fooooooooooocus on td defence and standing up

Cliff Clavin

• Getbig II
  • It's a little known fact
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2011, 09:20:51 AM »

To put JDS against shaub is blasphemy...JDS will be a top contender in the UFC for the next decade...Shaub will be an afterthought within 2 years...

SgtSpar

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2011, 10:11:50 AM »
Why do people forget, Carwin has not been stopped? Lesnar only got the sub because Carwin was gassed from raining fists on Brock's flabby forearms whilst Brock lay on his back offering no resistance. Ref would have stepped in if Lesnar wasn't the Franchise favourite. Carwin to beat JDS in the first round by KO (same way he wins everything).

I agree that the ref would have stepped in sooner in most fights, but Carwin was stopped.  Tapping out is being stopped anyway you look at it.  Anyway, Carwin's huge "claim to fame" is almost beating Brock.  Brock handles getting hit in the face worse than any pro fighter EVER in MMA.  Cain had him curled up and whimpering like a bitch.  JDS for the easy win.

spinnis

« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2011, 12:46:50 PM »
I havent even seen Nunes fight, But im putting some money on the mfakker for the upset. 3.4x money if he wins I guess americans call it "odds are 340" or something lol.
Only because he seemed SO fucking hungry in the countdown and he has Nothing to loose and kenny might be in over his head with this weightcut thingy.

So hopefully he rocks kenny standing and fishes him of with a TKO!

I put some money on Nelson and Hammil for the upset last even and that went to shit  ;D

and ofc some money on the fellow norwegian Jan olav. 2.6x money on him.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2011, 01:31:59 PM »
Im a huge crocop fan but im so sick of hearing "HE COULD FINISH THE FIGHT AT ANY TIME WITH THAT HIGHKICK" HAS THE DEADLIEST KICK IN MMA etc etc etc etc,

I cant even believe people mention the possibility of a high kick KO from him anymore. CroCop was the scariest mofo on the planet in 2006, now hes old and needs to retire BAD. People just dont think age matters for some reason.

spinnis

« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2011, 01:34:45 PM »
I cant even believe people mention the possibility of a high kick KO from him anymore. CroCop was the scariest mofo on the planet in 2006, now hes old and needs to retire BAD. People just dont think age matters for some reason.

ever.single.time and not only once.

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2011, 02:05:41 PM »
Jose aldo is the nex tbig star with insane muay thai =) (only had two matches in it or something though lol)
but wrestler who switches over and becomes great at striking is the most deadly. or great strikers and great bjj guys (like aldo) and fooooooooooocus on td defence and standing up

Basically everyone then lol.

Cropcop was the mma version of Tyson btw, a destroyer that was good at overwhelming certain guys but had trouble with guys that had the tools to stand up to them and take them out of their comfort zone.
Trans Milkshake.

spinnis

« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2011, 02:09:55 PM »

Basically everyone then lol.

Cropcop was the mma version of Tyson btw, a destroyer that was good at overwhelming certain guys but had trouble with guys that had the tools to stand up to them and take them out of their comfort zone.

there are bjj guys that cant handle wrestlers because of their own sucky wrestling and gets nullified on the ground, or great bjj guy that cannot take down anyone and gets killed standing etc.
Or great kickboxers that has worthless td defence and gets owned that way.

But everyone is getting better at everything so

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2011, 02:13:11 PM »
there are bjj guys that cant handle wrestlers because of their own sucky wrestling and gets nullified on the ground, or great bjj guy that cannot take down anyone and gets killed standing etc.
Or great kickboxers that has worthless td defence and gets owned that way.

But everyone is getting better at everything so

It doesn't matter what your base is, what matters is whether you have the right attributes/ability to learn what you need from the different disciplines, to make a cohesive style.
Trans Milkshake.

spinnis

« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2011, 02:32:49 PM »

It doesn't matter what your base is, what matters is whether you have the right attributes/ability to learn what you need from the different disciplines, to make a cohesive style.

ofc it matters

doesnt have to Make or break you though. Now we're starting to see guys that started training mma since day one, one is in the ufc, cannot remember his name though

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2011, 02:34:36 PM »
ofc it matters

doesnt have to Make or break you though. Now we're starting to see guys that started training mma since day one, one is in the ufc, cannot remember his name though

It doesn't mean shit.

Training everything at once from the offset doesn't mean shit either, you can only be good at what you are good at.
Trans Milkshake.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2011, 02:38:27 PM »

Hahaha, he hasn't been the same since Gonzaga fucked him up, speaking of which Gonzaga should now be named with the deadliest kick in MMA