Author Topic: Who Waz.... win a DVD!  (Read 22734 times)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: WHO WAZ?
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2011, 08:18:22 PM »
I can see where you`d get confused....here`s Haislops pullup pic.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2011, 01:05:30 PM »
WHO WAZ....
JOHN CORVELLO?

ID each of the above and WIN the 'DON'T LOOK UP" DVD.

the REAL CARVALHO

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2011, 04:11:52 PM »
To clarify,Massey died in the crash.......Cooper was not with him, and could still be living today.
cooper died choking on a hotdog.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2011, 04:12:40 PM »
corvello was the first bodybuilder to pose for playgirl.
F

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2011, 05:43:34 PM »
WES, the Haislop shot you posetd did not show up so I am reposting the best one that I can find doing the pullup looking similar to Cooper

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2011, 05:47:42 PM »
WES, Good friends of mine back in the golden years ......

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2011, 05:52:37 PM »
WES, Good friends of mine back in the golden years ......

Did Birdsong stick with Christianity?  I hope so, as I think it would do him some good so long as he actually lived it and not just quoted it.   ;D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2011, 05:59:40 PM »
Birdsong and Jodkiweicz......both early inspirations of mine stunt.

Did you know Dave Mastorakis at all stunt?

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2011, 10:57:18 PM »
REEVES. To the best of my knowledge, "YES!". but I have not seen Bob and his family for a long time. The last time we all gathered for dinner after a contest that was held in Anaheim. Ca. There was a restaurant a few miles south of Disneyland that served huge portions so it did a lot of bodybuilder business.

I think it was Bob who ordered the Turkey Platter which consisted of half a turkey and all the trimmings. This place was always full of laughing patrons because the portions were always rediculously huge.

Any one able to recall the name of that place?

WES...I attended a contest (IFBB Mr. International) with Bob and fellow gym members in Tiajuana which Bob easily won. Bob was the most solid and dense competitor of his era most definitely.

That was the same event where Sergio stood up and challenged Arnold to a posedown... but I've told that story earlier.

The final results were announced before evening time so everyone visited the pharmacies and within 2 hours, the pharmacies were out of inventory.

I never did meet Dave, WES, but I think I might have seem him compete at one time or another

Here's a photo I found on the net

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2011, 02:00:36 AM »
That was when the Mr. International was put on by Eddie Sylvester..............w aaay back when.

Birdsong had some crazy forearm development.

Mastorakis was from my hometown,but moved to Venice and became one of the first personal trainers.............tra ined a lot of movie and TV stars.

He`s back home in Mass. now.........great guy.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2011, 07:43:33 AM »
WES, the Haislop shot you posetd did not show up so I am reposting the best one that I can find doing the pullup looking similar to Cooper
haislop chinning.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2011, 07:45:10 AM »
That was when the Mr. International was put on by Eddie Sylvester..............w aaay back when.

Birdsong had some crazy forearm development.

Mastorakis was from my hometown,but moved to Venice and became one of the first personal trainers.............tra ined a lot of movie and TV stars.

He`s back home in Mass. now.........great guy.
i saw birdsong in allentown once guys forearms were amazing.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2011, 07:46:11 AM »
birdsong tris
F

Lord of the Roidz

• Getbig III
« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2011, 07:52:19 AM »
Is it true in the old days, before he was 'Born Again"..that Bob Birdsong did some gay hustling? I've heard rumors.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2011, 09:24:33 AM »
True.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2011, 09:26:17 AM »
Good old school thread!!! :)

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2011, 06:17:08 PM »
True.

Yup.  Recall hearing about him or another of the Gold's regulars having a shit fit when someone put up a photo of them from a film or photo shoot. 

Stuntmovie, I am trying to think of the restaurant but keep coming up with a personal fave of mine.  Roscoe's House of Chicken and Waffles.  Between that and the chicken restaurant at Knott's, I managed to become quite the roly poly.    Good news to hear about Bob, as I have know more than a few people that became Christians and stuck to their new values and live better lives because of their faith being genuine.   

Speaking of cool places to eat, I recently had lunch and breakfast at Mel's drive-in on Sunset.  Great food, personal service and wonderful atmosphere.  Had the steak and eggs special both times. 

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Who Waz.... win a DVD!
« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2011, 06:30:35 PM »
Yup.  Recall hearing about him or another of the Gold's regulars having a shit fit when someone put up a photo of them from a film or photo shoot. 

Stuntmovie, I am trying to think of the restaurant but keep coming up with a personal fave of mine.  Roscoe's House of Chicken and Waffles.  Between that and the chicken restaurant at Knott's, I managed to become quite the roly poly.    Good news to hear about Bob, as I have know more than a few people that became Christians and stuck to their new values and live better lives because of their faith being genuine.   

Speaking of cool places to eat, I recently had lunch and breakfast at Mel's drive-in on Sunset.  Great food, personal service and wonderful atmosphere.  Had the steak and eggs special both times. 

C`mon Reeves,I`m on a diet and that food sounds good!!  :(