Author Topic: UFC 131 - Holy sh*t - Junior Dos Santos!!!  (Read 23870 times)

coltrane

• Getbig IV
Re: UFC 131 - Holy sh*t - Junior Dos Santos!!!
« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2011, 06:30:06 AM »
He's not a cheat if he makes weight. 

suckmymuscle

« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2011, 01:16:32 PM »
He's not a cheat if he makes weight. 

Did his arms and legs also shrink to the length of those of his rivals too?

SUCKMYMUSCLE

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2011, 01:53:47 PM »
  Did his arms and legs also shrink to the length of those of his rivals too?

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Please.  Jones makes weight.  He'd be a small HW regardless.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2011, 03:22:49 PM »
Please.  Jones makes weight.  He'd be a small HW regardless.

Yeah, because weight is all that matters. The fact that your arms and legs are twice the length of your opponents and you can hit them without them being able to hit you back means nothing. And they used to say Overeem would be a small heavyweight if he tried to move up back in PRIDE also. A guy who is 6'4 like Jones with his wrist girth can be a huge heavyweight if he wants to. He can realistically be over 270 lbs without being overweight if he wants to.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2011, 07:43:20 PM »
 Yeah, because weight is all that matters.

SUCKMYMUSCLE
Exactly, that's why there is weight classes and not "arms length" classes.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

suckmymuscle

« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2011, 08:40:17 PM »
Exactly, that's why there is weight classes and not "arms length" classes.

And of course, the people who decided that fighters should be divided exclusively by weight were infallible geniuses.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Maddy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigs Watchdog
« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2011, 09:47:30 PM »

pedro are you this argumentative
in real life?

suckmymuscle

« Reply #82 on: June 28, 2011, 08:17:08 AM »

pedro are you this argumentative
in real life?

I think it is poetic that you chose the picture of a bitch for your avatar. That suits you perfectly. :)

SUCKMYUSCLE

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: June 28, 2011, 08:20:19 AM »
 Yeah, because weight is all that matters. The fact that your arms and legs are twice the length of your opponents and you can hit them without them being able to hit you back means nothing. And they used to say Overeem would be a small heavyweight if he tried to move up back in PRIDE also. A guy who is 6'4 like Jones with his wrist girth can be a huge heavyweight if he wants to. He can realistically be over 270 lbs without being overweight if he wants to.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Dude, you said he was cheating.  Explain to me how Jones is cheating?  Because he's got a long reach?  STFU.  It's a total advantage.. but then again so is being a BJJ black belt..  or having great cardio. 

The only thing that matters is making weight.  You're chasing ghosts in your argument here. 

suckmymuscle

« Reply #84 on: June 28, 2011, 02:21:17 PM »
Dude, you said he was cheating.  Explain to me how Jones is cheating?  Because he's got a long reach?  STFU.  It's a total advantage.. but then again so is being a BJJ black belt..  or having great cardio.

Yeah, except that having a BJJ black belt or great cardio are under your control, whilst there's nothing you can do to increase your reach. Like sheer mass and thus strength, reach is one of those advantages that makes for unfair fights. I don't care watching a heavyweight beating up a lightweight because there is no skill involved. Likewise, I don't care about watching a 6'4 guy with twice the reach of a 5'10 guy beating the shorter guy up because he can't hit back.  

The only thing that matters is making weight.  You're chasing ghosts in your argument here. 
[/quote]

Then let's get rid of weight classes too. greater reach is as much an advantage if not more than greater weight. So, since reach doesen't matter because it is "just an advantage like having a BJJ black belt or great cardio", following your line of reasoning greater weight is just an advantage too. So let's get rid of it. A guy with twice the reach of another fighting him is as retarded as two opponents with a weight difference of 50 lbs fighting.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2011, 05:14:46 PM »
SMM, go ahead and write the athletic commission and plead your case to get rid of weight classes. While you're at it see if they'll banish those silly gloves, head stomping a downed opponent and rounds also, they should just go until somebody drops.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

suckmymuscle

« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2011, 09:08:21 PM »
SMM, go ahead and write the athletic commission and plead your case to get rid of weight classes. While you're at it see if they'll banish those silly gloves, head stomping a downed opponent and rounds also, they should just go until somebody drops.

Idiot, I was criticizing Coltrane's(and yours) retarded argument that reach doesen't matter because it is just another advantage like knowing BJJ or having good cardio. So I pointed out that more weight is also just another advantage as well. So if fighters shouldn't be divided by reach, they shouldn't be divided by weight either. Same shit.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: June 29, 2011, 05:38:27 AM »
Yo bro, I never said reach doesn't matter!  Quit making shit up asshole.  I most definitely said that it's part of the game.. along with BJJ, etc. 

You're the one whose gone on to say that Jones is cheating bc he's not fighting HW. 

He's only cheating if he's not making weight.  Do I need to copy a link to the commissioned rules for you to read?

Short reach, long reach, speed, great leg kicks, awesome TDD, etc, are all skills/characteristics of a great fighter.  However, MORON, they don't matter at this point.  The only thing that matters is making weight. 

You have GOT to be one of the most stupid posters on this site ever.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #88 on: June 29, 2011, 09:02:39 AM »
Yo bro, I never said reach doesn't matter!  Quit making shit up asshole.  I most definitely said that it's part of the game.. along with BJJ, etc.  

You're the one whose gone on to say that Jones is cheating bc he's not fighting HW.  

He's only cheating if he's not making weight.  Do I need to copy a link to the commissioned rules for you to read?

Short reach, long reach, speed, great leg kicks, awesome TDD, etc, are all skills/characteristics of a great fighter.  However, MORON, they don't matter at this point.  The only thing that matters is making weight.  

You have GOT to be one of the most stupid posters on this site ever.

You have got to be THE stupidest poster in all boards. Answer me, asshole, how is having a weight advantage any different from having a reach advantage? Why should one matter and the other don't? What is it that makes weight difference so important that fighters are separated by weight classes but not reach? Having twice the reach of your opponent is as great or even greater an advantage than having an extra 20 lbs on him. Why the fuck can't you understand this simple concept? :-\

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2011, 09:05:13 AM »
  "Coltrane" is truly one son of a bitch. Retarded guy doesen't understand shit no matter how many times I explain it to him. He keeps insisting on the same stupid points I have already addressed and dismissed and doesen't even understand the point I am making.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: June 29, 2011, 09:14:49 AM »
Why don't you cry about it ???

Weight advantage > reach advantage.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #91 on: June 29, 2011, 10:15:48 AM »
Suck:  This ISN'T about which is the better advantage.  (even if it was, weight advantage is better than reach)

YOU said that Jones was "a cheater".  Isn't that what you typed?  Or do I have to go back and put it in front of you.  I am just responding to THAT comment.

The rules say NOTHING about someones reach etc.  All a fighter needs to do is make weight.

Therefore, Jones ISN"T a cheater you fucking moronic dipshit.

Honestly you shouldn't be allowed to post on this thread.  Seriously.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #92 on: June 29, 2011, 10:28:02 AM »
Regardless, let's stop arguing.  It's annoying and a waste of time anyway.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #93 on: June 29, 2011, 12:50:56 PM »
Suck:  This ISN'T about which is the better advantage.  (even if it was, weight advantage is better than reach)

YOU said that Jones was "a cheater".  Isn't that what you typed?  Or do I have to go back and put it in front of you.  I am just responding to THAT comment.

The rules say NOTHING about someones reach etc.  All a fighter needs to do is make weight.

Therefore, Jones ISN"T a cheater you fucking moronic dipshit.

Honestly you shouldn't be allowed to post on this thread.  Seriously.

Coltrane, I would address you further if you weren't such a ridiculous imbecile. My point has nothing to do with the rules as they are.

My point(listen carefully, retard) is that you claimed that reach is just another advantage like knowing BJJ or having great cardio. My point is that weighting more is another advantage just like having better cardio or knowing BJJ. So, going by your retard logic, since reach doesen't matter, then weight doesen't matter either and we should abolish weight classes. Understand now, moron? I am just following your retarded line of reasoning you stupid f.a.g.g.o.t.

The nerve of a dumbass like yourself who is clearly less intelligent than me calling me stupid. I shouldn't be allowed to post in this thread? You shouldn't have been allowed to live. Seriously, your mother should have aborted you.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #94 on: June 29, 2011, 12:59:12 PM »
Regardless of the fact that i've owned you in this thread in that i've shown you he's not a "cheat", you can't really think he should fight at HW, do you?

He probably could get to 230 tops.  I think he wouldn't compete well against a lot of the true HWs out there.

They really should divide HW into two separate divisions, one being HW 230, the other being Super HW for those above 230.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #95 on: June 29, 2011, 01:01:49 PM »
Regardless of the fact that i've owned you in this thread in that i've shown you he's not a "cheat", you can't really think he should fight at HW, do you?

He probably could get to 230 tops.  I think he wouldn't compete well against a lot of the true HWs out there.

They really should divide HW into two separate divisions, one being HW 230, the other being Super HW for those above 230.

Read my above post, moron. You might learn something. Owned me? Wow. Idiot fucker.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #96 on: June 29, 2011, 01:02:55 PM »
 Read my above post, moron. You might learn something. Owned me? Wow. Idiot fucker.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

he did own you.  you're just too stupid to realize it.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #97 on: June 29, 2011, 04:27:26 PM »
he did own you.  you're just too stupid to realize it.

How is attacking something that I never claimed in the first place owning me ??? Epic strawman. I was just pointing out his retarded logic in claiming that reach doesen't matter since it is an advantage like knowing BJJ. Weight is also just an advantage like reach or knowing BJJ, so why should one matter and not the others? He owned me my ass. You are just too stupid and biased to see that.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #98 on: June 29, 2011, 04:49:11 PM »
What a ridiculous argument to maintain. Reach is only 1 of the many variables that affect a fight, especially if a fighter knows how to use it. I have seen many fighters with shorter reaches make light work of bigger opponents - Igor is a prime example.

Weight classes are the fairest way to split the fighters & the only thing i would say is that to be absolutely on the ball the weighin should be on the afternoon of the fight. Ultimately a weight advantage isnt necessarily going to win you a fight, once again we have had hundreds of examples of this in the past and many more to come in future.

People scrape the most ridiculous excuses out of the bottom of the barrel when they dislike a certain fighter, why is Kendall grove being constantly manhandled @ 185 when he could very well be fighting as a HW. It doesnt matter because he makes the 185 limit through his own choice and complies with all of the necessary requirements to compete as a MW.

End of story.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #99 on: June 29, 2011, 05:04:17 PM »
What a ridiculous argument to maintain. Reach is only 1 of the many variables that affect a fight, especially if a fighter knows how to use it. I have seen many fighters with shorter reaches make light work of bigger opponents - Igor is a prime example.

Weight classes are the fairest way to split the fighters & the only thing i would say is that to be absolutely on the ball the weighin should be on the afternoon of the fight. Ultimately a weight advantage isnt necessarily going to win you a fight, once again we have had hundreds of examples of this in the past and many more to come in future.

People scrape the most ridiculous excuses out of the bottom of the barrel when they dislike a certain fighter, why is Kendall grove being constantly manhandled @ 185 when he could very well be fighting as a HW. It doesnt matter because he makes the 185 limit through his own choice and complies with all of the necessary requirements to compete as a MW.

End of story.

He argued that reach doesen't matter because it is just an advantage like knowing BJJ. But weighting more is just another advantage, too. I am not debating which is more relevant, but criticizing his line of reasoning which leads us to conclude that there shouldn't be weight classes either if he makes the argument that no advantage should matter. This is what we logically conclude from reading his ignorant reasoning. What upsets me is this moron claiming that he owned me for disproving something I never claimed. I never questioned that according to the current MMA rules that weight is all that matters. I was questioning his line of reasoning and what it leads us to conclude. Epic strawman...

SUCKMYMUSCLE