Author Topic: Keto diet  (Read 14657 times)

Meso_z

• Getbig V
Re: Keto diet
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2011, 11:49:31 AM »
bump

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2011, 12:07:05 PM »
bump

Recap:

Keto means eat fats and protein. Stops cravings. You get headaches. Then you're ok. But you're flat and lack energy. And you don't get to eat anything yummy. And you're small.

Just get gh and eat anything you want.

/thread.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2011, 02:35:50 PM »
They are ok. "Oven Stalkerpani" doesnt recommend them though. He believes they are "unhealthy"... yet, massive amounts of medicines circulate into his bloodstream. well..

Great, that makes the diet easier  ;D (Hi fatpanda)

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2011, 06:41:08 PM »
Recap:

Keto means eat fats and protein. Stops cravings. You get headaches. Then you're ok. But you're flat and lack energy. And you don't get to eat anything yummy. And you're small.

/thread.

Great post.

bladerunner

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2011, 07:55:36 PM »
Recap:

/thread.

this

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2011, 08:50:47 PM »
cant believe some retards on here. why do you think our brains use carbs as energy, and that our muscle use glycogen (carbs) as energy too? wake up. btw, i tried it, just to see what it did, and it sucks.  no energy, FLAT like pancake, only thing its good for is to get a ripped face fast!

You're right, the brain and our muscles naturally fuel on glycogen but they will switch to relying on Ketones when glycogen isn't present. Most all guys who have a serious lack of energy on a keto diet do so because they're not taking in enough good fat. While most any diet below 50g of carbs per day is technically a keto diet if it is not high enough in fat to meet your daily needs you'll feel like absolute crap. However, if enough fat is present, although your energy won't be spiked it will be even and constant.

As far as the flat look, yes initially this will be true but if you stay on a good keto diet long enough and get lean enough you'll notice your muscles will start looking fuller and on the days you do eat carbs you'll notice the full look you obtain last much longer from one simple meal of carbs than it normally does.

I'm on keto right now its great for shaping up. I have an all carb meal once every 10 days which is 4 donuts and ice cream. This seemed to stop my legs and arms going skinny but still loose fat. Haven't shit in days though

A very common problem for some guys on a keto diet, that's why most need a good fiber supplement. Besides, a good fiber supplement is a good thing whether you're on a keto diet or not as it helps keep you flushed out and just simply feeling better.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2011, 09:11:01 PM »
all guys who have a serious lack of energy on a keto diet do so because they're not taking in enough good fat.

Can you give some examples of "good" fats?

Thanks,
"1"

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2011, 09:14:19 PM »
I can't fucking sleep on keto! Anyone else notice this? I can barely put a coherent sentence together, and talk walk and think like a zombie, hot as heck all the time AND THEN AT NIGHT I CAN'T SLEEP MORE THAN 3-4 HOURS STRAIGHT. Bad nightmares as well...

Anyone??

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2011, 09:15:38 PM »
Also I am fucking dehydrated all day, no matter how much water I drink. My eyes are like burning, like I have been in the sun...

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2011, 09:18:11 PM »
Also I am fucking dehydrated all day, no matter how much water I drink. My eyes are like burning, like I have been in the sun...

Cut the Jack Daniel's down to 4 liters a day, Mike.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2011, 09:45:55 PM »
Cut the Jack Daniel's down to 4 liters a day, Mike.

haha only when it becomes less delicious  :D

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2011, 11:31:49 PM »
Can you give some examples of "good" fats?

Thanks,
"1"

Whole Eggs, almonds, cashews, walnuts, peanut butter, steak, preferably fillet, salmon, fish oils, olive oil, etc.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2011, 06:19:53 AM »
Ive heard its hard to take a shit on keto.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2011, 06:25:33 AM »

I've never really done the hardcore Atkins 80% fat 20% protein kind of keto, when i do low carb i never went without lots of veggies, that keeps the shit going.

I tried it once, only cheese, ham, meat, tuna, was fun for 3 days, then i couldn't stand the greasy shit anymore...

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2011, 07:50:26 AM »

My shit is way better than before...

I have problems when I eat a lot of shit stuff which contains of course carbs,

a) Massive heartburn which fucks up any day
b) Bad digestion, soft shit in the morning - just not good

As soon as I am reducing the carbs I am a okay, no smelly poos no heartburn etc.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2011, 07:52:26 AM »
As long as you can maintain most of your strength and don't get carb cravings, keto is fine.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2011, 08:28:39 AM »
As long as you can maintain most of your strength and don't get carb cravings, keto is fine.

Working flawlessly for me. I actually have to force myself to eat carbs haha. A friend of my moms bought me a burrito and regular soda and I sat there and picked at it till she walked away, dumped the soda out and gave the burrito to the dogs...Fuck that!

Slept better last night than I have since starting keto a week or so ago. I have done keto before...Got 4 hours last night, without waking up! Cardio was a breeze, and I feel great right now.

Keep on keepin on, and praise the Lord.

notsureifsrs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2011, 08:53:54 AM »
Working flawlessly for me. I actually have to force myself to eat carbs haha. A friend of my moms bought me a burrito and regular soda and I sat there and picked at it till she walked away, dumped the soda out and gave the burrito to the dogs...Fuck that!

Slept better last night than I have since starting keto a week or so ago. I have done keto before...Got 4 hours last night, without waking up! Cardio was a breeze, and I feel great right now.

Keep on keepin on, and praise the Lord.
Same here
i was always high carbs high protein low fat
once i realized im getting very bloofy from water i dropped carbs and bumped fat intake and it feels much better sleep better, im getting much more stronger while getting leaner, tbh dumps even better on high carb days (as re-feed) i can't shit.

but who needs all that shit when you can just up the dose  ;D

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2011, 09:16:18 AM »
Same here
i was always high carbs high protein low fat
once i realized im getting very bloofy from water i dropped carbs and bumped fat intake and it feels much better sleep better, im getting much more stronger while getting leaner, tbh dumps even better on high carb days (as re-feed) i can't shit.

but who needs all that shit when you can just up the dose  ;D

I can't up dosages of things I am not taking...

Team Diver

• Getbig IV
  • Squeeeeze!!!
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2011, 09:25:03 AM »
as some "gurus" here at Getbig claim that protein is not really needed for muscle building, it's just a scam, I begin to think that the ultimate diet is 100% fat. Am I right?

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2011, 09:42:50 AM »
as some "gurus" here at Getbig claim that protein is not really needed for muscle building, it's just a scam, I begin to think that the ultimate diet is 100% fat. Am I right?
Try the "fatpanda diet".

50% fat, 50% carbs

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2011, 05:43:17 PM »
the fastest diet I ever leaned out in my life was this a while back. Looked like shit though lol but I did keep my muscle regardless of being flat as hell.

6 omega-3 eggs, 1 cup wild blueberries and a couple strawberries

12 oz. flounder, green vegetables

12 oz.  chicken, green vegetables

12 oz. scallops or lean steak, green vegetables

1 gallon water a day
cheat meal 1 or 2 times a week

l

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2011, 10:18:06 PM »
Keto was meant for obese non-athletes. TKD is what we bodybuilders are after. Works perfectly. Use fruit for carbs around training time, pre-wo and pwo only.

MM2K

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2011, 11:35:08 PM »
The Keto Diet for bodybuilders seems very promising. I think Im going to try it. I have a question. You guys seem to by implying in this thread that it is only unsaturated fat that is allowed and not saturated fat.  But I have seen some bodybuilding keto sample diets that include only scrambled eggs and bacon. Is some saturated fat allowed as long as I dont go crazy with it?

I have seen that there are two kinds of keto. The one where you only take in carbs during the weekends and dont take any after training during the week, and the ones where you only take in carbs before and after training, but you dont have any full carb loading days. Which ones do you think is better? Is it possible to try a hybrid of the two?
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

suckmymuscle

« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2011, 01:26:38 AM »
So I am 3 weeks on Keto diet, I have maybe maybe 30g carbs a day but chances are I am well below that.
I have been told that you feel slightly sick or what ever when your body kicks into the Ketosis.

However I never had that feeling, had my first cheat meal yesterday with a good size full of Sushi.

Why don't I feel craving etc?

Here is what I usualy

Breakfast:
Omelette - 6 Eggs 3 full 3 eggwhites only - Cheese, spices

Second meal:
Salad - Chicken with a mixed - Olive Oil and Balsamico sauce

Third meal:
Protein shake

Fourth meal:
Salad - Chicken with a mixed - Olive Oil and Balsamico sauce

Last meal evening:
Steak, mince meat etc.

Thoughts?

I tried keto diet years ago and it is terrible. I felt like shit with no energy and always dizzy from all my blood being on my stomach instead of my brain to metabolize all that fat. All my health markers got worse except for plasma glucose level which became a little better. My HDL declined only slightly, but my LDL shot through the roof. My urine also became acid and the exam showed unusually high levels of ammonia in my urine. After two weeks, my liver inflammed and I had jaundice and had to stop the diet due to medical problems.

I don't believe that Humans were made to subsist on protein and fats. We are not lions or other obligate carnivores. Eating carbs, even the healthiest ones, do cause plasma glucose swings and increases insulin resistence which doesen't happen in the keto diet. True. But overall I feel that a diet where your energy comes mostly from complex carbs with lean proteins and monoinsturated fats is better for you in the long run than the keto diet. For a diabetic, though, the keto diet might be ideal as long as the diabetic makes sure he prioritizes lean meats over fatty cuts and bacon and makes sure he eats his greens to alkalinize his body from all the acid he is getting from all that protein.

SUCKMYMUSCLE