Author Topic: Vince Goodrum and his blue stars  (Read 6029 times)

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
Re: Vince Goodrum and his blue stars
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2011, 03:01:04 AM »
vince goodrum deserves blue star like i deserve to be a drug counselor

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2011, 04:56:29 AM »
One of the greatest decisions Ron Avidan ever made was not giving Vince his blue stars, over the last few years it has provided much entertainment...No offense to Vince, I love reading the next thread he comes out with, but not giving him his blue stars is comedic genius, way to go Ron, and way to go Vince, you are one of the reasons this place is so much fun....

I've said this plenty of times and while I've joked a bunch of times about it, I don't need Ron's acknowledgement whatsoever to know that I'm a competitor.  I've got a big bronze trophy and a plaque sitting in my office  that I can stare at all day if I wanted to.  Getting blue stars doesn't magically open up some new world or anything...... ::)  

Its sort of like the moderators on RX Muscle.  They think that they are better than everyone else because  Palumbo makes them a Deputeee and/or Shuriffe of the board but the fact is that once they turn off the computer or log off the site, they have to go back to their pathetic lives whether its SallyAnne doing her Vega Valentine act of putting schmoes in headsissors for drugs and money or Curt James going around to Planet Fitness begging for the desk clerk to set off the "Lunk Alarm".

I gave it my best in competing, trained my ass off and dieted hard and while I came up short of my goals, I had fun doing it and now its over with.  At least I did better than the folks that past judgement over the computer.... ::)

I got a decent business, I grew a nice beard on my face, my garden is banging out some huge ass veggies, I'm cooking huge ass steaks on the grill, and most importantly I live the good life.  I can live what that

Of course, Ron still has to pay for my lunch the next time I'm in CA as agreed upon and he better bring a lot of money because I eat a lot..... ;D
A

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2011, 05:09:09 AM »
well spoken for a gay guy,,,,good job
I've said this plenty of times and while I've joked a bunch of times about it, I don't need Ron's acknowledgement whatsoever to know that I'm a competitor.  I've got a big bronze trophy and a plaque sitting in my office  that I can stare at all day if I wanted to.  Getting blue stars doesn't magically open up some new world or anything...... ::)  

Its sort of like the moderators on RX Muscle.  They think that they are better than everyone else because  Palumbo makes them a Deputeee and/or Shuriffe of the board but the fact is that once they turn off the computer or log off the site, they have to go back to their pathetic lives whether its SallyAnne doing her Vega Valentine act of putting schmoes in headsissors for drugs and money or Curt James going around to Planet Fitness begging for the desk clerk to set off the "Lunk Alarm".

I gave it my best in competing, trained my ass off and dieted hard and while I came up short of my goals, I had fun doing it and now its over with.  At least I did better than the folks that past judgement over the computer.... ::)

I got a decent business, I grew a nice beard on my face, my garden is banging out some huge ass veggies, I'm cooking huge ass steaks on the grill, and most importantly I live the good life.  I can live what that

Of course, Ron still has to pay for my lunch the next time I'm in CA as agreed upon and he better bring a lot of money because I eat a lot..... ;D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2011, 05:10:15 AM »

What you growing out there Vince?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2011, 05:28:35 AM »
What you growing out there Vince?

Tomatoes, Bell Peppers, Zuchinni, Yellow Squash, Cucumbers, Peppers, Basil, Romaine Lettuce, and Spinich.    
A

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2011, 05:29:55 AM »
I've said this plenty of times and while I've joked a bunch of times about it, I don't need Ron's acknowledgement whatsoever to know that I'm a competitor.  I've got a big bronze trophy and a plaque sitting in my office  that I can stare at all day if I wanted to.  Getting blue stars doesn't magically open up some new world or anything...... ::) ...

I got a decent business, ...

You have an amazing ability to ignore all the abuse you get here. Good for you! The problem is that this ability also seems to be linked to a total lack of ability for accurate self-assessment. Have you reflected self-critically regarding WHY people give you such a hard time? My guess is that it never occurred to you that there may be some truth in it when people say that you are not a proper bodybuilder.

The lack of blue stars is in reality a very big problem for you- at least as a proxy or sign of the total lack of respect people have for you as a bodybuilder and also regarding your views on diet and training.

If people had more respect for you, your business would be immensely more successful and YOU would be much more successful. Those lacking blue stars is the sign of your failure.

NN

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2011, 06:29:08 AM »
You have an amazing ability to ignore all the abuse you get here. Good for you! The problem is that this ability also seems to be linked to a total lack of ability for accurate self-assessment. Have you reflected self-critically regarding WHY people give you such a hard time? My guess is that it never occurred to you that there may be some truth in it when people say that you are not a proper bodybuilder.

The lack of blue stars is in reality a very big problem for you- at least as a proxy or sign of the total lack of respect people have for you as a bodybuilder and also regarding your views on diet and training.

If people had more respect for you, your business would be immensely more successful and YOU would be much more successful. Those lacking blue stars is the sign of your failure.

NN

There's no value whatsoever in having blue competitor stars on Getbig.  It doesn't make me more successful, its not going to get me anymore respect, doesn't stop jackass from talking shit about me, and it doesn't make me more important or better than anyone else.

In addition, Ron has already acknowledged me as a bodybuilding competitor.  Here's the proof here.  Hell, if he didn't like me then he certainly would not have given me his cell number.   
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=266378.0 

Ultimately, its just not really that important because even if and when Ron gives me some blue competitor stars, it won't change anyone's perception of me.  I'll still get the same old shit talk that Chick gets with his pro stars....... ;D 

A

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2011, 06:43:26 AM »
I think Vince should get his stars. Granted, he has the genetics of a retarded howler monkey and the muscularity of a kwashiorkor victim, but he did, amongst all the cries of laughter, have the stupidi ... eh, guts to drag his muscle-less carcass onto a stage and STORM into last place, time and time again. He has now 'retired' from little BumFuck 'classic' shows and perennial last place finishes, with a bronze 2 buck statue for his 'hard work' to show the non-believers.

Yes, not even Stephen King can conjure up a more delusional character than Vince Goodrum, but he DID step on stage and therefore he should be given his stars, recognition and acceptance he so desperately craves.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2011, 06:43:59 AM »
I want red,white,and blue stars 8)

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2011, 06:50:06 AM »
Ultimately, its just not really that important because even if and when Ron gives me some blue competitor stars, it won't change anyone's perception of me.  I'll still get the same old shit talk that Chick gets with his pro stars....... ;D 

The point was not that it will change how you are perceived.. Please read again!

NN

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2011, 06:52:43 AM »
Vince is not a competitior, he is an 'also ran', and he sucks at it.

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2011, 07:23:19 AM »
Ron doesn't care about us.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2011, 07:28:13 AM »
I think Vince should get his stars. Granted, he has the genetics of a retarded howler monkey and the muscularity of a kwashiorkor victim, but he did, amongst all the cries of laughter, have the stupidi ... eh, guts to drag his muscle-less carcass onto a stage and STORM into last place, time and time again. He has now 'retired' from little BumFuck 'classic' shows and perennial last place finishes, with a bronze 2 buck statue for his 'hard work' to show the non-believers.

Yes, not even Stephen King can conjure up a more delusional character than Vince Goodrum, but he DID step on stage and therefore he should be given his stars, recognition and acceptance he so desperately craves.

I may have been mechanically disadvantaged with a short torso and long arms but I made the best of it and quite frankly I wasn't as gruesome as some people have portrayed me to me.  I did everything I could to win and I didn't complain or bitch about losing or my placings.

I got knocked down by a lot of people but I still got right back up.  That's what life is all about.        
A

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2011, 07:30:51 AM »
So you done competing now? If so, what's next for you? NPC judge?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2011, 07:37:20 AM »
So you done competing now? If so, what's next for you? NPC judge?

Yes, I'm done competing.  I'm opening up an online organic grocery store in a few months and eventually a PT studio/nutrition shop next year.  Not sure about judging though but I'll always be involved in some way with bodybuilding. 
A

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2011, 08:43:37 AM »
Yes, I'm done competing.  I'm opening up an online organic grocery store in a few months and eventually a PT studio/nutrition shop next year.  Not sure about judging though but I'll always be involved in some way with bodybuilding. 

Haha the only way you are 'involved' is because you continually chime in when no thought or question is ever directed at you.  
You are the proof that bodybuilding is not a sport, as sport requires a skill set which if it could be quantified for bodybuilding, you would possess no attributes.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2011, 08:57:41 AM »
Tomatoes, Bell Peppers, Zuchinni, Yellow Squash, Cucumbers, Peppers, Basil, Romaine Lettuce, and Spinich.    
What no watermelons?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2011, 09:03:00 AM »
What no watermelons?

Very funny but I'll let you slide since you're laid up in the hospital right now.  Do you know how hard it is to grow a fucking watermelon???   
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2011, 09:03:42 AM »
Haha the only way you are 'involved' is because you continually chime in when no thought or question is ever directed at you.  
You are the proof that bodybuilding is not a sport, as sport requires a skill set which if it could be quantified for bodybuilding, you would possess no attributes.

Bodybuilding has never been a sport......... ::)
A

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2011, 09:10:06 AM »

Very funny but I'll let you slide since you're laid up in the hospital right now.  Do you know how hard it is to grow a fucking watermelon???   
I got out Tuesday...Tell us how to grow a watermelon.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2011, 09:12:30 AM »
Is the body building bronze statue supposed to look better than the competitor that won it? Serious question..

Largerthanlife

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2011, 01:03:22 PM »
Vince is a victim of racism sadly on this board, Ron time to give him his stars, or your credibility to acknowledge what he did is on the line.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2011, 01:07:18 PM »
Vince is a victim of racism sadly on this board, Ron time to give him his stars, or your credibility to acknowledge what he did is on the line.

racism? lolololololololololol!

w8m8

« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2011, 01:19:15 PM »

shoving them up your ass?

"fuck off tar face, this is a green grocery store, not a sex shop"

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2011, 01:23:50 PM »
I agree, give him his blue stars Ron...and while you're at it throw some up for me.

Coach why don't you have blue stars? You've competed a couple times and actually train people. What gives?