Author Topic: CM Punk?  (Read 19350 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: CM Punk?
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2011, 03:49:07 AM »
The Cena shit is so fucking played out..its been what, 5 years of the same old shit? 

Hmm...sounds familiar, doesn't it?
I suspect they'll give the Cena character a reboot when the time is right.
Right now, I think he's still popular enough with enough people.

Once he loses favor with his base and his merchandise sales drop, then I expect to see them change things up with him.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2011, 10:53:02 AM »
He can easily become as big a heel as Hollywood. People will love to hate him. He does a double cross and turns on the children and soldiers. Everyone will hate him.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe this willl happen when he wrestles the Rock...boos get soo bad that he comes on Raw the next night and tells Cenantion to go to Hell! Maybe have him start a heel stable with Christian and Miz. Few months later Miz turns face and starts a feud with Cena for a few months, not one show.

I remember back in the 80's they would have storylines forever, one of the early ones was MSG, Hogan vs Savage, went on for 3 months...

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2011, 02:19:06 PM »
I was thinking the same thing. Maybe this willl happen when he wrestles the Rock...boos get soo bad that he comes on Raw the next night and tells Cenantion to go to Hell!

It would be an easy turn.
With all of the natural heat Cena already has, he's got more than enough justification to turn his back on the people.

joseywaleshhh

• Getbig II
« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2011, 09:38:55 AM »
A bit off topic here, but I read recently that Impact Wrestling (TNA) was offering some Punk's matches On Demand. Did he ever work for them? I checked out his Wikipedia page and didn't see any mention of it.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2011, 12:16:35 PM »
According to a report by The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, CM Punk is only being given a "basic framework" of what they want him to say on television. Unlike others in the company, he is being allowed to come up with his own wording instead of writers scripting it out word-for-word.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2011, 02:53:51 PM »
According to a report by The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, CM Punk is only being given a "basic framework" of what they want him to say on television. Unlike others in the company, he is being allowed to come up with his own wording instead of writers scripting it out word-for-word.

I hope they continue and expand this trend.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2011, 03:57:17 PM »
^^^agreed

- WWE Champion CM Punk spoke with Mark Madden on his Pittsburgh radio show this past Monday to promote SummerSlam. Punk was asked if he now has creative control in WWE. Punk said he doesn't like that term and said control is bad. He noted that he has input now but added that everyone always has input. Madden asked Punk if things have really change in WWE or if it's just another McMahon being the star of the show.

"I think things aren't going to change over night," Punk said. "A few little things have already changed. Just the face they're listening to different people is a step in the right direction. It's going to take a while. Obviously I'm one who's an advocate for any kind of change. Getting guys like Zack Ryder on TV is a step in the right direction. He's entertaining, that's the bottom line. Is he going to main event WrestleMania this year? No. Maybe he will in a couple of years, you never know. I'm just happy what little change has been implemented thus far has been implemented."

Punk says people have been making comparisons to what's happening now and the Attitude Era but added that he isn't trying to fill Steve Austin's shoes. Punk is trying to do something completely different - make it fun again, he said. Punk said he hopes he is making everyone tune in next week to see what's going on because that's his goal.

Regarding John Cena, Punk acknowledged that he has said some nasty things about his SummerSlam opponent but put him over as someone who loves what he does and a hard worker for WWE. Punk said everything he has said about "Dwayne" is absolutely 100% true.
"I'm in a position now where I think I can call guys out on it,"

*Punk said about The Rock. "I have no personal problems against Dwayne. It's very frustrating being here and watch a guy come in and get credit for a WrestleMania buyrate when he didn't do anything on the show. He certainly didn't do anything entertaining. There's a line he crossed at some point where I think he is just as out of touch as the Vince McMahons and everybody else. I'm not calling Rock old, he's still obviously a young physical fit guy but his ideas are old and his shtick is corny in my opinion.

*Hopefully when my ideas are old and my shtick is corny, there's some young punk that's going to call me out on it. Hopefully Dwayne takes it as, "ok when I come here I have to step it up", and hopefully he does."

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2011, 01:55:51 PM »
In an interview with the Daily Star in Britain, WWE Hall of Famer Stone
Cold Steve Austin said a match against CM Punk could happen if all the stars
align. “It would have to be good for me financially, good for me in terms of
execution and storyline,” Austin said. “Obviously it would have to be good
for WWE and work out for CM Punk too.” The former WWE champion said Punk
would be the one if he would have to wrestle one more match for WWE.
Wrestling fans around the world started to compare Punk to Steve Austin’s
character ever since his work/shoot promo in Las Vegas last month on RAW.
“I’m not starting up anything here, but could it happen? Yes. Will it
happen? I don’t know,” Austin added

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2011, 06:54:43 PM »
This whole fued with Nash just isn't working. He's killing him on the mic. It's not even a fair fight. That shot last week with the sisters text. Then last night with the just for men. Why not put Punk against Del Rio and Cena against Nash and HHH? The fans are turning on Cena. Hear the boos last night. And the crowd throwing the shirt back. His days seem like they are numbered.
Nash's best promos are always done in a laid back and snarky kind of way and he's at his best when he has someone to play off of, like Hall or Shawn. Who knows? Maybe this is the way WWE wants it done so Nash stays heel in the feud.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2011, 05:53:31 PM »
Orton is the closest thing to 3:16 if you ask me. I think Punk is more like Jericho.

Yep, spot on there.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2011, 05:24:12 AM »
I just don't get why people are saying Punk is the next 3:16? He is nothing like him. Orton is the closest thing to 3:16 if you ask me. I think Punk is more like Jericho.

I can see Punk as Jericho, but nothing I've ever seen from Orton on the mic reminds me of Austin.  Orton's promos are long and boring.....

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2011, 07:23:22 AM »
I meant like they way they were trying to push Orton. The 3:16 look with the vest and the black trunks. The Viper. Along those lines. But I definitely agree Randy isn't even close to 3:16.

Ah, gotcha.  I agree, the look and the attempted attitude, but Austin was a one of a kind performer...he is easily top 5 on the mic ever.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2011, 07:51:05 AM »
I can think of at least 10 guys on the current roster I'd rather watch than Orton. He does nothing for me.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2011, 07:57:22 AM »
I can think of at least 10 guys on the current roster I'd rather watch than Orton. He does nothing for me.

In-ring Orton is "ok" but his mic work is pitiful....course his dad wasn't any better.  And why not just get your whole body covered in black ink?

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2011, 08:29:18 AM »
wrestlezone.com

CM Punk Speaks on WWE's Problems, Disses The Spinner Belt
by
Nick Paglino
September 05, 2011

WWE is featuring an uncensored interview with CM Punk in the October issue of WWE Magazine. Below are some highlights:

In your estimation, what do you feel is wrong with WWE right now, and what would you do to change it?

What's wrong with WWE right now is that there isn't enough youth. Most of the ideas are old. They worked in The Attitude Era or in the '80's—and I'm not necessarily saying that they're bad or they're wrong —but they need updating, they need tweaking. There needs to be some young minds spinning the webs, so to speak. I'm sick of seeing people who are excellent wrestlers get passed over for people who have abs or who were good second-string linemen in a European football league. I think there are a lot of people who, on their own terms, have made their own personas and perfected their craft simply out of love for what they do. They're not trying to be bodybuilders or footballs players who fail miserably and then call their uncle or their dad and say, "Hey, I'll give that wrestling thing a shot because I suck at everything else."

Why do you think it's such a strike against guys who—like yourself—are fans but aren't from a sports or bodybuilding background?

Now, this is complete speculation. I can't even tell you what somebody else is thinking. I can only say what I think works. And I'm not going to be right 100 percent of the time just like they're not going to be. Somewhere along the way I think we lost the Midas touch. This whole thing became uncool. I think the people who love it aren't going to go do something else if they get fired. Like Colt Cabana. He's a perfect example. He is a wrestler. If he gets hired and it doesn't work out, he's wrestling somewhere else the next day. He's not trying to shoehorn himself into an accounting job. He's a wrestler. He's always going to be there. So I just think if you love wrestling sometimes—maybe-you're punished. You're placed last in line. The attitude is: You're always going to be here, maybe we can use you later if we need you, but right now we're going to use this guy because he was good at college football, but he didn't quite make it in the NFL.

Another one of your gripes is about how the WWE Championship looks. How would you redesign the title? What is the definitive look of that particular championship for you?

Oh God. How long's this interview? Honestly, I think old Dwayne used to have a cute little blue cow on his title or something. Then, of course, Stone Cold had the Smoking Skull Title. I don't know. I think I could Straight Edge the hell out of that thing. A couple of "X"s might make it look good. Make it look like a title should look like, and not make it look like some sort of weird, rapper bling. I feel the definitive look, though, is what I like to call "Bret Hart's Title." I think everyone likes to call it the "Winged Eagle Title." That's a little redundant. I'm pretty sure most eagles have wings. That's the one that always sticks out in my mind.

This anger with your job has been festering for a while. Was there one moment backstage when you felt you'd had enough?

I can name one off the top of my head. How about main-eventing a pay-per-view as the World Heavyweight Champion against Undertaker and then, a few months later, being in a dark match against R-Truth at WWE TLC? That's pretty ignorant in my mind. This is the problem. We do this too many times to too many Superstars. It's a startstop kind of thing. The company likes to spotlight certain people. Like, "This week, Kofi's cool," and then, the next week, "We changed out minds we like Dolph this week." It flip-flops back and forth ad nauseam, and the next thing you know, the people couldn't give a crap about either guy.

When did the powers that be really begin to take your leaving WWE seriously?

I told them probably a year out. They would say, "Hey, how about we talk about your contract?" And I would just say, "No, I don't really feel like it." And they would say, "Okay, back off. Punk's crabby and temperamental. We'll get him next week." And the next week it would be, "Hey, let's talk about it." And then maybe eight or ten months out, it was, "Hey, I really want to sit down. We really need to sign you a new deal." And that's when I straight up said, "No, I'm not interested."

You mentioned on the Bill Simmons BS Report podcast that you had made the decision to come back and resign at WWE Money In The Bank. Do you think your decision was at all clouded a little bit too much by all the emotion going on that day?

I can definitely put it aside. I can be a robot if I need to be. Resigning was something that was on my mind day in and day out whether I was at the gym or sleeping. I was dreaming about it, I was really trying to figure out what the best decision was for me and my future. Call me crazy, but I was also trying to figure out what was the best decision for the company as a whole. I love what we do. I'm not going to get along with everybody I work with. I'm certainly not going to agree with everything all the time, but at the end of the day, I want everybody voice to be heard. I want this place to succeed. So I had to weigh my options.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2011, 08:16:23 AM »
I like how Punk has been running his mouth. But to me he needs to hit the gym. Every major Federation superstar has been built. Except for like Yoko and the other monsters. But they have all had nice physiques. When I see the new punk he just looks like a dirtbag running around in his tighty whiteys.
I don't know....he's in good enough shape IMO. He doesn't need to be ripped or huge, his gimmick doesn't require it. Jake the Snake, Dibiase, Dusty, were nothing special, Shawn was 210lbs, at the most during his big run.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2011, 08:23:25 AM »
I don't know....he's in good enough shape IMO. He doesn't need to be ripped or huge, his gimmick doesn't require it. Jake the Snake, Dibiase, Dusty, were nothing special, Shawn was 210lbs, at the most during his big run.

I agree.  There is way too much of a cookie-cutter mentatlity in the WWE now.  Having a "good luck" used to mean something, for example Atlas back in the day or Luger when he first showed up in the NWA, but now days it's almost impossible to make it UNLESS you look like them.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2011, 04:09:33 AM »
I agree that Punk doesn't need to look like an Ultimate Warrior, but I would like to see him improve his physique at least "a litte bit."
Right now, he still looks like the average worker backstage at an indy show.

IMO, physique will - and should always be - an idealism of pro-wrestling.