Author Topic: Christian Nation  (Read 18588 times)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
Re: Christian Nation
« Reply #200 on: July 11, 2011, 12:16:33 PM »
I think the reality is, 1. Your teachers can do it now if they want to and 2. Even if decriminalized, there would be controls placed on it just as there are for alcohol now. You can't show up at your job drunk now can you? Criminalize the behavior, not the drug just like alchohol.    

Wait, wait....so marijuana needs controls like alcohol?  I thought it was harmless....just relaxes you and gives you the munchies and less addicting than cigarettes which can be smoked in designated areas in schools, hospitals, daycares, etc.......

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #201 on: July 11, 2011, 12:23:46 PM »
Wait, wait....so marijuana needs controls like alcohol?  I thought it was harmless....just relaxes you and gives you the munchies and less addicting than cigarettes which can be smoked in designated areas in schools, hospitals, daycares, etc.......

Vicodin isn't always harmless, alcohol isnt always harmless, aspirin or tylenol isn't always harmless. They can be abused just like illegal drugs can. That the government has ruled cigarettes and alcohol "legal" and pot illegal doesn't make sense. If you are stoned and impaired and drive, it should be illegal just like it is for booze. If you work at a day care you can't come to work stoned just like you can't come to work drunk.

Just my personal opinion, but I think we are barking up the wrong tree thinking keeping these drugs illegal and throwing billions a year at trying to stop them from entering our country is the answer.      

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #202 on: July 11, 2011, 12:50:12 PM »
Vicodin isn't always harmless, alcohol isnt always harmless, aspirin or tylenol isn't always harmless. They can be abused just like drugs can. That the government has ruled cigarettes and alcohol "legal" and pot illegal doesn't make sense. If you are stoned and impaired and drive, it should be illegal just like it is for booze. If you work at a day care you can't come to work stoned just like you can't come to work drunk.

Just my personal opinion, but I think we are barking up the wrong tree thinking keeping these drugs illegal and throwing billions a year at trying to stop them from entering our country.      

You're right, I don't know why we legalized alcohol and tobacco use either....doesn't seem like the right thing to do.  

Vicodin, alcohol, aspirin and tylenol are also drugs....fyi.  

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #203 on: July 11, 2011, 12:54:24 PM »
You're right, I don't know why we legalized alcohol and tobacco use either....doesn't seem like the right thing to do.  

Vicodin, alcohol, aspirin and tylenol are also drugs....fyi.  

Because we couldn't stop people from getting them (at least alcohol) and violent crime was on the rise because of it......wait....sound familiar?

And yes, they are drugs, legal controlled drugs verses illegal uncontrolled drugs

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #204 on: July 11, 2011, 12:55:04 PM »
Because we couldn't stop people from getting them (at least alcohol) and violent crime was on the rise because of it......wait....sound familiar?

And yes, they are drugs, legal controlled drugs verses illegal uncontrolled drugs

Sounds pretty damn similar to me.

Drug laws are absolutely ridiculous.