Author Topic: Come on John...  (Read 3227 times)

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
Come on John...
« on: June 19, 2011, 08:19:32 PM »
Just been watching the Capitol Punishment PPV, and Cena can quite clearly be heard talking through the match.  In one submission, he half covered his face with his arm, while the camera showed him chatting away to the ref.  It was so bad, even the commentators brought it up!  I've noticed it before with him, but this was just so blatant.  We all know it's fake John, but at least make some effort.

:-\

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Come on John...
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 04:05:18 AM »
What did the announcers say?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 10:02:00 AM »
With as dead as kayfabe is, I'm surprised any of them even bother.  They should just let the announcer tell them over the sound system what move to hit next.

joseywaleshhh

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 10:21:16 AM »
A couple weeks ago on RAW I clearly heard him say "bulldog". He threw his opponent into the corner and sure enough...

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 07:33:36 PM »
What did the announcers say?

Some garbage about "So beat up...doesn't know where he is... mumbling to himself..."

There was another one on PPV a few months back where he was facing Orton.  He was leaning on the ropes facing out of the ring, as Orton approached him from behind.  With a camera right in his face, he shouted over his shoulder "Punch me in the back"...   :-\  Surely Vince is seeing this from his spot backstage?   ???

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 09:15:21 AM »
Some garbage about "So beat up...doesn't know where he is... mumbling to himself..."

There was another one on PPV a few months back where he was facing Orton.  He was leaning on the ropes facing out of the ring, as Orton approached him from behind.  With a camera right in his face, he shouted over his shoulder "Punch me in the back"...   :-\  Surely Vince is seeing this from his spot backstage?   ???

This happens all the time. I've seen Michaels do it (2007 Royal Rumble); Ultimate Warrior has done it (WrestleMania 7 vs. "Macho King" Randy Savage), The Undertaker (vs. Kane at WrestleMania 14, told Kane to "pick me up" after Kane chokeslammed him).

"Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase did such against Bret Hart at Survivor Series 1991 ("Reverse Charge" he says to Hart, before whipping him to the buckle which Hart reverses only to get elbowed in the mouth).

"Slap me": Ken Shamrock said that to his 'sister' Ryan, during his Intercontinental title match with Val Venis.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 07:13:53 PM »
Obviously it happens all the time, and I've caught odd bits here and there from various guys, but Cena is just getting more and more obvious, to the point this past Sunday where he was just talking out loud constantly.  It's very rare you notice it from guys like Orton, HHH, Jericho, or Taker, all main eventers.  If they can make the effort, why can't Cena?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 07:39:29 PM »
Surely Vince is seeing this from his spot backstage?   ???

I don't think he cares.
Honestly, because he is (and has been) the biggest, the baddest, and the best, there's nothing left for him to do or accomplish in wrestling.
I believe that's why he's seemingly losing interest in it the way he has.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2011, 05:48:27 AM »
Obviously it happens all the time, and I've caught odd bits here and there from various guys, but Cena is just getting more and more obvious, to the point this past Sunday where he was just talking out loud constantly.  It's very rare you notice it from guys like Orton, HHH, Jericho, or Taker, all main eventers.  If they can make the effort, why can't Cena?

I beg to differ. Look at the main-eventers I mentioned (Undertaker, Michaels, Ultimate Warrior). I've even seen it from Hogan in several matches.

If the cameras/mikes are too close, you're going to catch that.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2011, 04:28:09 PM »
I beg to differ. Look at the main-eventers I mentioned (Undertaker, Michaels, Ultimate Warrior). I've even seen it from Hogan in several matches.

If the cameras/mikes are too close, you're going to catch that.

Oh, it happens, I get that, and anyone can be caught out.  But you've mentioned one instance for Taker in a 20+ year career.  I've noticed Cena half a dozen times in the past 12 months.  Just annoys me that he's supposedly the top guy.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 05:15:45 PM »
Yeah he doesnt seem like he's into it like he used to be.

It's kind of ironic because he fought so hard to reach the top and has been #1 for so long, that he's maybe a little "bored" with it...but, every other endeavor he embarks on fails hard & fast.
I guess Vince will just have to learn to cope with the mundane & monotonous task of being a billionaire.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2011, 06:24:46 PM »
I've noticed it more since they switched to HD... the refs more so than wrestlers.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2011, 08:01:56 PM »
I guess Vince will just have to learn to cope with the mundane & monotonous task of being a billionaire.
Most getbiggers have the same problem.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2011, 04:21:02 AM »
Most getbiggers have the same problem.

I have it on good authority that the old man posts here under at least 2 different handles.

It's a shame he doesn't subscribe to our board.
We solve every industry problem weekly.

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2011, 11:28:38 AM »
Cena is burnt out.  No offseason, weekly shows, monthly PPVs, movies, charities, constant traveling, gym.  He's too much of a company man.  He's the TOP guy by a large margin.  Why doesn't the guy call his own shots?  He could literally get anything he wanted, Vinnie Mac be damned.  Gimmick change, a break, titles, anything.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2011, 02:05:37 PM »
Cena is burnt out.  No offseason, weekly shows, monthly PPVs, movies, charities, constant traveling, gym.  He's too much of a company man.  He's the TOP guy by a large margin.  Why doesn't the guy call his own shots?  He could literally get anything he wanted, Vinnie Mac be damned.  Gimmick change, a break, titles, anything.

You answered your own question. When Cena signed with WWE, he was a couple years removed from folding towels and Gold Gym. If not for Vince, Cena would probably be working men's room stalls. Instead, he's a multi-millionaire.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2011, 04:20:41 PM »
I think at this point, Vince needs Cena more than the other way around. If Cena for whatever reason left, he could do movies or other projects and still make a lot of money, while Vince would be out millions in merch and without a face for his company.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2011, 07:26:39 PM »
I think at this point, Vince needs Cena more than the other way around. If Cena for whatever reason left, he could do movies or other projects and still make a lot of money, while Vince would be out millions in merch and without a face for his company.

But Cena is signed by VKM's movie company and probably couldn't get a decent role in a "real" movie.  The two turds need each other.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2011, 07:43:59 PM »
But Cena is signed by VKM's movie company and probably couldn't get a decent role in a "real" movie.  The two turds need each other.
Who knows? If Rock,"Vin Diesel", and some other clowns who pass for actors could do it, I don't see why Cena couldn't.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2011, 07:48:32 PM »
Who knows? If Rock,"Vin Diesel", and some other clowns who pass for actors could do it, I don't see why Cena couldn't.

Cena might be able to, but even Rock had to rely on VKM financing a lot of his movies.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2011, 08:50:34 PM »
Cena might be able to, but even Rock had to rely on VKM financing a lot of his movies.

Did the old man finance some of those?
I thought the main/only reason he received "Executive Producer" credit was because he owned "The Rock" name when Johnson was still using it early in his Hollywood career.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2011, 07:57:23 PM »

Did the old man finance some of those?
I thought the main/only reason he received "Executive Producer" credit was because he owned "The Rock" name when Johnson was still using it early in his Hollywood career.

I seem to remember him having something to do with the "Walking Tall" remake, but I could be wrong.