Author Topic: and people have the cheek to say mma is better than boxing.. chuckle !  (Read 12743 times)

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
Silva lost too much weight and steroids fucked him...
S

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..

I've boxed for years,and have seen Boxers get knocked out just as fast.....Point?

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Boxing is a brutal sport.  The top MMA guys couldn't box a real fighter in boxing. They would get beat bad.  Having said that most boxers couldn't fight in MMA. They don't have the skills needed.

Boxing for me is more entertaining.  I like MMA fights but boxing is more fun to watch. It has a long history. MMA is gaining fans but when the winner of a big fight gets 200,000 and the winner of a big boxing match gets 20 million you can see the difference in world popularity.

bradistani

• Getbig V
I've boxed for years,and have seen Boxers get knocked out just as fast.....Point?

i hear fools all the time claiming that mma will be bigger and more popular than boxing (nrver happen)  ::)  most mma guys would be little more than journey men if they boxed. i've heard idiots argue that a prime tyson would get his ass whooped in the octagon... haha, yeah!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

bradistani

• Getbig V

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
i hear fools all the time claiming that mma will be bigger and more popular than boxing (nrver happen)  ::)  most mma guys would be little more than journey men if they boxed. i've heard idiots argue that a prime tyson would get his ass whooped in the octagon... haha, yeah!

People who say that are either clueless or Tyson haters.

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
You don't believe that to be true..??  Boxers have a more solid stance.. We would get taken down easily.. ? A boxer can only hurt you,if he hits you.. An MMArtist can win a fight in many ,many different ways...Ways that I could not defend.. But if he gets in the ring with me,and goes toe to toe with me,I'd do well...
 Now thinking it's better is just a matter of one's opinion.. I like both,and will watch pretty much anything that has to do with fighting.. But others watch just one exclusively.. I don't care.. I like both.. Just more to watch.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Boxing is a brutal sport.  The top MMA guys couldn't box a real fighter in boxing. They would get beat bad.  Having said that most boxers couldn't fight in MMA. They don't have the skills needed.

Boxing for me is more entertaining.  I like MMA fights but boxing is more fun to watch. It has a long history. MMA is gaining fans but when the winner of a big fight gets 200,000 and the winner of a big boxing match gets 20 million you can see the difference in world popularity.

We know....thats why mma fighters take boxers to the ground THEN beat the fuck out of them.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
copped him with a haymaker  ::)

Followed by an upper cut.

jedibrat

• Getbig III
what apsect is mma not better...that would be the shorter list...

Don King's haircut.

Stark

• Getbig V
Boxing = Gentlemen sport

MMA = Gladiator sport for the common white trash people.

Boxing = You need talent lots of it

MMA = Anybody can do it

Boxing = Chess

MMA = Brawling

I know you MMA fanboys want to disgree with me and tell me how much technique there is in MMA but I have
seen a shitloads of fights in my life and they all look like that, the difference they didn't happen in a ring but
in some bar or on the street, still the same.

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
Boxing = Gentlemen sport

MMA = Anybody can do it

Boxing = Chess

MMA = Brawling

I know you MMA fanboys want to disagree with me and tell me how much technique there is in MMA but I have
seen a shitloads of fights in my life and they all look like that, the difference they didn't happen in a ring but

That's kind of why I like mma. I want to see the closest thing to a real fight. Once you've been watching mma for awhile it's hard to go back and watch boring ass boxing with their big pillow gloves running around jabbing eachother for 12 rounds. I watched that klitschko vs haye fight god that was the gayest fight I've ever seen. I get showtime and I couldn't help but keep flipping the channels during that fight. Only exciting fighters in boxing are the real light guys and who really cares about 135 pounders.

It's hilarious that people still believe a boxer would have any kind of chance at all in the cage with mixed martial artist. Get real. Didn't you see what happen to fat ass James Toney? That would happen 9 out of 10 times. In a streetfight things would be more even depending on the amount of room there is. If you're in a bar pressed up against the wall a mixed martial artist isn't gonna be able to shoot a double leg or pick an ankle.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
I've always wondered why in MMA one or two punches is often enough to knock an opponent out, but in boxing many vicious blows are exchanged over several rounds.

Is it purely because of the gloves, or what?

The gloves make a big difference, not so much the padding as the surface area.  Injuries in general come from stress/strain rather than the force of the blow, and the big old boxing glove has a huge surface area compared to tiny little MMA gloves = much less pressure/stress for a given force behind the punch.

Boxers probably punch a lot harder though.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
Boxing = Gentlemen sport

MMA = Anybody can do it

Boxing = Chess

MMA = Brawling

I know you MMA fanboys want to disgree with me and tell me how much technique there is in MMA but I have

this is actually a fair breakdown. In both sports you have purist fans vs. typical joe fans. I feel that is where the debate boxing vs mma originated along with Dana White leading the caravan.

Purist understand the tremendous difference in the two sports. Typical joe's will watch anybody slugging it out basically and since it usually happens mostly in mma...they'll gravitate to that sports events unless there is heavy weight slug fest on the horizon. The sport of boxing suffers minimal loss simply b/c those fans are not the majority of boxing fans global.

bradistani

• Getbig V
the greatest knew how to slip, slide and ride a punch

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
the greatest knew how to slip, slide and ride a punch

probably some of the greatest shit you will ever see right there. Guy does that to you in the ring....just leave.

Swede!

• Getbig IV
  • www.letskillsometime.com Direct link in signature
MMA = Anybody can do it

it takes years and years and years to become good on the ground. Anyone without Years and Years of experience on the ground, either from wrestling or bjj would be submitted/dominated Right away from anyone half ass decent.

So ..no. People that have no clue post like that..  Anyone can get up in a boxing ring and throw a punch. Will they do good again someone decent? no. Same goes for mma.
And no you have never seen anyone with bjj black belt skills in the street.  But I have seen people box and it looks exactly like what boxers do in the ring!! Sounds legit huh? lol.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
probably some of the greatest shit you will ever see right there. Guy does that to you in the ring....just leave.

Yep. Take your gloves off, walk the fuck out and join an MMA gym.

Swede!

• Getbig IV
simular gif mma style where you have to worry about kicks,knees,elbows,td's

and here he spars with a boxer

I still dont know why all boxing fans seems so upset all the time. I guess it was after mma crushed the illusion that they were the baddest men on the planet? I dont know

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
We know....thats why mma fighters take boxers to the ground THEN beat the fuck out of them.

Glad you agree with me.  Should I take this to a true get big level. The guy with some knife skills will beat both.  The guy with gun skills will beat the knife guy. LOL. Boxing is  brutal sport.  Not a comprehensive self defense for the street like MMA is.

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
Boxers clinch very often during a match when things get a little too heated. Do that in MMA and you're going downtown  - ripe for submissions or some G&pound.

Comparing an MMA fighter to a boxer?  An MMA fighter trains  boxing, wrestling, submissions...basically whatever it takes to win a fight whereas a boxer......boxes. Just one aspect of the MMA game.

A boxer will always be a superior striker..with their hands (not elbows/knees) whereas an MMA fighter has to be a jack of all trades and able to handle things wherever the fight goes.

We're comparing apples to oranges here not apples to apples.

Swede!

• Getbig IV
Boxers clinch very often during a match when things get a little too heated. Do that in MMA and you're going downtown  - ripe for submissions or some G&pound.

Comparing an MMA fighter to a boxer?  An MMA fighter trains  boxing, wrestling, submissions...basically whatever it takes to win a fight whereas a boxer......boxes. Just one aspect of the MMA game.

A boxer will always be a superior striker..with their hands (not elbows/knees) whereas an MMA fighter has to be a jack of all trades and able to handle things wherever the fight goes.

We're comparing apples to oranges here not apples to apples.

Nice for a change, some common sense

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
An MMA fighter would own a boxer in an MMA fight.
A boxer would own an MMA fighter in a boxing match.

Not sure why these threads always devolve into this stupid argument.

Swede!

• Getbig IV
An MMA fighter would own a boxer in an MMA fight.
A boxer would own an MMA fighter in a boxing match.
And a MMA fighter would own a boxer in a real fight

Not sure why these threads always devolve into this stupid argument.

I dont know either