Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
October 22, 2014, 02:41:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dumbell shoulder press  (Read 2136 times)
gracie bjj
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2014, 04:04:07 AM »

ive had a shoulder injury from 3 decades of going all the way down to my traps on behind the neck presses,man i got away with it up to about a year ago then it was hell.couldnt do no upper body at all for months on end
Report to moderator   Logged

R
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2014, 04:40:24 AM »

ive had a shoulder injury from 3 decades of going all the way down to my traps on behind the neck presses,man i got away with it up to about a year ago then it was hell.couldnt do no upper body at all for months on end
I know a Trainer in the Gym where i work who does them regularly on the smith machine. Shows them to the Kids in the Gym. I tell them not to do them. The Trainer in question is 20 years behind in his thinking.. not surprising he is ex DDR East German. most i have met at my age (48) are like this. He gets away with it but some of the young skinny kids will not.
gracie bjj
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2014, 04:47:03 AM »

i do front shoulder presses now on smith some days,i go up to 275 for 6-8 and then back to 225 for sets of 12, believe it or not in the 90,s i was doing almost 245 free weight behind the neck presses for 8 reps.i was always strong on pushing movement but alot weaker on shit like rowing,dont know why but thats the way it is. yesterday for chest i did 5 sets with the 100lb dumbells for sets of 20 on chest, i bet a guy 20 bucks cause he said how many u going for i said 20 n he laughed,i said u wanna bet n i won 20 bucks.i went up to 150lb dumbells for 6 reps,i got it on camera

R
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2014, 04:55:47 AM »

i do front shoulder presses now on smith some days,i go up to 275 for 6-8 and then back to 225 for sets of 12, believe it or not in the 90,s i was doing almost 245 free weight behind the neck presses for 8 reps.i was always strong on pushing movement but alot weaker on shit like rowing,dont know why but thats the way it is. yesterday for chest i did 5 sets with the 100lb dumbells for sets of 20 on chest, i bet a guy 20 bucks cause he said how many u going for i said 20 n he laughed,i said u wanna bet n i won 20 bucks.i went up to 150lb dumbells for 6 reps,i got it on camera
some people are flexible and robust i am not in the shoulder region. Barbell Military press i have no problem. Everyone is different i am stronger in rowing than pressing.
heenok
Getbig II

« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2014, 06:11:09 AM »

presses to me are pretty much all front delt
no way you are hitting the leteral and posterior head properly with presses
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2014, 06:56:31 AM »

presses to me are pretty much all front delt
no way you are hitting the leteral and posterior head properly with presses
I think pre exhaust is perfect for shoulders. Or a tri set which i do. I start with front raises then side,Rear.. pressing i do after this. Sure my weight is lower but it saves my shoulders. The shoulders do not need massive weights in my opinion. Chest training hits them enough..Parallel Bar dips are Tops. The Rear delts get hit with back work. If rear delts are a weak point do bent over rows but at shoulder/upper  back area. you can use more weight than with DB rear raises.
Ropo
Getbig IV

« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2014, 09:59:13 AM »

Roll Eyes
Piss poor?  My arms and shoulders are way larger than yours and stronger. You look like shit.  Hope this helps.

Read your own words from your own thread. No development after 8 years of training, and you have pictures to prove it. On the other hand, you don't know shit about me, because I don't need prove anything to anybody, so just shut the fuck up.
The True Adonis
Getbig V

"We Will Correct All This."

« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2014, 10:00:39 AM »

Read your own words from your own thread. No development after 8 years of training, and you have pictures to prove it. On the other hand, you don't know shit about me, because I don't need prove anything to anybody, so just shut the fuck up.
Oh, but I do Mr. Ropo, but I do....

E
gracie bjj
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2014, 11:48:56 AM »

I think pre exhaust is perfect for shoulders. Or a tri set which i do. I start with front raises then side,Rear.. pressing i do after this. Sure my weight is lower but it saves my shoulders. The shoulders do not need massive weights in my opinion. Chest training hits them enough..Parallel Bar dips are Tops. The Rear delts get hit with back work. If rear delts are a weak point do bent over rows but at shoulder/upper  back area. you can use more weight than with DB rear raises.

i agree donny,most of the time i do dumbell laterals before my presses,pre exhaust is a very great principle

R
jude2
Competitors II
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2014, 08:45:52 PM »

i agree donny,most of the time i do dumbell laterals before my presses,pre exhaust is a very great principle
I save my pressing for last.
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #60 on: Today at 01:40:57 AM »

I save my pressing for last.
yes me too.
Bevo
Getbig V

German Power!

« Reply #61 on: Today at 02:32:10 AM »

Shit I just do all machines like phil heath
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!