Author Topic: Bachmann conversations with God- Recorded at her church 2006  (Read 11435 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Bachmann conversations with God- Recorded at her church 2006
« Reply #125 on: July 17, 2011, 06:22:59 AM »
this is about Bachmann conversations with God, stay on the topic. i know you have an obsession with obama,which i think is getting a little unhealthy  :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #126 on: July 17, 2011, 06:24:32 AM »
No, it's about double standards.   

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #127 on: July 17, 2011, 08:24:12 AM »
this is about Bachmann conversations with God, stay on the topic. i know you have an obsession with obama,which i think is getting a little unhealthy  :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: July 17, 2011, 08:28:20 AM »
Yeah how convenient to ignore the fact that you didn't say dick when your own messiah does essentially the same thing.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #129 on: July 17, 2011, 08:30:58 AM »
For me if any politician did what Bachmann did I wouldn't vote for them.  It's one to say you pray to god or god answered your prayers, but it's another thing to go preach about at a church.

I don't know that Reagan, Clinton or Bush did that.  The accusation of a double standard falls flat there.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #130 on: July 17, 2011, 08:33:21 AM »
For me if any politician did what Bachmann did I wouldn't vote for them.  It's one to say you pray to god or god answered your prayers, but it's another thing to go preach about at a church.

I don't know that Reagan, Clinton or Bush did that.  The accusation of a double standard falls flat there.

i've learned since i've been on this site that most of his accusations fall flat

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: July 17, 2011, 08:33:38 AM »
Oh lord, no pun intended, please tell me verbatim time and moment of what she said you find so upsetting?  Again - time and second. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: July 17, 2011, 08:35:03 AM »
Oh lord, no pun intended, please tell me verbatim time and moment of what she said you find so upsetting?  Again - time and second. 

I don't find any of it upsetting. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #133 on: July 17, 2011, 08:36:49 AM »

i hope she has unlimited minutes  :D :D :D

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #134 on: July 17, 2011, 10:49:30 AM »
Yeah how convenient to ignore the fact that you didn't say dick when your own messiah does essentially the same thing.
Why are you so intellectually dishonest all the time? You know the difference.

Obama is not linking specific policy decisions to god talking to him. Bush said this about Iraq. Bachmann said that god orders her to make specific moves (i.e. becoming a tax lawyer, something SHE HERSELF didn't want, but this is god, after all).

Personally, I don't think Obama believes in god, but there is such open and public hate for atheists (you always accuse them of being communist, which is just a slimeball move all the way) that a current politician has to profess belief in the imaginary, so simple people don't get so scared.

I believe you know all this already as well. You're just dishonest to yourself and other because you love to hate. So that's your life.
G

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #135 on: July 17, 2011, 11:08:54 AM »
Why are you so intellectually dishonest all the time? You know the difference.

Obama is not linking specific policy decisions to god talking to him. Bush said this about Iraq. Bachmann said that god orders her to make specific moves (i.e. becoming a tax lawyer, something SHE HERSELF didn't want, but this is god, after all).

Personally, I don't think Obama believes in god, but there is such open and public hate for atheists (you always accuse them of being communist, which is just a slimeball move all the way) that a current politician has to profess belief in the imaginary, so simple people don't get so scared.

I believe you know all this already as well. You're just dishonest to yourself and other because you love to hate. So that's your life.

Not true.  Did you read the excerpts I posted from Obama, Hillary, and Ron Paul?  They all want "the Holy Spirit" to help them make all decisions in their lives. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: July 17, 2011, 11:11:05 AM »
Not true.  Did you read the excerpts I posted from Obama, Hillary, and Ron Paul?  They all want "the Holy Spirit" to help them make all decisions in their lives. 

Did Clinton, Reagan, or Bush make speeches like that in churches?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: July 17, 2011, 11:15:29 AM »
Did Clinton, Reagan, or Bush make speeches like that in churches?

Don't know.  And don't care.  They all had the same beliefs.  They all had conversations with God.  This is not something that will make a hill of beans difference in the campaign. 

And look, the entire Obama having conversations with God.   :)

First family to church

Washington (CNN) - The first family attended St. John's Episcopal Church Sunday morning, according to White House pool reports.

President Obama and first lady Michele Obama waved en route to the church with their daughters Sasha and Malia.

St. John's is near the White House, across from Lafayette Park.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/07/17/first-family-to-church/

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: July 17, 2011, 11:18:21 AM »
I see a difference between preaching about in a church and answering a question about it and or going to church.

This kind of thing will make a difference in an election.   She's not going to get far anyway.  

Also, I'd have a problem voting for a woman who is submissive to her husband.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: July 17, 2011, 11:28:02 AM »
I see a difference between preaching about in a church and answering a question about it and or going to church.

This kind of thing will make a difference in an election.   She's not going to get far anyway.  

Also, I'd have a problem voting for a woman who is submissive to her husband.

What is the difference between talking about your faith in a church and answering a question about your faith?  Both people believe the same thing.  I mean really, how is there any difference between Ron Paul saying "I seek His [Jesus Christ's] guidance in all that I do," and what Bachmann said in that clip?

She's not going to lose any votes for being a committed Christian.  Obama was elected after running ads about his committed Christianity, and his conversations with God.  Every president who wants to be elected has to do the same thing.  Do you recall during one of the Democrat primary debates in 08 when they were asked to say what their favorite Bible verse was, and they all had one? 

I'd have no problem voting for a woman who follows the Biblical model of marriage.  Submission isn't about having the husband boss the wife around.  It's in part about having someone be the leader of the household, who loves and respects his partner.  Not exactly a radical idea.  It has been around and used successfully for a long time. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: July 17, 2011, 11:45:20 AM »
Pelosi said the same thing.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: July 17, 2011, 11:46:40 AM »
The difference is that one was asked one wasn't.   One simpply acknowledge a personal relationship the other paraded in a church.  Show me where those presidents did that. Show me where the next candidates does what Michelle does and I won't for them either.

As for the submission thing, Michelle was told to do something and she did it Becuase she believes she is supposed to be submissive.  No way I want that in the whitehouse.

She will lose the votes she needs to win a national election.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: July 17, 2011, 11:48:35 AM »
You are blowing this way out of proportion.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: July 17, 2011, 11:50:12 AM »
You are blowing this way out of proportion.

Coming from you that's hilarious.

But whatever, show me the candidate doing what Michelle did in church an I won't vote for them. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: July 17, 2011, 11:53:14 AM »
The difference is that one was asked one wasn't.   One simpply acknowledge a personal relationship the other paraded in a church.  Show me where those presidents did that. Show me where the next candidates does what Michelle does and I won't for them either.

As for the submission thing, Michelle was told to do something and she did it Becuase she believes she is supposed to be submissive.  No way I want that in the whitehouse.

She will lose the votes she needs to win a national election.

Ozmo you already voted for a man who not only said the same thing, he said it in a book and in campaign literature. 

And who exactly is she going to lose votes to?  The other candidates who believe the same thing? 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: July 17, 2011, 11:55:51 AM »
Ozmo you already voted for a man who not only said the same thing, he said it in a book and in campaign literature. 

And who exactly is she going to lose votes to?  The other candidates who believe the same thing? 

Who would that be?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: July 17, 2011, 11:57:08 AM »
Did what?  You make it like she said we should accept illegal aliens from a pulpit. Oh wait that was nancy pelosi.  Please bump your posts being pset over that. u

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: July 17, 2011, 11:59:09 AM »
Did what?  You make it like she said we should accept illegal aliens from a pulpit. Oh wait that was nancy pelosi.  Please bump your posts being pset over that. u

You need to get a better key board on your phone

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: July 17, 2011, 12:01:12 PM »
Lmao.   True.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: July 17, 2011, 12:03:24 PM »
Who would that be?

Obama, Romney, Rick Perry (and his national day of prayer), Ron Paul, etc., all of whom believe in God, have conversations with God, etc.  

You really think voters who were inclined to vote for Bachmann, will now vote for Obama?  (Assuming she makes it out of the primary.)  I'm not really following how voters make that change based on her religious convictions, when those convictions mirror everyone else.  And when the vast majority of the public identifies themselves as Christian.  Being a committed Christian is an asset, not a liability, in a national political race.  

And don't underestimate this woman.  I think she will be a serious player in the primaries/caucuses.