Author Topic: Obama just shit on the GOP  (Read 2814 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Obama just shit on the GOP
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2011, 11:47:50 AM »
I'm not the one being blind... I'm giving you the data.

You are now saying the data is invalid.

Come on man... You hate Obama I get it, but don't be ignorant to the stuff staring you in the face. That mentality is why I can't get on the Tea Party band wagon.

You are so angry with the black man that you can't stand any notion that it ain't all HIS fault.

HA HA HA - THE RACE CARD!!!!! 

Food and energy are not in the CPI. 

CASE CLOSED

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2011, 11:51:33 AM »
HA HA HA - THE RACE CARD!!!!!  

Food and energy are not in the CPI.  

CASE CLOSED

I'm being real about it dude... You're the one who HATES Obama... I'm the one who's honest about what goes on.

Looks like you're wrong there big guy.

Care to amend your statement?

http://www.bls.gov/cpi/cpifaq.htm

What goods and services does the CPI cover?

The CPI represents all goods and services purchased for consumption by the reference population (U or W) BLS has classified all expenditure items into more than 200 categories, arranged into eight major groups. Major groups and examples of categories in each are as follows:

FOOD AND BEVERAGES (breakfast cereal, milk, coffee, chicken, wine, full service meals, snacks)
HOUSING (rent of primary residence, owners' equivalent rent, fuel oil, bedroom furniture)
APPAREL (men's shirts and sweaters, women's dresses, jewelry)
TRANSPORTATION (new vehicles, airline fares, gasoline, motor vehicle insurance)
MEDICAL CARE (prescription drugs and medical supplies, physicians' services, eyeglasses and eye care, hospital services)
RECREATION (televisions, toys, pets and pet products, sports equipment, admissions);
EDUCATION AND COMMUNICATION (college tuition, postage, telephone services, computer software and accessories);
OTHER GOODS AND SERVICES (tobacco and smoking products, haircuts and other personal services, funeral expenses).

Also included within these major groups are various government-charged user fees, such as water and sewerage charges, auto registration fees, and vehicle tolls. In addition, the CPI includes taxes (such as sales and excise taxes) that are directly associated with the prices of specific goods and services. However, the CPI excludes taxes (such as income and Social Security taxes) not directly associated with the purchase of consumer goods and services.

The CPI does not include investment items, such as stocks, bonds, real estate, and life insurance. (These items relate to savings and not to day-to-day consumption expenses.)

For each of the more than 200 item categories, using scientific statistical procedures, the Bureau has chosen samples of several hundred specific items within selected business establishments frequented by consumers to represent the thousands of varieties available in the marketplace. For example, in a given supermarket, the Bureau may choose a plastic bag of golden delicious apples, U.S. extra fancy grade, weighing 4.4 pounds to represent the Apples category.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2011, 12:01:29 PM »
So now it's in the weighting?

First it didn't take them into account... Now they weight them differently?

Man... you really need to stop... Just admit you were wrong man.

It's not a crime to be wrong... I've been wrong many times.

That one article isn't even right... They aren't REMOVED... So that's a fucking lie.

Why are you putting out lies?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2011, 12:03:33 PM »
So now it's in the weighting?

First it didn't take them into account... Now they weight them differently?

Man... you really need to stop... Just admit you were wrong man.

It's not a crime to be wrong... I've been wrong many times.

That one article isn't even right... They aren't REMOVED... So that's a fucking lie.

Why are you putting out lies?

Again -  tell me one item, service, good, that costs less or the same today as it did last year that most people use.   Even one.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2011, 12:07:03 PM »

Again -  tell me one item, service, good, that costs less or the same today as it did last year that most people use.   Even one.

Blu-Ray players... Game Consoles...  The 5 Dollar foot long from subway.

Then there's Lap Dances and Alcohol prices.

Do you want more?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2011, 12:10:40 PM »

Do you want more?

\

lcd tvs :D, i just bought a 3d 61 inch sony brevia lcd 1080p 240htz for dirt cheap.

this kid is getting caught in lies over and over, why the need to lie is what i dont get, this issue is so important yet lying is allowed.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2011, 12:11:51 PM »

Do you want more?

Yes, ones that most people use every day.  

Gas - higher

Food - higher

health care - higher

clothes - higher

Tuition - higher

car prices - higher

commodities - higher  

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2011, 12:12:03 PM »
\

lcd tvs :D, i just bought a 3d 61 inch sony brevia lcd 1080p 240htz for dirt cheap.

this kid is getting caught in lies over and over, why the need to lie is what i dont get, this issue is so important yet lying is allowed.

Computers, Cell Phones, Hell... even CARS of some manufacturers are cheaper now.

Oh... HOUSES... can't forget HOUSES.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2011, 12:13:28 PM »

Gas - higher

Food - higher

health care - higher

clothes - higher

Tuition - higher

car prices - higher

commodities - higher 

What the fuck are you talking about? People don't drink every day or watch TV?!

Get out of here... Plus, now you keep changing the criteria?

You listed specific things that cost more... That's all.

So what? I can list just as many that cost less.

And ALL food has not gone up.

The McDonalds dollar menu and the 5 dollar foot long are still the same price. ;)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2011, 12:13:38 PM »
Computers, Cell Phones, Hell... even CARS of some manufacturers are cheaper now.

Oh... HOUSES... can't forget HOUSES.

Most people are stuck in their houses for life at this point if they have a mortgage they took out in the last 7 or so years.

Housing is going nowhere for years.    

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2011, 12:15:54 PM »

Gas - higher

Food - higher

health care - higher

clothes - higher

Tuition - higher

car prices - higher

commodities - higher  

car prices are not higher. Gas is a non renewable resource expect it to go up unless alternatives means are found. The more you have the less it will cost, the more its used the more the demand increases, quite simple. Tuition is similar, college degrees are more common, thus they can profit more and as education excels it becomes less desirable to have just a degree. I for example have a degree and doctorate and paid a ridiculous amount for them, i could do nothing with just a degree while 30 years ago my father who had only highschool could make over a 100gs.

it more complex then the black and white.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2011, 12:18:34 PM »
Again - talk to the average guy on the street and ask him if he is experiencing inflation. 

Food, energy, clothing, health care, commodities, etc.   

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2011, 12:23:14 PM »
Most people are stuck in their houses for life at this point if they have a mortgage they took out in the last 7 or so years.

Housing is going nowhere for years.     

It is actually still going DOWN... house purchases will be cheaper next week than today.

Still CHEAPER.

So I've met and exceeded your criteria by far.

Can you just admit that on this point, in regards to inflation, you're just wrong?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2011, 12:24:51 PM »
It is actually still going DOWN... house purchases will be cheaper next week than today.

Still CHEAPER.

So I've met and exceeded your criteria by far.

Can you just admit that on this point, in regards to inflation, you're just wrong?

Doesnt matter - home prices could fall to almost zero and it wont matter at this point. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2011, 12:27:48 PM »

Doesnt matter - home prices could fall to almost zero and it wont matter at this point. 

Is it or is not a "one item, service, good, that costs less or the same today as it did last year that most people use"?

Along with the other 8 -10 I've listed.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2011, 12:29:38 PM »
Is it or is not a "one item, service, good, that costs less or the same today as it did last year that most people use"?

Along with the other 8 -10 I've listed.

For sure - no doubt - but for the average guy already locked into a mortgage, it does not matter one bit since he cant get out of his existing mortgage and benefit from that price deflation at all. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2011, 12:34:21 PM »
For sure - no doubt - but for the average guy already locked into a mortgage, it does not matter one bit since he cant get out of his existing mortgage and benefit from that price deflation at all. 

You made the criteria... I responded.

That's all.

People who plan on living in their house do not care that it's not "worth as much". Their personal property taxes are now lower because of the change in assessment helps them.

In the next 10 years, housing will be back up and their value will not have lost anything... it will even gain within 15 years (you heard it here first).

Only people who wanted to flip that house care... people who want to live in their home are fine and their house will eventually regain value.

I again ask the original question, why do you talk about Obama and inflation, when the largest years of inflation in the past 10 years were 2005 and 2006?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2011, 12:43:26 PM »
You made the criteria... I responded.

That's all.

People who plan on living in their house do not care that it's not "worth as much". Their personal property taxes are now lower because of the change in assessment helps them.

In the next 10 years, housing will be back up and their value will not have lost anything... it will even gain within 15 years (you heard it here first).

Only people who wanted to flip that house care... people who want to live in their home are fine and their house will eventually regain value.

I again ask the original question, why do you talk about Obama and inflation, when the largest years of inflation in the past 10 years were 2005 and 2006?

Obama is causing massive inflation in energy and food and health care through his policies. 

Pick any item and compare the price from 2008 to now.     

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2011, 12:45:14 PM »

Obama is causing massive inflation in energy and food and health care through his policies. 

Pick any item and compare the price from 2008 to now.     

Yes, in those 3 areas I agree with you.

However, that does not equate to inflation across the board.

And the "food" inflation isn't that big actually... Now, energy and healthcare, absolutely... I am in agreement that the inflation on those has increased drastically. My co-pay at thee office went from 10 bucks to 15 bucks... That's a 33% increase.

So I agree... those are TWO (energy and healthcare) are big... I agree.

That is not inflation as a complete whole.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2011, 12:53:22 PM »
Yes, in those 3 areas I agree with you.

However, that does not equate to inflation across the board.

And the "food" inflation isn't that big actually... Now, energy and healthcare, absolutely... I am in agreement that the inflation on those has increased drastically. My co-pay at thee office went from 10 bucks to 15 bucks... That's a 33% increase.

So I agree... those are TWO (energy and healthcare) are big... I agree.

That is not inflation as a complete whole.

Energy alone is a massive whack on the economy and consumer.   If you remember - when gas prices went crazy in 2007, thats when shit started hitting the fan. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2011, 12:54:58 PM »
Energy alone is a massive whack on the economy and consumer.   If you remember - when gas prices went crazy in 2007, thats when shit started hitting the fan. 

I agree... It is a huge one... No question about it. I would love to get gas prices back down to 2004 levels. Life would be much easier.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2011, 01:08:26 PM »
I agree... It is a huge one... No question about it. I would love to get gas prices back down to 2004 levels. Life would be much easier.

they wont for a while, unless they secure better contracts and better sources. However, the best way around it is fuel efficient cares, gas is a terrible energy source anyway wrt its effects after combustion, plus its gaurenteed to fail by its nature.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2011, 01:18:58 PM »
they wont for a while, unless they secure better contracts and better sources. However, the best way around it is fuel efficient cares, gas is a terrible energy source anyway wrt its effects after combustion, plus its gaurenteed to fail by its nature.

Unfortunately there is no better portable power source than the internal combustion engine.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2011, 01:23:44 PM »
Unfortunately there is no better portable power source than the internal combustion engine.

Oh don't worry - some magical new 'green energy" is only two years and 20 trillion of taxpayer dollars away.