Author Topic: question for christians  (Read 2354 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
question for christians
« on: July 30, 2011, 10:40:56 PM »
I'm not christian, but I'm very interested in all of the history behind christianity.

The more I read and watch about early christianity, the more it starts to stick out to me that today's christians don't remotely look like they believe or practice the same religion from those early years.  

Does this bug you at all?  Or are you happy with the morphs that have occurred through the centuries?  Do you just write changes off as God's will or something?

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Re: question for christians
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 10:55:05 AM »

The more I read and watch about early christianity, the more it starts to stick out to me that today's christians don't remotely look like they believe or practice the same religion from those early years.  

Can you give some examples of the differences you are talking about?
R

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 07:17:39 AM »
I'm not christian, but I'm very interested in all of the history behind christianity.

Does this bug you at all?  Or are you happy with the morphs that have occurred through the centuries?  Do you just write changes off as God's will or something?

Whatcha talkin bout Willis?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 09:51:47 PM »

Your question is vague, Christains are preaching, praising, singing, rejoicing the Gospel as always. They are also being persecuted in the thousands per year as alweays as well.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 07:25:39 PM »
Your question is vague, Christains are preaching, praising, singing, rejoicing the Gospel as always. They are also being persecuted in the thousands per year as alweays as well.

persecution isn't confined to Christians but lately they tend to proclaim it the loudest.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 09:49:49 AM »
persecution isn't confined to Christians but lately they tend to proclaim it the loudest.

You're right it isn't, but a growing trend in adults (young adults in particular) is an outright disdain for Christians.....today it's cool to hate Christ/Christians/Christianity.  That coupled with the vast armies of Google warriors worldwide and never before has the outcry against Christians been greater.  Regardless, this type of position is expected by Christians....it's biblical.  It's just the sheer numbers of folks (worldwide) openly hating Christians that has brought about the louder than normal proclamations.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 10:16:14 AM »
In some other countries the persecution is pretty pervasive.

Iran’s Christian Shutdown
Posted by Frank Crimi Bio ↓ on Jul 19th, 2011

http://frontpagemag.com/2011/07/19/iran%e2%80%99s-christian-shutdown/

Iran’s Supreme Court has upheld a lower court ruling that Yosef Nadarkhani, a 32 year-old Iranian evangelical pastor, must reject his Christian faith or be put to death. It’s the latest incident in the Islamist Republic’s continuous and increased assault on its small Christian population.

(full article at link)
R

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 10:21:07 AM »
You're right it isn't, but a growing trend in adults (young adults in particular) is an outright disdain for Christians.....today it's cool to hate Christ/Christians/Christianity.  That coupled with the vast armies of Google warriors worldwide and never before has the outcry against Christians been greater.  Regardless, this type of position is expected by Christians....it's biblical.  It's just the sheer numbers of folks (worldwide) openly hating Christians that has brought about the louder than normal proclamations.

Well it's a nice change from when Atheists were hated and despised.. I guess the pendulum is swinging

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2011, 12:33:33 PM »
Well it's a nice change from when Atheists were hated and despised.. I guess the pendulum is swinging

Good news for atheists and agnostics is that their position will continue to receive favor and praise from the entire world and will increase significantly. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2011, 05:47:05 PM »
Good news for atheists and agnostics is that their position will continue to receive favor and praise from the entire world and will increase significantly. 

Sweeeet!!  ;)

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2011, 09:52:39 PM »
Live the faith as the Christ taught it and you would be a lamp unto the feet of all you know.  Seek not to incite nor even to instruct.  Rather instead inspire.  These words are from a Christian friend of  mine, one of the few I know that knows the Christ.  My reply?

I was spiritually orphaned before ever I was born again.  I never pick on those I know to be true followers of Jesus of Nazareth.

And just so you know it's really me, fuck the noise that is...islam.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2011, 06:54:32 AM »

Welcome back Reeves!!
R