Author Topic: Magikusar's daily/weekly musings  (Read 74418 times)

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
Re: Obama is for the rich
« Reply #650 on: December 02, 2012, 07:34:26 PM »
Are taxes going up on the middle class? those that net around 30-50 grand a year?

massively

obama tax hike

then obama care

the inflation from fed and crony spenddings

not to mention new rounds fo crony green spending

all psuhing gas n house n food prices through roof

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
Re: debt to 17T how big will it be when obama leaves? Bush isn't spending this $$
« Reply #651 on: December 02, 2012, 07:37:47 PM »
Force us to deal with the mathematical facts of our mess, not Obamas Kenyan math where 80 billion a year in tax hikes is a responsible way to deal w trillion dollar deficit yearly.

I see... and the fiscal cliff is a responsible way to do so? Oh and about "Kenyan math"... you are funny; obsessed, and completely delusional, but funny.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
Re: debt to 17T how big will it be when obama leaves? Bush isn't spending this $$
« Reply #652 on: December 02, 2012, 07:39:13 PM »
Well, if you say so...

How will the cliff help, exactly?

The cliff is a self imposed debt limit.  Instead of dealing with it, however, congress chickens out and kicks the can down the road.  Each time this is done, it only ensures that the problem will get bigger and bigger and be even more difficult to contend with.  The real cliff will be when the world stops lending the U.S money.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #653 on: December 02, 2012, 07:52:36 PM »
The cliff is a self imposed debt limit.  Instead of dealing with it, however, congress chickens out and kicks the can down the road.  Each time this is done, it only ensures that the problem will get bigger and bigger and be even more difficult to contend with.  The real cliff will be when the world stops lending the U.S money.

Really!? Thanks for letting me know. You see, I thought it was a term that referred to a law that has already been passed and which is scheduled to go into effect shortly, resulting in tax increases and drastic spending cuts across the board. It's so good to know I was wrong! ::)

After such a schooling, I feel almost silly to ask you to also explain how anything that you said actually answers my question, which was "how will actually going off the "Fiscal Cliff" help in improving the precarious economic situation of our country?"

It doesn't? Oh, ok.

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #654 on: December 02, 2012, 07:52:42 PM »
President Obama wants to raise taxes on anyone making over $250,000.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #655 on: December 02, 2012, 07:58:56 PM »

He's also going to Fuck the middleclass. There is no way around it.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #656 on: December 02, 2012, 08:05:34 PM »
I want to go off the cliff so obama can get the blame and it all crashes. 

have you already forgotten the election and the will of the people

if we go "off the cliff" the public will blame the Repubs

there is overwhelming public support for raising the top marginal tax rates by a small percentage which is all the Repubs have to agree to do

If they don't agree to this then it will happen anyway except taxes will also be raised on everyone

you've learned NOTHING if you don't understand the Repubs will take the brunt of the blame

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #657 on: December 02, 2012, 08:08:18 PM »

the "cliff" is the spending cuts which neither party wants but which I believe Obama will let happen in the short run if necessary

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: replace all oracle used in government with postgresql free software
« Reply #658 on: December 02, 2012, 08:09:45 PM »
OpenBSD? Really? I think OpenBSD is a great secure O/S, but I didn't think you'd be one of the people who gargle Theo's balls.

have you forgotten he claims to be some kind of computer expert

personally, I'm amazed he can even remember his log on info for this site

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #659 on: December 02, 2012, 08:16:21 PM »
the "cliff" is the spending cuts which neither party wants but which I believe Obama will let happen in the short run if necessary

Again, not entirely accurate: the cliff represents the point in time at which the already passed measures become effective, which will happen unless Congress and the White House can come to some sort of understanding. As for whether it happens (and who is to blame for it) I'll wait and see what happens. Personally, I think it's likely that they will not reach a compromise, or if they do, it will be a last-second "extension" to give them more time.

But the question still remains: how will those two things help improve the precarious fiscal situation that the United States is currently in? The spending cuts won't help address the issue of the deficit and the tax hikes won't help the economy improve.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #660 on: December 02, 2012, 08:27:59 PM »
Again, not entirely accurate: the cliff represents the point in time at which the already passed measures become effective, which will happen unless Congress and the White House can come to some sort of understanding. As for whether it happens (and who is to blame for it) I'll wait and see what happens. Personally, I think it's likely that they will not reach a compromise, or if they do, it will be a last-second "extension" to give them more time.

But the question still remains: how will those two things help improve the precarious fiscal situation that the United States is currently in? The spending cuts won't help address the issue of the deficit and the tax hikes won't help the economy improve.

fair enough

I'm saying that I don't think the tax increase will be a bad thing for the economy (they will quickly return tax rates for those < 250k if we go over the cliff) so the only bad thing will be the drastic and what I've read are broad and as yet not specific spending cuts spending cuts and I think that's the only actual danger to the economy

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: Democrats wont cure inequality
« Reply #661 on: December 02, 2012, 08:49:09 PM »
great post by avxo. bravo.

however, personally, i will usually vote for the democrat. i like voting for democrats. they arent perfect. but IMO they are better than the republicans.  and i base that not so much on principles concerning proper governance, but based on the personalities and eloquence and percievable intelligence of the candidates from both parties. democrats just tend to come across as more genuine, thoughtful, and intellectual to me.

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
Watching red dawn kinda makes me wana nuke china, is that bad?
« Reply #662 on: December 02, 2012, 09:54:28 PM »
just an emotional reaction I guess

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #663 on: December 02, 2012, 10:04:23 PM »
Great. I'm not sure announcing your decision on the subject is necessary; just don't vote democrat and be done with it. If you need a reminder, maybe make a note on your fancy Moleskin notebook?

I refuse to vote for Republicans because I refuse to support those who shit on science and rationality, choosing instead to promote religious myths and rely on faith. Just like I refuse to vote for Democrats because I refuse to support those who think that their ends justify the seizure of my means.

When it comes right down to it, both parties are dominated by people who not only fancy themselves authorities who know how others are to live their lives, but are giddy with glee at the prospect of being able to force compliance at the point of the Government's proverbial gun.

Sorry, I won't vote (R) anymore than I will vote (D). I just like freedom way too much.

manwhile all the applied science in USA is created by republican engineers funded by republican CEO and MBA in activebusinesses, sigh

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #664 on: December 02, 2012, 10:31:54 PM »
manwhile all the applied science in USA is created by republican engineers funded by republican CEO and MBA in activebusinesses, sigh

Even if all of that were true (hint: it's not) what does this have to do with the Republicans who are on the ballot, and their political positions and beliefs?

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #665 on: December 02, 2012, 10:33:21 PM »
He's also going to Fuck the middleclass. There is no way around it.

How is he going to do that?

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #666 on: December 02, 2012, 10:35:24 PM »

yes his implementation hits everyone

say vs do

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #667 on: December 02, 2012, 10:35:48 PM »
How is he going to do that?

obamacare lol. What else is nuking the operation costs for all businesses, big and small?  I might be bothered to argue seriously but I believe you are a well known Obama apologetic.

all drugs - TPPIIP

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Watching red dawn kinda makes me wana nuke china, is that bad?
« Reply #668 on: December 02, 2012, 11:16:12 PM »
just an emotional reaction I guess

Not so much bad as stupid

I vaguely recall some poster on this board who loved Red Dawn

You should talk to him

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #669 on: December 03, 2012, 12:40:33 AM »
The original was freakin awesome.

The remake like conan totally blows chunks.

I am with trump, lets raise import taxes on china and japan goods.

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #670 on: December 03, 2012, 12:54:05 AM »
Even if all of that were true (hint: it's not) what does this have to do with the Republicans who are on the ballot, and their political positions and beliefs?

remember NASA is nothing but an overpaid burocracy :)

vote republican to reduce money going to proven failures liek green energy just to line the pockets fo doofus obama campaign donors who then fire everyoen after 6 months and call it a day: 90B n counting of that sofar

how many doctors could be trained for 90,000,000,000 dollarS?

DAMN

and yes almost all applied science is made by enginerrs and MBA businessmen who vote republican nonstop

thanks

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #671 on: December 03, 2012, 12:58:54 AM »
The original was freakin awesome.

The remake like conan totally blows chunks.

I am with trump, lets raise import taxes on china and japan goods.

Brutal comb over.

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #672 on: December 03, 2012, 01:30:14 AM »
no comment on the import tax idea?

obsessed schmoe style with the combover eh?

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #673 on: December 03, 2012, 01:40:48 AM »
remember NASA is nothing but an overpaid burocracy :)

Perhaps, but many of the advances in technology we take for granted today come from NASA and the Space program in general. And frankly, I'd much rather see my tax dollars fund NASA than just about any other part of the Federal government. Hell, I'd gladly donate money to NASA.

vote republican to reduce money going to proven failures liek green energy just to line the pockets fo doofus obama campaign donors who then fire everyoen after 6 months and call it a day: 90B n counting of that sofar

I see no evidence that voting Republican would have any impact on this; the particular projects may differ and the names on the check may change, but the memo line will always read the same: "PORK".

how many doctors could be trained for 90,000,000,000 dollarS?

I don't think it's the job of the government to train doctors - so whether 90,000,000,000 can train one thousand or ten thousand doctors is irrelevant. It's a red herring.

and yes almost all applied science is made by enginerrs and MBA businessmen who vote republican nonstop

Repeating an unproven assertion won't magically make it true and doesn't count as proof. You are welcome to provide specifics that prove your assertion if you can get them. But I won't hold my breath, because (a) there is no such evidence and (b) even if there was you never provide evidence to back up the word salad you throw around the boards with remarkable regularity.

thanks

You're welcome.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #674 on: December 03, 2012, 01:51:11 AM »
no comment on the import tax idea?

obsessed schmoe style with the combover eh?
I'm for tariffs being imposed on products from China.  Not so much for Japan.  Japan isn't the problem, China is.