Author Topic: MMA is a joke. Traditional Kempo Karate is much better.  (Read 23653 times)

OptimusPrime1980

• Getbig IV
  • FODA SE! ;)
Re: MMA is a joke. Traditional Kempo Karate is much better.
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2011, 07:13:53 PM »
Wrong!  All the boxing skills in the world won't do shit for you if you can't stay on your feet. 
he was saying streetfight..... changes that you get in a streetfight with a capable fighter are slim...
boxing skills are very, very important!!!
to get you to the ground, a dude has to get near you... right in the strikezone...
i train mma, jiu jitsu, and muay thai and boxing.. boxing is by far the most difficult and very important.
even in mma! if i could choose 2 sports it would be boxing mixed with wrestling, gets you very far in mma...
a jiu jitsu guy has a very tough time getting people to the ground, once there though it is lights out... ;D
a wrestler stays on his feet very very well! combine that with lightning fast striking and hard punches.... = ko machine....

a fight always starts standing!
mma would be far more exciting without the endless rolling around imo.
should be a rule max 1 minute of rolling.....
not applied when a guy delivers decent ground and pound off course...
just endless , dumbass rolling...or pushing a dude against the cage for minutes.... = boring...  ;D

Be Happy,
Optimus

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2011, 06:06:54 AM »
Wrong!  All the boxing skills in the world won't do shit for you if you can't stay on your feet. 

I've seen and been in my fair share of bar fights and scraps. Everyone has lasted well under a minute! It's usually a few punches thrown, whoever hits the quickest and hardest usually wins! What are you gonna do shoot a double on someone in the middle of a bar or in the alley when other people are standing around who can kick you in the head  ::) Wrestling is good to know but I would much rather have skilled hands you can end the fight right away!

How many fights do you see where people actually have room to go for takedowns maybe in the backyard! MMA isn't streetfighting!

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2011, 06:08:27 AM »
mma would be far more exciting without the endless rolling around imo.
should be a rule max 1 minute of rolling.....
not applied when a guy delivers decent ground and pound off course...
just endless , dumbass rolling...or pushing a dude against the cage for minutes.... = boring...  ;D

They should use the yellow card rule like pride.

mame09

• Getbig III
  • its simple if it jiggles its fat
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2011, 05:16:14 PM »
This has already been settled in the cage you dumb ass.  You can be a head-crushing kempo karate savage, but if you don't have take down defense or enough BJJ knowledge to defend submissions, you're going to get ground & pounded into unconsciousness or chocked out.

If you could only know one martial art and have no knowledge of the others, this is the order of effectiveness:

1. BJJ
2. Wrestling
3. Muay Thai
4. Karate
5. Judo
6. Boxing

not a very good list for being a complete fighter.

1.standup (not just your standard boxing, thai and karate. they have some aspects of a complete fighter but there is so much more that
different ways of attacking and defending your opponent that those styles do not teach)

1. wrestling (you must have wrestling no ifs or buts about it. you want to keep the fight standing you have to earn the right.
or if a fighter has better stand up then you take him down)

2. submission (there are all different types of submission style but they all pretty much come from japanese jj.
shamrock fought gracie i think for the second time and he learnt the blue print to pretty much stuff most submission attempt from the guard)

standup and wrestling are pretty much what you need to be a successfull fighter. 

learning submissions is important for when you have to defend and when you thats your last resort to win

mame09

• Getbig III
  • its simple if it jiggles its fat
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2011, 05:20:15 PM »
I've seen and been in my fair share of bar fights and scraps. Everyone has lasted well under a minute! It's usually a few punches thrown, whoever hits the quickest and hardest usually wins! What are you gonna do shoot a double on someone in the middle of a bar or in the alley when other people are standing around who can kick you in the head  ::) Wrestling is good to know but I would much rather have skilled hands you can end the fight right away!

How many fights do you see where people actually have room to go for takedowns maybe in the backyard! MMA isn't streetfighting!

this man has obviously been in a bar fight and when you have little room to move you better know how to box or have a heavy punch.

but with that being said if you take the fight outside thats a whole nother ball game

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2011, 08:53:48 AM »

Wrong! All the wrestling skills in the world won't do shit for you if you get knocked the hell out.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2011, 09:12:39 PM »
Oh brother, now we're bringing weapons into the debate ::)  Closing in is very easy if you know what you're doing...very easy.
Weapons don't exist in the real world?  ::) The threat of a second attacker doesn't exist in the real world?  ::) ::)

idiot

!