Author Topic: Getting TRT. What should I expect?  (Read 11143 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Getting TRT. What should I expect?
« on: August 08, 2011, 11:57:29 AM »
I went to my Dr to have  a blood test done on my hormonal levels.  Before I went I cracked one off three times to really deplete my stores lol.  Anyways. They called me a couple days later to tell me that my T levels were low and said they can put me on a testosterone patch or gel.  I told them that I sweat a lot and would prefer an injectible, they agreed so I have my first shot this week.  The doctor will administer the shots.

How many milligrams of test can I expect to get in a shot?  While there I am going to ask for a prescription for anavar.  Turns out my insurance will only charge me $5 for a 90 day supply of 10mg tabs at 20mg  day.  

I assume the test shots will be kind of low so should I expect any bodybuilding benefit?  The funny thing is I am low in test but I am always horny as fuck.  But my energy has been in the gutter for a while.

Also I have put on a little gut as of late.  Kind of slacked on my diet.  Should I start "eating clean" now or should I take advantage and try to put on some extra muscle first then diet down. 

Anyone else here ever get TRT?

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
Re: Getting TRT. What should I expect?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 03:05:37 PM »
Anavar script? ;D

You will be lucky to get a 200mg shot of Test every 10 days or so.

Really depends on your Doctor.

I would just train normal and see what happens. Any increase in test will make your training sessions better, might as well tighten up the diet and get the full advantage.

TRT won't do shit for bulking unless you have one of those "special" doctors. If it were me i'd take whatever you get and lean out.

Just my 2 cc.

8)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 09:57:46 PM »
I have a TRT script for 200mg of Cypionate per wk. It's not enough to give me any bodybuilding type benefit but it's enough to keep me functioning like a normal human being and as I've discovered that's worth a lot.

Vikingman

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 06:46:38 AM »
Im gonnna be 40 and thinking of TRT but I realize Ill have to do that the rest of my life -I dont think Im low but getting there-gonna try a cycle of Anavar first -thoughts?-
CROM!!

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 07:26:44 PM »
I'm not sure messing with the bodies natural lowering of it's T levels as you get older is going to end well  :-\  The body was made to have lower T levels as you get older for some reason or else you would have high T levels as you got older.  Like a see saw, if unbalance it, having high T levels as your get older, another reaction might occur that isn't wanted.

TEAM Nasser

TheOne

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 08:00:42 PM »
My doc prescribes 200mg Test Cyp every 5 days + a whole other load of beneficial stuff.  ;D

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 09:17:25 PM »
Im gonnna be 40 and thinking of TRT but I realize Ill have to do that the rest of my life -I dont think Im low but getting there-gonna try a cycle of Anavar first -thoughts?-

Anavar will suppress your natural testosterone production. Less than most steroids, but it's still suppressive.

I'm not sure messing with the bodies natural lowering of it's T levels as you get older is going to end well  :-\  The body was made to have lower T levels as you get older for some reason or else you would have high T levels as you got older.  Like a see saw, if unbalance it, having high T levels as your get older, another reaction might occur that isn't wanted.

I don't think the body was necessarily made to have low testosterone when you get older. There's several reasons low testosterone can occur....stress, body-fat, poor diet and exercise habits can all be contributing factors. However, as we age our body also simply starts wearing down. Things just don't work as well as they did when we were younger. Not to sound morbid, but we're slowly dying every day for lack of a better way to put it.

Look at it like this, the heart will wear out, and if you need a new one you can get one. Point being, if there's something available that can improve your life, something your body needs to function properly and more efficiently, why wouldn't you get it?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2011, 10:29:44 PM »
I'm not sure messing with the bodies natural lowering of it's T levels as you get older is going to end well  :-\  The body was made to have lower T levels as you get older for some reason or else you would have high T levels as you got older.  Like a see saw, if unbalance it, having high T levels as your get older, another reaction might occur that isn't wanted.

TRT is fairly new in mainstream geriatric medicine. So you are right, there may be some unwanted side effects. However, many in the medical community feel TRT is beneficial in maintaining good health. As for the reason testosterone levels reduce as we age, it is part of the natural process of aging....but then, so is dying.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2011, 11:11:56 PM »
My doc prescribes 200mg Test Cyp every 5 days + a whole other load of beneficial stuff.  ;D

I like how your doctor thinks. Any chance he practices near Portland, OR?

TheOne

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 12:03:43 AM »
Nah, closer to home in Texas

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2011, 07:21:21 AM »
Anavar will suppress your natural testosterone production. Less than most steroids, but it's still suppressive.

I don't think the body was necessarily made to have low testosterone when you get older. There's several reasons low testosterone can occur....stress, body-fat, poor diet and exercise habits can all be contributing factors. However, as we age our body also simply starts wearing down. Things just don't work as well as they did when we were younger. Not to sound morbid, but we're slowly dying every day for lack of a better way to put it.

Look at it like this, the heart will wear out, and if you need a new one you can get one. Point being, if there's something available that can improve your life, something your body needs to function properly and more efficiently, why wouldn't you get it?

I know, I was just saying maybe our bodies need low T as we get older to cope with other things happening in our bodies we are not aware of.  I would think about getting on TRT, but just long term who knows what side effects it might have.  It would definitely make life more enjoyable and you would have more energy I am not going to doubt that.

TRT is fairly new in mainstream geriatric medicine. So you are right, there may be some unwanted side effects. However, many in the medical community feel TRT is beneficial in maintaining good health. As for the reason testosterone levels reduce as we age, it is part of the natural process of aging....but then, so is dying.

true, and your last comment and then so is dying LOL, funny :)

TEAM Nasser

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2011, 01:23:17 PM »
I know, I was just saying maybe our bodies need low T as we get older to cope with other things happening in our bodies we are not aware of.  I would think about getting on TRT, but just long term who knows what side effects it might have.  It would definitely make life more enjoyable and you would have more energy I am not going to doubt that.

It has been my experience being on TRT for the past three years that it really helps me with depression. Prior to being on TRT, I took Wellbutrin XL for depression. Since being on TRT, I've not needed it....guess I traded one medication for another, huh? Regardless of which medications one takes, they all have side effects. I've also been a cholesterol reducing medication since I was in my early 40's. Statin's have side effects too....some of them not so good. Fortunately, I've not experienced them. TRT gives me a general sense of wellbeing, both mentally and physically.

It is very important to distinguish between use and abuse of medications. It seems to me that most folks who have bad sides from taking TRT, etc. do so because they are self-dosing and not being monitored by a doctor. In the past, I took D-bol as prescribed by our family doctor when I was a teenager and later when I was an adult. The dose was so small compared to what people say they take for bodybuilding purposes. I took 5 mg a day. I've read where some folks take something like 50 mg a day. Imagine, that's ten times a doctor prescribed dosage. It is only reasonable to conclude this big a dose is going to react differently in the average person's body than a much more modest dose will. Any medication overdosed can be very harmful. Take enough Aspirin and it will eat a hole in you gut.

Vikingman

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2011, 02:05:10 PM »

Will I need PCT after the Var?-
Im holding off on test for a bit unless its low-because Im a moody person-_Im a teacher LOL and Im looking to cut and maintain and a big part is my constant injuries and wearing down between heavy lifting and grappling-I need the collagen synthesis aspect and Im def not going on Deca -at least not now-but I feel that after many years of natural training my body is breaking down and if I wanna continue I need a little aid-I already have kids and now its time to focus on myself a little -will HRT have some harmful effects?-Oh well! because the rate Im going and the arthritis in my family I d rather make myself stronger as ageing is not fun -Ill keep people updated-Im around 200 lbs-around 12% bf and much bigger than the avg person-and with functional muscle as well-(boxing BJJ etc)=thx for the help
CROM!!

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2011, 02:48:47 PM »

I understand what you're saying, but when you look at the symptoms of low testosterone, and then the possible effects of low testosterone if left ignored, it's hard to argue against TRT.

Regardless of how old we get, the basic functions of our body do not change, we still require the same things to properly function.

Anyway, I always think these two list help. List one, symptoms of low testosterone, list two, possible effects if low testosterone is ignored:

Symptoms:
•   Decline or Loss of Libido
•   Erectile Dysfunction
•   Loss of Muscle Mass
•   Loss of Strength
•   Increased Body-Fat
•   Loss of Energy
•   Loss of Concentration
•   Depression
•   Insomnia

Effects:
•   Diabetes
•   High Cholesterol
•   Alzheimer's or any Loss of Memory
•   Anxiety
•   Hair-Loss
•   Osteoporosis
•   Infertility
•   Polyuria (Frequent Urination)
•   Frequent or Constant Soreness, Aches & Pains in the Muscle Tissue

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2011, 03:04:55 PM »

Will I need PCT after the Var?-
Im holding off on test for a bit unless its low-because Im a moody person-_Im a teacher LOL and Im looking to cut and maintain and a big part is my constant injuries and wearing down between heavy lifting and grappling-I need the collagen synthesis aspect and Im def not going on Deca -at least not now-but I feel that after many years of natural training my body is breaking down and if I wanna continue I need a little aid-I already have kids and now its time to focus on myself a little -will HRT have some harmful effects?-Oh well! because the rate Im going and the arthritis in my family I d rather make myself stronger as ageing is not fun -Ill keep people updated-Im around 200 lbs-around 12% bf and much bigger than the avg person-and with functional muscle as well-(boxing BJJ etc)=thx for the help

It would be nice if you knew what your test levels were before you started. As far as needing PCT, it's hard to say for certain since we don't know what your current levels are. Anavar won't suppress your levels as much as a lot of other steroids, more than most people think though. If you're still in a good range but on the low side, after a 6-8wk course of Anavar your test levels will be sub-par....there's no way around this. If you're naturally not close to the bottom end of a suitable range, although Anavar will lower your levels you might be OK....but I would be willing to bet no matter where you are naturally your test levels will be on the low side of things once you discontinue Anavar use.

For the record, based on the things you mentioned, 200mg of Testosterone-Cypioante per wk will do far more for you than a small course of Anavar. The problems you mentioned will be vastly improved upon and there is absolutely no way on this earth you could have some sort of aggression problem with this unless you have some sort of aggression problem to begin with.

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2011, 04:51:30 PM »
It has been my experience being on TRT for the past three years that it really helps me with depression. Prior to being on TRT, I took Wellbutrin XL for depression. Since being on TRT, I've not needed it....guess I traded one medication for another, huh? Regardless of which medications one takes, they all have side effects. I've also been a cholesterol reducing medication since I was in my early 40's. Statin's have side effects too....some of them not so good. Fortunately, I've not experienced them. TRT gives me a general sense of wellbeing, both mentally and physically.

It is very important to distinguish between use and abuse of medications. It seems to me that most folks who have bad sides from taking TRT, etc. do so because they are self-dosing and not being monitored by a doctor. In the past, I took D-bol as prescribed by our family doctor when I was a teenager and later when I was an adult. The dose was so small compared to what people say they take for bodybuilding purposes. I took 5 mg a day. I've read where some folks take something like 50 mg a day. Imagine, that's ten times a doctor prescribed dosage. It is only reasonable to conclude this big a dose is going to react differently in the average person's body than a much more modest dose will. Any medication overdosed can be very harmful. Take enough Aspirin and it will eat a hole in you gut.

good post prime, I really don't have a reply, you have left me speechless.  Good info on TRT, and good info all around with that post.

TEAM Nasser

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2011, 04:53:28 PM »
I understand what you're saying, but when you look at the symptoms of low testosterone, and then the possible effects of low testosterone if left ignored, it's hard to argue against TRT.

Regardless of how old we get, the basic functions of our body do not change, we still require the same things to properly function.

Anyway, I always think these two list help. List one, symptoms of low testosterone, list two, possible effects if low testosterone is ignored:

Symptoms:
•   Decline or Loss of Libido
•   Erectile Dysfunction
•   Loss of Muscle Mass
•   Loss of Strength
•   Increased Body-Fat
•   Loss of Energy
•   Loss of Concentration
•   Depression
•   Insomnia

Effects:
•   Diabetes
•   High Cholesterol
•   Alzheimer's or any Loss of Memory
•   Anxiety
•   Hair-Loss
•   Osteoporosis
•   Infertility
•   Polyuria (Frequent Urination)
•   Frequent or Constant Soreness, Aches & Pains in the Muscle Tissue

Looking at that list I would choose the second one lol, your probably right TRT is better option.  All meds do have side effects like prime said above.  I wonder how long the current people on trt and gh anti aging will live?

TEAM Nasser

Vikingman

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2011, 07:11:04 PM »
It would be nice if you knew what your test levels were before you started. As far as needing PCT, it's hard to say for certain since we don't know what your current levels are. Anavar won't suppress your levels as much as a lot of other steroids, more than most people think though. If you're still in a good range but on the low side, after a 6-8wk course of Anavar your test levels will be sub-par....there's no way around this. If you're naturally not close to the bottom end of a suitable range, although Anavar will lower your levels you might be OK....but I would be willing to bet no matter where you are naturally your test levels will be on the low side of things once you discontinue Anavar use.

For the record, based on the things you mentioned, 200mg of Testosterone-Cypioante per wk will do far more for you than a small course of Anavar. The problems you mentioned will be vastly improved upon and there is absolutely no way on this earth you could have some sort of aggression problem with this unless you have some sort of aggression problem to begin with.
. You're right. I am gonna get them checked before. In curious anyway. Maybe I'll do the var after. So test is good for joints? Will I get bulkier. I don't want much bulk. Thx
CROM!!

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2011, 07:22:10 PM »
some people complain about the doctor not prescribing high enough doses of test but the doctor is trying to be careful because high test levels in older men men increases the risk of Testicular cancer...

Vikingman

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2011, 07:27:25 PM »
What is the avg HRT dose of test?
CROM!!

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2011, 07:48:55 PM »
Depends on the doctor, 200 to 250 every 10 to 30 days.
T

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2011, 10:49:52 PM »
. You're right. I am gonna get them checked before. In curious anyway. Maybe I'll do the var after. So test is good for joints? Will I get bulkier. I don't want much bulk. Thx

You'll only get as bulky as you want to get....that'll have more to do with food than the steroids you use. People diet with test all the time, if you see a ripped guy on the cover of a magazine he's supplementing with test.

As for your joints, it's not going to lube them or anything, it's not going to force water into the joints. A lot of guys seem to think certain steroids will force water into the joints, I'm not saying you're one of these people but the idea is retarded. It's as possible as saying 2+2 = diaper. Your joints should feel a little better though simply because your body will be running in a far more optimal way, your recovery will be better and so on.

Average high end dose in the U.S. is 200mg/wk. Some doctors will strecht this out to every ten days, some every 14, but you can find plenty that go with the 200mg/wk.

some people complain about the doctor not prescribing high enough doses of test but the doctor is trying to be careful because high test levels in older men men increases the risk of Testicular cancer...

There's no evidence of this. There have been some doctors that have speculated but there's never been any proof. Further, some have said it can lead to prostate problems, and this is true, but the prostate would have to already be inflamed, and levels would necessarily need to get fairly high to do any damage.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2011, 11:03:52 PM »
Looking at that list I would choose the second one Lol, your probably right TRT is better option.  All meds do have side effects like prime said above.  I wonder how long the current people on trt and gh anti aging will live?

a

Not that I think TRT or GH will necessarily shorten ones life. I suggest a better question would be something along the lines of quality of life verses quantity. Personally, I'd rather live well and live less then live long and live miserably.

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2011, 04:43:24 PM »
a

Not that I think TRT or GH will necessarily shorten ones life. I suggest a better question would be something along the lines of quality of life verses quantity. Personally, I'd rather live well and live less then live long and live miserably.

I was meaning are they going to live to be like 150 years old with the test/gh reasonable dose?  I didn't mean shorter lifespan.  Yes I agree, I would take shorter life with better quality over quantity any day.

TEAM Nasser

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2011, 04:51:17 PM »
I think I always had low t :-[

Should I stay on forever? I'm only 26. :-\