Author Topic: Getting TRT. What should I expect?  (Read 11145 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Getting TRT. What should I expect?
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2011, 06:03:12 PM »
I think I always had low t :-[

Should I stay on forever? I'm only 26. :-\

TRT is not a cure for low testosterone. There is no cure, as far as I know. Generally speaking, if ones testosterone levels are low enough that their doctor feels they need to go on TRT, they will be on TRT for the rest of their lives. As soon as one stops TRT, their testosterone levels decrease. Eventually, they will be right back to where they were before starting TRT and maybe lower yet.

Vikingman

• Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2011, 07:47:02 PM »
You'll only get as bulky as you want to get....that'll have more to do with food than the steroids you use. People diet with test all the time, if you see a ripped guy on the cover of a magazine he's supplementing with test. --AND GH ! LOL

As for your joints, it's not going to lube them or anything, it's not going to force water into the joints. A lot of guys seem to think certain steroids will force water into the joints, I'm not saying you're one of these people but the idea is retarded. It's as possible as saying 2+2 = diaper.
Im looking for the collagen synthesis help aspect of AAS-gonna go to the TRT guy soon and at least see my levels-I dont wanna supress it with anavar first-maybe test base first
CROM!!

Vikingman

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2011, 12:35:21 PM »
hey guys a little update-I went to the HRT guy today-explained my age and injuries moods etc-got a 300 mg shot of test cyp-ill be getting a 400 mg shot every two weeks-not too shabby -and insurance covers it-ill do the anavar after I see what progress I make on the test alone-thx for the help-I feel better already LOL-I was natural as long as I could-natural was starting to make me feel old and broken  :o
CROM!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2011, 12:59:40 PM »
hey guys a little update-I went to the HRT guy today-explained my age and injuries moods etc-got a 300 mg shot of test cyp-ill be getting a 400 mg shot every two weeks-not too shabby -and insurance covers it-ill do the anavar after I see what progress I make on the test alone-thx for the help-I feel better already LOL-I was natural as long as I could-natural was starting to make me feel old and broken  :o

There is a big difference between needing HRT and taking tons of steroids just to build more muscle. As you pointed out, you feel better already. I'd be interested to know if you experience any lows between shots. Keep us posted. Just so you know, I was on once every three week HRT @ 300 mg. I didn't experience lows between shots. I'm guessing not everyone does.

Vikingman

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2011, 05:59:17 PM »
Are you still on HRT?-it was an interesting discussion-the paperwork I received talked all about this subject and the Dr himself has written literature abt test replacement-inbox me if you wanna know the site-the Dr also put down most supplements even the vitamins except from a pharmacy as most supplements have crap in them -he said DHEA as well-so cutting down on protein powders and using more liquid egg white-the paperwork also put down GH therapy as it it has neg effects-Im sure Gh does but its also a unbeleivable drug-but I cant afford that anyway-Ill keep everyone posted-gonna try to diet pretty well even though its winter and holiday season..
CROM!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2011, 06:35:26 PM »
Are you still on HRT?-it was an interesting discussion-the paperwork I received talked all about this subject and the Dr himself has written literature abt test replacement-inbox me if you wanna know the site-the Dr also put down most supplements even the vitamins except from a pharmacy as most supplements have crap in them -he said DHEA as well-so cutting down on protein powders and using more liquid egg white-the paperwork also put down GH therapy as it it has neg effects-Im sure Gh does but its also a unbeleivable drug-but I cant afford that anyway-Ill keep everyone posted-gonna try to diet pretty well even though its winter and holiday season..

Yes I continue the HRT. Presently, I self inject 150 mg a week, every Thursday morning. The prescription, which is for a three month's supply of Testosterone Cypionate, is covered by my medical insurance with the exception of a small co-pay of about $16.

In addition to this I also take a variety of supplements and vitamins, including DHEA. I eat fairly clean. On days that I work out, I add in a protein supplement. Otherwise, I just shoot for a balanced diet with a fair level of protein from a variety of sources in it.

To insure I am keeping the E-2 in check, I take .25 mg of Arimidex every other day. On the Tuesday and Wednesday, I inject HCG. This is to keep my balls functioning well. The amount I inject varies from time to time. Currently, I am injecting 1,000 mg each day. At other times I drop this down to 250 mg on each of the two days.

My recent lab work indicated my PSA numbers were unusually high. My doctor seems concerned that it could mean prostate cancer. He did a biopsy about a year ago and my prostate was clear of any cancer at that time. I'm not as concerned as he is. There are a number of reasons why one's PSA goes up. I'll do another lab in a few weeks to see if it has come down. Of course, should it be cancer, the doctor will discontinue the HRT because it is not advised in that situation.

Vikingman

• Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2011, 11:55:35 AM »
Will I need to take anti E and HCG with my HRT dose? Im glad we can talk aobut this-are you around my age? thx
CROM!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2011, 04:47:44 PM »
Will I need to take anti E and HCG with my HRT dose? Im glad we can talk aobut this-are you around my age? thx

Here is a link to a Yahoo Group for people who are on or thinking about being on HRT: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/hypogonadism2/?yguid=38104518

Here is a link to a website which contains a wealth of information about hypogonadism: http://www.allthingsmale.com/index.html

You can speak with your doctor about adding anti E and HCG. Some doctors are better versed in treating guys with hypogonadism than others. My doctor doesn't believe there should be any issues with E-2 or otherwise. In fact, I cannot even get him prescribe lab work to check my E-2 levels. I added these two things because of what I learned through the two resources I mentioned above.

I am old enough to be your father, but we can still talk.  :) Hypogonadism is not just something that happens with age, young men can suffer from it too. As I remember back, I don't believe my doctors ever checked my testosterone levels until I brought it up when I was probably already in my 50's. For all I know, it may have been low my entire adult life.

Vikingman

• Getbig II
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2011, 07:24:13 PM »
LOL Im glad youre enjoying the HRT-I think its something that can help many things not just for guys who train-lots of middle aged problems I hope to avoid besides my training goals-thx for the info
Let me ask you-what does the low feel like when Im approaching my next shot-strength/ energy/ mood?
CROM!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2011, 01:26:03 PM »
LOL Im glad youre enjoying the HRT-I think its something that can help many things not just for guys who train-lots of middle aged problems I hope to avoid besides my training goals-thx for the info
Let me ask you-what does the low feel like when Im approaching my next shot-strength/ energy/ mood?

I have not personally experienced any lows since starting HRT. The main thing that has changed for me is that my mood is brighter. Before I began HRT I took an anti-depressant. Since being on HRT I've stopped taking the anti-depressant and I feel fine....no depression.

From what other fellows have posted, some guys do believe they have low periods between injections. Their symptoms are varied. I think everyone responds differently to medications. One of the things other folks have reported is that they feel tired and sometimes depressed. Another issue is that they lose interest in sex or their libido is low. Some fellows have problems with ED.

Vikingman

• Getbig II
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2011, 02:55:35 PM »
A friend I train with grappling and boxing also started this week. Both our moods are better and hurt less already. My aches are there but numbed a lot. Keep you posted. He might be given 450mg every other week. He's a few years older
CROM!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2011, 04:15:17 PM »
A friend I train with grappling and boxing also started this week. Both our moods are better and hurt less already. My aches are there but numbed a lot. Keep you posted. He might be given 450mg every other week. He's a few years older

I'd be interested to know how much total and free testosterone his labs show he has on this high a dose. My total testosterone in over 1,000 which is considered excessive and my dose is much less at 150 a week.

Vikingman

• Getbig II
« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2011, 06:16:58 AM »
Wow your levels are high. I hope mine get that high lol. As for dosages they'll have to be monitored. I don't think doc wants levels over 1000
CROM!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2011, 11:55:33 AM »
Each time one does their labs the results can vary quite a bit. Testosterone levels are generally highest in the morning. Yes, my total testosterone was high in these last labs. Other times, it has been around 700. Prior to HRT, my lab results showed my total testosterone at barely over 300. 300 or better is considered normal for a man my age. However, the thinking today is that one should maintain testosterone levels closer to what they should be for a guy in his twenties. Actually, HRT therapy is a relatively new science.

Vikingman

• Getbig II
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2011, 12:40:32 PM »
Makes sense to restore to 20 yr old status as at 30 the test and GH levels start to go-and then you see lethargic men around and cant lose weight unless strict-lots due to low test levels making a slower metabolism-I will appreaciate technology and do this until Im old plus I may cycle a little too with Anavar and maybe some other oral
CROM!!

Vikingman

• Getbig II
« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2011, 12:45:11 PM »
btw I see lots or people saying that every other week isnt as good as weekly-I have no choice really-does it matter?
CROM!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2011, 02:18:24 PM »
btw I see lots or people saying that every other week isnt as good as weekly-I have no choice really-does it matter?

Wait and see. Surely, your doctor can set you up to self inject on a weekly basis if that ends up being the best plan. In the meantime, you may do fine with the bi-monthy injections.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2011, 02:49:38 PM »
Each time one does their labs the results can vary quite a bit. Testosterone levels are generally highest in the morning. Yes, my total testosterone was high in these last labs. Other times, it has been around 700. Prior to HRT, my lab results showed my total testosterone at barely over 300. 300 or better is considered normal for a man my age. However, the thinking today is that one should maintain testosterone levels closer to what they should be for a guy in his twenties. Actually, HRT therapy is a relatively new science.

are you getting better erections with such high levels of test?

Vikingman

• Getbig II
« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2011, 03:36:13 PM »
I think this Dr will only administer in office no Rx-well  maybe later on  idk
CROM!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2011, 01:23:31 PM »
are you getting better erections with such high levels of test?

Better, but not as good as I would like. Mostly, I have greatly improved nighttime and early morning erections. Maybe it is like the old saw that one's penis is never big enough no matter how big it is. I have such a long history with ED that I suspect some of the problem with my ED is in my head. Truthfully, I am not that interested in sex these days anyway. It's not like I am looking to find some young thing to get it on with or anything....so, it's all good either way.

ghettocentral

• Getbig II
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2012, 08:34:33 AM »
I've was prescribed TRT a few years back. Very low test, like 170. I felt better right away. I did not recomp right away, but as time went by, I lost a lot of bf%. I was lucky to find a Dr. who would help out a lot. Deca for joint pain, var for the same and he will prescribe other stuff too as long as there is a medical justifcation. I think that between getting sleep apnea under control, and the trt, my quality of life has improved greatly. It also opened up a world to me that I knew nothing about.

Vikingman

• Getbig II
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2012, 09:27:35 AM »
WOW Deca and Var too-nice DR! lol-hey guys I have been getting intense sexual dreams since that first shot of test-last night the Bj dream of my wife who was right next to me was incredible-the other night it was some Brazilian..-did not wanna wake up!
CROM!!

Vikingman

• Getbig II
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2012, 07:40:21 PM »
Ok so the results are back-all levels good except urea nitrogen is slightly high-any thoughts why?  My total testosterone is 294! wow I feel old as I thought it would be at least 400-500-my free test is 63-Im a little confused at what that means-anyway still on the 400 mg test cyp  biweekly-Im not sure when  to start the Anavar cycle-maybe wait a month or two?
CROM!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2012, 08:21:01 PM »
Ok so the results are back-all levels good except urea nitrogen is slightly high-any thoughts why?  My total testosterone is 294! wow I feel old as I thought it would be at least 400-500-my free test is 63-Im a little confused at what that means-anyway still on the 400 mg test cyp  biweekly-Im not sure when  to start the Anavar cycle-maybe wait a month or two?

Think of the free testosterone as the usable testosterone levels. 294 is very low. What did your doctor say about this? Also what did he say regarding the percentage of free test? Perhaps you should also have your E-2 levels checked. You could be converting what little testosterone you have to estrogen.

I am no doctor, but from what I have learned about testosterone levels, at your age your lab results are a concern. Are you even horny at all?

I don't mean to alarm. Frankly it is good that you have discovered this as soon as you did. I suspect my testosterone was very low for most of my adult life. I cannot remember when I have not had issues with ED. For more years than I wish I could remember, I thought my problem with ED was just in my head, only to find out when I am an old man that it was because of hypogonadism.

Vikingman

• Getbig II
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2012, 08:55:59 PM »
Im glad I went to HRT Dr too lol-I have all levels checked including the estrogen -all good-anyway Im surprised that they were that low cause I still have good natural physique strength and decent sex life-Sex has been a little weird as I have kids ages 5 and 4 and we cant just do it-has to be scheduled which in itself isnt fun at times-but I have to say sex hasnt been a priority at times but thats also because of a personal reason-inbox me if interested lol-well Im glad im getting the 400mg-seems like a good dose-my moods are def better too-and injuries are feeling better-I am gonna look good this summer
CROM!!