Author Topic: UNC Thread Not Related To Basketball  (Read 1002 times)

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
UNC Thread Not Related To Basketball
« on: July 28, 2011, 03:50:23 AM »
Butch Davis fired  :-\

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/unc/story/9917515/

I can't help but think that if the Heels had done better last year (all preseason I kept hearing about their "NFL Defense"  ::)  ) then the University would not have taken such a "moral high ground"  oh, brother...
~

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: UNC Thread Not Related To Basketball
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 06:44:27 PM »
Butch Davis fired  :-\

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/unc/story/9917515/

I can't help but think that if the Heels had done better last year (all preseason I kept hearing about their "NFL Defense"  ::)  ) then the University would not have taken such a "moral high ground"  oh, brother...

If UNC had all of those guys on the field for the entire season last year, without all the distractions, etc... they would have flirted with being undefeated.  the gave LSU ALL they wanted in the opener with a bunch of 2nd and 3rd stringers on defense.  That said, Butch should have been fired after last season.  He is either completely incompetent or complicit with all the stuff going on.  Either way, you just can't have it.

On a funny note.  I was wearing a Carolina Football t-shirt today and had an NC State fan make a comment.  I told them that State sucked at everything......but they had a great comeback for me "Yeah, but at least we don't have to cheat to still suck"  Butch massively under-achieved with the talent UNC had during his 4 yrs.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 07:37:35 PM »
If UNC had all of those guys on the field for the entire season last year, without all the distractions, etc... they would have flirted with being undefeated.  the gave LSU ALL they wanted in the opener with a bunch of 2nd and 3rd stringers on defense.  That said, Butch should have been fired after last season.  He is either completely incompetent or complicit with all the stuff going on.  Either way, you just can't have it.

On a funny note.  I was wearing a Carolina Football t-shirt today and had an NC State fan make a comment.  I told them that State sucked at everything......but they had a great comeback for me "Yeah, but at least we don't have to cheat to still suck"  Butch massively under-achieved with the talent UNC had during his 4 yrs.

Valid points, one and all.

State fans...oh, brother.  A few months ago, on one of our local morning radio stations, one of those "Dean Smith or Coach K" debates was going on, and some State fan said, "I have two words for you:  Jim Valvano."  The first DJ was kind in his rebuff, something like, "I liked Coach Valvano, and I was very emotional about his speech when he was dying.  But he is simply not in the same class as these two."  The other one ripped the guy to shreads...."Jesus, typical State fan...people arguing about two other schools and the dummy has to call with 'ooo, ooo, what about NC State??' "  and then kept on and on until the guy hung up.
~

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 10:50:59 AM »
Valid points, one and all.

State fans...oh, brother.  A few months ago, on one of our local morning radio stations, one of those "Dean Smith or Coach K" debates was going on, and some State fan said, "I have two words for you:  Jim Valvano."  The first DJ was kind in his rebuff, something like, "I liked Coach Valvano, and I was very emotional about his speech when he was dying.  But he is simply not in the same class as these two."  The other one ripped the guy to shreads...."Jesus, typical State fan...people arguing about two other schools and the dummy has to call with 'ooo, ooo, what about NC State??' "  and then kept on and on until the guy hung up.

haha, Valvano was headed for probation.....the program was getting out of control.  Not to mention the guy let Chris Washburn into school.....after UNC quit recruiting him when he scored about a 100 on his SAT.   The local radio guys here are always getting call ins from State fans mad about something.....if O'Brien doesn't win at least 8 games this year, look for those calling for his head.  very delusional fanbase.