Author Topic: The Hack Squat machine - Dangerous exercise.  (Read 27450 times)

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
Re: The Hack Squat machine - Dangerous exercise.
« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2013, 09:14:53 AM »
Guys here don't want to learn because they know everything already. Guys like Ronnie Coleman tore muscles that ended his career. Same thing happened to Dorian Yates. There in no need to do such heavy lifting for hypertrophy. Trouble is muscleheads like to boast about how much they can bench and squat.

yes dorian and ronnie lifted heavy and nearly killed themselves just so they could boast about it

nothing to do with hypertrophy really

if only they read your posts on GB

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2013, 09:17:40 AM »
Is it true that Dorian was embarrassed by the amount he could squat so he decided to stop doing the exercise?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #77 on: June 25, 2013, 09:19:53 AM »
Guys here don't want to learn because they know everything already. Guys like Ronnie Coleman tore muscles that ended his career. Same thing happened to Dorian Yates. There in no need to do such heavy lifting for hypertrophy. Trouble is muscleheads like to boast about how much they can bench and squat.

Ray Mentzer told me he did two reps with 925 in the squat. How low it was I don't know. Still a heck of a lot of weight to handle. The guy was a giant musclewise. He was much bigger than he looked. And he was bigger than his brother Mike.

Deadlifts are silly and shouldn't be done by bodybuilders. Amazing how bodybuilders are so dense they literally can't learn anything except what is in the magazines. Exercises not to do: Bench Press, Deadlifts, Hack Squats, Upright Rows, any movement using over 500 pounds.

'He was much bigger than he looked.' That's a joke, son. I say - joke.    

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2013, 10:00:03 AM »
Not even close. Not even 800. If I were to guess maybe a little over 700. Never saw any singles from him in pics or video though.

Did he do a single at the WBF event?

Biggest squat I heard for Platz was #765, during the time he was going back and forth with Hatfield. It was at the 1993 FIBO, Platz got #765, Fred got #855. Fred mentioned that Kaz was helping him, by bracing him at the bottom during the max squat. During the same event, Platz did the #23 rep with #500ish. Fred got 12 or so with that weight.

Also, they were using suits, so #700 max would be close.

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #79 on: June 25, 2013, 11:14:07 AM »
Biggest squat I heard for Platz was #765, during the time he was going back and forth with Hatfield. It was at the 1993 FIBO, Platz got #765, Fred got #855. Fred mentioned that Kaz was helping him, by bracing him at the bottom during the max squat. During the same event, Platz did the #23 rep with #500ish. Fred got 12 or so with that weight.

Also, they were using suits, so #700 max would be close.

Saw that video of platz doing the 500lb reps with Kaz behind him, unbelievable

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #80 on: June 25, 2013, 11:36:03 AM »
All the Getbig experts have arrived now! Listen, Melvin, if you need to wrap a joint to train it you are doing something wrong. Do something else for a start.

That machine I made has stainless steel parts, special shafts and bearings and took a long time (over 120 hours!) to design then 6 months to build, plus it has been modified several times. It owes me at least

$30,000 and that doesn't include factory costs. I built it to see if I could make the best piece of gym equipment ever put in a gym. I think I succeeded. It doubles as a

Calf slide machine. That is why I increased the angle. We had a big bloke named Joe L who would load 700 pounds + on it for heel raises. On the low angle the shafts would bend

so I decided to make it steeper. Some guys don't like it now and said it was better before. Everyone is an expert in this game!

Simply the most deliousional loser to ever post on a board.

THE BEEF

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #81 on: June 25, 2013, 11:40:07 AM »
The whole "don't let your knees get in front of your feet oh god" thing is bro-science nonsense.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #82 on: June 25, 2013, 12:08:51 PM »
Weren't Jason Genova and PJ Braun doing the hacksquat on their chests/stomachs?  What's the deal with that?

They were laying face down on the back rest.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: June 25, 2013, 12:11:33 PM »
Weren't Jason Genova and PJ Braun doing the hacksquat on their chests/stomachs?  What's the deal with that?

They were laying face down on the back rest.
they copied it from a charles glass or dennis james movie, possibly unaware this is not really designed for colemanesque ham development but for creaming the shmoe panties

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #84 on: June 25, 2013, 12:12:40 PM »
they copied it from a charles glass or dennis james movie, possibly unaware this is not really designed for colemanesque ham development but for creaming the shmoe panties

lol

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #85 on: June 25, 2013, 12:18:47 PM »
Guys here don't want to learn because they know everything already.

Unlike yourself? If anyone knows everything already it's you. I doubt you were any different when younger.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: June 25, 2013, 12:19:55 PM »
lol

kai greene + charles glass + leg training = nuclear explosion of gayness

01:30 if you dare, viewer discretion advised

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #87 on: June 25, 2013, 12:22:09 PM »
Only Basile's machines will tear the knees up.

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #88 on: June 25, 2013, 01:01:28 PM »
Unlike yourself? If anyone knows everything already it's you. I doubt you were any different when younger.

This is so right  on the mark. Vince is ALWAYS cricitcizing people as acting like know it alls, nver open to new ideas, don't want to learn new things. The truth is there is no one on the net that is so full of himself. Refers to himself as a hypertrophy expert though there is no evidence of any hypertrophy on him. there is not a bigger know it all than Vince. No one is more close minded. NO one is more delusional. every experiment has failed. He has not offered a single example of any successful use of his hypertropy theories. The average getbigger has a better physique than his glory 1970s heyday.

Shutup already Vince. Nobody respects you or takes you seriously.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #89 on: June 25, 2013, 02:09:01 PM »
 Milos tore his knee doing sprints Coach? He said he did it on the hack squat?

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #90 on: June 25, 2013, 02:38:41 PM »
Milos tore his knee doing sprints Coach? He said he did it on the hack squat?

Both. He tore it again sprinting.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #91 on: June 25, 2013, 02:42:31 PM »
Thanks VB

A 250 pound body builder has NO business sprinting    unless it is for a LOT of money

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #92 on: June 25, 2013, 02:52:15 PM »
"Kids these days, they are about as thick as a week old cow patty."

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: June 25, 2013, 04:08:34 PM »

LOL   ;D

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #94 on: June 26, 2013, 12:11:11 AM »

Ray Mentzer told me he did two reps with 925 in the squat. How low it was I don't know. Still a heck of a lot of weight to handle. The guy was a giant musclewise. He was much bigger than he looked. And he was bigger than his brother Mike.

Deadlifts are silly and shouldn't be done by bodybuilders. Amazing how bodybuilders are so dense they literally can't learn anything except what is in the magazines. Exercises not to do: Bench Press, Deadlifts, Hack Squats, Upright Rows, any movement using over 500 pounds.

And following these rules, you become a hasbeen from the land of kangaroos with no time at all. If we exclude all the exercises which can cause injuries, what we can do? Nothing.