Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
September 23, 2014, 09:27:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Using the Adonis Principals  (Read 9525 times)
FroZZoR
Getbig IV

Getbig!

« on: August 18, 2011, 06:53:31 PM »

22 years old. 5'11 and weighing 185-190 natural. My goal is to get ripped (hopefully) I returned from a 43 day vacation from Europe at the end of June where I put on a nice little but of weight. Since returning i've just kept the diet clean and stuck to training 4-5 days a week with cardio being at 40min. I'm tired of the boring bland diet so I thought I would give the Adonis approach a try and see if it works for me.

This is what I have eaten so far today

1: 3 whole eggs with 2 whole wheat wraps

2: handful of walnuts

3: half cup of brown rice 3 boneless chicken thighs

4: 4oz of yams and 8oz of beef

and i'll end of up having another 3 boneless thighs with a salad and a splash of apple cider vinegar and a protein shake before bed.

* 184333.jpg (80.64 KB, 640x480 - viewed 482 times.)
Report to moderator   Logged
The True Adonis
Getbig V

"We Will Correct All This."

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 07:02:33 PM »

Ok, first things first.  I am ecstatic about being able to help you achieve your goal, and you will achieve it and go beyond.

We need to get Exact amounts of what you are eating.  None of this "Handful" business.  I want it in grams.

What kind of ground beef are you eating there?  That way we can figure up the calories.  If you can, include the calories with each meal from your packaging or use www.caloriecount.com to find the amount.  The USDA also has a dead on accurate site as well. 

E
The True Adonis
Getbig V

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 07:07:30 PM »

Your pictures are very good and I can tell you are serious about lifting.  Your shoulders will look incredible and detailed once lean.  You carry your fat in the abdominal region (as if you didn`t already know this) and that will all come right off.  It may be the last thing to go, but go it will.  I expect about 20-30 lbs dropped including water and you will be ripped up, pretty well.

E
The True Adonis
Getbig V

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 07:10:20 PM »

Here is a link to the USDA Nutrition site.  I am quite fond of this one as it is incredibly accurate for any meat, poultry and pork products going as far as including ash and water levels. 

http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/

E
FroZZoR
Getbig IV

Getbig!

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 07:11:05 PM »

Awesome. I can't wait.

The handful came out to 29 grams I measured it before I wrapped it up. I did a calorie count this morning for what I knew I was going to eat I used calorieking.com

these are the calorie breakdowns

3 eggs - 240
two wraps - 160

half cup of brown rice - 108
2 thighs - 280

8oz of beef - 372
4oz yams - 132

29 grams of walnuts - 190

which comes to a total of 1482

i'm currently eating a half cup of oatmeal and will eat 3 thighs and a salad afterwards. and later I will have 1 protein shake.

The beef that I eat is extra lean ground beef.
FroZZoR
Getbig IV

Getbig!

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 07:15:40 PM »

The shake with 2 scoops is 240. the half cup of oats is 75. 3 thighs is 326.

This will make my grand total for the day 2123
The True Adonis
Getbig V

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 07:20:01 PM »

Another site I like to use is:    nutritiondata.self.com/

These are all incredibly useful to get an accurate calorie count.

I want you at 2500 day in and day out for now.  We will adjust accordingly, at the end of the month if needed, or we may cruise all the way through at this level.  We will just have to observe, so therefore it is important that you eat 2500, day in and day out.   I will give you the green light when you can start adding a day (usually every 10 or so) to where you can just not bother counting calories.  Eat as little or as much as you like during that day.

I also want all of your calories finished by the time you go to bed. I also must have you start eating at the same time each day.  Here is what I mean and I will use myself as an example:

My Eating start time is 8 Am in the morning.  What this means is that once the clock hits 8 Am, I can begin eating my calories.  If I wake up at 11 Am,  I am fine as 8 Am was my start time.  As soon as your START TIME hits, you can eat.  Now if I woke up at say 6 Am and my start time is 8 Am, I have to wait two hours to start eating.

Why?  What this does is ensure that you DO NOT OVEREAT and that your calorie levels stay constant, day in day out.  You would be amazed how much daily caloric levels can be off if this RULE is not followed.

Feel free to ask anytime if you need help.  I will be hounding you.

E
The True Adonis
Getbig V

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 07:21:09 PM »

The shake with 2 scoops is 240. the half cup of oats is 75. 3 thighs is 326.

This will make my grand total for the day 2123
Let me ask you this, what do you estimate your caloric intake to be the past 3 months?  Ball Park.

E
The True Adonis
Getbig V

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2011, 07:27:17 PM »

Also, you do not have to begin eating at your start time if you do not feel like it.  Think of it like this, as soon as your start time hits the clock, you choose whenever you start eating your calories until bed.

Example: Say your start time is 8 am.  You don`t feel like eating for a few hours for whatever reason.  12 pm you decide to start eating.  This is perfectly fine as your Start time has already hit.  Think of it as a giant Green light.

As soon as you consume your total calories for the day, The RED light goes on.  You are to eat no more, until your GREEN LIGHT comes on, (8am in my above example).

E
FroZZoR
Getbig IV

Getbig!

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2011, 07:29:30 PM »

Let me ask you this, what do you estimate your caloric intake to be the past 3 months?  Ball Park.

Well I guess maybe 2k? I roughly eat the same bland oatmeal, yams, brown rice etc. everyday when i'm dieting as I like to keep my diet clean with a cheat meal here and their and I'm not as consistent as I should be.

What would you reccomend a 2500cal diet look like that doesn't consist of the typical bodybuilder foods day in and day out?
The True Adonis
Getbig V

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2011, 07:30:44 PM »

Eat your calories as you see fit.  There are no meal times, no number of meals.

Eat as many times as you want or as few, BUT MAKE SURE YOU EAT YOUR CALORIC INTAKE, day in and day out.

Eat Whatever you want to reach your daily caloric intake.  Nothing is off limits. BUT DO NOT EXCEED your Daily Calorie number.

E
FroZZoR
Getbig IV

Getbig!

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2011, 07:33:40 PM »

Eat your calories as you see fit.  There are no meal times, no number of meals.

Eat as many times as you want or as few, BUT MAKE SURE YOU EAT YOUR CALORIC INTAKE, day in and day out.

Eat Whatever you want to reach your daily caloric intake.  Nothing is off limits. BUT DO NOT EXCEED your Daily Calorie number.

Ahh okay, I understand. So I'll be starting this tomorrow. My Eating time will begin at 7am. And i'll post everyday what I have eaten for the day.

The True Adonis
Getbig V

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2011, 07:35:30 PM »

Well I guess maybe 2k? I roughly eat the same bland oatmeal, yams, brown rice etc. everyday when i'm dieting as I like to keep my diet clean with a cheat meal here and their and I'm not as consistent as I should be.

What would you reccomend a 2500cal diet look like that doesn't consist of the typical bodybuilder foods day in and day out?
Thats for you to decide.  Fill your calories with whatever you like.  Shoot for around .5 grams of protein per lb of bodyweight (you will get this amount pretty much by default anyways so you don`t really have to track your protein levels)  You can certainly eat more protein if you like.  Its up to you.  Whatever it is you like to eat.

Would you be interested in trying some entry level recipes of mine from time to time?  What kind of things do you like to eat?

E
FroZZoR
Getbig IV

Getbig!

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2011, 07:38:03 PM »

Yes I would be interested. I'm not a picky eater what so ever as long it's nice like animal hearts or anything lol.

Also would you reccomend that I stick to 40min of stair master post workout?
The True Adonis
Getbig V

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2011, 07:39:57 PM »

Ahh okay, I understand. So I'll be starting this tomorrow. My Eating time will begin at 7am. And i'll post everyday what I have eaten for the day.

Perfect. 7 am it is.

NEVER vary that time.  That is your Green Light.  So you have from 7 am to 7 am the next day to eat your 2500 calories.  7 Am is your GREENLIGHT.

2500 may seem a little high right now, but we need to observe what you can handle.  2500 is a good starting line.  I, myself, can get ripped on 2500 with no cardio and 3-4 days lifting a week.  So we will start there.

Tomorrow I expect 2500 eaten.  No excuses.  If you need help with finding how many calories a food is or food item, just let me know.  I will find it.  

E
FroZZoR
Getbig IV

Getbig!

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2011, 07:43:38 PM »

Perfect. 7 am it is.

NEVER vary that time.  That is your Green Light.  So you have from 7 am to 7 am the next day to eat your 2500 calories.  7 Am is your GREENLIGHT.

2500 may seem a little high right now, but we need to observe what you can handle.  2500 is a good starting line.  I, myself, can get ripped on 2500 with no cardio and 3-4 days lifting a week.  So we will start there.

Tomorrow I expect 2500 eaten.  No excuses.  If you need help with finding how many calories a food is or food item, just let me know.  I will find it.  

Perfect. Thanks a lot. I appreciate the help. I'll make sure what i've eaten is posted up tomorrow in this thread. And in a few days i'll take some more photos to keep things updated.
The True Adonis
Getbig V

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2011, 07:47:22 PM »

Yes I would be interested. I'm not a picky eater what so ever as long it's nice like animal hearts or anything lol.

Also would you reccomend that I stick to 40min of stair master post workout?
Personally, you will not need any cardio, but I will not dissuade you from doing so.  It would make our observations a bit more clear if you did not do any as it adds another variable into play.  Also, your body can adapt to Cardio pretty fast and pretty easily and it may actually slow your progress.  You don`t need any Cardio for this to get you ripped, that I can assure you, so therefore I prefer if you did not do it or you limited it to just 1 or 2 times a week if you must.

Again, you will not need to do any Cardio-but Cardio is a great Ace in the Hole so to speak and using it too early on makes it not nearly as effective if you would have waited to use it.

E
FroZZoR
Getbig IV

Getbig!

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2011, 07:49:25 PM »

Personally, you will not need any cardio, but I will not dissuade you from doing so.  It would make our observations a bit more clear if you did not do any as it adds another variable into play.  Also, your body can adapt to Cardio pretty fast and pretty easily and it may actually slow your progress.  You don`t need any Cardio for this to get you ripped, that I can assure you, so therefore I prefer if you did not do it or you limited it to just 1 or 2 times a week if you must.

Again, you will not need to do any Cardio-but Cardio is a great Ace in the Hole so to speak and using it too early on makes it not nearly as effective if you would have waited to use it.

Awesome. Okay then with that said I will not be doing anymore cardio and sticking to my workouts only.
The True Adonis
Getbig V

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2011, 07:50:54 PM »

So lets review:

7 Am. is your Starting time, your Greenlight
You are to consume 2500 calories from 7 am until 7 am
You will not exceed 2500
You can eat your calories in as many or as few meals as you like
You do not have any set times for eating.
You can eat whatever you want.
Cardio is not necessary.

E
The True Adonis
Getbig V

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2011, 07:52:32 PM »

FroZZor, tell me a bit about yourself as I do not know too much about you.  What type of interests do you have and what do you most like doing?  What were you doing in Europe and where did you go?

E
The True Adonis
Getbig V

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2011, 07:55:24 PM »

Awesome. I can't wait.

The handful came out to 29 grams I measured it before I wrapped it up. I did a calorie count this morning for what I knew I was going to eat I used calorieking.com

these are the calorie breakdowns

3 eggs - 240
two wraps - 160

half cup of brown rice - 108
2 thighs - 280

8oz of beef - 372
4oz yams - 132

29 grams of walnuts - 190

which comes to a total of 1482

i'm currently eating a half cup of oatmeal and will eat 3 thighs and a salad afterwards. and later I will have 1 protein shake.

The beef that I eat is extra lean ground beef.
Calorieking is also a wonderful site.  I use it all of the time as well.

Keep using it, or any, or all of the sites.

Feel free to eat whatever you like.  Liberate yourself! Smiley

E
FroZZoR
Getbig IV

Getbig!

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2011, 07:57:29 PM »

Well I recently returned from a 43 day vacation from Europe, my girlfriend and I went together and stayed at my aunts apartment as she was gone the entire time.

I'm just a regular guy. I'm currently working for a office furniture moving company until I start school in September. The moneys good and the work is quiet easy so it's perfect until school starts.

I really just enjoy training and hanging out with my girlfriend. We blaze and chill whether it's going for walks or if it's nice out lay out on the beach. I'm from Vancouver BC so we don't get a whole lot of sun most of the year it's either raining or cloudy.

I rarely drink or party. I'm more into saving my money and hanging out with my girl.
The True Adonis
Getbig V

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2011, 08:06:20 PM »

Well I recently returned from a 43 day vacation from Europe, my girlfriend and I went together and stayed at my aunts apartment as she was gone the entire time.

I'm just a regular guy. I'm currently working for a office furniture moving company until I start school in September. The moneys good and the work is quiet easy so it's perfect until school starts.

I really just enjoy training and hanging out with my girlfriend. We blaze and chill whether it's going for walks or if it's nice out lay out on the beach. I'm from Vancouver BC so we don't get a whole lot of sun most of the year it's either raining or cloudy.

I rarely drink or party. I'm more into saving my money and hanging out with my girl.
You are already ahead of the pack from most in that you have a constant companion, and you know the value of savings.

Have you ever been to the United States?

E
FroZZoR
Getbig IV

Getbig!

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2011, 08:08:05 PM »

You are already ahead of the pack from most in that you have a constant companion, and you know the value of savings.

Have you ever been to the United States?

I had a job last summer that had me drive to Bellingham to pick things up from a warehouse. Seattle is the only state i've been to that I can remember but it's almost the exact same as Vancouver.
The True Adonis
Getbig V

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2011, 08:23:53 PM »

I had a job last summer that had me drive to Bellingham to pick things up from a warehouse. Seattle is the only state i've been to that I can remember but it's almost the exact same as Vancouver.
You have seen enough rain to last a lifetime my friend. 

E
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!