Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
September 16, 2014, 10:54:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Using the Adonis Principals  (Read 9465 times)
FroZZoR
Getbig IV

Getbig!

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2011, 10:28:30 PM »

You have seen enough rain to last a lifetime my friend. 

Very true.

Quick question: Do I have to be exactly at 2500 cal everyday or is 2450 or 2610 just under or just over ok?
Report to moderator   Logged
The True Adonis
Getbig V

"We Will Correct All This."

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2011, 10:39:29 PM »

Very true.

Quick question: Do I have to be exactly at 2500 cal everyday or is 2450 or 2610 just under or just over ok?
Some margin of error is of course acceptable, but do try and keep as close as possible. You will succeed my friend, there is no other alternative.

E
Meso_z
Getbig V

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2011, 05:53:22 AM »

I have to admit this looks pretty interesting. I will check the thread from time to time.
FroZZoR
Getbig IV

Getbig!

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2011, 06:44:33 AM »

Some margin of error is of course acceptable, but do try and keep as close as possible. You will succeed my friend, there is no other alternative.

Ok. And also, since my green light is 7am.. Say I wake up at 6:30am can I have a coffee before 7am and then begin eating actual food once it's past 7am? Or would that coffee count as calories? The coffee is just two teaspoons of maxwell house instant coffee, two teaspoons of splenda and just a pinch of whitener.
The True Adonis
Getbig V

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2011, 07:05:04 AM »

Ok. And also, since my green light is 7am.. Say I wake up at 6:30am can I have a coffee before 7am and then begin eating actual food once it's past 7am? Or would that coffee count as calories? The coffee is just two teaspoons of maxwell house instant coffee, two teaspoons of splenda and just a pinch of whitener.
Coffee and Diet Pepsi Max are the greatest substances known to man you can drink.  This is perfectly acceptable and I encourage you to get as much caffeine as you can.

Caffeine protects against various cancers, especially Liver Cancer and Skin Cancer, even when exposed to constant direct sunlight.  It also is beneficial for mental alertness and protects the Brain from degeneration as well as degenerative diseases such as Alzheimers, less likely to have type 2 diabetes, Parkinson's disease, and dementia, corrects heart rhythm problems, and prevents strokes.  It also has an effect on slowing down the shortening of Telomeres within the DNA, which increases a persons longevity.

E
The True Adonis
Getbig V

« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2011, 08:11:23 PM »

I assume you were able to meet your goals today?

E
FroZZoR
Getbig IV

Getbig!

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2011, 09:42:07 PM »

Yes I was.

It almost felt weird being able to eat whatever I wanted. I almost felt unprepared.

1. 3 whole eggs w/ two whole wheat wraps & hot sauce - 400 cal

2. 30g of almonds - 173 cal

3. 3 thighs w/ 1 potato & 2 tsp margarine - 466 cal

4. Kimchi noodle soup - 380 cal

5. sandwich w/ 58grams of extra lean turkey breast sandwich meat, 1tbsp mayo, 2 slices of bread, lettuce, 15g bacon - 421cal

6. shake with two scoops - 240cal

This leaves me at 2080 cal so far for the day.

Adonis, are there any foods that you recommend that tend to have higher calorie amounts?
The True Adonis
Getbig V

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2011, 10:07:08 PM »

Yes I was.

It almost felt weird being able to eat whatever I wanted. I almost felt unprepared.

1. 3 whole eggs w/ two whole wheat wraps & hot sauce - 400 cal

2. 30g of almonds - 173 cal

3. 3 thighs w/ 1 potato & 2 tsp margarine - 466 cal

4. Kimchi noodle soup - 380 cal

5. sandwich w/ 58grams of extra lean turkey breast sandwich meat, 1tbsp mayo, 2 slices of bread, lettuce, 15g bacon - 421cal

6. shake with two scoops - 240cal

This leaves me at 2080 cal so far for the day.

Adonis, are there any foods that you recommend that tend to have higher calorie amounts?
Looks perfect.  As you notice, when you actually track calories, you begin to realize just how much food makes up 2500 calories.  Its quite a bit.  You have 420 still to eat and I bet it feels like you have eaten enough.  When you are able to eat what you want, you don`t feel nearly as hungry and I am sure you are way more satisfied then the crappy Bodybuilding diet that you were used to.  This is the way to go my friend, it can`t be any easier.

As far as higher caloric foods go- Cakes, Cookies, Ice Creams, Hamburgers etc...  Feel free to go get some Fast Food any time you want.  As you probably already know, Jezebelle and I cook a lot, I especially bake a lot of cakes and pies and use them all of the time to get my calories in.  I actually have a tough time eating all my calories as I am always satisfied by what I eat.  Eating whatever you want provides this comfort as you are covering your Nutritional needs (I have tracked Bodybuilding diets and they FAIL in this area all the time) and you are not mentally abusing yourself by engaging in pointless Sadomasochism via food restrictions.

The whole Grocery store is there for your taking.  Anything goes.  If you want to get started cooking or have some time on your hands to do so, I am more than happy to provide recipes, simple ones to difficult whatever... Perhaps you can make something wonderful for your girlfriend.

Maybe I will give you a weekly recipe to try out.  I will have all the Nutrition Info Calculated for each recipe for you.  As you know its VERY easy to do this for whatever you make.  Especially if you use www.caloriecount.com   On that site there is a tab labeled My Recipes, New Recipes.  You simply add all of the ingredients and it calculates it instantly for you, ingredient by ingredient.  Very useful and fast as well as accurate.

So basically, eat anything you want and let me know if you want to get started cooking some things.  Its an incredibly useful and gratifying thing to do when you get it just right.  All of the recipes I will give you will be perfection, better than restaurant quality and GUARANTEED to come out every single time.

E
The True Adonis
Getbig V

« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2011, 10:10:29 PM »

Also, I want you to weigh yourself as soon as you wake up everyday if possible, before you start eating.

E
The True Adonis
Getbig V

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2011, 10:13:56 PM »

Come to think of it, I myself have 381 calories left to eat today.  Between my posts just now, I just poured a cup of Vitamin D Whole Milk. 150 calories.

I like Whole Milk when you want to get some quick calories in and don`t feel like making anything.  Of course I am going to eat Chocolate with it so that way I will have all my calories complete for the day.

Anything goes!

E
FroZZoR
Getbig IV

Getbig!

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2011, 10:16:30 PM »

Looks perfect.  As you notice, when you actually track calories, you begin to realize just how much food makes up 2500 calories.  Its quite a bit.  You have 420 still to eat and I bet it feels like you have eaten enough.  When you are able to eat what you want, you don`t feel nearly as hungry and I am sure you are way more satisfied then the crappy Bodybuilding diet that you were used to.  This is the way to go my friend, it can`t be any easier.

As far as higher caloric foods go- Cakes, Cookies, Ice Creams, Hamburgers etc...  Feel free to go get some Fast Food any time you want.  As you probably already know, Jezebelle and I cook a lot, I especially bake a lot of cakes and pies and use them all of the time to get my calories in.  I actually have a tough time eating all my calories as I am always satisfied by what I eat.  Eating whatever you want provides this comfort as you are covering your Nutritional needs (I have tracked Bodybuilding diets and they FAIL in this area all the time) and you are not mentally abusing yourself by engaging in pointless Sadomasochism via food restrictions.

The whole Grocery store is there for your taking.  Anything goes.  If you want to get started cooking or have some time on your hands to do so, I am more than happy to provide recipes, simple ones to difficult whatever... Perhaps you can make something wonderful for your girlfriend.

Maybe I will give you a weekly recipe to try out.  I will have all the Nutrition Info Calculated for each recipe for you.  As you know its VERY easy to do this for whatever you make.  Especially if you use www.caloriecount.com   On that site there is a tab labeled My Recipes, New Recipes.  You simply add all of the ingredients and it calculates it instantly for you, ingredient by ingredient.  Very useful and fast as well as accurate.

So basically, eat anything you want and let me know if you want to get started cooking some things.  Its an incredibly useful and gratifying thing to do when you get it just right.  All of the recipes I will give you will be perfection, better than restaurant quality and GUARANTEED to come out every single time.

That sounds awesome. I too also cook a lot and prepare meals for myself. I'd love to get some recipes off of you, I'm always interested in other peoples way of cooking.

And your absolutely right I had no idea how much food I had to eat to make 2500 calories. By this time at night I would usually be craving food but I feel like I could easily go the rest of the night without having to eat.

I weighed myself after the gym today and I was at 184.3 I'll make sure you weigh myself tomorrow morning.

The True Adonis
Getbig V

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2011, 10:30:27 PM »

That sounds awesome. I too also cook a lot and prepare meals for myself. I'd love to get some recipes off of you, I'm always interested in other peoples way of cooking.

And your absolutely right I had no idea how much food I had to eat to make 2500 calories. By this time at night I would usually be craving food but I feel like I could easily go the rest of the night without having to eat.

I weighed myself after the gym today and I was at 184.3 I'll make sure you weigh myself tomorrow morning.

Isn`t it so much of a relief?  Everyone around you will be JeLLy of you and think you are some kind of genetic marvel, able to get ripped off of eating whatever you want.

Jezebelle and I would walk into the gym sometimes with a Whopper and Fries or whatever, and they would all just stare and wonder how was this possible.  Even after I would tell them that they could do it too, its as if the information does not sink in. They either say that their genetics suck and they could never eat what they want (total bullshit) or literally the information DOES NOT sink in despite them watching us eat in front of them.  They assume that we must do cardio, despite them never seeing us ever do it.  They would then convince themselves that they didn`t see it as I would get the same questions "what exactly do you eat" from the same people.

Occasionally I will get recognized from Getbig and they say they just don`t have the courage to do what I do.  

I`m sure you have seen all the doubters here who never even have tried my approach say things like, "you are barely eating anything", "You are lying", "I would feel hungry if I tried that", "I couldn`t stop myself from eating the whole box of cookies", "You are on drugs" and on and on and on....Its all bullshit.  They simply cannot Deal with it and they are so wrapped up in their own food paranoia its useless to even bother with them at times.

Be prepared to get treated in the same manner. Its coming...EL-O-EL !!!!

E
FroZZoR
Getbig IV

Getbig!

« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2011, 10:30:08 AM »

Alright, weighed myself this morning first thing when I got up. 178 on the dot.

I also took some photo's with better lighting

* 2.jpg (30.67 KB, 299x422 - viewed 278 times.)

* 3.jpg (38.39 KB, 339x454 - viewed 286 times.)
The True Adonis
Getbig V

« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2011, 10:40:51 AM »

Alright, weighed myself this morning first thing when I got up. 178 on the dot.

I also took some photo's with better lighting
You`ll have some nice razor sharp lines once the fat comes off.  The good thing is, we most likely won`t have to lower your calories much, if even at all.  The 2500 daily may be all that it takes. 

What is your training like?

E
FroZZoR
Getbig IV

Getbig!

« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2011, 10:46:37 AM »

1. arms

2. shoulders + traps

3. Back + bi's + calves

4. Chest & tri's

5. not always a fifth day but it's usually a misc day of calves and hams, abs or anything I may have missed during the week

I don't train quads anymore because I can't live with the soreness I get for 2-3 days afterwards. I also train abs 2-3 times per week and fit it in depending on how I;m feeling physically.
FroZZoR
Getbig IV

Getbig!

« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2011, 10:48:56 AM »

Oh and I usually do 2 days then 1 day rest then another 2 days.
The True Adonis
Getbig V

« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2011, 10:55:22 AM »

Ok, lets start working Quads.  I know your line of work may make it a bit difficult, but I am quite confident a few sets of squats each week is liveable.

I know you easily can do:
4 Sets of Squats or Leg Press
4 Sets of Leg Extensions

Lets start with that once a week.  The sooner you start training the legs hard, the faster this entire process will go.  Plus, you will most likely gain some muscle in the process seeing as you have relaxed a bit on the leg training.

E
FroZZoR
Getbig IV

Getbig!

« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2011, 10:59:09 AM »

Ok.

Should I stay in the 10-12 rep range with weight that's comfortable?
The True Adonis
Getbig V

« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2011, 11:05:05 AM »

Ok.

Should I stay in the 10-12 rep range with weight that's comfortable?
That would be fine.  As long as you are challenging yourself, it matters absolutely zero what the weight is.

I like to do my squats like this:
10 reps
6-8 reps
4-6 reps
4-2 reps
20-30 reps

Each set the weight increases, with the final set done with a lot lighter weight.

But, if you feel better doing 10-12 reps straight through, that will be acceptable.  I do that sometimes as well.  The important thing is, that you are in there doing it!

This will make EVERYTHING a lot easier.

E
FroZZoR
Getbig IV

Getbig!

« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2011, 12:51:40 PM »

Okay so yesterday was a bit of a junk food oriented day even though I know it doesn't matter I'm still getting the hang of 'anything is ok'

1. 3 whole eggs + 2 wraps - 400cal

2. shake - 240cal

3. subway sandwich - 400cal

4. 3 subway cookies - 650 cal

5. lays chips - 270cal

6. 2 mcdonalds cheeseburgers - 600 cal

total: 2560

The True Adonis
Getbig V

« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2011, 12:55:27 PM »

Okay so yesterday was a bit of a junk food oriented day even though I know it doesn't matter I'm still getting the hang of 'anything is ok'

1. 3 whole eggs + 2 wraps - 400cal

2. shake - 240cal

3. subway sandwich - 400cal

4. 3 subway cookies - 650 cal

5. lays chips - 270cal

6. 2 mcdonalds cheeseburgers - 600 cal

total: 2560

Perfect.  Much better than the Bro-Science "Clean Eating Bodybuilding" bullshit diet diet eh?

E
FroZZoR
Getbig IV

Getbig!

« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2011, 01:05:40 PM »

Sooo much better.

Also I'm not sure if it's in my head but looking at myself in the mirror this morning before a shower my midsection along with the rest of me was looking tighter.

How long do you think it'll be before I start seeing my conditioning really come together?
The True Adonis
Getbig V

« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2011, 01:21:33 PM »

Sooo much better.

Also I'm not sure if it's in my head but looking at myself in the mirror this morning before a shower my midsection along with the rest of me was looking tighter.

How long do you think it'll be before I start seeing my conditioning really come together?

It will work pretty fast even despite starting with the higher end of calories.  Once we get an idea of how your top caloric range is going in regards to fat loss, we can begin to map out how long it will take. Its an enjoyable process and unbelievably easy.  I still find it amusing how the "Clean Eaters" moan in agony and let that meme identify their existence whilst dieting.

The good thing about this approach, as you can imagine, its easily sustainable for the long term.  You can remain in whatever shape you want year round. 

E
The True Adonis
Getbig V

« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2011, 10:43:58 AM »

Everything still on track?

E
FroZZoR
Getbig IV

Getbig!

« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2011, 06:57:43 PM »

Yes.

So I started this on Thursday and I measured my waist today and it was down half an inch to 33.5. I'm still at 2500 each day.

2 questions:

1) If I wanted my girlfriend on this diet how would I go about setting that up?

2) How do I explain the adonis principals to others? in other words how does it work exactly?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!