Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
July 29, 2014, 06:00:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Using the Adonis Principals  (Read 9035 times)
The True Adonis
Getbig V

"We Will Correct All This."

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2011, 07:37:01 PM »

Yes.

So I started this on Thursday and I measured my waist today and it was down half an inch to 33.5. I'm still at 2500 each day.

2 questions:

1) If I wanted my girlfriend on this diet how would I go about setting that up?

2) How do I explain the adonis principals to others? in other words how does it work exactly?

VERY GOOD!
Your progress makes me very pleased and am very happy for you as it will only continue onwards.

1) Your girlfriend can do the EXACT same thing as you just with less calories of course.  I would need a little info on her such as height, weight activity level.  You do not have to post anything about her on here if you wish to remain private.  Feel free to PM me and you can either write it in there or I can PM you my Email address.  Whichever you feel is most appropriate to do. 

2) Explaining it is really dependent upon your audience.  Some people understand that a Calorie is a Calorie and that you meet Nutritional needs by default and once in a deficit, fat will certainly not be stored.  Remember, there is no such thing as a clean food or a junk food. 

Other people need to be shown studies, examples, or even need a basic biology refresher.  It really is dependent upon who you are explaining it to.
Report to moderator   Logged

E
FroZZoR
Getbig IV

Getbig!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2011, 09:11:26 PM »

VERY GOOD!
Your progress makes me very pleased and am very happy for you as it will only continue onwards.

1) Your girlfriend can do the EXACT same thing as you just with less calories of course.  I would need a little info on her such as height, weight activity level.  You do not have to post anything about her on here if you wish to remain private.  Feel free to PM me and you can either write it in there or I can PM you my Email address.  Whichever you feel is most appropriate to do. 

2) Explaining it is really dependent upon your audience.  Some people understand that a Calorie is a Calorie and that you meet Nutritional needs by default and once in a deficit, fat will certainly not be stored.  Remember, there is no such thing as a clean food or a junk food. 

Other people need to be shown studies, examples, or even need a basic biology refresher.  It really is dependent upon who you are explaining it to.

"once in a deficit, fat will certainly not be stored" I don't understand this part. So I get it that a calorie is a calorie and it doesn't matter what the calorie is coming from as long as your hitting the right amount of calories per day.
FroZZoR
Getbig IV

Getbig!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2011, 11:35:49 AM »

Okay some updated photo's. Just over a week now since being on the Adonis Principals. These were taken this morning on an empty stomach and no gym for two days. I am definitely getting leaner, and am really enjoying be able to eat whatever I want. My mood and the way I have been feeling is a million times better than when I use to torture myself on the typical bodybuilder style diet. I'm excited to see how much difference i'm going to see after a month's time.

* 1.jpg (110.33 KB, 350x463 - viewed 329 times.)

* 4.jpg (82.61 KB, 326x380 - viewed 342 times.)
The True Adonis
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2011, 11:40:42 AM »

Okay some updated photo's. These were taken this morning on an empty stomach and no gym for two days. I am definitely getting leaner, and am really enjoying be able to eat whatever I want. My mood and the way I have been feeling is a million times better than when I use to torture myself on the typical bodybuilder style diet.
Very good work!!!  Keep it up.  I am glad to hear that your mood and overall general well being and feeling is completely improved.  I think that is the number one benefit to all of it.  Oh and a great end result of a lean physique as well of course.

Just think, you never have to go back to the old ways.  Its a good thing you learned at a young age as most NEVER do and continue onward with the unnecessary self torture.

I can tell in your pictures that your waist line is shrinking and your abdominal fat is coming off.  Keep it up, I am proud of you.

E
FroZZoR
Getbig IV

Getbig!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2011, 11:44:03 AM »

Very good work!!!  Keep it up.  I am glad to hear that your mood and overall general well being and feeling is completely improved.  I think that is the number one benefit to all of it.  Oh and a great end result of a lean physique as well of course.

Just think, you never have to go back to the old ways.  Its a good thing you learned at a young age as most NEVER do and continue onward with the unnecessary self torture.

I can tell in your pictures that your waist line is shrinking and your abdominal fat is coming off.  Keep it up, I am proud of you.

Thank's again for the help.

I'm excited for when you want me to start cardio again and help remove water. I've never been ripped in my life only somewhat lean and using this approach is so much better.
d0nny2600
Getbig IV

http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2011, 11:48:48 AM »

Looks good so far.
The True Adonis
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2011, 11:56:33 AM »

Thank's again for the help.

I'm excited for when you want me to start cardio again and help remove water. I've never been ripped in my life only somewhat lean and using this approach is so much better.
Water is easy to get rid of.  Water in=Water out.  All you need to do is drink around 2 gallons of water, diet drink and the water is gone.  This is probably the best piece of advice Layne Norton has ever offered for Naturals is that you NEVER cut water.  Check out this article as it is incredibly useful for us naturals:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne-norton-peak-week-water-sodium.html

Layne Norton Peak Week: Water & Sodium

The biggest misconception about peak week concerns water. The logic is simple: If you cut water, there will be less under your skin, and you'll look more shredded, right? WRONG!

E
d0nny2600
Getbig IV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2011, 11:58:01 AM »

Water is easy to get rid of.  Water in=Water out.  All you need to do is drink around 2 gallons of water, diet drink and the water is gone.  This is probably the best piece of advice Layne Norton has ever offered for Naturals is that you NEVER cut water.  Check out this article as it is incredibly useful for us naturals:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne-norton-peak-week-water-sodium.html

Layne Norton Peak Week: Water & Sodium

The biggest misconception about peak week concerns water. The logic is simple: If you cut water, there will be less under your skin, and you'll look more shredded, right? WRONG!
Guys that depend on this the last week always seem to fuck something up at the end.
FroZZoR
Getbig IV

Getbig!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2011, 03:23:04 PM »

Still going strong on 2500cal a day. I went camping over the long weekend and wasn't able to keep track of my calories though, I didn't stuff my face all day or anything but the beer I think didn't help. I'l have some new photo's up for thursday and that'll mark the 4 week period.

Adonis, when is it time to start changing things up such as calories or adding cardio?
The True Adonis
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2011, 04:00:59 PM »

Still going strong on 2500cal a day. I went camping over the long weekend and wasn't able to keep track of my calories though, I didn't stuff my face all day or anything but the beer I think didn't help. I'l have some new photo's up for thursday and that'll mark the 4 week period.

Adonis, when is it time to start changing things up such as calories or adding cardio?
Keep it up!

We will start to change things a bit after about a month or so or if there is a glaring roadblock (which is highly unlikely).

E
The True Adonis
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2011, 04:01:54 PM »

Week 5 or 6 we will probably adjust the calories a bit.

E
FroZZoR
Getbig IV

Getbig!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2011, 07:34:17 AM »

Okay, i've been lazy on putting up pics sorry about that. I've been staying consistent at 2500 best that I can. I've noticed after 5 weeks now that I've been able to hold the same conditioning but I am free to eat whatever I want.

I initially leaned out some when I first started and I have been able to keep that same weight / waist size. I think now is the time to start tweaking things adonis.
The True Adonis
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2011, 07:42:37 AM »

Okay, i've been lazy on putting up pics sorry about that. I've been staying consistent at 2500 best that I can. I've noticed after 5 weeks now that I've been able to hold the same conditioning but I am free to eat whatever I want.

I initially leaned out some when I first started and I have been able to keep that same weight / waist size. I think now is the time to start tweaking things adonis.
Lets go to 2100 calories starting today/tomorrow whichever is easier. 

E
The True Adonis
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2011, 07:43:36 AM »

How is your leg training coming along?

E
d0nny2600
Getbig IV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2011, 07:54:27 AM »

This is very interesting. Some more updates would be nice though. From someone who would usually follow the typical bb diet this is very interesting.
FroZZoR
Getbig IV

Getbig!

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2011, 07:20:37 AM »

How is your leg training coming along?

Okay, 2100 starting today.

Leg training is good, hit them on tuesday. 4 sets extensions with 4 sets leg press. Then finished with calves and abs. I'll be hitting hamstrings today with chest and tri's.
FroZZoR
Getbig IV

Getbig!

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2011, 04:11:49 PM »

I think I was closer to 2500 yesterday so I made today my official first day to begin 2100 cals.

Here are some photo's I took today. Again, I've been eating whatever I want. Mcdonald's cheese burgers, chicken wings, potatoe chips, chocolate etc.

Although I don't eat just crap all day I still eat chicken and potatoes it's just now I can have 1-2 cheat meals a day if I want or whenever i'm craving something sweet or salty I don't have to feel guilty.

This morning I made myself a breakfast wrap with 2 whole eggs and 10g of of bacon. After the gym I made myself a home made burger with 6oz of seasoned extra lean ground pork and a little after I had a piece of Lindt chocolate.

* 2.jpg (175.04 KB, 565x529 - viewed 319 times.)

* 3.jpg (118.52 KB, 361x516 - viewed 291 times.)

* 4.jpg (160.3 KB, 513x519 - viewed 293 times.)
The True Adonis
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2011, 04:28:41 PM »

I think I was closer to 2500 yesterday so I made today my official first day to begin 2100 cals.

Here are some photo's I took today. Again, I've been eating whatever I want. Mcdonald's cheese burgers, chicken wings, potatoe chips, chocolate etc.

Although I don't eat just crap all day I still eat chicken and potatoes it's just now I can have 1-2 cheat meals a day if I want or whenever i'm craving something sweet or salty I don't have to feel guilty.

This morning I made myself a breakfast wrap with 2 whole eggs and 10g of of bacon. After the gym I made myself a home made burger with 6oz of seasoned extra lean ground pork and a little after I had a piece of Lindt chocolate.

Rolling right along.  I can see a visual difference in your chest and shoulders and abs.  Keep up the good work my friend.  Also, you may want to take the same picture in the same location with the same poses for best comparisons.

Looking good and keep it up.

E
madg
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2011, 04:27:49 AM »

Rolling right along.  I can see a visual difference in your chest and shoulders and abs.  Keep up the good work my friend.  Also, you may want to take the same picture in the same location with the same poses for best comparisons.

Looking good and keep it up.

YEP HE STARTED CUTING ALREADY CAN SEE CHANGE WHERE U SAY..VERY WELL THIS VERY INTERESTING..IM FOLOWING
Domthemilky
Getbig II

PENNNTAAAKILLLL

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2011, 05:45:47 AM »

Very interesting, I'll be sure to check back on this thread. In regards to the progress so far, Arms also look a lot leaner mate, gj. A

donis how do you get round the fact with ordering things like pizza? do you never order them in just make your own? Mind you i suppose some of the companies have calorie listings somewhere but it can be a pain having to estimate the calories in some fast food as you can easily go over your daily limit.
The True Adonis
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2011, 05:51:01 AM »

Very interesting, I'll be sure to check back on this thread. In regards to the progress so far, Arms also look a lot leaner mate, gj. A

donis how do you get round the fact with ordering things like pizza? do you never order them in just make your own? Mind you i suppose some of the companies have calorie listings somewhere but it can be a pain having to estimate the calories in some fast food as you can easily go over your daily limit.
You learn pretty easily how to estimate it and can get a ball park figure if need be.  As long as you are on point with calories around 80 percent of the time, ordering a pizza say and not bother counting it will be completely fine.

Also, not counting calories every 10-12 days is acceptable as well once we are at least over a month or month and half in.

E
Domthemilky
Getbig II

PENNNTAAAKILLLL

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2011, 05:53:36 AM »

You learn pretty easily how to estimate it and can get a ball park figure if need be.  As long as you are on point with calories around 80 percent of the time, ordering a pizza say and not bother counting it will be completely fine.

Also, not counting calories every 10-12 days is acceptable as well once we are at least over a month or month and half in.

I see, thanks.

Also when cutting do you advocate high volume to burn more calories? as I know you don't like to do cardio (me neither)
The True Adonis
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2011, 08:08:43 AM »

I see, thanks.

Also when cutting do you advocate high volume to burn more calories? as I know you don't like to do cardio (me neither)
The diet will take care of calorie burning as you will be in a deficit so no need to adjust your routine with higher volume.

E
FroZZoR
Getbig IV

Getbig!

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2011, 11:27:33 AM »

ALRIGHT!

I'm still alive, lol.

I mentioned to Adonis that once I switched from 2500 to 2100 calories a day I began to 'party' quiet a bit during the weekday (heading out after school or work for some beers at the bar) normal 2-3 times a week for a 2 week period. I still stayed conscious of my calories but more often than not I was in the 2600-2800 range.

Since the 10th of october I've stayed focused to being at 2100 calories and stayed focused on my training.

I took these photo's today after being on 2100 calories seriously for a week. I also want to mention that this weekend I was out camping for 3 days and wasn't focused on my calorie intake.

Minus all of these distractions and screw ups on my part I haven't gained a single pound (lol) and I feel like i've gotten a little tighter.

This morning I ate:

2 whole eggs
31g bacon
55g bread
1tsp margarine
FroZZoR
Getbig IV

Getbig!

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2011, 03:27:47 PM »

* 1.jpg (146.04 KB, 405x544 - viewed 233 times.)

* 2.jpg (101.93 KB, 360x367 - viewed 248 times.)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.16 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!