Author Topic: Juicing  (Read 3183 times)

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
Juicing
« on: September 09, 2011, 08:09:23 PM »
Anyone do it on a regualr basis?  What are your favorite recipes.  Just ordered a juicer so looking to see what to make.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: Juicing
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 08:44:31 PM »
Anyone do it on a regualr basis?  What are your favorite recipes.  Just ordered a juicer so looking to see what to make.

I used to do it all the time, but the damn thing is a PIA to clean, so I quit.

The majority of the recipes started with a carrot base - 4 carrots and 1/2 granny smith apple being my fav.  Orange, with only the zest removed was heavenly.  Anything with beet was vile  :-X
:

abijahmaniaco

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 10:21:33 PM »
i do. three days a week. carrots, apples, oranges, lemons, grapes, spinach, broccoli, beats, strawberries, celery, ginger root, asparagus, etc...

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 11:16:51 AM »
i hate beets.  bleh!  I am waiting for my juicer to arrive.  I want to do some greens etc, some of the recipes i've come across sound nasty though.

abijahmaniaco

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 01:30:43 PM »
beats are good for the liver. so i figure a good investment especially if you do oral steroids.

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 04:15:45 PM »
beats are good for the liver. so i figure a good investment especially if you do oral steroids.

different typ of juicing lol. that will be later

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011, 04:24:29 PM »
I did for a couple weeks but decided spending 300 bucks on fruit and vegetables for a few glasses of juice didn't seem to be feasible.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2011, 08:48:02 PM »
I bought the Jack Lalanne one...I like it a lot but don't crazy with the recipes...pretty standard stuff. I had to buy the jumpsuit separate, though.

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2011, 01:16:47 PM »
damn I was hoping the jumpmesuit was included

abijahmaniaco

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2011, 08:42:51 PM »
I bought the Jack Lalanne one...I like it a lot but don't crazy with the recipes...pretty standard stuff. I had to buy the jumpsuit separate, though.
yeah, that's the one i have. the nice thing about it is it's relatively quiet. you have to be careful not to over-tighten the blade though seeing as the threads are plastic.

Jam Master J

• Getbig I
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2011, 08:25:34 AM »
Stupid question, but how does a juicer differ from a blender & why is it more beneficial?

abijahmaniaco

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2011, 06:53:17 PM »
Stupid question, but how does a juicer differ from a blender & why is it more beneficial?
well lol a juicer extracts the juice and spits out the pulp. a blender just blends whatever you put in it.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2011, 09:02:05 AM »
Juicing is a crock of crap.  First off, you waste all that fibre and pulp which is loaded with nutrients.  Secondly, juicing gives you diarrhea in the worst way.

Just buy the fruit and eat it whole.  SO much better for you.

abijahmaniaco

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2011, 12:10:47 PM »
Juicing is a crock of crap.  First off, you waste all that fibre and pulp which is loaded with nutrients.
here's my suggestion if you want more fiber: juice most of it and then blend in a few things.
or just eat ezequel 4:9 bread. my god there's enough fiber in a couple slices of that to make you poop bricks.

Secondly, juicing gives you diarrhea in the worst way.
you're diarrhea is absolutely unrelated.

Just buy the fruit and eat it whole.  SO much better for you.
it's not like you could otherwise consume the quantity and variety that's possible with juicing.

lastly. juicing is not a replacement for whole foods obviously. think of it as supplementary.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2011, 12:25:27 PM »
Everyone I know that juices will tell you that the stuff pours right outta them.  It's not "absolutely unrelated".  Many people report this with juicing.

Secondly, I don't need to eat more fiber as I get it with the whole portion of fruit.

Finally, eating a couple pieces of fruit a day is totally sufficient.  You basically state that without juicing you can't get the quantity of fruit in per day.  That's nonsense. 

Just eat the whole fruit.  You'll save money, time, patience, and you'll be healtier for it.  Trust me.

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2011, 05:46:37 PM »
I haven't had any poop issues.  I also eat steel cut oatmeal and other fiber sources.  I like the juicer so far.  Nice to be able to slam some micro-nutrients in a tasty way.

abijahmaniaco

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2011, 07:53:24 PM »
i've juiced for many many years and never had diarrhea. many of my family juice too--no diarrhea in sight.

ok to prove my point: here's what i juice three days a week:
4 carrots
1/2 beat
1 apple
1 orange
1 lemon
handful spinach
2 celery
chunk of ginger root
couple fists of grapes
some broccoli
half a cucumber
1/4 a head of cabbage
9 stalks of asparagus

there's no way i would have room in my belly for all of this whole that's what i'm saying.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2011, 06:20:38 AM »
Honestly, waste of a ton of good food (and money) right there.  Most of the nutrients and the fiber youre tossing out.

To each their own I suppose.

randy841

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2011, 11:24:25 AM »
Juicing or not - nothing replaces whole foods.

Either the blender or nothing.

Why let all the fiber go to waste?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2011, 02:27:18 AM »
Fruits and veggies in their natural state are far better than juice.