Author Topic: What is the simplest way to get the right amount of protein daily? (200lb male)  (Read 2457 times)

qurtrn10

• Getbig I
I'm getting back in to the working out phase, and want it to become just a regular part of my lifestyle.  Knowing myself, I need to keep my diet as simple as possible - just the big stuff for right now.  I'm not going to keep up with the big stuff if I'm concentrating on the detail stuff (flax seed oil, glutamin, saturated vs unsaturated fats, etc...).

All I want to do for the first step is get the right amount of protein daily.  Once that becomes second nature, then I can start refining to include other factors.

I can do protein shakes, but want to rely on them as little as possible - hopefully just one a day regularly, and then a second one could be a backup on the days when something happens to make me miss a meal.

I like eggs, and would eat between 6-12 in a sitting (I know I shouldn't eat all the yokes, but I tried egg whites for a while and hated the taste).  I usually mix in just a little cheese, and sometimes a can of chicken breast.

When I make tuna fish, I will eat two small cans, mixing in a little shredded cheese and relish, but no mayo.

I also like the cans of Roast Beef and Hash that can just be heated and eaten. 

So starting with that, what else can/should I do to get about 200 grams of protein a day?

Thanks,
William

MM2K

• Getbig IV
I would consider taking 2 or 3 protein shakes a day. That just makes it easier and more convenient.

Eggs are good for breakfast. If you are on the keto diet you can eat the yolk. If not, you might do half egg whites and half whole eggs.

I usually do chicken breasts for lunch. You can buy a bunch at Wal Mart for a pretty cheap price. I broil them in my oven and then put each one in a zip lock freezer bag and freeze them. When I am ready to take it to work I put it in tupper ware and put it in my cooler and take it to work for lunch.

For supper I have either top sirloin steak that I cook on a skillet, or I have poached Salmon that I cook on the stove in a pan full of water. You can buy sirloin steak at Wal Mart for a pretty good price.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

lesaucer

eat eggs, i eat 18eggs everyday, 6 for breakfast, 6 for lunch, and 6 before bed, with lots of milk during the day and meat for dinner.. always eat the yolk. yolk+icecream=mass unless you're a fatass

nosleep

• Getbig IV
  • INJECT NOW. LAUGH LATER.
DRINK LIQUID EGG WHITES.

2CUPS= 52G PROTEIN.
MEDICATED BY STRANGO

yates fan

• Getbig III
3 solid meals 3 liquid meals.

Armani

• Getbig II
  • 161 confirmed kills and counting
Don't give up on egg whites which are one of the most concentrated protein sources available.  Mix smoked salmon (wild) in your egg whites and you will never taste the difference.

wild willie

• Getbig V
Cottage cheese.....lean hamburger patties....and protein drinks.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Breakfast is usually 5 whole eggs.
Lunch is often a turkey sandwich.

I like to grill or broil a dozen or so turkey, beef, or venison burgers at a time, and reheat throughout the week for dinner.
I also use a slow-cooker/crock-pot to make up a large batch of chili or stew.
Foods that require a moderate-to-inordinate prep time, I will often prepare a substantial amount at once.

Protein shakes with about ¾ cup of oatmeal added are good for me between meals.
I also have venison sticks ala Slim Jims that I randomly munch on during the day.
I usually add 10 liver tablets to each of my whole-food meals; primarily for the aminos.

A good casein shake, Egg Beaters and/or cottage cheese are a favorite choice of mine towards bedtime.

I steer clear of protein bars since most either have high sugar content, or simply don’t taste very good to me.