Author Topic: Jobs Disaster: Prez ZERO has 0 jobs gain in August 2011 - June/July revised -57k  (Read 4739 times)

James

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
If zero jobs cained is a "DISASTER"...

What do you call a loss of 500k jobs a month? 

You must have used a REALLLLLLLY strong word for it when it happened to Bush.

No, wait, you were too busy bashing Biden's hair plugs back then.  Silly me.

What is a better average? 5.7% UE or 9.3% UE?

UE during Bush's terms, both of them, the average UE was 5.7%. Obama's is almost twice as high. Even the UE when Bush left was lower than it is now.

You focus on 1 month and disregard all the other 52 months of job growth during the Bush years. I will tell you what's a catastrophe. OBAMA'S ENTIRE PRESIDENCY IS A CATASTROPHE!!!

http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Wow, that was totally unexpected. We were just coming out of a recession and now this!!

I am not worried though, I think the talent in the government will pull us out of this soon!

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
If zero jobs cained is a "DISASTER"...

What do you call a loss of 500k jobs a month? 

You must have used a REALLLLLLLY strong word for it when it happened to Bush.

No, wait, you were too busy bashing Biden's hair plugs back then.  Silly me.

Oh shut up.

losing 500k is a total disaster.

ZERO job growth is also a total disasters given that it was proclaimed that the recession was over 2 years ago and that we have been told that we are and have been in a recovery, it's been a year since the "Summer of Recovery", remember? All the money that's been spent, printed and handed out, all the U.E. insurance, food stamps, debt, deficits, growth of govt, hackneyed CFC like plans and all of that...this is what this admin. has to show for it. We still have 400k+ people filling U.E claims per week, we have an historically low LFP rate, GDP is low and being revised downward and on and on . So yes, in this context it is a total and absolute disaster. When it was happening under Bush at least we knew that this was a huge economic meltdown and things were going to be very very bad and dire. With this we've been fed the "Summer of Recovery" line and the "Well, it's growing, just not fast enough" line for 2 years....and this is the outcome.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
I completely agree that obama is a lying failure.  Can I be any clearer?  You repubs run anyone not named palin, and I'll campaign for him/her.

My beef here is with 333386... having fun with his "OMGZERS, it's a disaster that we had zero growth last month!"

A disaster is a tsunami.  This is a poor economic performance period.  Shitty, but using words like disaster for everything from tusnamis to economic flatlines to christmas decorations really diminishes the imact of the word.  Like when a 7th grade girl says the world is ending, because her 'date' is texting another girl.  the world isn't really ending - she's just being a juvenile twaht.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
I completely agree that obama is a lying failure.  Can I be any clearer?  You repubs run anyone not named palin, and I'll campaign for him/her.

My beef here is with 333386... having fun with his "OMGZERS, it's a disaster that we had zero growth last month!"

A disaster is a tsunami.  This is a poor economic performance period.  Shitty, but using words like disaster for everything from tusnamis to economic flatlines to christmas decorations really diminishes the imact of the word.  Like when a 7th grade girl says the world is ending, because her 'date' is texting another girl.  the world isn't really ending - she's just being a juvenile twaht.

For the 15 million out of work, the millions of college grads w no job prospects, the small businesses making nothing and only paying bills, its not a 240 fart, but a fucking horrendous disaster.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V

For the 15 million out of work, the millions of college grads w no job prospects, the small businesses making nothing and only paying bills, its not a 240 fart, but a fucking horrendous disaster.   

in that case, call the entire obama economic performance a disaster.

don't call "a month of minimal growth" a disaster.  See what I mean?

IMO, people are just so freakin dramatic that it undercuts their credibility in other things.  And some things you bring are 100% important.  But screaming about christmas decorations makes the effectiveness of your screaming about major issues less impactful.  and i'd like to see your message get out more.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Its all related.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Its all related.

I might get hit by lighting today while golfing.  I might lose a ball in the drink today while golfing.

Related?  yes.  Dually tragic?  Nah.

just pulling your chain bro... i'm way more sober than I should be, makes me cranky.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I might get hit by lighting today while golfing.  I might lose a ball in the drink today while golfing.

Related?  yes.  Dually tragic?  Nah.

just pulling your chain bro... i'm way more sober than I should be, makes me cranky.

You have commies in your admn putting Mao ornaments on the tree - you know there is a problem. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
You have commies in your admn putting Mao ornaments on the tree - you know there is a problem. 

I have a problem alright... I burned this grilled cheese sandwich.  What a disaster lunch has become.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
First time since 1945...

WASHINGTON — Employment growth ground to a halt in August, as sagging consumer confidence discouraged already skittish U.S. businesses from hiring, keeping pressure on the Federal Reserve to provide more monetary stimulus to aid the struggling economy.

Nonfarm payrolls were unchanged last month, the Labor Department said Friday. It was the first times ince 1945 that the government has reported a net monthly job change of zero.The August payrolls report was the worst since September 2010, while nonfarm employment for June and July was revised to show 58,000 fewer jobs.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44370462/ns/business/#.TmDxrGMxWHs

Wow. 

Worse than Carter.   :-\

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
that shows how wrong the report is.
Our company added three new full time employees and the new IN and OUT burger restaurant just opened in August and they added 30+ staff.
w

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
Our company added three new full time employees and the new IN and OUT burger restaurant just opened in August and they added 30+ staff.

I like you chadstallion, that's why I'm going to kill you last.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
I like you chadstallion, that's why I'm going to kill you last.
;)
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

LMFAO! ! !  !

No wonder you voted for ZERO 

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
LMFAO! ! !  !

No wonder you voted for ZERO 
you're welcome.
you've been abused more than usual this week so I thought I'd put a smile on your face for a friday afternoon.
I could really put a smile on your face if you'd let me do somethin' else.....
and you wouldn't even have to get out of your chair; you could continue to post here while I do all the work... ;)
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
you're welcome.
you've been abused more than usual this week so I thought I'd put a smile on your face for a friday afternoon.
I could really put a smile on your face if you'd let me do somethin' else.....
and you wouldn't even have to get out of your chair; you could continue to post here while I do all the work... ;)

Abused? ? ? ?    i am on a fucking roll! 

Who you kidding.  Between F&F, Solyndra, Uncle Omar, Economy, that fat disgusting C%^ wife, etc, I have had more than my fair share of laughs kicking these two dirtbags while they are down. 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
you used the word DISASTER to describe zero job growth.

What word did/would you use to describe a situation where 500k jobs are LOST in a month?

It's gotta be WAY worse than disaster.  Unless you were just being dramatic?

You truly are one stupid fuck. You should go tell that to the people standing in the 1+ mile long line waiting to get into a career in Georgia. Fucking scumbag.

Thanks, President Downgrade. First time since 1945 that the economy added 0 net jobs. Awesome work. Stellar leadership! What an absolute failure. He needs to just go away.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
What he needs to do is resign and or announce he is not running.

Fury

• Getbig V
What he needs to do is resign and or announce he is not running.

He is far too arrogant, egotistical and immature to admit that he is a failure. Remember, nothing is his fault, everyone else is out to get him.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Funny how 180 attacks me for the word disaster when that was the word used by the author of the first piece I posted from business insider.  So he needs to take it up w joe wiesanthal.

Fury

• Getbig V
Funny how 180 attacks me for the word disaster when that was the word used by the author of the first piece I posted from business insider.  So he needs to take it up w joe wiesanthal.

180 is a real piece of shit with his argument that this isn't a disaster. Tell that to the 10+ million Americans who don't have two nickels to rub together. Funny how the left couldn't give two fucks about these people. All about shoving their failed agenda down this country's throat.

MM2K

• Getbig IV
Im just going to hope for more despair. I know that doesnt sound patriotic of me but Americans are doing this to themselves. All of this is completely unnecessary. What pisses me off are the dumbfucks who say this is something that was "long in the making" and that "it will take us forever to get out of because it was long in the making". BULLSHIT. We had a recession that was made worse than it otherwise would have been because of the artificiality of the housing bubble that was indeed somewhat long in the making. But recessions HAPPEN. And you always come out of them within 2 or 3 years. The only time we dont come out of recessions in that time span is when the government interferes too much. And this administration have interfered more than any since FDR.

The independents need to get thier heads out of thier asses and quit doubling down on thier mistakes. The time for the rationalizing is over. They thought Bush was worse than he really was, and so they panicked and voted for someone that any thoughtful person should have known would be a lot worse. Obama is a disaster and they need to come to grips with it. They also need to come to grips with the fact that the Democrats are full of wackjob extremists. Im reading from some columns of these financial experts and thier political apathy stuns me. Thier non partisan criticisms at Washington are rediculous. They talk about how Washington needs "to act". BULLSHIT. Washington needs to get out of the way. It doesnt matter. Obama will be gone in 2013, the GOP will maintain control of the HOUSE and will get the Senate, if anythign because of the re-election cycle. Then this freakshow will be over for atleast 2-4 years. What Im concerned about is that the Democrats wont get as much longterm punishment as they deserve for this. If this country allows another Democrat in the White House within the next 12 years I will cry.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
This Bad Jobs Report Is Worse Than it Seems
September 2, 2011 9:59 A.M.
By Kevin A. Hassett
Job creation ground to a halt in August, and the U.S. is now clearly sputtering toward a recession. Downward revisions to prior months make this bad report worse than it seems.

It might be that this jobs report stimulates the Obama team to drop all the Keynesian nonsense, but I doubt it. Frankly, I expect Obama’s jobs speech to be the worst presidential speech in my lifetime. Their position throughout this recovery has been that the U.S. can have the highest corporate tax on earth, a big regulatory crackdown, and a vast expansion of labor-union power, and still expect a positive jobs story because of cash-for-clunkers and green jobs. This jobs report indicates how much damage that view has done.

— Kevin A. Hassett is director of economic-policy studies at the American Enterprise Institute.