Author Topic: Anyone else notice more people looking to borrow money?  (Read 4456 times)

w8m8

Re: Anyone else notice more people looking to borrow money?
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2011, 09:03:06 AM »
This will let him down easy and save the friendship.

"Wow, that's rough bro.  Look, don't take this the wrong way but my dad once told me that it's no good for a man to take money from another man because it poisons the friendship.  I wish I could help you out but I don't want there to be a debt between me and you, so... hey, I know!  I could give it to your wife.  Then it's her debt.  Tell her come by around 8 o'clock, we'll have a little dinner and talk over the particulars, and as long as we come to an agreement about things she ought to be back with the money not much later than midnight.  

How's the rest of the family doing?  What's your sister up to these days?  Your daughter... she's what now?  A junior, senior?  How's your mom doin'?"

;D

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2011, 08:01:02 PM »
Listen to what I'm about to say. Its very easy to deal with these people with one simple sentence.

Just say---I don't got it.

If you get any kind of disrespect from them about it, move on from the person for good. Follow this every single time and you will lose some friends but in the end you will be glad you did.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2011, 10:07:04 PM »
If you keep borrowing money to pay other debts all it does is perpetuate the problem even more (see Obama). But seriously borrowing is not a good thing 90% of the time because it"s rarely repaid. If you dont have the cash dont buy it, if you need it for rent, chances are you mismanaged your money or you have too much debt.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2011, 10:30:49 PM »
I have a couple friends that I would give the shirt off my back to if they asked, knowing without a doubt they would pay me back. By couple I mean 2. I've loaned money to other "friends" before and just like the saying predicts, it didn't end well.

The last time, I went back to a high school reunion. Probably my 20th with a fellow class mate that was living in the same town I was in but because he liked the mass transit.... or so he says, didnt own a car. I gave him a ride back to our home town where he went on and on to the local towns people and class mates about how wonderful his acting career was going, the pilots he'd been in as well as some speaking lines in Dazed and Confused and Newton boys etc etc. We even had to sit through an independent, unreleased film he starred in called Bat people or something like that..

So on the way home he starts hemming and hawing about how he needs $500 till he gets his next check in a month.. I already ain't liking this guy because he was blowing smoke up everybody's ass  but I figure what the hell, high school friends, same town, he has a job.. so I agree. A month turned into 4 months till it just became the principle of the thing and I had to get assertive about it. He finally paid when his mom (he was probably 38) sent him money for Xmas. Haven't heard from him in years and that's fine with me.

I loaned $1400 to a military buddy who couldn't pay me back, but showed off the $1000 ring he bought for his girlfriend because "She deserved it"

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2011, 10:39:14 PM »
I am talking amounts, 300-1000 bucks, and sometimes I help and then they come back for more, I feel bad as I know they need it, yet I also know that they wont be able to payback for a long time if ever.

How do you say no? I am not rich, don't act like I have extra money to borrow and I really don't, yet I hate to have to avoid people because I know they want to ask me to borrow money.

I NEVER had this many people I know for so long ask, co-workers, relatives, its been gradually piling up, more and more people.

How the heck do you tell people you know, the you cant borrow them 300 bucks lol

get new friends, they must be real assholes when they dont pay you back in time. i borrow money to friends and they always pay back in time

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2011, 12:47:58 AM »
just came across this joke

One day an at home wife is alone and the doorbell rings.

She opens it to a guy, "Hi, is Tony home?"

The wife replies, "No, he went to the store, but you can wait here if you want."

So they sit down and after a while of silence the friend says "You know Sara, you have the greatest breasts I have ever seen. I'd give you a hundred buck just to see one."

Sara thinks about it for a second and figures, what the hell - a hundred bucks! She opens her robe and shows one to him for a few seconds. He promptly thanks her and throws a hundred bucks on the table. They sit there a while longer and guy then says "That was so amazing I've got to see both of them. I'll give you another 100 dollars if I could just see the both of them together."

Sara amazed by the offer sits and thinks a bit about it and thinks, heck, why not? So she opens her robe and gives Chris a nice long chance to cop a look.

A while later Tony arrives back home from the store. The wife goes up to him, "You know, your friend Chris came over."

Tony thinks about it for a second and says, "Well did he drop off the 200 bucks he owes me?"