Author Topic: Why do people think Christians reject the possibility of life on other planets?  (Read 5974 times)

mitchyboy

• Getbig III

Yes, I was able to follow you this time ;D

I still don't think one would have to do w/the other necessarily though.  If there is another planet of beings that have free will and each one of them never decided to sin, then God would still be sovereign...just as He was when He would fellowship w/Adam and Eve in the time before they sinned.
[/quote]
You just proved my point, thanks lol.
If Gods sovreignty is not in question then he is leting all the teribble things here on earth take place for nothing. He could have just wiped out Adam and Eve and started over. But for the benifit of the angels, because who else was there at the time, he has let things go on?
So you basicaly just admited that God wont or cant save us from all the wickedness, and in fact is a heartless bastard for alowing it to continue as long as he has.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
How do you come to the conclusion that He allows "all the terrible things here on earth take place for nothing?"

Have you ever gone through a difficult time in your life that has somehow benefitted you or someone else (then or later)?

Yes I believe God allows us to go through suffering although He could end it in any way He sees fit.  Sometimes I see why and sometimes I just don't.  But I believe He knows everything and I don't.

Mitchy, do you believe in personal responsibility in general?

I still don't think one would have to do w/the other necessarily though.  If there is another planet of beings that have free will and each one of them never decided to sin, then God would still be sovereign...just as He was when He would fellowship w/Adam and Eve in the time before they sinned.

If Gods sovreignty is not in question then he is leting all the teribble things here on earth take place for nothing. He could have just wiped out Adam and Eve and started over. But for the benifit of the angels, because who else was there at the time, he has let things go on?
So you basicaly just admited that God wont or cant save us from all the wickedness, and in fact is a heartless bastard for alowing it to continue as long as he has.
R

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...

Suffering makes much more sense without any supernatural deity as the universe is pitilessly indifferent to human suffering. The 'problem of evil' only is a problem if you a priori insert a supernatural power into the universe and then say, why does he allow suffering?
I hate the State.

mitchyboy

• Getbig III
I absolutly believe in presonal responsability. Eg, if u commit crimes ur likely to end up in prison or worse.

And yes, God absolutly IS alowing all the evil to take place in the world.It would be for nothing, only if there were other biengs someplace else.
 Adam and eve were created in perfection, placed in a perfect garden, on a perfect earth, in a perfect universe, and sined and blew it all for everyone lol. Now we have natural disasters, disease, plague,
murder, sickness, and death just to name a few.
All for the purpose of proveing Gods right to rule is the correct way, and mans is not.

That was why the first prophecy was uttered.
Now if there were another world of beings anywere else, all this could have played out already.

So either its not true, God dosnt care, or he dosnt exist.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
I absolutly believe in presonal responsability. Eg, if u commit crimes ur likely to end up in prison or worse.

And yes, God absolutly IS alowing all the evil to take place in the world.It would be for nothing, only if there were other biengs someplace else.
 Adam and eve were created in perfection, placed in a perfect garden, on a perfect earth, in a perfect universe, and sined and blew it all for everyone lol. Now we have natural disasters, disease, plague,
murder, sickness, and death just to name a few.
All for the purpose of proveing Gods right to rule is the correct way, and mans is not.

That was why the first prophecy was uttered.
Now if there were another world of beings anywere else, all this could have played out already.

So either its not true, God dosnt care, or he dosnt exist.

So you would say that if an Alien planet has real intelligent life, then they would be inferior to Human beings because Adam and Eve are perfect and these Aliens wouldn't be?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
This is all hypothetical nonsense.
There are no Aliens.

Isn't the idea of a "Supreme being" or "God" also hypothetical?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
The onus is on you. You're the one babbling like a madman. You have to prove it.
Actually the onus is equally upon you there brain child as deicide can attest as weve had this conversation time after time.

you yourself make an ascertion that God doesnt exits, this is your stance. Not proving one doesnt prove the other, so you too have to prove your stance.

OTHERWISE it falls into the we dont know category...

hope this helps, doubt it will ;)