Author Topic: Reg Parks diet.  (Read 27526 times)

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
Re: Reg Parks diet.
« Reply #75 on: September 26, 2011, 09:36:39 PM »
Sure they did, bodybuilders back then were actual BODYBUILDERS, not these pansy ass, drug taking, lazy 'athletes" that call themselves "bodybuilders" today. Any pro's (current) on here feel free to chime in on this.

F#cken' eh man, great post and total truth right there.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: September 26, 2011, 09:48:16 PM »
Yes.

Hes not full of shit, those guys were far from druggies back then and Reg busted his ass to get the lifts he did. 500lb bench press, 225lb barbell curls, 185lb incline dumbbell bench presses, 600lb squats. Guy had a huge frame was strong as hell and came from an athletic background with a hard working competitive spirit and desire to get big and strong. Completely different mentality and fundamentals than the guys today pumping themselves full of drugs trying to earn a living wearing a thong because they're too lazy to work a real job. Reg didnt do this for money or fame, he was a successful businessman who trained only for himself. Im telling you the guys back then were a different breed and had totally different intentions, motivations and outlooks on what the pursuit of a superior physique is supposed to be.

The Wizard

• Getbig III
  • Old School is THE School
« Reply #77 on: September 26, 2011, 11:54:12 PM »
Hes not full of shit, those guys were far from druggies back then and Reg busted his ass to get the lifts he did. 500lb bench press, 225lb barbell curls, 185lb incline dumbbell bench presses, 600lb squats. Guy had a huge frame was strong as hell and came from an athletic background with a hard working competitive spirit and desire to get big and strong. Completely different mentality and fundamentals than the guys today pumping themselves full of drugs trying to earn a living wearing a thong because they're too lazy to work a real job. Reg didnt do this for money or fame, he was a successful businessman who trained only for himself. Im telling you the guys back then were a different breed and had totally different intentions, motivations and outlooks on what the pursuit of a superior physique is supposed to be.
Agreed. You only have to look at how much size they lost back in the '50's and early '60's when dieting for a competition to know they weren't on drugs. Steroids came in in the mid/late '60's

StanZoLOL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2011, 03:36:59 AM »
Reg's competition wins and best lifts were done in the early 50s, too. Was he on something? Who knows. But probably wasn't dbol in 1949-1953, was it? ;)

Second man to bench 500, too. Done at a far lower BW than Doug Hepburn.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: September 27, 2011, 07:00:52 AM »
There can be no doubt that fags like muscles and are more than willing to pay for it.  Witness the sad example of Bay and you know it to be true, but not all bodybuilders are willing to be pin cushions for cash and I seriously doubt Park and Reeves did so.  There is no representative proof of either man smoking wang but I will grant you there are plenty of photographic examples of schmomosexuality gone fucking wild from way back.

well I am not saying that they did in fact engage in this type of thing...but in the Hollywood of that time there was rampant homosexuality...Rock Hudson....Cary Grant.....Marlon Brando......a few others that slip my mind right now......it could be a possibility that Reeves could have taken part for extra money and role consideration in movies....many of the film execs of the time were closet fags.....and many of the great leading men of Hollywood were found by talent scouts who were fags as well...which is why there were so many great handsome leading men in the 50's......

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: September 27, 2011, 07:33:56 AM »
Reg's competition wins and best lifts were done in the early 50s, too. Was he on something? Who knows. But probably wasn't dbol in 1949-1953, was it? ;)

Second man to bench 500, too. Done at a far lower BW than Doug Hepburn.

Hepburn was a fatso, Reg was the first muscular man to bench 500 at a BW of about 225 I think. I think he was that strong mainly because of his massive structure and work ethic, and i'm sure drugs weren't as rampant in the 50's when he did those lifts compared to the late 60's.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #81 on: September 27, 2011, 07:42:52 AM »
I agree che. We all had our Arnold fascinations at one point but i think people tend to over glorify bodybuilders of the past. Fact of the matter is Reg Park at his peak would struggle to win a local area show and Arnold would be stuck at the national level for years.

Thats because todays bodybuilding culture has a fucked up perception of what the ideal physique should look like. And Reg was a powerlifter more so than a 'bodybuilder', dont even know if he considered himself that.

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #82 on: September 27, 2011, 07:58:17 AM »

StanZoLOL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: September 27, 2011, 09:14:38 AM »
Hepburn was a fatso, Reg was the first muscular man to bench 500 at a BW of about 225 I think. I think he was that strong mainly because of his massive structure and work ethic, and i'm sure drugs weren't as rampant in the 50's when he did those lifts compared to the late 60's.

Yeah, 500 @ 225. Fantastic lift obviously even by today's (drugged) standards. Who knows if he used, sure he prolly did in the 60s and could of even used an early version of testosterone, but dbol wasn't even available in the early 50s when hit his bench record.

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2011, 09:42:42 AM »
I presume he never entered a Mr Olympia then? Any reason for this? Im sure he entered other contests like the Universe and won?

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2011, 09:48:17 AM »
I presume he never entered a Mr Olympia then? Any reason for this? Im sure he entered other contests like the Universe and won?
Maybe he did not have aspirations of oiling up and steping on a stage with a thong?

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: September 27, 2011, 10:04:00 AM »
Maybe he did not have aspirations of oiling up and steping on a stage with a thong?

I would say you're right. He was a mans man and might not of even liked the idea of shaving his chest before he did step on stage. Big powerful lumberjack outdoorsmen don't tend to do that kind of thing.