Author Topic: Schumer/Wieners' old seat goes to the repubs today. LMAO!!!  (Read 3744 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Schumer/Wieners' old seat goes to the repubs today. LMAO!!!
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2011, 05:43:40 AM »
These are comments by some voters and individuals associated with this race.

I said to myself, ‘We need to turn this election into a referendum [on Obama]. And we did!’ ’’ gushed former Mayor Ed Koch, the first prominent Democrat to cross party lines for Turner.

“I voted for Turner to send Obama a message on the economy and Israel,” said Elaine Kaye, 64, an Orthodox Jew.

Said Joe Altschuler, 67, a registered independent: “My vote was against Obama. I certainly don’t like his policy on Israel. The stimulus was a waste of money. This is a guy who talks great but doesn’t deliver.’’

For his part, Weprin and the Democratic machine painted Turner as a Tea Party Republican who would slash Medicare and Social Security. But he couldn’t overcome the anti-Obama sentiment.

“The public is rightfully very angry at government right now, and David being an elected official took more of the brunt of this anger,’’ said his brother, Councilman Mark Weprin. “The president took some of the heat [also].’’

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/bam_bopped_in_big_apple_vote_wemU3ZneASofzOzRykkmlJ

I don't live in this district, but will say - ethnic whites, many hispanics, jews, etc, are frothing at the mouth hatred of obama admn. where I live.   

Other than the blacks and a few off the charts guilt ridden white "progressives" and govt workers, he has no one left.   

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2011, 05:55:17 AM »

I don't live in this district, but will say - ethnic whites, many hispanics, jews, etc, are frothing at the mouth hatred of obama admn. where I live.   

Other than the blacks and a few off the charts guilt ridden white "progressives" and govt workers, he has no one left.   

This always happens when a politican is caught in a scandal.  Funny thing is that Republican Rep Chris Lee got caught in exact same shit just a few months ago and a Democrat Kathy Hochul won his seat in a special election.  It was even in New York as well which makes me wonder about the sanity of New Yorkers.... :P 

It usually switches back over to the original party on the next election when people cool down.  It really isn't anything to write home about because this election was clearly directed towards the scandal rather than anything else going on. 
A

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2011, 05:55:35 AM »
 HeadlinesWe pick, you click. WSJ
Debbie Wasserman-Schultz: NY-9 is “a very difficult district for Democrats”

http://hotair.com/headlines/archives/2011/09/14/debbie-wasserman-schultz-ny-9-is-a-very-difficult-district-for-democrats

Democratic party leaders insisted the loss wasn’t a harbinger of things to come. “It’s a very difficult district for Democrats,” said Democratic National Committee chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz, noting its Democratic margins there tend to be the second lowest of all the districts in New York City.
House Speaker John Boehner (R., Ohio), dismissed that idea.

“This is a very seriously Democrat district,” Mr. Boehner said. “This is not a district that Republicans have any right to believe we could win.”
Read the Article

Liberals wants us to believe that the Democrat party cosists of intellectuals.  This is one of the stupidest things I have ever read. What does she mean by "difficult district for Democrats"? Even if it was true that the Democratic margin at that district is the second lowest in NYC, it is still a 3-1 edge for the DNC. Democrats have no business losing that district. But, THE VOTING PUBLIC IS TIRED OF OBAMA AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2011, 05:59:09 AM »
Liberals wants us to believe that the Democrat party cosists of intellectuals.  This is one of the stupidest things I have ever read. What does she mean by "difficult district for Democrats". Even if it was true that the Democratic margin at that district is the second lowest in NYC, it is still a 3-1 edge for the DNC. Democrats have no business losing that district. But, THE VOTING PUBLIC IS TIRED OF OBAMA AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY.

They lost because Weiner was showing his weiner around to people....I mean there's no other way to put it.  I would have voted for a Republican if I was there.
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2011, 06:10:03 AM »

They lost because Weiner was showing his weiner around to people....I mean there's no other way to put it.  I would have voted for a Republican if I was there.

Wrong.  You don't live here.  This was a complete referendum on Obama and his policies and largely helped by Ed Koch and Guiliani. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2011, 06:17:19 AM »
GOP Turner wins Weiner seat in upset
By SALLY GOLDENBERG, REUVEN FENTON and CARL CAMPANILE

Last Updated: 3:54 AM, September 14, 2011

________________________ ___________________

Take that, Mr. President!

Republican Bob Turner scored a stunning upset victory yesterday by capturing disgraced former Rep. Anthony Weiner’s congressional seat.

Turner soundly defeated Democrat Assemblyman David Weprin in what is widely seen as a referendum on President Obama’s policies.

“We’ve lit one candle. There’s going to be a bonfire soon when they [in Washington] fully understand it,’’ Turner said of his victory in the once-safe Democratic Queens/Brooklyn district.

Some 500 cheering Turner supporters chanted “USA! USA!’’ at the victory party at the Roma View restaurant in Howard Beach.

Turner said he’ll be sworn in tomorrow. He’s expected to be the star guest at the New York Republican Party’s annual dinner tonight.

“This is a historic race. I’ve been asked by the people of this district to send a message to Washington, and I hope they hear it loud and clear,’’ he said.

“I’m the messenger.’’

Turner, 70, a retired TV exec, then took on Obama.

“We are ready to say, ‘Mr. President, we are on the wrong track,’ ’’ Turner said to thunderous applause, adding, “This election will resound through 2012.’’

Turner was ahead, 54 to 46 percent, with 89 percent of the precincts reporting early this morning.

But Weprin refused to concede.

“There’s a lot of votes to be be counted. Stay tuned,’’ the Queens Assemblyman said at his election-night gathering in Forest Hills.

National Republican and Democratic strategists closely watched a race that should have been a shoo-in for Weprin in a safe blue district.

But they saw Turner successfully turn it into a vote on Obama’s job performance, on the state of the economy and on the president’s controversial treatment of Israel.

“I said to myself, ‘We need to turn this election into a referendum [on Obama]. And we did!’ ’’ gushed former Mayor Ed Koch, the first prominent Democrat to cross party lines for Turner.

“This was an earthquake, an absolute earthquake,’’ said Brooklyn Assemblyman Dov Hikind, an influential orthodox Jewish Democrat who also backed Turner.

Turner tapped into Jewish voters’ discontent with Obama’s handling of Israel, particularly his pressing Jerusalem to negotiate its 1967 borders in peace talks with the Palestinian Authority.

“We’ve had it with your treatment of Israel,’’ Turner thundered, surrounded by hundreds of Orthodox Jewish supporters just after midnight.

Many fed-up voters agreed.

“I voted for Turner to send Obama a message on the economy and Israel,” said Elaine Kaye, 64, an Orthodox Jew.

Said Joe Altschuler, 67, a registered independent: “My vote was against Obama. I certainly don’t like his policy on Israel. The stimulus was a waste of money. This is a guy who talks great but doesn’t deliver.’’

For his part, Weprin and the Democratic machine painted Turner as a Tea Party Republican who would slash Medicare and Social Security. But he couldn’t overcome the anti-Obama sentiment.

“The public is rightfully very angry at government right now, and David being an elected official took more of the brunt of this anger,’’ said his brother, Councilman Mark Weprin. “The president took some of the heat [also].’’

Worried about Turner’s strong challenge in a district where Democrats account for a majority of the voters and outnumber Republicans by 3-to-1, Weprin’s campaign, the Democratic Party and unions poured more than $1.5 million into the race.

They vastly outspent Turner and the GOP on the airwaves, and swamped voters with mailings and phone calls -- to no avail.

The 9th Congressional District has been in Democratic hands since 1920. Before Weiner, the seat was held by such Democratic heavyweights Geraldine Ferraro and Charles Schumer.

NEW YORK POST is a registered trademark of NYP Holdings, Inc.

nypost.com , nypostonline.com , and newyorkpost.com are trademarks of NYP Holdings, Inc.

Copyright 2011 NYP Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved. Privacy | Terms of Use

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/bam_bopped_in_big_apple_vote_wemU3ZneASofzOzRykkmlJ#ixzz1XvrqSYNn

________________________ ____________________

Hillary is going to jump in to this thing at this point my by estimation.   She is the only one who can save the Dems. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2011, 06:19:44 AM »
Liberals wants us to believe that the Democrat party cosists of intellectuals.  This is one of the stupidest things I have ever read. What does she mean by "difficult district for Democrats"? Even if it was true that the Democratic margin at that district is the second lowest in NYC, it is still a 3-1 edge for the DNC. Democrats have no business losing that district. But, THE VOTING PUBLIC IS TIRED OF OBAMA AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY.

3 to 1 Dems to GOP, a district the Dems have had for nearly 90 YEARS.....DIFFICULT!!!

What kind of ganga is she smoking?

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2011, 06:20:54 AM »

They lost because Weiner was showing his weiner around to people....I mean there's no other way to put it.  I would have voted for a Republican if I was there.

Yeah, ok. You are talking about a state that has a district which reelected Rangel despite his 11 counts of ethical violations.

It had nothing to do with Weiner. Even the Democratic candidate's brother laid it at Obama's feet.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2011, 06:24:50 AM »
Yeah, ok. You are talking about a state that has a district which reelected Rangle despite his 11 counts of ethical violations.

It had nothing to do with Weiner. Even the Democratic candidate's brother laid it at Obama's feet.

I feel bad for the majority of blacks how badly they are brainwashed and unable to see reality of Obama through anything but race colored glasses.   Its pathetic.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2011, 06:29:10 AM »
http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/09/14/for-democrats-its-2010-all-over-again

Even the guru at NYT is panicing over 2012 now.   

Tidal Wave and Tsunami coming in 2012. 

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2011, 06:30:05 AM »
Nice to see that my vote counted--- Another body blow to the Criminal Democratic machine.

All the rest of you chicken shit libs in "safe" districts are on notice.

Your time is almost up.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2011, 06:35:01 AM »
Yeah, ok. You are talking about a state that has a district which reelected Rangel despite his 11 counts of ethical violations.

If that was true then Kathy Houdal would not have won Republican Chris Lee's seat in April just a few months ago.... ::)

Its a horse and you're blaming it on a fucking zebra.  When an elected official gets caught in a bad scandal then it unlikely that the party will maintain the seat.   ::)
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2011, 06:36:07 AM »
Nice to see that my vote counted--- Another body blow to the Criminal Democratic machine.

All the rest of you chicken shit libs in "safe" districts are on notice.

Your time is almost up.

2012 is going to be Reagan - Mondale   - if they even allow Obama to run again. 

The Dems have to defend 22 Senate seats, many of which are highly vulnerable, and obama is going to be an albatross on the ticket. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2011, 06:37:26 AM »

If that was true then Kathy Houdal would not have won Republican Chris Lee's seat in April just a few months ago.... ::)

Its a horse and you're blaming it on a fucking zebra.  When an elected official gets caught in a bad scandal then it unlikely that the party will maintain the seat.   ::)

LMAO - keep your head in the sand bro. 

Take off your race colored glasses for a second and wake up the fact that Obama is destroying the Demo party on all fronts.   

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2011, 06:48:32 AM »

Don't you think that that political climate and sentiment can change in 5 months? The economy has gone nowhere and the president is on TV spewing the same economic plan from the past 2 years. You are fooling yourself believing that the Dems only lost because of Weiner. Most people who had anything to do with this race AND WHO LIVE IN THAT STATE proclaim that it is a referendum on the Democratic party and Obama.

We will just have to agree to disagree. But, lets say you are right. You are wrong, but lets act like you are right for once. If a Republican won this district, in which Dems have a 3-1 edge and had a strangle hold since 1920, just because the previous office holder took lewd photos of himself. Then imagine how much the GOP will win next year if the economy continues to tank and the Democrats are forced to explain why none of their policies (stim bills) have helped.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2011, 06:52:35 AM »

That was a 3-man race (so to speak). A Tea Party candidate took 9% of the vote in NY-26. That's how Hochul won.

NY-9 was a TWO-MAN race and Turner beat Welperin soundly by 8 points.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2011, 06:53:49 AM »
Great article.   Obama is killing off the Demo party. 

________________________ ________________________

By Sean Trende - September 14, 2011

‹‹Previous Page |1 | 2 |

Share  tweetmeme_style = 'compact'; tweetmeme_url = 'http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2011/09/14/new_york_9_and_the_democratic_coalition_111328.

Last night, Republican Bob Turner won a surprisingly strong victory in New York's 9th Congressional District. As I noted after the New York-26 special election last May, special elections don't have much predictive power; we can't use this race to forecast the outcome of the 2012 presidential race -- or even whether Republicans will retain their majority in the House. Still, just as the special election in NY-26 can be seen as part of a gradual decline of Republican fortunes in upstate New York, yesterday's results in NY-9 tells us a bit about the state of the Democratic coalition, both in terms of its fading prospects among white voters, and the effects of packing its most reliable voters into a few districts.

To understand what’s going on in New York-9, let’s travel back to 1988. That year, Democrats won only 40 percent of the white vote in this country, en route to an eight-point defeat for their national ticket, headed by Michael Dukakis. Democrats’ losses among whites were broad: Upper-class whites, suburbanites, and even working-class whites voted Republican. The Democrats’ congressional majorities, while large, were also increasingly shaky; as old Southern Democrats retired, they were increasingly being replaced with Republicans.

In 1992, Democrats nominated Bill Clinton for president, who famously professed to be a “new” Democrat. Clinton promised to “end welfare as we know it,” while eschewing tax increases for the middle class.

This paid substantial dividends among the white voters with whom Democrats had struggled for almost four decades. While Republicans had won 60 percent or more of the two-party white vote in 1980, 1984 and 1988, Clinton came a point away from being the first Democrat since LBJ to carry whites. It wasn’t just any whites among whom Clinton improved the Democratic vote share. The white working class -- which never fully left the Democratic Party, especially at the congressional level -- warmed toward a candidate who didn’t seem antagonistic to their values, while suburban whites appreciated his fiscal realism.

Clinton repeated the feat in 1996, but afterward, the Democratic performance among whites began to decline. As the party’s nominees became more liberal, the Clinton coalition slowly dissipated. Al Gore won only 44 percent of the two-party vote among whites nationally, while John Kerry won just 41 percent of the white vote. In 2008, for all the hype about Obama’s “broad” coalition, he only won 43 percent of the white vote, about two points better than Kerry. Obama’s win came almost entirely from turning out more minority voters, and doing better among them.

Obama has had problems with working-class whites in particular. Recall that on the eve of the Democratic convention in 2008, McCain was almost even with Obama in the RCP Average. Gallup’s tracking poll -- which had McCain ahead -- showed that Obama’s weakness was largely due to an underperformance in this group. McCain’s lead among high-school-educated whites at that point was 23 points. Among whites with some college, he led by 21 points. After the Republican convention, those numbers were 22 points and 28 points, respectively.

These voters were brought into Obama’s camp only after the financial collapse; by mid-October, McCain led by only six points among those with no college degrees and 11 points among those with some college. This shift allowed Obama to win the election, although by a smaller margin than many expected.

Over the course of Obama’s presidency, it has been more of the same. Consider the following chart:

Obama’s overall weekly job approval is at 41 percent, but it is concentrated heavily among African American adults. To put this in perspective, in Gallup’s October 1994 polling, President Clinton’s job approval was also at 41 percent. Yet his job approval was five points higher among whites (38 percent); his job approval among blacks had sunk to a still-healthy, but not otherworldly, 63 percent. You may say, “That’s only five points' difference,” but it’s a good bet that Weprin wishes Obama’s approval rating had been about five points higher in New York’s 9th district.

This is important because the African American vote is unevenly distributed in our country. Although blacks make up 13 percent of the population according to census figures, African American voters tend to be packed into a few districts. This “packing” has indeed increased the number of African Americans in Congress, but it has come at the expense of having more districts where African American voters have little influence -- about 90 percent of the districts in the nation have African American populations of less than 30 percent, a few points more than was the case in 1970 (despite a two-point increase in the African American share of the population).

Which brings us to NY-9. The following map (courtesy of Dave’s Redistricting Tool) shows precincts in Queens and Brooklyn by race, with New York-9’s outlines superimposed (blue precincts are African American, green are Hispanic, red are white):

As you can see, this is largely a combination of white precincts in central Queens and South Brooklyn. It’s an impressive gerrymander; standing alone, South Brooklyn would be about a 55 percent McCain district, even allowing for some voters in the 13th. It would be easy to make this a Democratic stronghold, but it would come at a cost of jeopardizing minority control of the neighboring districts. Although it is only 62 percent white, it is also only 4 percent black; Latinos and Asians in the district vote less proportionately  than their white and African American counterparts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moreover, these are working-class whites; the last of the “Archie Bunkers.” Many of the firefighters and police officers who gave their lives on 9/11 hailed from this district. The median income for the district is about $55,000 a year, which is the lowest of any of the non-majority minority districts in the city area. By contrast, in all four suburban Long Island districts, the median income is around $80,000 a year. Many of the surviving white ethnic communities are in this district; 12 percent of the district still identifies as Italian, 7 percent as Irish.

Estimates of the Jewish population are more difficult to calculate, but Jews probably constitute about 25 percent of the population (and are probably higher as a share of the electorate). While the most heavily Orthodox Jewish communities such as Borough Park (about 70 percent for McCain) are strategically placed in other districts, the Jewish voters here still tend to be more conservative than the Jewish communities around Miami or in Manhattan. Many are Russian immigrants (around 7 percent of the district) who tend to lack affinity for government intervention in the economy. Still, while the Jewish presence is significant, it can’t explain everything that is going on here.

Overall, we can see here a microcosm of the Democrats’ performance among whites, especially working-class whites. The following table shows the Democratic presidential vote in the district over the past few election cycles (the 1988 number is Democratic performance under the 1992 lines; the district’s base partisanship did not change appreciably in the 2000 redistricting), as well as how the Democratic candidate’s performance in the district compared to his share of the national vote:

Democratic performance in the district improved greatly from 1988 to 1992, and continued to improve in the '90s. When Anthony Weiner ran in 1998, after Chuck Schumer vacated the seat to run for Senate, he received 66 percent of the vote there.

Since then, however, there has been a substantial decline in Democratic performance here as the party began to nominate presidential candidates who had more difficulty relating to working-class whites than had Clinton or Gore. Today the district probably leans Democratic at the presidential level by a weaker margin than it has since Watergate. As congressional voting increasingly aligns with presidential voting, this becomes a potential problem for the Democrats. In some respects, this can be seen as a continuation of trends we saw in 2010, when a lot of Democrats in working-class white districts saw their vote shares decline significantly. Many of them survived because they drew weak opponents, and because their vote shares were declining from pretty solid performances in 2008, but for some, including Paul Kanjorski and Jim Oberstar, the decline was career-ending.  New York-9 appears to be in this vein.

Again, we have to resist reading too much into a single special election. There won’t be too many districts with large conservative Jewish populations. Nor will there be many Democratic candidates who get the size of the national debt wrong by an order of magnitude, as did Weprin.

At the same time, I think that if Democrats had a 2012 nominee like Bill Clinton who related well to the white working class, they wouldn’t be in trouble here. But they don’t; they have a nominee whose coalition is much narrower than Clinton’s was (although it is deeper among core Democratic constituencies). If the result in NY-9 is largely about white working-class voters continuing to align their congressional votes with their presidential votes, it could open a whole new crop of seats up to potential competition.

‹‹Previous Page |1 | 2 |

Sean Trende is Senior Elections Analyst for RealClearPolitics. He can be reached at strende@realclearpolitics.com.

Page Printed from: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2011/09/14/new_york_9_and_the_democratic_coalition_111328-full.html at September 14, 2011 - 06:49:59 AM PDT

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2011, 06:55:11 AM »
That was a 3-man race (so to speak). A Tea Party candidate took 9% of the vote in NY-26. That's how Hochul won.

NY-9 was a TWO-MAN race and Turner beat Welperin soundly by 8 points.

Thanks for that great information.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2011, 06:56:36 AM »
Obama’s overall weekly job approval is at 41 percent, but it is concentrated heavily among African American adults. To put this in perspective, in Gallup’s October 1994 polling, President Clinton’s job approval was also at 41 percent. Yet his job approval was five points higher among whites (38 percent); his job approval among blacks had sunk to a still-healthy, but not otherworldly, 63 percent. You may say, “That’s only five points' difference,” but it’s a good bet that Weprin wishes Obama’s approval rating had been about five points higher in New York’s 9th district.

This is important because the African American vote is unevenly distributed in our country. Although blacks make up 13 percent of the population according to census figures, African American voters tend to be packed into a few districts. This “packing” has indeed increased the number of African Americans in Congress, but it has come at the expense of having more districts where African American voters have little influence -- about 90 percent of the districts in the nation have African American populations of less than 30 percent, a few points more than was the case in 1970 (despite a two-point increase in the African American share of the population).

________________________ ________________________ _________

vince - this is what i was trying to explain to you a few weeks ago. 

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2011, 07:03:01 AM »

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2011, 07:06:42 AM »
Thanks for that great information.

You're welcome.

And, it makes the point that the LAST thing we need right now is a 3rd party. As long as the Tea Party challenges a GOP guy straight up in the GOP primary, the winner has a much better chance of getting the spot.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2011, 07:09:08 AM »
You're welcome.

And, it makes the point that the LAST thing we need right now is a 3rd party. As long as the Tea Party challenges a GOP guy straight up in the GOP primary, the winner has a much better chance of getting the spot.

3rd parties dont work but act as a spoiler so long as we have an electoral college.   

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2011, 07:12:27 AM »

And, that's why, Vince, Obama can have 90% of the black vote and still get KILLED in 2012. Ask Carter and Mondale. They have at least 90% of the black vote; yet Reagan crushed both of them.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2011, 07:14:20 AM »
3rd parties dont work but act as a spoiler so long as we have an electoral college.   

You mean, so long as it's "Winner-Take-All" with the electoral college. Bush barely, and I mean, BARELY won Florida in 2000. But he got all 25 of the EC votes from the Sunshine State.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2011, 07:19:44 AM »
You mean, so long as it's "Winner-Take-All" with the electoral college. Bush barely, and I mean, BARELY won Florida in 2000. But he got all 25 of the EC votes from the Sunshine State.

Its almost mathmatically impossible in a three way race for any candidate to rack up the needed 270 EC votes needed to win. 

Than what?  We are going to possibly have a pres who can be potus by winning NY, CA, and IL?

GMAFB - that is a recipe for pure chaos.