Author Topic: Bush Admn rejected Solyndra Loan App. Obama approved it 2 weeks into office!  (Read 3761 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Solyndra Pestered Bush Administration Over Delays in Approving Federal Loan, Emails Show
Fox News ^ | September 16, 2011 | Ed Henry
Posted on September 16, 2011 10:36:05 PM EDT by Kaslin

WASHINGTON -- Solyndra officials were intensely pressuring Bush administration officials in early January 2009 to approve a government loan for the solar company before the Obama administration took power, according to new emails obtained by Fox News on Friday.

On Jan. 12, 2009, Solyndra CEO Chris Gronet sent an Energy Department official an email marked "urgent" expressing outrage that Bush officials had decided a few days earlier that while the loan application had "merit" it needed further study before officials could move forward with a taxpayer-financed loan.

"I was appalled to learn on Friday that our application is being delayed yet again," Gronet wrote to Energy official Steve Isakowitz, writing there had been "countless communications" back and forth suggesting the application would be reviewed Jan. 15.

(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Solyndra: $469 million more than we already know about? Plus, an added surprise?
Flopping Aces ^ | 09-16-11 | Aye
Posted on September 16, 2011 7:14:23 PM EDT by Starman417

The folks at LA Observed have slogged through the Solyndra SEC filing and have found what may be a stunning discovery, adding insult to injury.

For more background on Solyndra, read Curt's post here and Dr. John's post here.

Turns out that Solyndra, the now-bankrupt solar panel manufacturer so highly touted by the Obama administration applied for a second loan which would be guaranteed by the US Department of Energy.

This second loan was to be in the amount of $469 million dollars (for Phase II Part 1):

On September 11, 2009, we submitted Part 1 of an application for an approximately $469 million guaranteed loan to be utilized to finance the construction of Phase II. As with the financing facility for Phase I, the loan would be made by the Federal Financing Bank and guaranteed by the DOE. On November 4, 2009, we were notified by the DOE that our Part 1 application was complete and that Phase II was determined to be a Section 1703 eligible project and to have the credit subsidy cost for the project paid out of funds allocated under Section 1705. We submitted Part 2 of our loan guarantee application on November 17, 2009.
While writing this post, and reading through the filing, I discovered something else. Notice the line in bold above.

A loan application was also made for Phase II, Part 2. We don't, as of yet have a monetary value for Part 2.

The earlier $535 million loan (for Phase I) was separate and distinct from the second one:

Phase I Financing
We were the first company to secure a guaranteed loan facility under Title XVII. On September 3, 2009, we and one of our subsidiaries, Solyndra Fab 2 LLC, entered into financing agreements with the Federal Financing Bank, a government corporation under the general supervision of the Secretary of the Treasury, and the DOE that provide for a $535 million loan to Solyndra Fab 2 LLC, which we refer to as the Fab 2 Borrower, that is guaranteed by the DOE. The estimated aggregate project costs of Phase I are approximately $733 million...

It's unclear from the filing if the second loan was ever actually received by Solyndra and, so far, the administration has not made any effort to address that issue one way or the other:

(Excerpt) Read more at floppingaces.net...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Is this the "change" people voted for? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Yes.  This is exactly what they voted for.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Bump for Straw and andreisatwat

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
bUMP FOR STRAW

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
I'm not bothering with multiple threads

if you can't be bothered to present facts or support your claims or refute mine then what's the point of wasting any more of my time with you

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I'm not bothering with multiple threads

if you can't be bothered to present facts or support your claims or refute mine then what's the point of wasting any more of my time with you

LMFAO!!!!!

Priceless!   

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
LMFAO!!!!!

Priceless!   

Hahaha, you hit him with the truth and he replies with, "I can't be bothered so I'm just going to believe whatever fairy tales Media Matters tells me to believe."

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Hahaha, you hit him with the truth and he replies with, "I can't be bothered so I'm just going to believe whatever fairy tales Media Matters tells me to believe."

333 hasn't provided any truth

if you think anything in the MM link is not true or accurate then feel free to address it and provide your source

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
What's there to talk about? It was shelved, President Downgrade took it back up and approved it despite the mountain of evidence showing it was a bad bet. No one gives a fuck about what Media Matters claims. Especially when you take into account their reputation for fabricating shit out of thin air (something you are also fond of). Ask anyone in the public who approved the loan and I'll bet 99% will say the Downgrade regime.